/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Mysteries of The Search Feature on This Forum

snakelegs
01-06-2008, 06:36 AM
will someone please reveal to me the secrets of the search function? i've been here almost 2 years and it is still shrouded in mystery. :-[

for example - i just put in a search for "should muslims participate in elections"
and it said "The search term you specified (in) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."

can someone please translate this for me???
at other times i just get a mysterious blank space.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-06-2008, 10:30 AM
:exhausted hmmmm. i think it's on drugs or something. :skeleton: :blind::raging:

ricardo_sousa
01-06-2008, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
for example - i just put in a search for "should muslims participate in elections"
and it said "The search term you specified (in) is under the minimum word length (4) and therefore will not be found. Please make this term longer.
If this term contains a wildcard, please make this term more specific."
it is because of the length of the words. the words should have a minimum 4 letters.

the problem in your example is that "in" has only 2 letters, so the search give that warning.

snakelegs
01-06-2008, 10:37 AM
i tried that and got a blank page.
i give up for tonight. :exhausted

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
snakelegs
01-06-2008, 10:46 AM
thanks both of you! i found what i was looking for - finally! :statisfie

syilla
01-07-2008, 02:22 AM
i think in the search feature you can only type one word...and the minimum letter is four :hmm:

------
01-16-2008, 03:38 PM
:salamext:

You can type in more than one word, but the words have to be equal to or more than 4 letters long.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.