/* */

PDA

View Full Version : NY Times article on Pakistan

Gator
01-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Found an article on Islamic political parties in Pakistan. Just FYI.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/06/ma...AKISTAN-t.html

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AFDAL
01-05-2008, 11:50 PM
What did Rehman and Anne Patterson, the American envoy, discuss? “She urged me to form an electoral alliance with Benazir Bhutto and Musharraf,” he told me a few days after the meeting.

These are the problems with Pakistan - even the Islamist party talk with america about the problems which in fact should not talk . Because it is the internal problem of Pakistan - which no serious pakistani leaders should not talk with america.

wilberhum
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL
These are the problems with Pakistan - even the Islamist party talk with america about the problems which in fact should not talk . Because it is the internal problem of Pakistan - which no serious pakistani leaders should not talk with america.
Sounds like Bush. I don't like you therefore I won't talk to you.

The US and Pakistan share some problems.

Talking is the first step in solving problems.

Not talking is the least intelligent stance anyone can take.

snakelegs
01-06-2008, 02:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AFDAL
i agree. u.s. should keep its nose out of other country's elections.
american support is more likely to be a liabilty than a plus.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.