/* */

PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Presidential Election 2008: Obama and Huckabee

Qingu
01-04-2008, 05:57 AM
Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mike Huckabee have come out significantly ahead in the primary elections.

This is a pretty big win for both of them and it's entirely possible that we are now looking at the contenders for the 2008 presidential race.

What do Muslims think of these two candidates?

(As an Obama supporter, I'm particularly interested to see if Muslims across the world—most of whom seem to currently hate America—would be willing to start on a new page with the US of A if Obama wins the election.)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
01-09-2008, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Qingu
Democrat Barack Obama and Republican Mike Huckabee have come out significantly ahead in the primary elections.

This is a pretty big win for both of them and it's entirely possible that we are now looking at the contenders for the 2008 presidential race.

(As an Obama supporter, I'm particularly interested to see if Muslims across the world—most of whom seem to currently hate America—would be willing to start on a new page with the US of A if Obama wins the election.)
Why would Obama be more impressive to Muslims than Hillary Clinton? Because of his name? In any event, with Obama losing New Hampshire, it appears his momentum is dwindling a bit. I think we're looking at a Clinton/McCain presidential race.

MTAFFI
01-09-2008, 07:20 PM
It will be interesting to see who ends up running for president... Could be any combination really of Clinton, Obama, Huckabee or McCain, or maybe even one of the other candidates. I like Obama, I think he has some interesting things to say, however, I dont know if he has the experience for the job. Plus, he may just be a lot of talk with no walk. As far as Hilary goes, man I hope she doesnt get elected or even in the running, I have had enough of the Bush's and the Clinton's in office for a while and not only that but she just gives me the creeps. McCain is OK, I often wonder about his honesty and electability in the grander scheme.... I guess that kind of applies to all the republicans, except Ron Paul who is really just a libertarian in disguise. Who knows though really, I guess time will tell :hmm:

MTAFFI
01-09-2008, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Why would Obama be more impressive to Muslims than Hillary Clinton?
Probably more impressive because of his purposed foreign policy of holding talks directly with some of the more threatening M.E. countries

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MTAFFI
Probably more impressive because of his purposed foreign policy of holding talks directly with some of the more threatening M.E. countries
I think if Obama wins the election he will get a quick crash course in foreign affairs that will shake up his worldview a bit. It does that for every nominee with lofty notions of handshaking and tea sipping problems away. I actually like Obama, and I would prefer him over Hillary any day of the week. However, in the present climate I think McCain can strike the balance between foreign affairs and domestic issues. The only problem I have with McCain is his immigration proposals.

czgibson
01-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Greetings,

They seem to have been campaigning for ages already, but I gather there are still several months of it to go. When will the whole embarrassing spectacle be over?

Peace

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 08:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by czgibson
Greetings,

They seem to have been campaigning for ages already, but I gather there are still several months of it to go. When will the whole embarrassing spectacle be over?

Peace
It is certainly a spectacle. I'm not sure it is really embarrassing yet. :D Florida 2000 was embarrassing.

It will be over the first Tuesday in November 2008 (unless there is another Florida type fiasco)

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 08:14 PM
As an Obama supporter, I'm particularly interested to see if Muslims across the world—most of whom seem to currently hate America—would be willing to start on a new page with the US of A if Obama wins the election.)
I am thinking yes...if

The US ends support for Israel

The US "gets out" of "Muslim contires". This would presumably include Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Iraq, Tadjikistan, Afghanistan .....yada, yada, yada

The US stops trying to steal Muslim natural resources (whatever that is)

The US stops being friends with the corrupt puppet-stooges in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Jordan, Pakistan...yada yada yada

The US stops trying to export its culture to Muslim countires.

The US stops trying to foment sectarian strife which, of course, has no historical precedent and did not exist before George Bush was President.

We stop whinning about 9-11 and understand how it is a just recompense

We release all Muslim prisoners

We apologize for everytning wrong in the Muslim world

We impeach Cheny and Bush..or hand them over to the Hague War Crime Tribuanl

I am sure there is more...but that might open some dialogue.

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 08:20 PM
I think if Obama wins the election he will get a quick crash course in foreign affairs that will shake up his worldview a bit. It does that for every nominee with lofty notions of handshaking and tea sipping problems away. I actually like Obama, and I would prefer him over Hillary any day of the week. However, in the present climate I think McCain can strike the balance between foreign affairs and domestic issues. The only problem I have with McCain is his immigration proposals.
I completely agree. I think Clinton is going to be the Dem nominee still. I think Romney has been wounded pretty badly in two states where he put in a huge effort and that Huckabee will get plastered in liberal states but he could do very well in South Carolina. I think it could come down to McCain or Giuliani by the convention. This is such a wild Republican race it may be the winner will only be decided at the convention.

wilberhum
01-09-2008, 08:23 PM
We apologize for everytning wrong in the Muslim world
That might cover it. It is so obvious that many think that way.

tomtomsmom
01-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that this election is going get real ugly really quick.

Why would muslims like Obama more? Correct me if I am wrong, but to my understanding he was taught Islam as a child but says he isn't a muslim. Isn't that wrong? Kinda like a lot of black people have a problem with him because they say he is a sell out.

MTAFFI
01-09-2008, 08:45 PM
yep, I agree, that is what I meant when I was saying a lot of talk and no walk.. It is always easy to say "read my lips, no more taxes" but it is a lot harder when the job is actually in front of you waiting to get done. As far as McCain goes, I dont like his immigration ideas either, but I dont know if popular opinion supports mine or not so I dont know if that effects his electability either. Again I will say though, I am just not sure what to make of him, it is like I cant figure out if he is sincere or not.... I dont know when he smiles he kind of looks like the grinch who stole christmas when he smiles reallll big and his face wrinkles all up :D

MTAFFI
01-09-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom
I have a sneaky suspicion that this election is going get real ugly really quick.

Why would muslims like Obama more? Correct me if I am wrong, but to my understanding he was taught Islam as a child but says he isn't a muslim. Isn't that wrong? Kinda like a lot of black people have a problem with him because they say he is a sell out.
I think Obama should stay in the senate for about another 5 to 10 years or so and then run again when he has some experience under his belt. He has a lot of good ideas, but I think they may be a bit far fetched. Only problem with that is with him out that leaves Hillary and John Edwards and Hillary would probably beat Edwards and I would probably bang my face into a wide steel apparatus until my brain hemorrhages and I die....(better than Hillary as president)

Amadeus85
01-09-2008, 08:55 PM
I'm not USA citizen and I dont really know who i would vote for if I could.Of course I would choose candidates among republicans.From moral issues Hilary Clinton and Barrack Obama won't get my voice.The same with Guliani (unless he changes his views). So we have Romney,McCain and Huckabee.But honeslty I dont know enough about them to decide whom I like most.But honestly I think that the new president of the world would be democrat this time.

tomtomsmom
01-09-2008, 08:56 PM
I think Obama should stay in the senate for about another 5 to 10 years or so and then run again when he has some experience under his belt. He has a lot of good ideas, but I think they may be a bit far fetched. Only problem with that is with him out that leaves Hillary and John Edwards and Hillary would probably beat Edwards and I would probably bang my face into a wide steel apparatus until my brain hemorrhages and I die....(better than Hillary as president)
LOL! I have to ask...........what is so wrong with Clinton?

I don't know who I will vote for. My primary vote isn't going to matter anyway though. I don't think I will waste my time with it. I will be voting in November based on the lesser of two evils.

Ninth_Scribe
01-09-2008, 09:12 PM
I would prefer Bill Richardson because he has a very impressive track record, but he lacks Obama's fire and charisma. I thought about Hillary Clinton, being a woman myself, but I don't trust her - she changes her position too much.

I don't expect that the Muslims would ever trust the west again after what happened in Palestine. We said we would help them until they could stand on their own two feet, and then we gave away half their land to a people who have a very nasty history! Everything else is just after-math. Sigh.

All this over the stability of the oil industry - when we have the means to power our own country, but would rather not mess up our pristine environments. Even here, on Cape Cod, we have a power solution, but a group of home-owners don't want to have a wind turbine operation ruin their precious ocean views. Of course, most of those people are "summer-only" property owners who don't have to worry about the high cost of home heating here. Double sigh.

The Ninth Scribe

MTAFFI
01-09-2008, 09:41 PM
LOL! I have to ask...........what is so wrong with Clinton?
to me she is just a foul, foul beast! She is a liar and a trash talking propaganda artist....I dont like her policies or politics. I dont believe anything she says, I dont believe she cares about our country, I think she is just wanting to fill her pockets one last time. The very site of her creates a sickening disturbance in my stomach +o( If she gets elected I will leave my home in NC and live in another country for 4 years, and I am not even trying to be funny

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 09:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
I would prefer Bill Richardson because he has a very impressive track record, but he lacks Obama's fire and charisma. I thought about Hillary Clinton, being a woman myself, but I don't trust her - she changes her position too much...
Bill Richardson not only lacks "fire", I dont think he has a pilot light. He is a smart guy, but not very exciting. The funny thing is he has the toughest immigration position of all the Dems because he was the Governor of a border state.

Hillary is a very sophisticated, poll-driven candidate. She will say things to make the Democratic base happy during her primary campaign then sound more like a Republican during the general election. That is how the game is played.

Keltoi
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Cognescenti
Bill Richardson not only lacks "fire", I dont think he has a pilot light. He is a smart guy, but not very exciting. The funny thing is he has the toughest immigration position of all the Dems because he was the Governor of a border state.

Hillary is a very sophisticated, poll-driven candidate. She will say things to make the Democratic base happy during her primary campaign then sound more like a Republican during the general election. That is how the game is played.
Did you see the video of her "crying" during some event in New Hampshire? It was very uncomfortable...it was like watching a robot imitate human emotion..

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
For us in Malaysia, Obama is a very interesting person as he has "Hussein" in his middle name and having Muslim ancestry. But as our own general election is getting near... nobody really bother about who would be the best candidate to represent Democrat. But I think Malaysian Muslims would love to see Democrat winning the election. For Malaysian Muslims, Republican Party is seen as a very bad party with intention to "colonize" muslim nations.

I think, the Indonesians would love to see Obama as the President as he has some Indonesian connections in his life.

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Did you see the video of her "crying" during some event in New Hampshire? It was very uncomfortable...it was like watching a robot imitate human emotion..
:giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling::giggling: :giggling:

wilberhum
01-09-2008, 11:30 PM
That sounds a lot like unbridled hate.

It sames you lack the ability to identify "human emotion" in those you don't respect. :thumbs_do

I'm truly disappointed in you bigoted attitude.

PS: I'm not a Clinton fan, I support Edwards.

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Well...that is not entirely fair. According to some Secret Service tell-all books she can be quite emotional when throwing White House ash trays at Bill.

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 11:45 PM
^^^ hehe lol

Cognescenti
01-09-2008, 11:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
... But I think Malaysian Muslims would love to see Democrat winning the election. For Malaysian Muslims, Republican Party is seen as a very bad party with intention to "colonize" muslim nations.
Just an observation, but I think your understanding of American politics may be a bit ...superficial. :sunny:

anatolian
01-09-2008, 11:57 PM
A black muslim American President?....maybe in the next century..

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Well I'm willing to bet if the next president isn't black then She will be white. :D

north_malaysian
01-10-2008, 12:05 AM
Just an observation, but I think your understanding of American politics may be a bit ...superficial. :sunny:
Personally, I dont think the republicans want to colonize all Muslim nations. But most Malaysian Muslims think that...

But still, I dont like Republican Pro-War policy.

truemuslim
01-10-2008, 12:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian

lol a black ARAB american president... who is smart...

north_malaysian
01-10-2008, 12:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
Well I'm willing to bet if the next president isn't black then She will be white. :D
wow, you're totally sure that the Democrats would win the presidency.

جوري
01-10-2008, 12:45 AM
couldn't care less who wins the election.. it always comes down to Kang & Kodos so what is the point?

ricardo_sousa
01-10-2008, 12:49 AM
i think Obama is more a mulatto, his mother is white. I think he would be a great American president, but I don´t know if he is has the necessary experience to the job.

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Ya,I'm totally sure. Bush have given the Republicans such a bad rep that it will take a long time to over come.
As I remember the Democrats thought they would run out of ballets. The turnout was like 50% higher that the previous record. Republicans did 20% better than the last election. Now this is all via CNN and most of you they just peddle lies. :hmm: Independents are voting in record numbers too and they are mostly voting Democrat.
McCain supports the Iraq invasion. I have lots of respect for him, but he lost me with that and I suspect the vast majority of Americans.
Though I am pro Edwards, Clinton is my second choice with Obama a close third.

But IMHO who ever it is, they will be a Democrat.

ranma1/2
01-10-2008, 02:50 AM
It is certainly a spectacle. I'm not sure it is really embarrassing yet. :D Florida 2000 was embarrassing.

It will be over the first Tuesday in November 2008 (unless there is another Florida type fiasco)
hey 2 elections in a row. i wouldnt be surprised.

Cognescenti
01-10-2008, 03:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ranma1/2
hey 2 elections in a row. i wouldnt be surprised.
You forget...in 2004, Florida wasn't really close. In fact, the only state that was closest enough and big enough to make a difference in 2004 was Ohio and the difference there was >50,000 votes. Nobody except blockhead party hacks believed there was anything to recount there.

That the 2000 election came down to a razor thin 200-500 vote victory for Bush in Florida out of millions of votes and that the result in Florida determined the election result is one of the most astounding political events in modern US electoral history.

north_malaysian
01-10-2008, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa
i think Obama is more a mulatto, his mother is white. I think he would be a great American president, but I don´t know if he is has the necessary experience to the job.
He's a Eurafrican.

European + African = Eurafrican
European + Asian = Eurasian
European + Polynesian/Melanesian/Micronesian = Euronesian :okay:

north_malaysian
01-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Ya,I'm totally sure. Bush have given the Republicans such a bad rep that it will take a long time to over come.
As I remember the Democrats thought they would run out of ballets. The turnout was like 50% higher that the previous record. Republicans did 20% better than the last election. Now this is all via CNN and most of you they just peddle lies. :hmm: Independents are voting in record numbers too and they are mostly voting Democrat.
McCain supports the Iraq invasion. I have lots of respect for him, but he lost me with that and I suspect the vast majority of Americans.
Though I am pro Edwards, Clinton is my second choice with Obama a close third.

OK. Thanks.

Qingu
01-10-2008, 05:18 AM
Unless Huckabee runs against Clinton. Please don't tell me you're going to underestimate the evangelicals AGAIN, after the last two elections.

It's interesting to see so many people repeat the whole "Obama doesn't have enough experience" meme. It's also interesting to see the level of irrational disgust leveled towards Hillary Clinton.

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 06:03 AM
Unless Huckabee runs against Clinton. Please don't tell me you're going to underestimate the evangelicals AGAIN, after the last two elections.

It's interesting to see so many people repeat the whole "Obama doesn't have enough experience" meme. It's also interesting to see the level of irrational disgust leveled towards Hillary Clinton.
I never underestimate anyone. :thumbs_do

But I think Bush's war and an economy going south will stop any Republican. :mad:

And as I said IMHO.

Keltoi
01-10-2008, 02:43 PM
That sounds a lot like unbridled hate.

It sames you lack the ability to identify "human emotion" in those you don't respect. :thumbs_do

I'm truly disappointed in you bigoted attitude.

PS: I'm not a Clinton fan, I support Edwards.
Bigoted attitude? What exactly was bigoted about anything I said? Hillary is a very robotic public speaker, and isn't very good at mixing emotion into her stump speeches. If stating that makes me "bigoted" then they must have changed the definition.

Keltoi
01-10-2008, 02:46 PM
Normally an unpopular president means a backlash against his party, but voters in this election seem to look at both parties with a healthy dose of skepticism. The field is ripe for a viable third party candidate, but it isn't going to happen.

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 02:52 PM
It's also interesting to see the level of irrational disgust leveled towards Hillary Clinton.
Hilary is a full fledged liar, I tend to hate all liars, they give me an irrational level of disgust. Tell me what gives her enough experience to run for president? 8 years in the senate and being married to a politician? She just says whatever she has to, to get a vote, she doesnt believe in or care about it. I cant stand her

Keltoi
01-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Hilary is a full fledged liar, I tend to hate all liars, they give me an irrational level of disgust. Tell me what gives her enough experience to run for president? 8 years in the senate and being married to a politician? She just says whatever she has to, to get a vote, she doesnt believe in or care about it. I cant stand her
I believe you just joined the "bigot" club...congratulations.

Jayda
01-10-2008, 02:54 PM

hola,

that's actually a misperception americans take for granted... the other people of the world have a relationship with america, and not with american presidents. the worlds' perception of us does not reset with a clean slate every time we elect a new leader.

que Dios te bendiga

Jayda
01-10-2008, 02:56 PM
leave castas in the past where it belongs, we are beyond that

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I believe you just joined the "bigot" club...congratulations.
If not liking Hilary Clinton makes you a bigot then you can compare me with the likes of Hitler :D

Jayda
01-10-2008, 03:00 PM
she would be a strong leader in the wrong direction...

ricardo_sousa
01-10-2008, 03:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
leave castas in the past where it belongs, we are beyond that
no, you don´t. Everyone is speaking: "the first black president of USA" and for me he is not black.

Keltoi
01-10-2008, 05:37 PM
no, you don´t. Everyone is speaking: "the first black president of USA" and for me he is not black.
What constitutes "black" to you?

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Come on now man, the guy is black, just because his skin is pale doesnt mean anything otherwise you might as well say that anyone who isnt the same color or darker than Kunta Kinte' isnt really black. The majority of African Americans have some white in them courtesy of their ancestors owners. Let me ask you this, is OJ Simpson black? How about Kobe Bryant? How about former rapper turned Law and Order star Ice T, just how black is he? How about Colin Powell :) or Brian Gumble :D? Oh yeah and what about the rapper eminem, is he black??? I really am interested to hear your answers, although this is all a bit amusing to me as well...

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 06:46 PM
As far as Clinton goes..........I still haven't heard a reason as to why she is so disliked. (Hate is such a strong word) Admitted, she is not a very emotional speaker. But yet when she does show emotion she gets raked through the coals for it. Seems like she can't catch a break.

Oh and Obama is black. His mother may be white, but most people (at least the ones I know) claim ancestry of their father. I have known many mixed people in my life and none of them have ever claimed to be white.

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Bigoted attitude? What exactly was bigoted about anything I said? Hillary is a very robotic public speaker, and isn't very good at mixing emotion into her stump speeches. If stating that makes me "bigoted" then they must have changed the definition.
Ya, I think you have a bigoted attitude. I don't think it is a change in definition, I think it is your inability to analyze what you said.

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 06:57 PM
And MAFFI I'm disapointed in you too. Sad!

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
If not liking Hilary Clinton makes you a bigot then you can compare me with the likes of Hitler :D
Wow, Hilary - Hitler, and you see no bigotry.

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 07:01 PM
As far as Clinton goes..........I still haven't heard a reason as to why she is so disliked. (Hate is such a strong word)
I have answered this question 2 times already, maybe a 3rd time will be the charm. I severely dislike her, because I think she is a liar and based on her track record she is.... I think we could all agree that we dont need anyone else in office who may wish to distort facts or outright lie to the people for their own political or personal means. Not only that but the Bush's and Clintons have been in control in some way or another in this country for going on 20 years now, that is insane, if we want change then perhaps we should find a new leader that can say or do something that we havent yet experienced. Not only that but I dont agree with her policies on immigration, healthcare, the war in Iraq, foreign policies or her plans for the economy. As I said earlier if she gets elected president I will return to the US in 4 years once I see who wins the election then.

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Wow, Hilary - Hitler, and you see no bigotry.
lol... I was saying that I dont think it takes bigotry to dislike Hilary Clinton.. I dont like her and I am not a bigot. What I was saying earlier was if disliking Hilary makes you a bigot then I could be compared to Hitler... However I dont think it does, so until then I would rather not be compared to Hitler..lol:)

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 07:05 PM
And MAFFI I'm disapointed in you too. Sad!
Dont be disappointed because we have differences in opinion on who we would like to see running for president. It happens :)

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 07:13 PM
I have answered this question 2 times already, maybe a 3rd time will be the charm. I severely dislike her, because I think she is a liar and based on her track record she is.... I think we could all agree that we dont need anyone else in office who may wish to distort facts or outright lie to the people for their own political or personal means. Not only that but the Bush's and Clintons have been in control in some way or another in this country for going on 20 years now, that is insane, if we want change then perhaps we should find a new leader that can say or do something that we havent yet experienced. Not only that but I dont agree with her policies on immigration, healthcare, the war in Iraq, foreign policies or her plans for the economy. As I said earlier if she gets elected president I will return to the US in 4 years once I see who wins the election then.

Whoa dude retract the claws a bit:giggling:

Ok, so she is a liar. Can you show me a politician who isn't? Yes, that is a serious question. I am not being sarcastic. I have never seen one. I try to follow politics to a certain degree but it really makes my brain hurt. That is why I seem to ask dumb questions (like why you feel she is so bad) because I can't keep up. If you have time and feel like it, I would like for you to elaborate on what about her policies that you don't like.

wilberhum
01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
Dont be disappointed because we have differences in opinion on who we would like to see running for president. It happens :)
I have no problem with a difference in opinion. I have a problem with all the hateful statements.

Cognescenti
01-10-2008, 07:48 PM
As far as Clinton goes..........I still haven't heard a reason as to why she is so disliked. (Hate is such a strong word) Admitted, she is not a very emotional speaker. But yet when she does show emotion she gets raked through the coals for it. Seems like she can't catch a break. .
Are you one of those who hates Bush? If he wants to hate Hillary let the man have his fun. :D

As for me, I don't hate her. I just don't want her to be President. :smile: As for her crying before the New Hampshire primary, I am not convinced that wasn't planned to get more women to vote for her. :'( Cliinton, Inc seems to plan everything.

Oh and Obama is black. His mother may be white, but most people (at least the ones I know) claim ancestry of their father. I have known many mixed people in my life and none of them have ever claimed to be white.
Here is an idea. Why don't we just get rid of stupid labels like that? Ironically, partly as his father was African and not African-American, he is regarded with some suspicion by African-American voters and gets less support from them than does Hillary.

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 07:51 PM
Whoa dude retract the claws a bit:giggling:

Ok, so she is a liar. Can you show me a politician who isn't? Yes, that is a serious question. I am not being sarcastic. I have never seen one. I try to follow politics to a certain degree but it really makes my brain hurt. That is why I seem to ask dumb questions (like why you feel she is so bad) because I can't keep up. If you have time and feel like it, I would like for you to elaborate on what about her policies that you don't like.
[VERY LARGE TALONS RETRACTED] :) LOL

Sorry I didnt mean to come off that way, anyways maybe I can elaborate without typing her autobiography

Immigration: voted for amnesty to illegals in our country, voted for chain immigration which would allow all of the illegals families to also enter legally, voted against a border control system, including the fence, consistently demonstrated her desire for foreign labor in an economy that is already full of it. Now that she is running for pres. she is saying she wants to act tougher on illegal immigrants, when her prior actions reflect exactly the opposite.

Healthcare: I probably shouldnt have said that I dont like her position on this, however, I dont think she has allowed the public to know exactly what her plan covers, I do like the idea of only having to pay a percentage of your income towards it though, the only thing is what is the percentage? I would also like to know would this be a government takeover of insurance companies, which is a big question since insurance companies account for i think something like 1/9 of the total economy. Who do you pay the premium to and what medical facilities will take it? This is really one of my main issues with Clinton, everything is vague so it can go whichever way she wants to later when she is in a debate, that is until she gets pounded on about it like she did in some of the earlier debates.

Iraq: WHAT IS HER POSITION ANYWAYS? Does she have an exit strategy? Does she intend to stay or go? Who the heck knows because depending on the group she is in front of she changes her stance.

Foreign Policy: She has no intention on trying to engage some of our "diplomatic enemies" if you will... She has interests in Saudi just like Bush and her husband did. However, this isnt as big of a deal to me as the next one is, domestic policies particularly our...

Economy: If her idea is like her husbands (which I would assume it is since she has publicly stated numerous times that she "yearns" for her husbands economy), taxes will go up for the middle and lower classes, which at this point in time would effect everyone since national debt, bankruptcies and forclosures are at a crisis point in my opinion. Because of her foreign policies our trade deficit will only increase causing more problems for the average worker. Now all this while she claims to support the average Joe... Tell me how that is right?

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET THE PLANTING OF AUDIENCE MEMBERS AT HER Q&A SESSIONS

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 07:53 PM
I have no problem with a difference in opinion. I have a problem with all the hateful statements.
I thought I was being more truthful than hateful :D

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Are you one of those who hates Bush? If he wants to hate Hillary let the man have his fun. :D

As for me, I don't hate her. I just don't want her to be President. :smile: As for her crying before the New Hampshire primary, I am not convinced that wasn't planned to get more women to vote for her. :'( Cliinton, Inc seems to plan everything.

Here is an idea. Why don't we just get rid of stupid labels like that? Ironically, partly as his father was African and not African-American, he is regarded with some suspicion by African-American voters and gets less support from them than does Hillary.

I don't hate Bush. (cover my head) I just don't like him very much. Well, not really at all. But like I said hate is such a strong word. It implies that you want something bad to happen to the person. I don't wish bad things to happen to the man or his family. His wife actually seems like an intelligent person (if you overlook who she married). If people want to hate Clinton that is their choice. Opinions are like butt holes. Everybody has one and most of them stink!
I am just trying to gain more information on why people don't want her to be president. So if you so feel inclined you can explain why you don't. I was just looking on Edwards site and I really like the healthcare plan he has on there. If it will really happen, who knows. But as a non-insured person, it is nice to see that there is a detailed plan already instead of saying "yeah we are gonna do something about it but we just aren't sure what yet"

As for the whole color issue, I agree. It would be nice for labels to disappear completely. My son, almost 7, knows nothing of "black" people. In his young mind anyone who isn't the same as him is brown. Which makes sense if you think about it. I personally have never seen black skin that wasn't on a burn patient.

ricardo_sousa
01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
For me, Obama is a mulatto.

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 08:10 PM
[VERY LARGE TALONS RETRACTED] :) LOL

Sorry I didnt mean to come off that way, anyways maybe I can elaborate without typing her autobiography

Immigration: voted for amnesty to illegals in our country, voted for chain immigration which would allow all of the illegals families to also enter legally, voted against a border control system, including the fence, consistently demonstrated her desire for foreign labor in an economy that is already full of it. Now that she is running for pres. she is saying she wants to act tougher on illegal immigrants, when her prior actions reflect exactly the opposite.

Healthcare: I probably shouldnt have said that I dont like her position on this, however, I dont think she has allowed the public to know exactly what her plan covers, I do like the idea of only having to pay a percentage of your income towards it though, the only thing is what is the percentage? I would also like to know would this be a government takeover of insurance companies, which is a big question since insurance companies account for i think something like 1/9 of the total economy. Who do you pay the premium to and what medical facilities will take it? This is really one of my main issues with Clinton, everything is vague so it can go whichever way she wants to later when she is in a debate, that is until she gets pounded on about it like she did in some of the earlier debates.

Iraq: WHAT IS HER POSITION ANYWAYS? Does she have an exit strategy? Does she intend to stay or go? Who the heck knows because depending on the group she is in front of she changes her stance.

Foreign Policy: She has no intention on trying to engage some of our "diplomatic enemies" if you will... She has interests in Saudi just like Bush and her husband did. However, this isnt as big of a deal to me as the next one is, domestic policies particularly our...

Economy: If her idea is like her husbands (which I would assume it is since she has publicly stated numerous times that she "yearns" for her husbands economy), taxes will go up for the middle and lower classes, which at this point in time would effect everyone since national debt, bankruptcies and forclosures are at a crisis point in my opinion. Because of her foreign policies our trade deficit will only increase causing more problems for the average worker. Now all this while she claims to support the average Joe... Tell me how that is right?

OH AND LETS NOT FORGET THE PLANTING OF AUDIENCE MEMBERS AT HER Q&A SESSIONS

I just visited her site, and though very nice, it did seem very vague. As far as immigration goes I am very torn on the subject. While I don't agree with people coming here illegally, I know how hard it is to get citizenship. Most people don't realize how long it really takes and how much it costs. For example my husband and I have been working for over a year (with about 2 more to go) and paid over $3,000 so far for him to become a citizen. When it is all said and done it is going to cost us nearly $8,000. For some people that may not sound so bad. But for most that is a huge amount of money and it doesn't just appear out of thin air.

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 08:12 PM
For me, Obama is a mulatto.
***DUMB QUESTION ALERT***

What the heck is a mulatto??

MTAFFI
01-10-2008, 08:44 PM
I just visited her site, and though very nice, it did seem very vague. As far as immigration goes I am very torn on the subject. While I don't agree with people coming here illegally, I know how hard it is to get citizenship. Most people don't realize how long it really takes and how much it costs. For example my husband and I have been working for over a year (with about 2 more to go) and paid over $3,000 so far for him to become a citizen. When it is all said and done it is going to cost us nearly $8,000. For some people that may not sound so bad. But for most that is a huge amount of money and it doesn't just appear out of thin air.
Her site is nice isnt it? kind of reminds me of the poison dart frog.

$8,000 doesnt seem like very much over the course of a few years to pay in order to become a full citizen of this country. Especially when you consider that every illegal mexican woman that is in our country and has a child gets free healthcare at the cost of tax payers, which amounts to over 8,000 bucks each time. In fact, I would say it sounds like a great deal in order to become a citizen of one of the greatest countries to live in on earth. Doesnt it frustrate you that these people avoid the same system you and yours are working hard to do legitimately? As far as the time it takes to complete, to me that doesnt seem to out of line either, it takes time to do background checks and observe the individuals behavior, ya know? I dont want a bunch of people coming in the country committing crimes and then having to jail them and pay for them, it is much more cost effective to deport them.

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 09:34 PM
Her site is nice isnt it? kind of reminds me of the poison dart frog.

$8,000 doesnt seem like very much over the course of a few years to pay in order to become a full citizen of this country. Especially when you consider that every illegal mexican woman that is in our country and has a child gets free healthcare at the cost of tax payers, which amounts to over 8,000 bucks each time. In fact, I would say it sounds like a great deal in order to become a citizen of one of the greatest countries to live in on earth. Doesnt it frustrate you that these people avoid the same system you and yours are working hard to do legitimately? As far as the time it takes to complete, to me that doesnt seem to out of line either, it takes time to do background checks and observe the individuals behavior, ya know? I dont want a bunch of people coming in the country committing crimes and then having to jail them and pay for them, it is much more cost effective to deport them.

LOL poison dart frog!

Like I said, many people think that $8000 isn't a lot to have to pay. But when you don't have that extra money to spend it might as well be a million dollars. It is a hard choice to make when you have to decide if your rent gets paid or your lawyer does. Does it frustrate me that people avoid doing it. Hell yeah. As a matter of fact it thoroughly pisses me off. I can't help but think that if more people did it instead of going around the system, that it would cost me less money and time to make sure my husband gets to stay with me. And after all is said and done, they can still reject his application and he would be deported. I think that if someone illegal commits a crime, they should be deported. We shouldn't have to pay for them to stay here. I would much rather my tax dollars be spent on a one way plane ticket. I don't think that illegals should be allowed to get government assistance at all. If they don't pay taxes, they shouldn't get help. There are thousands of US citizens that need help and can't get it because there in no money to help them. That isn't fair. I understand why people think that every illegal should be deported. But at the same time, it is a lot different when it is someone you love who can possibly meet that fate. It gives you a different perspective.

ricardo_sousa
01-10-2008, 10:05 PM
***DUMB QUESTION ALERT***

What the heck is a mulatto??
Mulatto (Portuguese or Spanish mulato, "small mule", "person of mixed race", ultimately from Latin mūlus, "mule") is a person who has both black and white ancestry. It can also be used as an adjective to describe something as a light brown color.

AvarAllahNoor
01-10-2008, 10:46 PM
I don't hate Bush. (cover my head) I just don't like him very much. Well, not really at all. But like I said hate is such a strong word. It implies that you want something bad to happen to the person..

I do! Why you may ask? He is responsible for the deaths of thousands if not millions in the Middle East. Innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflict. Including USA soldiers. (Well him and Blair) So I'd wish him and Dick (how appropriate) Cheney and croonies to perish as others have for the sake of oil!

Gur Fateh.

AvarAllahNoor
01-10-2008, 10:49 PM
Mulatto (Portuguese or Spanish mulato, "small mule", "person of mixed race", .
Isn't that like saying ''Mongrel''? It's bordering on racist my dear chap! :D

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
ricardo_sousa

Mulatto (Portuguese or Spanish mulato, "small mule", "person of mixed race", ultimately from Latin mūlus, "mule") is a person who has both black and white ancestry. It can also be used as an adjective to describe something as a light brown color.

That is a very ugly word. There is no need for such name calling.

AvarAllahNoor

I do! Why you may ask? He is responsible for the deaths of thousands if not millions in the Middle East. Innocent people who had nothing to do with the conflict. Including USA soldiers. (Well him and Blair) So I'd wish him and Dick (how appropriate) Cheney and croonies to perish as others have for the sake of oil!

Gur Fateh.

That is the difference between people who hate and people who strongly dislike. For me to wish terrible things on him makes me no better than he is. He will pay for what he has done one day. But it will not be because of me. That is more burden than I want to bear.

ricardo_sousa
01-10-2008, 11:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Isn't that like saying ''Mongrel''? It's bordering on racist my dear chap! :D
That is a very ugly word. There is no need for such name calling.
no it isn´t. Is a common designation where I live. Is like saying white, black, mulatto.. what´s racist?

AvarAllahNoor
01-10-2008, 11:05 PM
no it isn´t. Is a common designation where I live. Is like saying white, black, mulatto.. what´s racist?

In that case I shall let it pass.....Just this once :okay:

tomtomsmom
01-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Where are you from? Where I come from it would be the same as calling a black person a n*gg*r or a mexican a sp*c. It isn't very nice and it would be considered racist. But slang is different in every country. But now that you know that many would consider that offensive, perhaps you could refrain from using that word:D

Keltoi
01-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Ya, I think you have a bigoted attitude. I don't think it is a change in definition, I think it is your inability to analyze what you said.
Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

My stance on Hillary Clinton is that she is a robot public speaker without much in the way of charisma. No, I don't agree with her politics at all, but that wasn't the point of my statement. I said watching Hillary "cry" is like watching a robot trying to imitate human emotion. If I am a bigot perhaps you are as much of a bigot for calling me a bigot...using your own defintion.

AvarAllahNoor
01-10-2008, 11:26 PM
Only reason I'd support Ol Hillary, is because of her husband he was an astounding president, and his political tical influence is great. (minus the personal history of Clinton)

north_malaysian
01-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Well... "Eurafrican" is not as racist as "Mulatto"...

wilberhum
01-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Bigot: One who is strongly partial to one's own group, religion, race, or politics and is intolerant of those who differ.

My stance on Hillary Clinton is that she is a robot public speaker without much in the way of charisma. No, I don't agree with her politics at all, but that wasn't the point of my statement. I said watching Hillary "cry" is like watching a robot trying to imitate human emotion. If I am a bigot perhaps you are as much of a bigot for calling me a bigot...using your own defintion.
Now is that being a good Christian? :(

Is anything you have said about Hillary Christian?

ricardo_sousa
01-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Well... "Eurafrican" is not as racist as "Mulatto"...
I don´t see why... go to Brazil and ask their opinion :D

north_malaysian
01-11-2008, 12:15 AM
I don´t see why... go to Brazil and ask their opinion :D
Barack Obama's father is not an African Latino, it's unfair to call him a Mulatto as he's not a latino.

His father came from Kenya, a member of the British Commonwealth... he should be known as Eurafrican.

ricardo_sousa
01-11-2008, 12:20 AM
Barack Obama's father is not an African Latino, it's unfair to call him a Mulatto as he's not a latino.

His father came from Kenya, a member of the British Commonwealth... he should be known as Eurafrican.
but mulatto have nothing to do with being "latino" or not....

Whatsthepoint
01-11-2008, 12:27 AM
As much as I fail to see the point of discussing this, I'm gonna have to go with Ricardo. A mulatto is a descendant of a black and a white parent.
Eurafrican is a good term, however white people are not indigenous only in Europe but also in parts of Asia.

AvarAllahNoor
01-11-2008, 12:44 AM
Just call him by his name. Problem solved. (Not addressing Hillary by her background are we)

Keltoi
01-11-2008, 01:57 AM
Now is that being a good Christian? :(

Is anything you have said about Hillary Christian?
Christian? Does being Christian mean I can't have an opinion about someone's speaking style, politics, or personal demeanor? No it doesn't, so stop with cheap tactics.

tomtomsmom
01-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Now now boys, lets keep this civil. I am tired of interesting threads being closed due to mud slinging. K thanks!!!!!!!

adeeb
01-11-2008, 01:43 PM
^^ agree...

Keltoi
01-11-2008, 02:34 PM
Now now boys, lets keep this civil. I am tired of interesting threads being closed due to mud slinging. K thanks!!!!!!!
You're right, sorry. Being called a bigot seems to rub me the wrong way. However, you are correct.

MTAFFI
01-11-2008, 03:08 PM
LOL poison dart frog!
lol.. I am glad you could find the humor in that! :)

Like I said, many people think that $8000 isn't a lot to have to pay. But when you don't have that extra money to spend it might as well be a million dollars. It is a hard choice to make when you have to decide if your rent gets paid or your lawyer does. Does it frustrate me that people avoid doing it. Hell yeah. As a matter of fact it thoroughly pisses me off. I can't help but think that if more people did it instead of going around the system, that it would cost me less money and time to make sure my husband gets to stay with me. And after all is said and done, they can still reject his application and he would be deported. I think that if someone illegal commits a crime, they should be deported. We shouldn't have to pay for them to stay here. I would much rather my tax dollars be spent on a one way plane ticket. I don't think that illegals should be allowed to get government assistance at all. If they don't pay taxes, they shouldn't get help. There are thousands of US citizens that need help and can't get it because there in no money to help them. That isn't fair. I understand why people think that every illegal should be deported. But at the same time, it is a lot different when it is someone you love who can possibly meet that fate. It gives you a different perspective.

This is exactly my point, it probably wouldnt cost you $8 grand for your husband if it wasnt for all of this illegal nonsense. So the price is pushed up for you and your husband because of these people who disrespect our country by disobeying our laws their first days in our country. It just isnt right for everyone else who is working hard and abiding by the system to have to pay such a tremendous amount of money for these people. Hilary visited a primarily latino community yesterday and said that there wasnt an illegal woman in america... How is that right? And again she claims to be on these peoples side but then if she were to get in office she would cut medicare and medicade, she would put higher taxes on the poor and middle classes.... These are just two minor things, her husband is who really allowed us to be in such a trade deficit with China today, by importing everything at the cost of the middle and lower class jobs.. Sad, and if she is president I would bet big money that it will only create a larger divide between the rich and the poor, at some point the middle class working man, the man that I truly admire for driving this country over the past 200 or so years, will lose his status and simply be a poor man.

Cognescenti
01-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Gur Fateh.
Avar;

People like you give "hate" a bad name.

Cognescenti
01-11-2008, 03:21 PM
I am just trying to gain more information on why people don't want her to be president. So if you so feel inclined you can explain why you don't. I was just looking on Edwards site and I really like the healthcare plan he has on there. If it will really happen, who knows. But as a non-insured person, it is nice to see that there is a detailed plan already instead of saying "yeah we are gonna do something about it but we just aren't sure what yet"

Right...well she tried to have to Federal Government take over 1/5 of the US economy (healthcare initiative during hubby's first term)

She lied about the Rose Law firm records that, though claimed lost, miraculously appeared in the West Wing.

She lied about making $100,000 in a single day on a cattle futures contract when Billy was Governor.

She is a weather vane politician...she operates by focus group and polls...carefully trying to hide her true ideological beliefs (because this would doom her chances)

Her thighs are too fat. :giggling: (just kidding)

tomtomsmom
01-11-2008, 07:29 PM
lol.. I am glad you could find the humor in that! :)

This is exactly my point, it probably wouldnt cost you $8 grand for your husband if it wasnt for all of this illegal nonsense. So the price is pushed up for you and your husband because of these people who disrespect our country by disobeying our laws their first days in our country. It just isnt right for everyone else who is working hard and abiding by the system to have to pay such a tremendous amount of money for these people. Hilary visited a primarily latino community yesterday and said that there wasnt an illegal woman in america... How is that right? And again she claims to be on these peoples side but then if she were to get in office she would cut medicare and medicade, she would put higher taxes on the poor and middle classes.... These are just two minor things, her husband is who really allowed us to be in such a trade deficit with China today, by importing everything at the cost of the middle and lower class jobs.. Sad, and if she is president I would bet big money that it will only create a larger divide between the rich and the poor, at some point the middle class working man, the man that I truly admire for driving this country over the past 200 or so years, will lose his status and simply be a poor man.

Yes the poor get poorer and the rich get richer. There is all this talk of extra child tax credit. But I don't see how much that can help someone who is tring to raise a family on $20,000 a year. Minimum wage is no where close to where it should be (here in NC for sure).

As far as no woman being illegal all I have to say is BOO!!!!!:thumbs_do

tomtomsmom
01-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Right...well she tried to have to Federal Government take over 1/5 of the US economy (healthcare initiative during hubby's first term)

She lied about the Rose Law firm records that, though claimed lost, miraculously appeared in the West Wing.

She lied about making $100,000 in a single day on a cattle futures contract when Billy was Governor.

She is a weather vane politician...she operates by focus group and polls...carefully trying to hide her true ideological beliefs (because this would doom her chances)

Thanks for taking the time to explain. It is hard to find info (for me anyway) that makes any sense.

MTAFFI
01-11-2008, 08:14 PM

so it is 1/5? I thought I read somewhere it was 1/9, not contending your figure as I dont always have the best memory... All the more reason I guess, I wonder how many jobs would be lost or payrates would be reduced because of this wonderful plan by Hilary Clinton? Sounds a bit like Hugo Chavez ideas to me.. Why not go ahead and nationalize the countries telephone and energy industries next..

omar_2133
01-12-2008, 11:57 AM
You do realize that he had even argued in a speech in August 2007, that if terrorists managed to be located and tracked down on Pakistani/Afghan terrioty, and none of the respective governments acted on their intelligence, then he would order the Airforce to unilaterally bomb the area, from their neighbouring bases in Afghanistan.

And if you remember the last time something like that happened, in the Bajaur bombing which was intended to strike Al Quaeda's number two, Ayman Al-Zawahri, 83 Pakistani civilians were killed, including five foreigners, which sparked widespread anger and condemnation in the Islamic World, and was even described by the Pakistani minister as a violation of sovereignty.

In that respects, he is treading quite a dangerous line in taking that stance.

Omari
01-12-2008, 01:53 PM
Personaly, I want anyone besides a dictator to run the superpower. Obama sounds good to me :)

Cognescenti
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by omar_2133
You do realize that he had even argued in a speech in August 2007, that if terrorists managed to be located and tracked down on Pakistani/Afghan terrioty, and none of the respective governments acted on their intelligence, then he would order the Airforce to unilaterally bomb the area, from their neighbouring bases in Afghanistan.
I believe Omar pretty much has that right. Does that change anyone's opinion of Obama?

Cognescenti
01-12-2008, 03:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omari
Personaly, I want anyone besides a dictator to run the superpower. Obama sounds good to me :)
How about Clinton...she voted for the Iraq war?

How about McCain....he is an ex-POW war hero who has said he would stay in Iraq "one hundred years" if that is how long it took to win?

How about Giuliani..he was Mayor of New York in 2001..he literally saw, first hand, people jumping to their deaths out of the WTC?

Obama has said he would bomb Pakistani territory if he had to.

I think the guy you want is Kucinich.

BTW...you might explain to us what you mean by "dictator" as your meaning seems to differ from the commonly accepted one.

Omari
01-12-2008, 04:02 PM
a person exercising absolute power in ways that are against humanity. hmm that turned out good.

and I never said I support him, i just want troops out of afghanistan and iraq. Do you know what is happening to "suspected terrorists" in the prisons?

AvarAllahNoor
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Avar;

People like you give "hate" a bad name.
Is there a good form of hate?

Omari
01-12-2008, 04:47 PM
sure there is, for example, hating the devil is a good form of hate. Hating terrorism, hating death, hating dictatorship, hating all negative things in the world are all good examples of hate in good form:)

peace be with you brother
Omari

AvarAllahNoor
01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omari
sure there is, for example, hating the devil is a good form of hate. Hating terrorism, hating death, hating dictatorship, hating all negative things in the world are all good examples of hate in good form:)

peace be with you brother
Omari
What's negative about hating the likes of Dubya and Blairy? As Con, seems to think!:D

Muezzin
01-12-2008, 07:38 PM
You think being compared to a mule couldn't possibly be offensive?

Okay.

I think the word in itself is offensive solely because it sounds like 'mullet', undoubtedly and objectively the ugliest hairstyle known to man. Who the heck wants to be associated with that?

Also, can we have less of the 'people like you' and 'good kinds of hate' talk, please? Ain't nice, and locks threads.

As for my input on this thread, I tend to agree with Guillermo Del Toro: All politics is fantasy and all fantasy is political.

AvarAllahNoor
01-12-2008, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
You think being compared to a mule couldn't possibly be offensive?

Okay.

I think the word in itself is offensive solely because it sounds like 'mullet', undoubtedly and objectively the ugliest hairstyle known to man. Who the heck wants to be associated with that?

Also, can we have less of the 'people like you' and 'good kinds of hate' talk, please? Ain't nice, and locks threads.

As for my input on this thread, I tend to agree with Guillermo Del Toro: All politics is fantasy and all fantasy is political.
Let me just say if Hellboy 2 isn't good, he'll be on my list of targets, politicans or not! :happy:

Muezzin
01-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Slightly more on topic, Chris Rock was on Jonathon Ross's show and was saying something along the lines of the current administration have made things so bad 'it's hard for a white man to run for President! Give me a woman, give me a black guy...'

Ninth_Scribe
01-12-2008, 09:42 PM
Yea, she sets off all my alarms. First impression was: Danger Will Robinson!

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
01-12-2008, 09:47 PM
By a ****** landslide! And no one will be able to cheat this time! Every issue with the electronic voting sys has been identified :Evil:

The Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
01-12-2008, 09:50 PM
I said watching Hillary "cry" is like watching a robot trying to imitate human emotion.
The term you're looking for is: Crocodile tears. According to Webster's dictionary: insincere tears or a hypocritical show of grief. from an old belief that crocodiles shed tears while eating their prey.

I saw it the same way... what we in the old school would call, a cheap shot. About as bad as Bhutto removing her veil in public to adjust it. To Muslims in Pakistan, that must have been just as bad as Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" was here. Sex may sell... but these aren't beauty pageants.

The Ninth Scribe

Omari
01-13-2008, 03:11 AM
What's negative about hating the likes of Dubya and Blairy? As Con, seems to think!:D
That depends totally on perspective...

Cognescenti
01-13-2008, 04:54 AM
Y

I am pretty sure Avar knew the "giving hate a bad name" thing was a joke. It is an old gag. The form is "people like X give Y a bad name" where Y is some odious group. :sunny:

Cognescenti
01-13-2008, 04:57 AM
Slightly more on topic, Chris Rock was on Jonathon Ross's show and was saying something along the lines of the current administration have made things so bad 'it's hard for a white man to run for President! Give me a woman, give me a black guy...'
Chris Rock is a funny guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is closet Republican based on some of his comments about personal responsibility :sunny:

north_malaysian
01-13-2008, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ninth_Scribe
By a ****** landslide! And no one will be able to cheat this time! Every issue with the electronic voting sys has been identified :Evil:

The Ninth Scribe
ok...ok....I've heard you. :giggling:

Keltoi
01-13-2008, 03:06 PM
Those expecting a Democratic landslide are going to be in for a rude awakening. A Democrat might win, since Republicans aren't too happy with any of their candidates, but it will be very far from a landslide.

krypton6
01-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Obama is not muslims, but he is against Israel which is a very good thing. I'm suprised that many americans like him and his hate for Israel.

YusufNoor
01-13-2008, 03:36 PM
Chris Rock is a funny guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he is closet Republican based on some of his comments about personal responsibility :sunny:
:sl:

actually he is a "closet" Muslim! :blind:

btw, with Richardson pulling out, the most "qualified" politician has left the building...

:w:

AvarAllahNoor
01-13-2008, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
Obama is not muslims, but he is against Israel which is a very good thing. I'm suprised that many americans like him and his hate for Israel.
Because americans don't hate others. You just can't control what the govermnet does sadly

Cognescenti
01-13-2008, 09:54 PM
Huh? That is news to me, but if Obama really does hate Israel he should keep his mouth shut because here is a secret.......some Jews live in the US :scared:...and they are likely to not vote for him if he let's the secret out.

krypton6
01-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Because americans don't hate others. You just can't control what the govermnet does sadly
Many americans hate muslims because of 9/11, yet ignoring and refusing to go behind the attack and see why the Bin Laden did what he did.

Huh? That is news to me, but if Obama really does hate Israel he should keep his mouth shut because here is a secret.......some Jews live in the US :scared:...and they are likely to not vote for him if he let's the secret out.
He is a member of The United Church of Christ. They are known for being anti-israeli, and all over their website they have posted articles and opinions about israel, opinions that are normally said by muslims.
He have not kept his mouth shut though; On his website he have confirmed that he is a active member of The United Church of Christ, and that he attends to many activities and goes to their churches every sunday.
Though he have never made a direct anti-israeli statement.

Most jews in America are actually against israel, they believe that since no signs of the prophecy are seen, israel is a mistake and the lands should be given back. They believe that the way israel was created was political and not as the prophecy goes, religiously. And so does The United Church Of Christ.

Keltoi
01-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Many americans hate muslims because of 9/11, yet ignoring and refusing to go behind the attack and see why the Bin Laden did what he did.

He is a member of The United Church of Christ. They are known for being anti-israeli, and all over their website they have posted articles and opinions about israel, opinions that are normally said by muslims.
He have not kept his mouth shut though; On his website he have confirmed that he is a active member of The United Church of Christ, and that he attends to many activities and goes to their churches every sunday.
Though he have never made a direct anti-israeli statement.

Most jews in America are actually against israel, they believe that since no signs of the prophecy are seen, israel is a mistake and the lands should be given back. They believe that the way israel was created was political and not as the prophecy goes, religiously. And so does The United Church Of Christ.

I looked up some stuff on the UCC and it does appear they have an obvious anti-Israeli policy. The Simon Wiesenthal Center is particularly annoyed by them.

Muezzin
01-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Okay, seriously, no more off-topic posts or thread go locky-bye-bye.

EDIT: Chain of off-topic posts removed. I accidentally removed Keltoi's above, then realised the post was on topic and moved it back, which accounts for its slightly insane subject title. My apologies.

AvarAllahNoor
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Okay, seriously, no more off-topic posts or thread go locky-bye-bye.

Aisa mat karo bhai!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.