/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Action: Ask AT&T to Drop Ads from ‘Savage Nation’ Radio show

islamirama
01-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Action: Ask AT&T to Drop Ads from ‘Savage Nation’ Radio show

IMMEDIATE ACTIONS REQUESTED: (As always, be POLITE. Hostile comments can and will be used by Savage to further defame Islam and Muslims.)

1. CONTACT AT&T, today's featured "Savage Nation" advertiser. (Other advertisers will be featured in the future.)

As part of the ongoing campaign to ask companies that advertise on "The Savage Nation" to stop buying air time on that program, today's featured company is AT&T. Please contact company officials to express your concerns about their support of such a hate-filled program.

Randall L. Stephenson
Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer, AT&T
175 E. Houston
San Antonio , TX 78205
Tel: (210) 821-4105
Fax: (210) 351-2071

E-Mail: randall.stephenson@ att.com, forrest.miller@ att.com, karen.jennings@ att.com, richard.dietz@ att.com, walt.sharp@att. com, wes.warnock@ att.com, mjthornburg@ YELLOWPAGES. COM, drucilla.cessac@ att.com, elva.gonzalez@ att.com
COPY TO: info@cair.com

2. Because "The Savage Nation" is a syndicated program, many of the advertisers vary from station to station. FIND OUT which station carries Michael Savage's program in your area, LISTEN to the program and write down the contact information for both local and national advertisers.

CONTACT those advertisers to POLITELY inform them that you and your friends and family will not purchase their products or services as long as they continue to subsidize a hate-filled program.

For a listing of radio stations that air Michael Savage's program, click here.
3. CONTACT Talk Radio Network, Michael Savage's syndicator, to express your concerns about his hate-filled attacks on Muslims, Islam and the Quran.

Mr. Mark Masters
Chief Executive Officer
Talk Radio Network
P.O. Box 3755
Central Point OR 97502
Phone: 541-664-8827 or 541-474-2297
Fax: 541-664-6250 or 866-876-5075
E-Mail: mmasters@talkradion etwork.com, eterry@talkradionet work.com, gregdoyle@talkradio network.com, info@talkradionetwo rk.com, affiliates@talkradi onetwork. com, rubend@talkradionet work.com

4. SEND COPIES of all correspondence to CAIR at: E-Mail info@cair.com or fax to 202-488-0833.

5. ORGANIZE local coalitions with friends of the Muslim community to challenge Savage's hate rhetoric.

http://www.cair. com/ArticleDetai ls.aspx?mid1= 763&&ArticleID=23773&&name=n&&currPage=1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
01-04-2008, 09:08 PM
savage is a pig...

snakelegs
01-04-2008, 09:48 PM
what kind of program is it?

Pk_#2
01-04-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
savage is a pig...
Don't be cruel to pigs sister! I can totally understand your anger though,

Savage is a **** ***** **** ***** ***** **** *** ****.

Peace jayda, glo, thread starter n all.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
01-04-2008, 09:55 PM
:sl:
I heard he suggested some kind of Holocaust against Muslims once. It was like ''everybody says 'oh, but there's a billion of them (Muslims)'. Well, kill 100 million of them and there will be 900 million then."
:w:

Whatsthepoint
01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
CONTACT those advertisers to POLITELY inform them that you and your friends and family will not purchase their products or services as long as they continue to subsidize a hate-filled program.
I imagine that the population of islamophobes is greater than that of muslims, so this may not be the best argument..

Muezzin
01-05-2008, 04:14 PM
...So I guess this guy isn't anything like the UK's Lilly Savage?

I heard he suggested some kind of Holocaust against Muslims once. It was like ''everybody says 'oh, but there's a billion of them (Muslims)'. Well, kill 100 million of them and there will be 900 million then."
If that is true, then this Savage would be inciting murder, which is against the law. Hasn't anyone ever called the cops? Or am I misunderstanding what kind of show this is?

Belief_is_Power
01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
what kind of program is it?
just a neo conservative program that caters to the right wing of America. nothing special, there are a dime a dozen out their.

snakelegs
01-05-2008, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Belief_is_Power
just a neo conservative program that caters to the right wing of America. nothing special, there are a dime a dozen out their.
thanks!

islamirama
01-07-2008, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
I imagine that the population of islamophobes is greater than that of muslims, so this may not be the best argument..

You imagine wrong. Most islamophobes are in europe and US only. most of asia is anti-US not anti-islam and same goes for latin america.

Whatsthepoint
01-07-2008, 10:29 PM
You imagine wrong. Most islamophobes are in europe and US only. most of asia is anti-US not anti-islam and same goes for latin america.
I thought this show was mostly broadcast in the US.

islamirama
01-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought this show was mostly broadcast in the US.
You did not specify if you were referring to the population of islamophobes vs muslims in US or world. Muslim population is about 7million in US, islamophobes - no studies have been done. So in either case your statement is based on assumption and nothing more.

Whatsthepoint
01-08-2008, 04:42 PM
I thought we were talking about the US.
I'm just saying that a lot of people will be disatisfied if the company drops ads from the show. It may be an unvise decision.
Muslim should learn to ignore certain things sometimes, especially when it comes to freedom of speech and all that. It would improve your public image, at least in Europe.

MartyrX
01-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Theirs a difference between freedom of speech and calling for the mass murder of a people. This man is dangerous and only spews hate speech.

islamirama
01-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I thought we were talking about the US.
I'm just saying that a lot of people will be disatisfied if the company drops ads from the show. It may be an unvise decision.
Muslim should learn to ignore certain things sometimes, especially when it comes to freedom of speech and all that. It would improve your public image, at least in Europe.
I thought you shifted to world from US, hard to predict much on this forum.

I'm sure lot of ppl will be dissatisfied but then again a lot of people are already very disgusted by this pig's islamophobe hatred and inciting of murder under guise of free speech (Muslims can't even say death to Israel without fear of being taken away as "terrorist suspect" and this moron is calling for muslim holocaust in the US).

Muslims are a growing force in the US and companies and politicians will soon have to watch their mouths and actions like they do with jews if they want to get anywhere in their careers.

As for companies dropping the ads, some have done it and others are being requested to do the same.

ACTION ALERT #529: Ask JCPenney to Follow OfficeMax's Example

OFFICEMAX DROPS MICHAEL SAVAGE ADS OVER ANTI-ISLAM BIAS
(WASHINGTON, D.C., 11/15/2007) - The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) today announced that OfficeMax, a leading office products retailer, has joined a growing list of companies that have stopped advertising on Michael Savage's nationally-syndicat ed radio program because of the host's anti-Muslim views.

CAIR recently reported that Savage, whose "The Savage Nation" airs on more than 300 radio stations nationwide, screamed attacks on Muslims, Islam and the Quran, Islam's revealed text, during his October 29, 2007, program.
To listen to Savage's bigoted statements, click here.

SEE: National Radio Host Goes on Anti-Muslim Tirade

The Washington-based Islamic civil rights and advocacy group called on radio listeners of all faiths to contact companies that advertise on Savage's program to express their concerns about the host's anti-Muslim bigotry.

Companies that have dropped ads from Savage's program include Citrix Systems Inc., a global leader in application delivery infrastructure.

"It is encouraging that companies nationwide are choosing not to associate with Mr. Savage's hatred and bigotry," said CAIR Communications Coordinator Amina Rubin. "Freedom of speech includes the right not to subsidize hate."

Rubin thanked OfficeMax for its prompt response to Muslim concerns. She said CAIR is asking other Savage advertisers to follow that company's example.
CAIR, America 's largest Muslim civil liberties group, has 33 offices and chapters nationwide and in Canada . Its mission is to enhance the understanding of Islam, encourage dialogue, protect civil liberties, empower American Muslims, and build coalitions that promote justice and mutual understanding.

- END -
CONTACT: CAIR National Communications Director Ibrahim Hooper, 202-488-8787 or 202-744-7726, E-Mail: ihooper@cair. com ; CAIR Communications Coordinator Rabiah Ahmed, 202-488-8787 or 202-439-1441, E-Mail: rahmed@cair. com; CAIR Communications Coordinator Amina Rubin, 202-488-8787 or 202-341-4171, E-Mail: arubin@cair. com
SEE ALSO:
CAIR ACTION ALERT #529
ASK JCPENNEY TO FOLLOW OFFICEMAX'S EXAMPLE
IMMEDIATE ACTIONS REQUESTED: (As always, be POLITE. Hostile comments can and will be used by Savage to further defame Islam and Muslims.)

1. CONTACT JCPenney, today's featured "Savage Nation" advertiser. (Other advertisers will be featured in the future.)
As part of the ongoing campaign to ask companies that advertise on "The Savage Nation" to stop buying air time on that program, today's featured company is JCPenney. Please contact company officials to express your concerns about their support of such a hate-filled program.

Mr. Myron E. Ullman
Chairman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer J.C. Penney Company, Inc.
6501 Legacy Drive
Plano , TX 75024
Tel: 972-431-1000
Fax: 972-431-9140
E-Mail:
jcpcorpcomm@ jcpenney. com, jrae1@jcpenney. com, rvjohnso@jcpenney. com, psanc3@jcpenney. com, tmlyons@jcpenney. com, qcrensha@jcpenney. com, kparkhou@jcpenney. com, ovela@jcpenney. com, dbrossar@jcpenney. com
COPY TO: info@cair.com

2. Because "The Savage Nation" is a syndicated program, many of the advertisers vary from station to station. FIND OUT which station carries Michael Savage's program in your area, LISTEN to the program and write down the contact information for both local and national advertisers.

For a listing of radio stations that air Michael Savage's program, click here.
3. CONTACT Talk Radio Network, Michael Savage's syndicator, to express your concerns about his hate-filled attacks on Muslims, Islam and the Quran.

Mr. Mark Masters
Chief Executive Officer
Talk Radio Network
P.O. Box 3755
Central Point OR 97502
Phone: 541-664-8827 or 541-474-2297
Fax: 541-664-6250 or 866-876-5075
E-Mail: mmasters@talkradion etwork.com, eterry@talkradionet work.com, gregdoyle@talkradio network.com, info@talkradionetwo rk.com, affiliates@talkradi onetwork. com , rubend@talkradionet work.com

4. SEND COPIES of all correspondence to CAIR at: E-Mail info@cair.com or fax to 202-488-0833.

5. ORGANIZE local coalitions with friends of the Muslim community to challenge Savage's hate rhetoric.
Unsubscribe from receiving email, or change your email preferences.

Whatsthepoint
01-08-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm sure lot of ppl will be dissatisfied but then again a lot of people are already very disgusted by this pig's islamophobe hatred and inciting of murder under guise of free speech (Muslims can't even say death to Israel without fear of being taken away as "terrorist suspect" and this moron is calling for muslim holocaust in the US).
Muslims are a growing force in the US and companies and politicians will soon have to watch their mouths and actions like they do with jews if they want to get anywhere in their careers.
Well, the show has more than 10 million listeners, which is more that the popualtion of muslims, not to say more than the population of muslims, who would actually stop buying his advertisers' merchandise. But then again, I'm sure there are also non-muslims who are opposed to his show, I know I'd be one of them. I don't like spreading irrational hate towards any particular group, let it be Muslims, Jews or Mexicans.
I agree he should be prosecuted for his statement about the holucaust.

Keltoi
01-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Prosecuted for his statement about the Holocaust? What statement exactly?

The reason CAIR is going after Michael Savage is because he is going after them. Savage believes that CAIR is a sponsor of international terrorism. Savage has stated that on his broadcast numerous times. CAIR then responded by trying to get advertisers to stop sponsoring his broadcast by stating that Savage hates Muslims. However, in the process CAIR used copyrighted material from Savage's broadcast without consent, and Savage sued them for it and will probably win.

What you have is a radio show vs. an organization.

Fishman
01-08-2008, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Prosecuted for his statement about the Holocaust? What statement exactly?
The one where he said it would be a good idea to kill 100 million Muslims because it's 'either them or us':
SAVAGE: There are too many RDDBs [red-diaper doper babies, Savage's term for people supposedly raised by Marxist parents] in high places and in the media and in the courts for us to stand up to this fanatical enemy. And so unless the RDDB is reined in somehow or taken out of power, we're going to die as a nation. I swear to God that's what people are saying to me. And these are intelligent people, wealthy people. They are very depressed by the weakness that America is showing to these psychotics in the Muslim world. They say, "Oh, there's a billion of them." I said, "So, kill 100 million of them, then there'll be 900 million of them." I mean, would you rather die -- would you rather us die than them? I mean, what is it going to take for you people to wake up? Would you rather we disappear or we die? Or would you rather they disappear and they die? Because you're going to have to make that choice sooner rather than later.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/20/20211/0042

Jayda
01-08-2008, 07:40 PM
what a monster...

جوري
01-08-2008, 07:46 PM
isn't that why they invented anti defamation league, or does that only apply to Jews?.. oh wait here is their moto
to stop the defamation of the Jewish people, to secure justice and fair treatment to all citizens alike
Makes sense as usual.. :lol:

Jayda
01-08-2008, 07:54 PM
the adl is a civil rights group...

Keltoi
01-08-2008, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
The one where he said it would be a good idea to kill 100 million Muslims because it's 'either them or us':

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/4/20/20211/0042
I see, I thought you were referring to "the" Holocaust. This kind of statement is typical Michael Savage, he is always trying to push the bar as far as he can. Personally I think it is a calculated business strategy, and by attempting to silence him, CAIR has walked right into the trap he set for them.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.