/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hello

jasrhu
01-04-2008, 01:58 PM
i'm not a muslim,but i feel very drawn to the islamic faith.
i'm a white guy,who was brought up a christian,i've been reading a lot about islam and the prophet mohhamed,so much so that i've been seriously considering converting.the only things that are stopping me converting at the moment,are the reaction i would get off my family and also i'm not sure if i'm a strong enough human being to live by sharia law.
thanks for reading my first post,i hope i havent offended anyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Hey!

:welcome: to the forum, and I hope you can learn a lot from here.

It's really good to hear that you are interested in the Islamic faith.

Please read more about Islam on the following sites:

www.islamreligion.com
www.beconvinced.com

the only things that are stopping me converting at the moment,are the reaction i would get off my family
Are your family strong Christians?

and also i'm not sure if i'm a strong enough human being to live by sharia law.
Why do you say that?

You seem like a strong willed person, so my advice is that get rid of any misconceptions of Islam or ask any questions that you have regarding Islam, and convert ASAP, brother.

I advise you this, because as soon as a person reverts to Islam, all their past sins are wiped out, and they start their life like a new born baby.... How beautiful is that :)

UmmSqueakster
01-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Welcome! There are several converts running around the board (like me :D ), so do hesitate to ask questions. inshaAllah (God willing) we can put your mind at ease :shade:

Woodrow
01-04-2008, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jasrhu
i'm a white guy,who was brought up a christian,i've been reading a lot about islam and the prophet mohhamed,so much so that i've been seriously considering converting.the only things that are stopping me converting at the moment,are the reaction i would get off my family and also i'm not sure if i'm a strong enough human being to live by sharia law.
Welcome to the forum. quite a few of us here are converts, or rather reverts as what most of us prefer to be called.

It takes a very strong Christian to sincerely revert to Islam. If you are truly strong in your faith and sincerely are praying for guidance. You will be lead properly.

Search through the different sections here and learn what you can. Feel free to ask Questions.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MartyrX
01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by jasrhu
Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions ask away. Everyone here is very helpful and kind.

I'm a convert myself and I grew up in a christian family. I have yet to tell my family but I know they will understand and be glad that I finally found peace. Your family will too it may take time.

jasrhu
01-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Thank you all for taking the time out to read my post.I have a big decision to make and i'm sure with Gods (Allahs) guidance i will do it.And i'm sure you will all be a big help to me also and am touched by the replies i've had to my post.I thank you with all my heart.I am very serious about converting,i just need time,as i know i will upset members of my family,especially my mother.

☆ღUmm Uthmanღ☆
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM

Abdul-Raouf
01-07-2008, 03:25 AM

Strzelecki
01-07-2008, 06:03 AM
Assalamualaikum brother. ^_^
Remember the iman is the most important thing and ultimately the one thing that makes us Muslims [ie; without it it is doubtful we would practice Islam at all.] and I'm gathering that since you're thinking of converting, it's something you have and InshaAllah something that can definitely grow stronger for you over time via tests, experiences and the like. My suggestion would be to take the shahada as soon as you possibly can and slowly learn the rst over time, brother cos you never know what's around the corner. And hopefully your faily nd friends will all be accepting and supportive of your new found way of life. :)

Welcome to LI [and Islam inshaAllah]. Hope you learn a lot and stick around. :)

edil
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Salams! It was nice reading your post. Welcome to this forum. I would like to give you the message that when you convert you wont get positive respond from everyone and is just a test that Allah puts on the new converts. I wonder what do you mean by the shariah law????

syilla
01-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Welcome...and have a beneficial stay :)

جوري
01-11-2008, 07:38 PM
:welcome: aboard.. insha'Allah, you'll find a sense of peace, purpose and fulfillment here..I believe a few members have gone through and can relate to where you are now in life..
May Allah guide your path and light your way

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!