/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are surgeons Anal?

جوري
01-03-2008, 03:29 AM
I was browsing through the forums and found someone complaining about 'Ghusl' being so long and particular.. why not just a shower he asked..
And it has inspired this thread..
if people knew how long scrubbing and gowning takes before a procedure, they'd probably be shocked.. even more so, because no amount of sterlization techniques can really safe guard against nosocomial infections..

why all the finger scrubbing for a double gloved hand on an AIDS pt.. some might wonder.. anyhow
here is how long the technique takes, and sometimes longer as there is usually more than one party involved..
and no it isn't like it is on TV
without much further ado
enjoy

http://www.bumc.bu.edu/Dept/Content....69&PageID=6637

Ellen Lones, M.S.N., R.N., C.N.O.R.
and
Wayne W. LaMorte, M.D., Ph.D., M.P.H.

Department of Surgery
Boston University Medical Center

Part 1: Preparation and Scrubbing (13 min)

What to wear, masking, opening your sterile gown and gloves, scrubbing

Part 2: Gowning and Gloving (12 min)

Drying your hands, gowning and gloving, where to stand, how to move around the operating room table

Part 3: Out Takes (about 1 min)

To view these videos, you must have Real Player installed on your computer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
genki
01-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Yep having seen it first hand it takes them around 20-25mins to prepare for an operation. THEN again it depends on where the op is done such as which country, which facilities, which hospital, their standards and how complicated extensive the op is.

It can get even longer time consuming by operating on certain complicated cases in a completely sterile and quaranteend environment with even the equipment and monitors etc all wrapped and sterilised.

Muezzin
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
Nah, surgeons aren't anal.

The type of people who use public toilets, then splash tap water on their hands for approximately .5 of a second and grip the entire exit door handle are anal. But in a more literal, smackdown-inspiring way.

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 07:18 AM
Working in a hospital and seeing how quickly colds, viruses and other nastiness gets passed around, I cannot complain about the amount of time it takes for surgeons to minimize the risk of transmission of various things onto patients.

I also wish people would be more adamant about washing their hands! I have lost count of the amount of times I've seen people come out of washroom stalls and not even stop at the sink to wash their hands before leaving (or even worse, see them stop at the mirror to poke around at their face and just walk out!) *GAG!!!!*

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.