/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One night of Terror

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-24-2005, 04:36 PM
:sl: wr wb my muslim :brother: z and :sister: z

I wrote this story a while ago, I hope you guys like it :coolsis: !!!

[
Ok here goes....
The grey walls were not appealing to me. I stared around the small room in the back of the police station in a state of confusion. I was not completely sure whether or not I was awake. It all seemed a little too surreal. The last few hours were a blur to me. All I could remember was being woken by a loud thud and the next minute, five police men were standing around my bed pointing guns at me. I tried to use my duvet to cover my ‘awra’, but it was not a worthy substitute for my jilbab. After that I remember hardly anything at all, except being dragged out of my bed with hot tears streaming down my face, wondering what I could’ve done to deserve this.
While I tried to recall the events that had taken place after that, a policewoman walked into the room. She was tall and slender and had an ageless face. She could’ve been twenty-five or forty. She whispered something to the policeman who was guarding the door. As if I actually had the energy to escape from this hellhole. She gazed at me with her hawk like eyes. Finally after what seemed like forever, she walked towards me and placed herself trimly opposite me. She silently ruffled through some papers as if I wasn’t there. I wanted to scream at her, but I feared that if I spoke that I would lose control of myself and burst into tears. I would not let her see any weakness in me. I took a big breath, struggling not to stutter and finally said “Are you going to keep me here all day or are you going to tell me what crime I’ve actually committed?” The policewoman slowly peered up at me with a rather evil smile on her face. I wondered if she always smiled like that or if she had trapped wind, I was surprised that I could even make a joke at a time like this. The lady sighed and put the papers neatly into a pile.
“Miss Abdul-Rahman, you have been arrested because you have been suspected of committing terrorist acts. We have evidence that you have been associating with several people who are on the governments list of terrorist suspects and have been detained several times for acts of terrorism. You do not have to say anything, but if you do I have to warn you that this conversation is being taped.” She fixed her eyes on me to see whether or not I had understood what she had just told me. Typical, she just assumed that I was uneducated and inferior to her. I stared at her in bewilderment.
“Lady… you must have the wrong woman. Who are these ‘terrorists’ that you are referring to anyway?” I demanded to know. She stared at me contently for a few seconds and said “I am not permitted to tell you that at the current time.” She looked me up and seemed to notice my abaya for the first time. She smiled at me maliciously and then to the other policemen. I had no idea what she was talking about. Talking to terrorists? This seemed too cliché to actually be true. They are actually telling me what I have and haven’t done. The policewoman opened her mouth as if she wanted to ask me something. I didn’t give her the chance.
“I can’t believe you actually have the audacity to say this to me!” My face grew hot with anger.
“Miss Abdul-Rahman I advise you to calm down, remember that we are being taped.” She said in her eerily calm voice. I looked around the room helplessly.
“Is this even legal?” I asked.
“I’m only seventeen; I’m not saying anything else until I have a parent with me.” I folded my arms and stared at the tiled floor. The policewoman walked out of the room. The room grew silent. I clasped my hands on my face and began to cry. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me. I just wanted to see my mother and father; I just wanted to hug them. I remembered hearing my mother scream from the other room as the policemen kicked my parent’s bedroom door down. I didn’t care about the pain in my hands from where the policemen had grabbed me harshly, I just felt so naked when the men burst into the room while I was uncovered. Even now as I sat in the room without my jilbab and with only a hijab and an abaya I felt uncomfortable. How did this happen to me? Just a few days ago I was watching the news and looked at those Muslims who were being arrested in sorrow, but I never dreamt even for a moment that it would happen to me. This is what I get for not doing anything about it. I raised my hands up and beseeched Allah to bring me through this terrible time.
“Ya Allah! Save me from these people who are the enemies of Islam! May I escape from their grasp and contribute to their defeat. I regret that I have not done my duty as a Muslim; I have just acted as a spectator, while they humiliated the Muslimeen and insulted this deen of mine. I cannot thank you enough for opening my heart to the truth of the situation that the Muslims are facing.”
At that final thought my mother and father ran into the room. I quickly said ameen.
“Attah!” My mother screamed.
I sprang up from my seat and embraced my mother. Tears flowed from eyes like two rivulets. My father waited while my mother smothered me in kisses, and hugged me tightly. I felt as if I hadn’t seen them for a month.
“Are you ok my dear Attah?” My mother asked. She quickly examined me from head to toe. She peered suspiciously at my wrists.
“What is this?” She looked at me in shock. I had no satisfying answer to give her.
“Why are your wrists bleeding?” My mother covered her face and sobbed in remorse.
“It’s ok mother… it doesn’t even hurt that much.” I looked to my father shyly. His face was red with anger.
“What have we done to deserve this?” My father said. He stroked his beard like he always did when he was trying to calm himself.
“I’m sure there is a perfectly good explanation for all of this.” I remarked half-heartedly.
My head was buzzing with thoughts. I clasped my hands on my face and tried to remember my life before all this had happened, while my parents discussed what they were going to do about this. I remember coming home from college and changing into my home clothes. I remember lying on my bed and listening to nasheeds. Oh what a fool I had been. I was part of a battle now, between the army of Allah and the allies of the shaytan. Suddenly it came to me. After that I had turned the CD player down and phoned my cousin in Saudi Occupied Arabia. He was involved in a lot of politic activity. Could he be the ‘terrorist’ they were talking about? I was thinking a mile a minute.
“Mum! Dad! It’s Qassim!” I screamed. My parents stared at me totally perplexed.
“What? What is Qassim?” My mother enquired.
“I spoke to Qassim a few times this week. I think that he’s the ‘terrorist’ that they’re referring to.” My mother stared at me wide eyed.
“Ya Ilahi… not another member of our family.” My mother walked around the small room in reverie.
My father looked down at the floor and seemed to be thinking. Poor Qassim, he told me he was facing a few complicated problems in Saudi Occupied Arabia but I didn’t realise the extent of the situation.
“By Allah! I will not stand here and let this happen to my own blood.” I vowed. My mother and father silently agreed with my oath.
“Let’s just get you out of here first.” My father said reassuringly.

As I sat in front of the mirror brushing my hair I tried to convince myself that I had actually been detained for questioning last night. It had not completely sunk in yet. I let out a sigh and placed the hair brush back on the cabinet. I eyed the phone suspiciously. I really wanted to phone Qassim, but I had to think cautiously about anything I did now. Mother probably couldn’t stand another incident like last night again. After a deep breath I grabbed the phone and punched in the numbers. I impatiently listened to the ringing tone. Just as I was about to put the phone down someone picked up.
“Ahlan?” I said.
“Ya hala” said a familiar voice.
“Assalamu-alaykum Qassim, this is Attah.
“Wa alaykum Al-salaam.”
“I have news for you cousin. Something terrible happened last night.” I listened fervently for his reply. When I only heard level breathing I realised he was waiting for my so-called news.
“Ok, let me tell you what happened. Last night the police broke into our house and detained me for ‘terrorist’ acts. I know it sounds ridiculous but it really happened!” I waited again for his reply.
“Actually my dear cousin, this isn’t surprising to me. This happens to a lot of Muslims around the world. Even in Muslim countries as hard as that may be for you to believe. It was only going to be a matter of time before it happened to us. I feel very sad for you Attah, but just remember that you are not alone in your troubles. Just remember Allah is watching over you.”
As he uttered these words I felt myself gasping for breath. This deeply touched me. Tears ran down my cheeks. I listened attentively to my older cousin.
“Attah… have you heard of ‘the parable of the bull’? You may have heard other variations of this parable such as ‘the parable of the sheep’.” My silence hinted that I had no idea what he was talking about.
“Ok. Let me narrate it for you. Once there were three bulls; a black bull, a white bull and a red bull. They all lived on a hill. Together they were relatively safe. Their brute strength guaranteed that they were not under threat from predators. Near this hill there was a wolf. This wolf was quite calculating. He knew that he was no match for the bulls in their united front, so he devised a plan to disunite the bulls. He found the black and the white bull by them selves one time. He said to them both “One day I shall find you by yourself and I shall spare you no mercy. If you let me eat the white bull then I shall give you my oath that I will never threaten you again. The white bull will give me enough food to last a long time so you have nothing to worry about”. So the two bulls naively betrayed the white bull. The wolf found the white bull by himself, knowing that he was safe to eat him. The white bull saw the lion approaching him. Their eyes met. The white bull looked to the left and he looked to the right. He called for help from those who he thought were his brothers, but no one came to his aid.” Qassim paused.
“Yes… then what happened?” I was hanging on the edge of my seat. My heart raced as Qassim explained the details, but I knew why he had paused. I was also thinking the same thing. Qassim’s phone calls were being recorded and he knew it. At this point I couldn’t care less.
“It doesn’t matter Qassim. Just carry on with your story; I was getting so into it as well!” I heard Qassim laughing at my enthusiasm. I grinned at my own folly.
“Ok. Like I said, the white bull looked to the left and he looked to the right, but he found no help. The wolf pounced upon the white bull and devoured him slowly, piece by piece. The wolf was content with his meal… for a while. Of course the wolf became hungry again. After a while he was not satisfied with what the other bulls had given him. He wanted more, and he knew just how to get it. He came to the black bull and said in his boding evil voice “I am famished and I want to eat the red bull. If you try to protect him, remember what I said to you last time. I will certainly find you by yourself, and that will be easy for me as there are only two of you now. You are clearly the strongest bull so I do not wish to attack you, but if you take me as an enemy I will be forced to”. The wolf gave the black bull his false promise once again and the black bull imprudently believed him in his state of ignorance. So the wolf approached the red bull as he stood by himself. As the red bull caught sight of the wolf, his heart skipped a beat. He knew why the wolf had come to visit him. In a moment of desperation he called for the black bull, although he knew what the answer would be… nothing. The wolf ate the red bull and again he was satisfied for a short while. So he certainly did find the black bull by himself, just as he promised he would. He leered at the single bull that remained not believing his own cunningness. The bull stared back in despair and as the wolf leaped upon him the bull cried “Surely I died that day I first betrayed my brother!”
My heart sank.
“Subhan-Allah!” I sat in astonishment. Such true words, such true words! I knew what I felt but I did not know how to express it in words. Qassim realised this so he started to speak again.
“So you realise now Attah? These Muslim countries that are arresting our Muslim brothers and sisters are just like the bulls in this story. They will see what they have earned in the hereafter.
Don’t worry Attah. Everything will be alright in the end. Take the example of prophet Yusuf (Peace be upon him). He went through so much, but his patience brought him through it in the end. Did you see the result of his sabr? He claimed such a high position in society in the end. That was his reward, but most importantly Allah was pleased with him.” Qassim’s voice started to sound really dry.
“True… true. Do you want to have a cup of water or something?”
Qassim coughed slightly and he said
“It’s ok Attah. So how are you feeling now?”
“I was really frightened at first, but I feel a lot better now. I feel proud to be able to be in this fight. I am grateful that Allah has included me in it. You’ve been through this all before haven’t you?” I enquired.

Our conversation was stopped short by a thunderous banging.
“Subhan-Allah… I’ll phone you back if Allah wills it. Something is happening.” I said wearily.
“Yes insha-Allah Attah. I’ll speak to you later hopefully. Ma’asalaam.”

“Ma’asalaam.”

I raced down the stairs, my heart beating like a drum. As my foot touched the last step I saw the policemen. I drew back and picked up the jilbab that was on a hook near the front door. At least I could guard my honour this time.
I then realised what that monstrous racket had been. They had been knocking on our door.
My whole body shivered as I watched them pushing my father into the wall although he was posing no threat. They walked into my living room with their shoes on. They laughed and joked with us in a cruel sarcastic tone.

“Are we allowed in this ‘sacred’ room with our dogs, and wearing our shoes? We wouldn’t want to ‘ruin’ your prayers!” They cackled. I became aware that they had police dogs with them. Dogs were my only fear. Spiders I could handle… but not dogs.
I pressed myself against the wall.

“What’s the matter darling? You’re not scared are you?” Said one policeman in an amused tone.
He slowly approached me, loosening his grip on the leash. I saw a fiendish glint in his eyes.
I breathed slowly and was careful not to move. I heard the dog growling, it was as if it could sense my fear. I could just imagine the dog tearing at my flesh and I squirmed in anguish. My father recoiled from the floor and stood in front of me.
“Get away from her now!” My father said threateningly.
“Well, it almost sounds as if he’s threatening a police officer. What do you think?” He said to his colleague.
“I think we should take him down the station.” Chuckled the second police officer.
I started quivering as the policemen closed in on my father. I could think of only one thing to do… supplicate to my Lord. I tried to focus, trying to make my speech as eloquent as possible. I asked Allah not to let them take my father.
At that moment three other police officers came into the room. The first two police officers turned around and started engaging conversation with them. They seemed to have forgotten about the clash with my father.
I cried, not because of what was happening around, but because Allah had answered my prayer. My mother ran to me and put her hand around me. I kept myself together for her sake only.

“What do they want this time?” I demanded.
“They’re searching our house for evidence I guess.” Sighed my father.
They looked through our shelf and examined a few copies of our Qur’an.
“You can’t touch that!” I exclaimed.
One officer walked up to me and just stared at me for a few seconds.

“And why is that may I ask?” He said with one eyebrow raised.
“Well you need to perform ritual ablution first.” I said in a mousy voice.
The police men fell about laughed at what I said as if I had just cracked a very funny joke. I flung my hands in the air and spun around in frustration.
“Just forget it; it’s not as if you’ll listen to me anyway.”
I sat in the corner and muttered some angry words every now and again. We had to sit in silence in our living room, while they turned our house upside down. After three hours of searching they finally approached us.
“Attah Abdul-Rahman, would you like to come with us please?”
“What? Again? Why?” I said flustered.
“We can discuss that down at the station.” A policeman grabbed my hand and cuffed my wrists. My father stood up, but two policemen pushed him down again.
“You can stay here!” They hooted with laughter.
“My daughter is a minor, you can’t take her alone!” Persisted my father.
“We’re the law; we can do whatever we want.” Sneered one policeman.
As they carried me away I looked back at my parents. My father was holding my mother in his arms as she cried “Attah! Attah!” My father looked down in dishonour, as he realised he couldn’t protect his little girl. I turned away and tried to hold myself together. I tried… and failed. I broke down into tears and just asked Allah to give me strength. As I walked out of my door I saw my aunty and uncle, who lived five doors down.

“I told her not to go to that conference!” Said my aunty in her pompous voice.

“No it was definitely that sister she’s always walking around with.” Replied my uncle nodding in agreement to his own comment.
I couldn’t believe my own flesh and blood would shun me like this. Now I will find out who my real family are. I wondered who would stick by me and who would run at the first sign of trouble. I shook my head in sorrow. My neighbours all gawked at me and whispered things like “Terrorist” and “fanatic”.
I held my head high and took no notice of these strangers, that’s all they were going to be to me now, strangers. No will have anything to do with me.

Only Allah can bring me through this dark era. Allah and only Allah can help me now. I thought of meeting the righteous in paradise, and I only felt ecstasy and elation. I looked up at the heavens and wondered what He had planned for me now. As they pushed me into the back of the police car, the only words that I could reflect upon were “Allah is enough for me.”

~The End~

By Faiza Ahmed

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
09-26-2005, 08:20 AM
:sl:
Jzk brother Hashim, very kind of you. I'd like to be, but don't really know how :)! Anyway..... why's everyone else being so lazy:(?

Protected_Diamond
09-26-2005, 05:16 PM
masha Allah masha Allah...whoaaa cant belive u rote that...thats wiked!!!!!...it sure is a long read but its so worth it..Alhamdulillah...stay strong in yo imaan and everyfin will b fine insha Allah :)

Protected_Diamond
09-27-2005, 03:53 PM
anyone else read it yet??

i sooo recommend it

:thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Shadow
09-27-2005, 08:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fenix-Angel
Jzk brother Hashim, very kind of you. I'd like to be, but don't really know how :)! Anyway..... why's everyone else being so lazy:(?

we prefer the term actively challenged rather than lazy:p

j/k

im sure alot of ppl read it but we just dont post comments

- Qatada -
09-27-2005, 09:02 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha Allah! subhan Allah! i really love how the sister in the story has soo much faith, something thats lacking for most of us muslims now.. Allah u akbar! and alhamdulillah i'm so happy Allah (swt) guided us!

Allah (swt) knows best.

i'm not tryna show off - but look at my sig. if we have true faith then no matter what happens, Allah (swt) is enough for us!

wasalam o 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Muhammad
09-27-2005, 09:21 PM

Masha'Allaah that was an excellent read, please do keep up the good work!!

The policewoman slowly peered up at me with a rather evil smile on her face. I wondered if she always smiled like that or if she had trapped wind,
I found that really funny!

:w:

hanna
09-27-2005, 10:45 PM

mashaallah it wa an absolute fantastic read!..keep up da gud wrk..u defnatley had some major points to note in dat story! :thumbs_up
..it actually reminds me ov a similar incident dat hapend to a person i knw!..may Allah (SWT) guide us and protect us all..Ameen

TEH
09-27-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow, Masha Allah that was good...

:)

nikki
09-27-2005, 11:20 PM
salaams :coolsis:

subhan'Allah tha story was gripping, had my anticipation HIGH!
truely gives me inspiration in faith, tha sistr is so determined and strong minded!
i agree wit all tha sistrs n brothrs comments, masha'Allah u keep this up!

Allahu Akbar!!!! Alhamdulillah
may peace n blessing n strength be upon u and the Ummah.... ameen.

wa salaams xxx :D

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-30-2005, 09:36 AM
:sl::rose:
Just like to give a big JZK to everyone who read my story:D! Meant alot to me:)! May Allah reward you all.
Fi aman Allah

Protected_Diamond
09-30-2005, 12:16 PM
no problem-o

post sum mo up whn uve written mo :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Hahaha will do inshaAllah:)!!!
:rose:

Riya90
09-30-2005, 04:31 PM
MashAllahhh that was so niceeeeeeeeee . Keep up the good work siss

eyes_of_mine
09-30-2005, 05:21 PM
WOW and WOW, who does not read your wonderfully written story it is indeed their own loss, I believe we are seeing the beginnings of a VERY talented writer who will go along along way, sister mashallah that was brilliant , I was totally riveted to my seat reading that, At first I thought its a true story, it was only as I got to the end and read the other replys I realised you had created this!
It is extremely realistic, infact its so brilliant I don't think you could improve upon it, I would dearly LOVE to read this story in a longer full length version, I feel cheated ! I want more !

I loved the part where her cousin is telling her the storyy about the 3 bulls, and the ending is brill how she saw who was he r true freinds and family, mashallah Im so impressed at your story, you must write more !

Daffodil
06-06-2006, 12:58 PM
aint u going to write a continuation??

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2006, 01:03 PM
No.... it's a cliff hanger:D.

Daffodil
06-06-2006, 01:13 PM
cliff hangers have something to follow them with

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Er... well i'm gonna end it like that because I don't know how prison is like so i can't describe it:D.
Although i've heard quite a bit about what goes on there:-\.

Daffodil
06-06-2006, 01:30 PM
im sure u can google "what is prison like" n also there are loads of sites like cage prisoners that say what torture n everything they went through whilst in these prisons. defo wud recommend that site altho it is very upsetting to read.

Samira_01
06-06-2006, 01:57 PM
awww...its so beautiful mashallah !!..Thankz 4 sharing it wid us

Ghazi
06-06-2006, 01:57 PM

Mash'Allah I just read this and your other one, the only reading I usually do is quran and hadith but this was an exception well done.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-07-2006, 12:30 PM
JazakAllah for the suggestions and comments. May Allah reward you all.

muslim_friend
06-07-2006, 02:23 PM

Great story. You have serious talent. And oh, those policemen in the story.. i would have beaten them up if i were there. Grrrrr...

I am waiting for part 2 inshaAllah.:thumbs_up and hopefully it must have a happy ending :) .

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Part 2.... errr.... inshaAllah!
JazakAllah for the positive comments.

aljawaad
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Yeah! *Patiently waiting for part 2*

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Why do I have to make a part 2?! *cries*

aljawaad
06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Coz you shud! *Still waiting patiently*

You shud coz u r too gud @ da stories.

MinAhlilHadeeth
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
I made this when i was 14 i think. Quite a long time ago. Lol my friend edited it so that's where the arabic and the 'saudi ocupied arabia' came from. She's saudi and she doesn't like the government.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.