/* */

PDA

View Full Version : hello

Hypertension
01-04-2008, 10:52 PM
hello all , not your usual on a Islamic forum i am sure , but let me tell you why im here ....

i am a music producer who produces hardcore and hard dance , i have recently made a song that features muslim singing or so i believe , as i downloaded it from a site and u know how most people can be ignorent when it comes to labeling things

anyway , you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.myspace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/0104hypertension , it is at the moment called forgottin memories , this woz the name before i added the "muslim" vocals , so now i wish to change the name

what id like to know is whether that singin means anything? i have edited it alot coz to me it didnt mean anything if you know what i mean , but id like to know more if there is to know more about it , maybe traditional prayer song i dont know plz forgive me if i sound stupid i know nothing about Islam

also id like to call the song "Jannah" , which apparently means - Jannah - Heaven, paradise ?? is this true , also if anyone has other suggestions feel free to add

thankyou for reading and for any help

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hypertension
01-04-2008, 10:53 PM
sorry about the link there i copy n pasted my post from another islamic forum that didnt allow my link

here it is

http://www.myspace.com/0104hypertension

'Abd al-Baari
01-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Welcome to the forums

Just a ward of warning - that link will probably be deleted as it contains music on your page

Hope you enjoy your stay here

Also Music is Haraam in Islam (forbidden), so it would be wrong to add words of the Adhaan to music like you have done,

I'll try and post more info on Music soon

Hypertension
01-04-2008, 10:59 PM
thanks mate , why do they delete links to music?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Fishman
01-04-2008, 11:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hypertension
thanks mate , why do they delete links to music?
:sl:
Islam forbids secular music and musical instruments. This is not to say that Muslims have no such thing as song (a normal human expression) in their faith, there are many 'Islamic songs' in existence, known as Nasheeds (Arabic) or Naats (Urdu). Many Islamic gatherings are as vocal as traditional Christian churches, with Naats/Nasheeds replacing Hymns. But as far as secular and instrumental music go, then this is not acceptable to Islamic sensibilities.
:w:

Hypertension
01-04-2008, 11:10 PM
oh right interesting stuff , so is it offensive what i have done with the vocals in my song?

can anyone give me an example ov islamic music it interests me , even more now

'Abd al-Baari
01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Hi,

oh right interesting stuff , so is it offensive what i have done with the vocals in my song?
Simply put yes many people would find it offensive

Heres an example of a Nasheed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplGPY8crSg

Fishman
01-04-2008, 11:23 PM

can anyone give me an example ov islamic music it interests me , even more now
What you did was an honest mistake, so no offense taken. But it isn't really such a good idea though, as it is sort of offensive.

Islamic naats/nasheeds can be found in many places, nasheeds are most famous as the English ones are called nasheeds, mainly because Arabic is the main Islamic language in the USA, not Urdu like Britian. Yusuf Islam, formerly called Cat Stevens, does them, although he has somewhat controversially moved back to popular music again, and does use instruments sometimes.

There are also a lot of more traditional Urdu naats. These ones are the ones that are often read (read is the proper word for naats, as they are poetry with rhythm like a song) in the Mosques I go to. Some of them are from the twelth century!

ummzayd
01-04-2008, 11:30 PM
hello all , not your usual on a Islamic forum i am sure , but let me tell you why im here ....

i am a music producer who produces hardcore and hard dance , i have recently made a song that features muslim singing or so i believe , as i downloaded it from a site and u know how most people can be ignorent when it comes to labeling things

anyway , you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.myspace(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/0104hypertension , it is at the moment called forgottin memories , this woz the name before i added the "muslim" vocals , so now i wish to change the name

what id like to know is whether that singin means anything? i have edited it alot coz to me it didnt mean anything if you know what i mean , but id like to know more if there is to know more about it , maybe traditional prayer song i dont know plz forgive me if i sound stupid i know nothing about Islam

also id like to call the song "Jannah" , which apparently means - Jannah - Heaven, paradise ?? is this true , also if anyone has other suggestions feel free to add

thankyou for reading and for any help
blimey, hardcore is right! made my heartbeat go crazy there (and not in a good way). it sounds like part of the call to prayer, the 'adhaan'. you may know that muslims pray 5 times a day, so the adhaan is heard in every masjid 5 times a day to summon the faithful to prayer. it is in arabic and very meaningful. search on youtube or google for 'adhaan' (or adhan) or 'muslim call to prayer' if you want to know more.

you mention on your page how music has such a profound effect on human emotions and actions. that, I believe, partly explains the extreme caution towards music in Islam. We believe we humans are here on this earth to worship God, and music is a pretty big distraction from that purpose.

peace

ummzayd
01-04-2008, 11:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
:sl:There are also a lot of more traditional Urdu naats. These ones are the ones that are often read (read is the proper word for naats, as they are poetry with rhythm like a song) in the Mosques I go to. Some of them are from the twelth century!

isnt tala al badru from 7th century?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632T6uOEq4E

Fishman
01-04-2008, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ummzayd

isnt tala al badru from 7th century?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632T6uOEq4E

Possibly, I'm not sure. I was think of Mawlya (can't spell the name, it consists of words I have only heard and never read). I think it is the best naat.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!