/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hi!

margris
01-01-2008, 02:20 PM
:)
hi every one, im very glad to join this community, i hope you help me. i want to get usefull information i about islam with a very open and wide point of view, i have collected information by my own in the past few years but now im considering in changing to islam for many reasons that i will explain to you when we get in touch.
according to my documents i am registered as a catholic but i was never really attached to any speciffic religion and although i grew up in a very catholic tradition school i never felt really touched by it.
however i went through many facets in my life and since i came to europe i had the oportunity to interact with people of different believes, religions, cultures and traditions and i felt particularly moved by islam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
'Abd al-Baari
01-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi margris, :)

Welcome to the forums,
Hope you have an enjoyable and beneficial stay here

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, :)

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Assalam o Allikum
Welcome to the forum
lovely to hear your comments on islam, there are many muslims and reverts on this forum as well as others from different beliefs, cultures, backgrounds. i hope you will have a beneficial stay here :)

- Qatada -
01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
Hey margris :)

Welcome to the forums. If you ever have any questions about Islam, please don't hesitate to ask!

By the way, maybe you could share your story on how you went through the different stages of life, and finally finding Islam to be what you've always wanted? :) That would be really interesting.

Here's some good links which might give some good info on Islam;

http://islamreligion.com
http://www.islamonline.net/
http://islamtoday.com

We look forward to your stay!

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
01-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the forum Margis. If you have not noticed yet a large number of us here are reverts. Further many of us are former Catholics. several of us were seminarians and I believe we have at least one former priest.

I find it to be very normal for a Catholic to be attracted to Islam. If you had been a devout Catholic you will see much similarity between Catholicism and Islam. It is as if when we practiced Catholicism, we were on a path very close, but it did not go quite as far as it should. Islam we discover is the full path and has what Catholicism discarded at some point.

margris
01-01-2008, 03:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Hey margris :)

Welcome to the forums. If you ever have any questions about Islam, please don't hesitate to ask!

By the way, maybe you could share your story on how you went through the different stages of life, and finally finding Islam to be what you've always wanted? :) That would be really interesting.

Here's some good links which might give some good info on Islam;

http://islamreligion.com
http://www.islamonline.net/
http://islamtoday.com

We look forward to your stay!

Peace.
it is difficult to explain when and how it happened, it was a sequence of evolution i guess. after spending almost my entire childhood in a extreme catholic school is difficult to explain why i wasnt really moved by it but i didnt bother to look inside of me cuz by that time i didnt care much. after one negative event very attached with this religion i started asking myself if that was it about. was that it about? the religion i was born with, is not like it did really afect me much but it draw my attention. and i decided to open my heart to the religion. at one point i got extremelly disapointed about catholisism as an impulse or reaction, i rejected the existence of a god and it was easy since till that time i never felt identified with the only one religion i was in touch with anyway. for a period of time i denied that part missing in my life but i was aware that it was still there. then i came to europe and i met people from different religions, traditions, countries, point of views, education levels, so we can say that i was exposed to what they believed, and the way they believed but i was particullary moved by muslims and then i wanted to know what was exactly that make them believe that way, why were so inspired and since then i´ve been also inspired however, there is much more i would like to know about facts and history of islam in order to give a greater sense to my convertion

Uthman
01-01-2008, 03:14 PM
Greetings margris,

You will find a very supportive and understanding community here comprising not only of Muslims, but extending to Christians, Atheists, Agnostics e.t.c. as well.

I hope you find the answers that you seek. Please feel free to ask any questions.

Regards

- Qatada -
01-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, that's really interesting :) I really hope you do benefit.

Here's a good link which explains about Islamic history, Womens rights in Islam etc:

Islamic history

Women's Position in Islam

http://www.load-islam.com/

It's really useful! I hope you find them of benefit God willing. :)

Peace.

ژاله
01-01-2008, 03:30 PM
welcome to da forum

muslim1
01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by margris
:)
hi every one, im very glad to join this community, i hope you help me. i want to get usefull information i about islam with a very open and wide point of view, i have collected information by my own in the past few years but now im considering in changing to islam for many reasons that i will explain to you when we get in touch.
according to my documents i am registered as a catholic but i was never really attached to any speciffic religion and although i grew up in a very catholic tradition school i never felt really touched by it.
however i went through many facets in my life and since i came to europe i had the oportunity to interact with people of different believes, religions, cultures and traditions and i felt particularly moved by islam.
Welcome brother to this nice forum. You like people here. They are so nice and we make one big family.

Did you travel for seeking knowledge? If so, then it is God who guided you cuz you tried ur best to reach the truth. May God guide us all to the right path. :smile:

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-02-2008, 12:53 AM

Abdul-Raouf
01-02-2008, 01:57 PM

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!