/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientists to Invent a time-machine in near future...BAD IDEA

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:19 PM
:sl:
I heard poeple are going to try to build a time machine... but don't u think IF (which i doubt) it works then poeple wouldnt be able to live there life right, there would be people from the past here, poeple from the future... and the biggest thing to help my doubt... The dead... someone would be able to like go back to when someone died in a car accident or something... and stop them from leaving the house before all of that? but allah has written the date and how each one of us has died... so..??

i would want to use it to see rasulallah... but if that dont work then i would only want to see my grandma and grandpa one more time... allah yarham hum...:cry:

anyway... here is a link about it... time machine thing

if this works...(DOOOUBT IT) then i would take a quraan, and go back to any one of the prophets time, bring one of the dear prophets wit me, and show every one there miracles, and proof of there stuff they did... like...hmm...show them adam was the most beautiful man on earth... or show them yunus or someone... and show them islam... thats all...

something out of islam... take ma xbox 360 and with it, the game 'Call of Duty 4' and show the indians what the americans are doing...lol... they be scared tho... and then take all the indians, and let them come to war over here...of course i aint gonna let em fight with there weak lil ....sticks...and spheres..ppHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA..anyway.. then we win war... MUAHHAHAHAHAHA...lol jk.. i go back to before the first person who killed was (qabil) and tell him he reget it, and stop him before he do what he did... otherwise half the sins of each person on earth to kill another person, will go to him...poor qabil...:cry:

then go to when bush choke on pretzel...laugh...and leave:D:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:23 PM
hola

not to get all trippy on you... but if somebody invents a time machine then it's already been invented...

think about it...

que Dios te bendiga

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
^^^ what?
i am not saying its bad and we shud protest against it... its just one of those things that...hmm... nevermind

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Err, yeah. I'll believe it when i see it. Wait, i'm atheist not agnostic, err, i mean YEAH RIGHT! a TIME MACHINE??!?! THEY DON'T EXIST!

lol.

They've probably had the theories behind it since at least the 50's.

We can always go back and see that there isn't a god :P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:29 PM
^^^ too bad we cant SEE god..

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^^^ what?
i am not saying its bad and we shud protest against it... its just one of those things that...hmm... nevermind
lol well what i mean is... if somebody invents a time machine that means they can go back or forward in time to ANY time they so choose, right? so does it then matter if it is invented six years ago, tomorrow or in 2 billion years? it still means that the person in control of the machine can choose to go to any point in time and change things.

assuming time travel is even possible... and assuming (big assumption) that we have an infinite amount of time to discover it (any date after 2008 to infinity) it's probably already been invented in the future... and whomever has invented it either decided to not mess with the past, or (alternatively) we are living in the messed up past they created.

either way... you have no control over it, so don't worry!

que Dios te bendiga

Isambard
01-04-2008, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola

not to get all trippy on you... but if somebody invents a time machine then it's already been invented...

think about it...

que Dios te bendiga
Thats assuming going back to the past creating an alternate timestream like in sliders...

Or completely negate all of existance like in Donnie Darko...:skeleton:

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 07:33 PM
^^^ too bad we cant SEE god..
You can't see him because he's not there :D

ricardo_sousa
01-04-2008, 07:34 PM
I would like to go to the time of Abraham and tell him to keep his stories to himself...

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:36 PM
we cant see him cuz he aint human...and he is greater than us and way up above the seven heavans...

jayda- OOOOOHHH i get u now..lol..i juss thought the world will get all..mixed up and stuff..oh well...good luck tryin scientists

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isambard
Thats assuming going back to the past creating an alternate timestream like in sliders...

Or completely negate all of existance like in Donnie Darko...:skeleton:
ooOOOOooOOO multiverse... you get points for that...

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa
I would like to go to the time of Abraham and tell him to keep his stories to himself...
sometimes i'm convinced atheists would tell God He doesn't exist to His face

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:41 PM
^^^ haha that made me laugh... so true

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
we cant see him cuz he aint human...and he is greater than us and way up above the seven heavans...

jayda- OOOOOHHH i get u now..lol..i juss thought the world will get all..mixed up and stuff..oh well...good luck tryin scientists
He doesn't have to be human to be seen.

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Godless Heathen
He doesn't have to be human to be seen.
si,

but the question is whether he has to be seen to be God...

ricardo_sousa
01-04-2008, 07:46 PM
no. If he do existed, we would drink some beer and I would ask "wtf is going on in the world!".

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
^^^ yes again true...jayda

he isnt what those idol worshippers call an idol (that they make themselves...wierd they created god to create themm....dumb..?)
he isnt a human....(he created all...incluidng human, not one of humans)
he is nothing we can call except GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD(god.)

so i dont believe air because i have never seen it... i believe we breathe nothing... (not really, this is ___ points of view of god)

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Time is a creation of God, He is outside His own Creation. Therefore even if one was to supposedly go back in time - they still wouldn't see God unless God so willed that He be seen.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:50 PM
no. If he do existed, we would drink some beer and I would ask "wtf is going on in the world!".
why would we do that????

the ones that will go to paradise are the ones to meet him finally... the ones in hell...no...
us? we cant see the creator... why would we? on earth , its all a test right now, we cant see the one giving us this test, if we pass it, we get to see him, and we get paradise, if we dont pass,...:raging::raging::enough!:

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
si,

but the question is whether he has to be seen to be God...
According to christianity and possibly islam (though i think allah is portrayed more as a metaphysical being than a physical one), god is somehow manifested in a physical form, so it makes sense that we could see him.

Christian secularism (i think, it might be something else) at least makes more sense when it refers to god as a concept/experience rather than his supposed usual bearded self floating in the sky.

And even if allah can't be seen physically, he must have some measurable presence either way.

AND, if he isn't manifested physically, i would think it impossible for him to harm me physically too.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Qatada -
Time is a creation of God, He is outside His own Creation. Therefore even if one was to supposedly go back in time - they still wouldn't see God unless God so willed that He be seen.
That's the one thing that would kill atheism STONE DEAD.

If that happened, i wouldn't be atheist anymore, but i still wouldn't follow a god that doesn't care when his own followers starve, etc. but cares about small things like drinking alcohol or pork etc. (if those are sins)

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:54 PM
tiene razon, and then God, creator of the entire universe from the smallest quark to the largest galaxy (oh... and also you) would patiently and nervously list out for you his justifications for making a little tiny rock three back from a tiny star in an insignificant galaxy, in dreadful fear you wouldn't like Him. si?

proving once again that atheists don't believe in God, because they don't even know who He is.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:56 PM
^^^ like i said... he gives some of us good things and some of us bad things, and make us poor, make us rich, but in the end, it will be a mix of which ones go to heavan...

- Qatada -
According to christianity and possibly islam (though i think allah is portrayed more as a metaphysical being than a physical one), god is somehow manifested in a physical form, so it makes sense that we could see him.

We as muslims do not agree with that, we believe Jesus son of Mary (peace be upon him) to be a servant and Messenger of God, calling to God's worship and obedience.

And even if allah can't be seen physically, he must have some measurable presence either way.

He can be seen physically, in a situation which He makes possible. That possibility is in the hereafter as a reward for the believers.

AND, if he isn't manifested physically, i would think it impossible for him to harm me physically too.

God is real, there is none like Him - so He does not resemble His creation, yet He has many attributes. However, since our knowledge is limited, we do not know how He looks like, so we take these attributes without questioning How their 'Howness' is - if that makes sense.

Regards.

Godless Heathen
^^^ yes again true...jayda

he isnt what those idol worshippers call an idol (that they make themselves...wierd they created god to create themm....dumb..?)
he isnt a human....(he created all...incluidng human, not one of humans)
he is nothing we can call except GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD(god.)

so i dont believe air because i have never seen it... i believe we breathe nothing... (not really, this is ___ points of view of god)
So you can't see it perhaps, but it can be quantified. Fill a balloon with air and you can tell from the pressure inside the balloon there is something in it. you could weigh the balloon and see it's gone up in mass ever so slightly etc.

Jayda
01-04-2008, 07:57 PM

Christian secularism (i think, it might be something else) at least makes more sense when it refers to god as a concept/experience rather than his supposed usual bearded self floating in the sky.

si,

God did become a man. that left quite an impression on a bunch of people... but since that happened a long time ago so just like: Napoleon; Caesar; George Bernard Shaw and M C Hammer never existed we can be fairly confident God also never existed.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
That's the one thing that would kill atheism STONE DEAD.

If that happened, i wouldn't be atheist anymore, but i still wouldn't follow a god that doesn't care when his own followers starve, etc. but cares about small things like drinking alcohol or pork etc. (if those are sins)

If you want to discuss the issue of evil - then refer to this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...og-thread.html

A simple explanation to it is that there is a greater good to every evil in this world, although we may not perceive it - God does, since He is the Wise, the Knowing. However, if you want to look into the issue more - maybe you can refer to that link again.

Regards.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 07:59 PM
So you can't see it perhaps, but it can be quantified. Fill a balloon with air and you can tell from the pressure inside the balloon there is something in it. you could weigh the balloon and see it's gone up in mass ever so slightly etc.
how do u know its air tho...

Jayda
01-04-2008, 08:00 PM

si,

why would you fill a balloon with adjectives verbs and nouns? and why would you fill your writing with hot air? you quantify things that are subject to the physical world with empiracle science... you quantify things that are not subject to the physical world using other criteria :)

que Dios te bendiga

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:02 PM
God is real, there is none like Him - so He does not resemble His creation, yet He has many attributes. However, since our knowledge is limited, we do not know how He looks like, so we take these attributes without questioning How their 'Howness' is - if that makes sense.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

I understand that, yeah.

If someone asked me what an elephant looked like and i had never seen an elephant, i'd have to tell them that i don't know what one looks like. That's fair enough.

The thing is, if he isn't measurable on any scale, he can't be proved to exist or not exist either way, which gives people on forums a discussion topic for forever/until armageddon. :D

Jayda
01-04-2008, 08:03 PM
well when you reject the scale it's a bit difficult for us to prove it to you...

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 08:04 PM
sooo...

anyone know why we cant see air? i dont think it exists, honestly...

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:05 PM

I understand that, yeah.

If someone asked me what an elephant looked like and i had never seen an elephant, i'd have to tell them that i don't know what one looks like. That's fair enough.

The thing is, if he isn't measurable on any scale, he can't be proved to exist or not exist either way, which gives people on forums a discussion topic for forever/until armageddon. :D

No, simply knowing Him by what He has given us of His knowledge is sufficient for us. I've mentioned before in a earlier post on another thread that atheists need more faith than believers of a God since they need to accept everything occuring by chance, even if its a chance of 0.00000000000000000000000001% etc.

Whereas believers have a simple explanation to that, that it is all controlled by a Higher being who is perfect and flawless. If one was to argue who created this Higher being, or God - then we would simply say that no-one did, because if God was created, then this created being would not be God, because God is perfect, and therefore not created. :)

Regards.

ricardo_sousa
01-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I didn´t want to answer because you are obviously a teenager and it is normal in your age made such remarks...

air, can not been seen, but can be proven that exist. And you can do that, just speak.

God can not be seen and can not be proven that exist. very different.

ricardo_sousa
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
I am surprised that no Muslim actually wanted to meet Muhammad.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:08 PM
If you want to discuss the issue of evil - then refer to this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...og-thread.html

A simple explanation to it is that there is a greater good to every evil in this world, although we may not perceive it - God does, since He is the Wise, the Knowing. However, if you want to look into the issue more - maybe you can refer to that link again.

Regards.
1.It wasn't evil i was getting at so much as just why an omnipotent being would llet the people that are aspiring to him die in futility while godless atheists that don't even belive in him live.

Either he's not as omnipotent as he would have us belive, or he's malevolent. Or he just doesn't give a rat's *** about it.

2. I know it's air because i could use x-ray diffraction and other quantifying methods to make sure. :D and for arguments sake it is air.

3. There needs to be some scale, physical or otherwise, to quantify god or we'll never prove in totality whether he exists or not. Either that or we have to fall back on him as being merely a personal experience, which discredits quite a bit of the scripture, but it works for religious secularists.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 08:10 PM
I am surprised that no Muslim actually wanted to meet Muhammad.
AHEM...re-read my post

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
sooo...

Sounds like nihilism would suit you perfectly :P

You can see air, if you had a corridor of infinite length, eventually you wouldn't be able to see the end because of all the air in the way. Most gases are pretty low in the periodic table, and have a low atomic mass so they are pretty small molecules. Measuring the amount of light absorbed /refracted is a good way of seeing gases/air.

Jayda
01-04-2008, 08:11 PM
i would meet Jesus

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
No, simply knowing Him by what He has given us of His knowledge is sufficient for us. I've mentioned before in a earlier post on another thread that atheists need more faith than believers of a God since they need to accept everything occuring by chance, even if its a chance of 0.00000000000000000000000001% etc.

Whereas believers have a simple explanation to that, that it is all controlled by a Higher being who is perfect and flawless. If one was to argue who created this Higher being, or God - then we would simply say that no-one did, because if God was created, then this created being would not be God, because God is perfect, and therefore not created. :)

Regards.
Perhaps, a god could be created entirely perfect by a very low random chance.... :D

Atheistic theism here we come.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Sounds like nihilism would suit you perfectly :P

You can see air, if you had a corridor of infinite length, eventually you wouldn't be able to see the end because of all the air in the way. Most gases are pretty low in the periodic table, and have a low atomic mass so they are pretty small molecules. Measuring the amount of light absorbed /refracted is a good way of seeing gases/air.
^^^ say what?
i hate those boring huge unormal scientificy boooooring words

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:14 PM
1.It wasn't evil i was getting at so much as just why an omnipotent being would llet the people that are aspiring to him die in futility while godless atheists that don't even belive in him live.

Either he's not as omnipotent as he would have us belive, or he's malevolent. Or he just doesn't give a rat's *** about it.

Or maybe the 4th alternative is that He never created this world as a Paradise, rather He gave people a mix of good and bad in this world, and then told the people with good to share their good with others - expecting His reward, and then mankind would live peacefully with each other?

Then those who did good to please Him while believing in His Messengers would be rewarded, while those who disbelieved and did evil would be punished for their evil.

Jayda
01-04-2008, 08:15 PM
^^^ say what?
i hate those boring huge unormal scientificy boooooring words
antidisestablishmentarianism

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
Perhaps, a god could be created entirely perfect by a very low random chance.... :D

Atheistic theism here we come.

Then that wouldn't be a God :)

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:16 PM
It's infinitely harder being an atheist than being theistic. When i fall on hard times there's no one i can pray to for guidance or help. I'm on my own :cry: lol.
On the other hand though, it means i can get off my butt quicker and sort it out rather than waiting for divine intervention.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:17 PM
It's infinitely harder being an atheist than being theistic. When i fall on hard times there's no one i can pray to for guidance or help. I'm on my own :cry: lol.
On the other hand though, it means i can get off my butt quicker and sort it out rather than waiting for divine intervention.

We do both - we ask for what we need, and then we do what we have the ability to do. :)

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:21 PM
Or maybe the 4th alternative is that He never created this world as a Paradise, rather He gave people a mix of good and bad in this world, and then told the people with good to share their good with others - expecting His reward, and then mankind would live peacefully with each other?

We should concentrate more on trying to get that working down here too :-\

Then those who did good to please Him while believing in His Messengers would be rewarded, while those who disbelieved and did evil would be punished for their evil.
Shouldn't they have it as a more subtle test? Where there's no knowledge of reward? so people do it out of the KINDNESS in their hearts? :D That would sort out the really good people from the people that don't want to die horribly in the pits of hell. It would be way more efficient.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Shouldn't they have it as a more subtle test? Where there's no knowledge of reward? so people do it out of the KINDNESS in their hearts? :D

That would sort out the really good people from the people that don't want to die horribly in the pits of hell. It would be way more efficient.

Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. :) At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? :) I don't think alot of people want to give charity, most just want to fulfill their own desires instead of sharing.

Hey, we only got one life - so why not live it to the fullest?

Ever heard of that statement before? :) Believers believe they are responsible for all their actions and what God has given them - so we as believers should be aware of helping those in need.

Regards.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Then that wouldn't be a God :)
What's the criteria for being a god?

Besides, from what you said, God can have no creator, and he can't randomly appear by chance either, the two methods that make the most sense, so what's the story behind that?

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:26 PM
What's the criteria for being a god?

Besides, from what you said, God can have no creator, and he can't randomly appear by chance either, the two methods that make the most sense, so what's the story behind that?

A God is a being who is perfect - if God is finite - that is also not perfection. God is infinite - that is our belief about Him, and that's why we take Him as a deity and God. :)

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. :) At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? :) I don't think alot of people want to give charity, most just want to fulfill their own desires instead of sharing.

Hey, we only got one life - so why not live it to the fullest?

Ever heard of that statement before? :) Believers believe they are responsible for all their actions and what God has given them - so we as believers should be aware of helping those in need.

Regards.
The red is the atheist outlook. What else do we have to work towards?

as for the "This is an atheist world" I must very heartily disagree.

I'm pulling...THE FACT CARD! (dun dun dunnnnn)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...y_Religion.png

Atheists are a mere 2.35% of the world population!

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:33 PM
A God is a being who is perfect - if God is finite - that is also not perfection. God is infinite - that is our belief about Him, and that's why we take Him as a deity and God. :)
It sets it up very conveniently that he can only exist by telling us that he exists.

If i was god i would be doing this a lot differently.

First of all, i'd carve "GOD EXISTS" on the moon with my powers or something.

and second, kill all the atheists. or not create them in the first place.

and third, Unite everyone under ONE religion instead of telling loads of different prophets different things. Kinda counter productive.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:34 PM

Atheism is on the increase. :) Plus, i don't really care what is dominant - since the people giving in charity is a practise which should be observed, no matter who it's from. Since religion promotes it - then that's nothing but good. So hey, that's sufficient as an argument for me. :)

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:37 PM
It sets it up very conveniently that he can only exist by telling us that he exists.

If i was god i would be doing this a lot differently.

First of all, i'd carve "GOD EXISTS" on the moon with my powers or something.

He doesn't have to, His creation and Him sustaining it for billions of years is sufficient for us to believe that He exists.

and second, kill all the atheists. or not create them in the first place.
No, mankind has the choice - they take their own steps, if they want to be guided - they ask Him sincerely and He guides them. If they don't want to be guided, then that's their own loss.

and third, Unite everyone under ONE religion instead of telling loads of different prophets different things. Kinda counter productive.

Try doing the elimination method - which religion is the most followed by humans? If someone says christianity - ok, why do they follow it? Does it make sense? No? Ok, go onto the 2nd biggest. Islam. Does it make sense? It has alot of answers, so go look into its details. Ask for answers.

Like you do the search and elimination process for many different things, do it for religion. Ask for the guidance, ask Him to guide you if He exists. And then walk forward in that direction.

tomtomsmom
01-04-2008, 08:38 PM
So ummmm yeah, back on topic. If there were a time machine, I wouldn't use it. Everything happens for a reason. All of the choices I have made in my life, though many have been very unwise, have shaped who I am today. If I were to go back and change something I did when I was 15 could possibly take away my son. That isn't a sacrifice I am willing to make to "fix" something I screwed up.

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Atheism is not a way of life and it's not dominant. the dominant force in the developed world these days is materialism (consumerism), which has little to do with atheism but rather with economic development. Therfore - disagreed!:)
A lot of people give charity, regardless of their (ir)religion. I suppose the people in the west give more charity than the rest of the world combined.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:46 PM
Atheism is on the increase. :) Plus, i don't really care what is dominant - since the people giving in charity is a practise which should be observed, no matter who it's from. Since religion promotes it - then that's nothing but good. So hey, that's sufficient as an argument for me. :)
That's what secular humanism is for. Atheist charities aren't too easy to spot because they don't exactly label themselves "Atheist Charities".

You say atheism is on the increase like it's a bad thing :D It's not the atheists killing religious people (at least not most of the time. Hitler was a catholic and stalin *was* atheist as far as i know but he was just a nutcase.) It's most often religious people killing atheists or other religious people.

Don't get me wrong. Freedom of religion is paramount to successful society...as is political and social freedoms. That means not lynching people because they are a different religion or not religious at all, and not raping and killing women for not wearing the Burkha (sp?) which i've heard happens (apparently) but i'm not sure whether to belive it. It shouldn't be a case of HAVING to cover up women so they don't get raped, it should be that women don't get raped at all.

No masturbation and no sex before marriage is enough to make anyone cranky though :hmm: heh.

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
That means not lynching people because they are a different religion or not religious at all, and not raping and killing women for not wearing the Burkha (sp?) which i've heard happens (apparently) but i'm not sure whether to belive it.

Whether you heard that or not, it's not a part of Islam.

It shouldn't be a case of HAVING to cover up women so they don't get raped, it should be that women don't get raped at all.
Agreed.

No masturbation and no sex before marriage is enough to make anyone cranky though :hmm: heh.

Yeah, and that's something we've discussed lately in past threads. Most of the time its harmful.

Anyway, let's allow the thread to carry on without disturbing it for others. Sorry for the sister who created it.

truemuslim
01-04-2008, 08:53 PM

wow...thats a whole lot....

anyway, wow alot has happened while i was gone... dumb questions were asked, smart answers were replied...:w:

جوري
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
'One life live it to the fullest', the atheist mantra makes me marvel at how much time they spend on forums philosophizing mindless drivel.

An attribute of God is time.. it would take nothing short of a miracle to break the very fabric of causality.

cheers

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:54 PM
sustaining it for billions of years is sufficient for us to believe that He exists.

If he did. Then yeah, ok. That's good enough.

No, mankind has the choice - they take their own steps, if they want to be guided - they ask Him sincerely and He guides them. If they don't want to be guided, then that's their own loss.

There are bound to people that aren't going to follow him. He's creating people to die. If everyone followed him 100% anyway free will would be superfluous.

Try doing the elimination method - which religion is the most followed by humans? If someone says christianity - ok, why do they follow it? Does it make sense? No? Ok, go onto the 2nd biggest. Islam. Does it make sense? It has alot of answers, so go look into its details. Ask for answers.

Like you do the search and elimination process for many different things, do it for religion. Ask for the guidance, ask Him to guide you if He exists. And then walk forward in that direction.

The other thing is, i don't just want answers. What's the capital of france -Lawnmower. It's an answer but it isn't the right one.

You can understand why i would want proof though, right? If there is no god and this really is it, i don't want to waste it by being in restrictive organizations for very little point.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
'One life live it to the fullest', the atheist mantra makes me marvel at how much time they spend on forums philosophizing mindless drivel.

An attribute of God is time.. it would take nothing short of a miracle to break the very fabric of causality.

cheers
Very True! but just as you may attempt to save me from eternal ****ation, i could similarly be trying to save you from devoting your life to something that's isn't true. or, we could disagree forever and spend our lives on forums.

جوري
No one is asking you to follow a 'restrictive organization' we got to believe you are a member here on your own accord no?

I marvel at how much time atheists waste telling people how they are wasting their life, seems a little self-defeating...

cheers

truemuslim
ok how do u athiests think we all just APEARED here...???

who made the first man on earth? himself? the air?

- Qatada -
01-04-2008, 08:58 PM

There are bound to people that aren't going to follow him. He's creating people to die. If everyone followed him 100% anyway free will would be superfluous.

Since people will return to Him and be informed, and questioned on all that we did. Obviously, we're responsible for what we've been given. Did you think otherwise?

The other thing is, i don't just want answers. What's the capital of france -Lawnmower. It's an answer but it isn't the right one.

You can understand why i would want proof though, right? If there is no god and this really is it, i don't want to waste it by being in restrictive organizations for very little point.

Well that's what you need to accept, you either believe in a theory which doesn't really hold much weight. Something which you believe - although you never saw it [i.e. that the big bang has occured billions of times etc.] or you simply search for answers, ask God and if you are sincere - God will guide you, its as simple as that.

جوري
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Very True! but just as you may attempt to save me from eternal ****ation, i could similarly be trying to save you from devoting your life to something that's isn't true. or, we could disagree forever and spend our lives on forums.
Ah --but in truth you don't know how I live my life, or of my devotions. And I have no interest in saving you from eternal ****ation!
Islam happens to be the very fabric in which all my other activites are weaved. Whether I am playing, working, promenading, or in active worship.. I say I live much better than an atheist, I just don't know of your mortal fear!
And even a tree makes sense to me, whereas I'll have to believe most atheists have a difficult time reconciling the difference between their existence to that of a proglottid!

Mortality only makes me want to do as much as I can to balance both worlds, but it won't end in a fizz, and even if it does, then not much is lost to me, I'll have kept what I have earned!

cheers

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 09:07 PM
ok how do u athiests think we all just APEARED here...???

who made the first man on earth? himself? the air?
I'm gonna stop now, before i post something i regret.

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Let's get back on topic to the time machine thing.

czgibson
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Greetings,

The original article that this thread sprang from is full of hypotheticals. Trust me, a time machine is a long way off.

It would be a fascinating thing to use if we had one, though. Dangerous, yes, but potentially very enlightening.

Peace

جوري
01-04-2008, 09:15 PM
I'm gonna stop now, before i post something i regret.
The faster you post it, the faster you can be out of here, the faster you can enjoy your atheist existence to its full potential...

cheers

Godless Heathen
01-04-2008, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
The faster you post it, the faster you can be out of here, the faster you can enjoy your atheist existence to its full potential...

cheers
No need to be nasty about it.

جوري
01-04-2008, 09:22 PM
No need to be nasty about it.
To the contrary, I only had your best interest at heart =D

cheers!

Woodrow
01-04-2008, 09:24 PM
hola

think about it...

que Dios te bendiga
That is the strongest evidence that a time machine will never be built. Perhaps some people that think one can be built, will think of what you just said.

Isambard
01-05-2008, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
That is the strongest evidence that a time machine will never be built. Perhaps some people that think one can be built, will think of what you just said.
I find it bothersome you dont know about the unsung heros who saved mankind in 1998 when a T-1000 was sent back in time to prevent the murder of future human resistance leaders.

They made a documentary about it and the evidence is all around you. Where do you think the knowledge for the I-pod and I-phone came from?

Muezzin
01-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Can they go back in time and ensure we all get better grades and loadsa cash?

If not, save the dang cheerleader for goodness sakes!

Any other use of time travel is a waste of time and will lead to the rise of Skynet.

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 07:14 AM
I hope that God would destroy the time machine before it would ever come even close to completion. Imagine how things could drastically change with just one tiny thing difference in history? Things could be great, or things could be disastrous! It's something we should all just leave alone.

But if we're speaking hypothetically about what we would do in changing on certain situations with no cosmic effect on the whole world and future... forget it, it's a very slippery slope I rather not go down.

Malaikah
01-06-2008, 11:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
Imagine how things could drastically change with just one tiny thing difference in history? Things could be great, or things could be disastrous! It's something we should all just leave alone.
That impossible though, isn't it? If you go back in time to change something, for example, in the year 2000 you went back in time and killed yourself in the year 1995, well if you died in 1995 how could you have lived those five years between '95 and 2000?? Because you should have been killed the first time around in the first place... which means you never lived long enough to get to the time machine. :blind:

Isambard
01-06-2008, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
That impossible though, isn't it? If you go back in time to change something, for example, in the year 2000 you went back in time and killed yourself in the year 1995, well if you died in 1995 how could you have lived those five years between '95 and 2000?? Because you should have been killed the first time around in the first place... which means you never lived long enough to get to the time machine. :blind:
Depends if the universe runs on the pogo paradox or the grandfather paradox.

Or I mentioned earlier, "destroy all that ha ever existed". <--that would solve the paradox ;)

Woodrow
01-06-2008, 05:42 PM
time travel is the stuff fantasy is made of. Stop and think

1. It is safe to assume the same matter that exists today also existed in the past all the way back to the moment of creation.

2. It is safe to assume matter can not be in more than one place at a given time.

3. we are made of matter. The matter we are made of existed ever since matter existed.

4. At any moment at any point in the past the matter we are composed of was already in use by either a creature or an inanimate object.

5. How can even the carbon atoms alone be in our body, if they are already scattered all over the Earth as CO2 or even as a diamond buried deep in the ground?

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah
I'm just saying, you never know how it's going to change things. For all we know, someone could go back in time, affect either a culture or nature in a region in some way and in the end it turns out that because this one aspect was eliminated the time machine cannot be built (because one element essential to time travel has been destroyed). So would this person then be stuck in time or would they have never gone back in time because the machine never existed??? I rather not think about it too hard, because it can get really complicated.

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Can they go back in time and ensure we all get better grades and loadsa cash?

If not, save the dang cheerleader for goodness sakes!

Any other use of time travel is a waste of time and will lead to the rise of Skynet.

i dont mind the cash..i actually prefer to live unrich... like not that rich or poor...like rasulallah, its so nice... but the grades...hmm...well i only got one b and the rest a's so i dunt mind bout that.. btw lol...

oh i got the mods on my thread....lol... :w:

P.S. u reminded me that winter break is over and i had about 2 essays to write in l.a 2-3 pages long EACH...(my teacher is crazy)...and a project to do in history... and some things to do in math and science.... THANK U FOR REMINDING ME>.... they are pretty strict on accepting them... but its happened before...and as usual i know how to make excuses "my computor wasnt working, i was busy with other stuff, i didnt get the questions, i had guests from detroit, (this time for real not a lie, so i dont feel guilty lol) and the emergency one....get ready... 1.....2...3... *I sent it a week ago, i thought you had it. can i resend it?* <<< that answer is always, oh ok go ahead...but thats only for emergencies...lol... works every time... :w:

and back to topic

Woodrow
01-08-2008, 01:00 AM
If somebody a million years in the future invents a time machine, he would be here today getting rich selling them through Wal-Marts.

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 01:04 AM
^^^ nah wal-mart is "low prices everyday" go to some rich store..lol...online...lol jk... yes thats true tho...

ranma1/2
01-08-2008, 05:15 PM
nah if one every showed up we would point out how it screwed up.
most likely we still wouldnt worship it even then.

Woodrow
01-08-2008, 05:23 PM
The way my life goes, if a time machine went back and I chose to go back, I would probably end up in the middle of a cement block that was there at that time.

ranma1/2
01-08-2008, 05:25 PM
Surprisingly, there's alot of evil in the world. :) At a time when atheism is the dominant way of life. agreed? :) ....
Regards.
huh? to my7 knowledge atheism is hardly a dominat way of life. its a minority.
Or do you mean those who dont believe in the islamic way of life or its god?

truemuslim
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
OK. now lets just get back on topic..k? k

MaiCarInMtl
01-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The way my life goes, if a time machine went back and I chose to go back, I would probably end up in the middle of a cement block that was there at that time.
Hehehe... ouch!

I'd like to find where a block of cement once was, fill the time machine with a few choice people and just send it off. But I don't think God would be too happy if I pulled a stunt like that.

MaiCarInMtl
10-20-2008, 04:04 PM
If somebody a million years in the future invents a time machine, he would be here today getting rich selling them through Wal-Marts.
I don't think I'd really trust a time machine being sold at Wal-Mart. I mean, would you trust a time machine being sold at discount prices? A dollar-store time machine?

Woodrow
10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Sadly the guy who invented the time machine in the future used it to go back in time and got killed in the past and never got to build the time machine he built in the future.

Güven
10-20-2008, 04:29 PM
What about the Butterfly effect ??

But this is nonsense :blind:

:w:

brotherinfaith
10-20-2008, 04:36 PM
you are the proof that god exists and no one can convince you that there is a god if you don't want to believe that there is one

Muezzin
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Time machines make great science fiction and fantasy.

I'd really like to see some hard scientific facts (not theories) about effects preceding causes, though.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.