/* */

PDA

View Full Version : suicidal...

sparkling-water
01-06-2008, 05:18 PM
salaamz everyone, hope your all okay.
the title says it all basically.
i've been suicidal for years now and i do self harm,can anyone give me any advice on how i can stop myself? the reasons are too personal to post onto here but yeah i don't know how to get rid of it. :hmm: iv got myself in so deep itz lyk an everyday thing for me.
salaamz and jazakallah for reading this.
take care

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
01-06-2008, 07:12 PM
:sl:

I don't know what advice to offer you apart from you really should stop.

Maybe post another thread signed in as the anonymous account if the reasons you didn’t post on that account was because you didn’t want your identity compromised?

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...s-account.html

:w:

Nájlá
01-06-2008, 07:47 PM
do dua everyday

islamiii
01-06-2008, 08:03 PM
u should recite Quran with understanding . offer namaz . may thing situation is a test for u try to pass in that . sometime the paper is hard it doesnot mean we tear that paper . we should try to slove it. InshAllah we will pass.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Hurairah
01-06-2008, 08:21 PM
Asalaaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

Subhan Allah, you HAVE to stop. Why do you want to do self harm after Allah (SWT) created you in the best form?!

If you kill yourself (Astaghfirullah), then you will be in Hell forever! The life of this world is only a test! You have to remain patient and make tons of duaa and read the Quran and ask for forgiveness!

"And this life of the world is only amusement and play! Verily, the home of the Hereafter, that is the life indeed (i.e. the eternal life that will never end), if they but knew." [29:64]

The Prophet (SA) said, "Whoever purposely throws himself from a mountain and kills himself, will be in the (Hell) Fire falling down into it and abiding therein perpetually forever; and whoever drinks poison and kills himself with it, he will be carrying his poison in his hand and drinking it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever; and whoever kills himself with an iron weapon, will be carrying that weapon in his hand and stabbing his abdomen with it in the (Hell) Fire wherein he will abide eternally forever."

Anas bin Malik (RA) reported Allah's Messenger (SA) as saying: "None of you should make a request for death because of the trouble in which he is involved, but if there is no other help to it, then say: O Allah, keep me alive as long as there is goodness in life for me and bring death to me when there is goodness in death for me."

Allah's Messenger (SA) said, "Do not wish for death, for the terror of the place whence one looks down is severe. It is part of a man's happiness that his life should be long and Allah Who is Great and Glorious, should supply him with repentance."

Allah (SWT) says in the Holy Quran:

"...And do not kill yourselves (nor kill one another). Surely, Allâh is Most Merciful to you.And whoever commits that through aggression and injustice, We shall cast him into the Fire..." [4:29-30]Prophet Muhammad (SA) said: "Indeed, whoever (intentionally) kills himself, then certainly he will be punished in the Fire of Hell, wherein he shall dwell forever." [Muslim-Bukhari]"And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Sâbirin (the patient ones, etc.)" [2:155]

Allah the Almighty said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it."

'Abd-al Latif
01-06-2008, 08:42 PM
With regards to suicide the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "Whoever throws himself down from a high mountain and kills himself will be throwing himself down from a mountain in the Fire of Hell for all eternity. Whoever takes poison and kills himself will be taking poison in the Fire of Hell for all eternity. Whoever kills himself with a weapon (literally, iron) will be holding it in his hand and stabbing himself in the stomach in the Fire of Hell for all eternity." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5778)

Ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The believer sees his sin as a mountain beneath which he is sitting and which he fears may fall down upon him. The rebellious person sees his sin as a fly which passes in front of his nose and he swats it away…" (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 6308)

snakelegs
01-06-2008, 08:51 PM
i've felt suicidal too, though it was a long time ago and i am so thankful that i never went through with it.
i think you really need to talk with some one - get some help. there is nothing wrong with seeking help - we can all use all the help we can get. we don't have to be alone with our pain.

MaiCarInMtl
01-06-2008, 09:43 PM
I was considering suicide from time to time when I was 14-15 years old. It was a very hard time for me in my life, I had lost all faith in God and I felt like a complete freak and thought no one would ever love me. But any time I thought about doing something to myself, I would will myself to stop thinking such things and to really think. How would my parents feel? How would my pets feel? And just that was enough to stop me - I did not want the ones I loved the most to be sad, even if just for an instant (and even if they weren't human).

In the end, nothing is worth killing yourself over. God has given us a great gift, the gift of life. Only he decides when it is over. f it is something that you did in the past which causes you shame and you regret greatly, then ask God for forgiveness. If it is something that was done to you, then ask God to help you to heal, learn and move on from this. This too shall pass.

Also, perhaps you should talk to a qualified professional. They sometimes help give you perspective, help you move on, etc. I went to see one last year and he helped me move on over an issue that had bothered me and caused me much pain for 8 years.

But just keep in mind, nothing is worth killing yourself over. Ask God for help and also seek spiritual and professional help.

aminahjaan
01-07-2008, 07:37 AM
. A girl that I was close to,cut herself, I mean she cut so close to her veins, it was disgusting. Everyday she got paler, her eyes got baggy, she got thin..very thin. She looked very ill. She had reasons, her parents split, dad in jail. A sob story basically. I didn't want to snitch, rather, be a disloyal friend. But not telling was being disloyal. She was mentally ill. And she needed help. I told one of my friends that she did, because every week she would be even worse looking. So, my friend was so worried, she told the school counseler. The counsler got her help. She sorted her problems and she gave her the time she needed to recover. Now I am greatful that I told someone. So maybe YOU need to tell someone. Because beleive you me, it will get worse if you dont get help .

adeeb
01-07-2008, 01:19 PM
never harm your self...and be happy coz ure still alive today and can do prayer to Him...

UmmSqueakster
01-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Aww, sweetie, I know how you feel. Been there, done that, still go there on occasion.

For me, a combination of meds and ibadah have helped me improve immensely. I view depression both as a test from Allah (swt) and an illness. I fight the illness with medication, and I work on the test by turning to God.

1. Talk to a doctor. I'm not sure about in London, but here in the US, our ordinary doctors can prescribe depression medication, or will refer you to a psychiatrist who can.

2. Increase your acts of worship. Pray every salat on time. Add dhikr after each salat. Make frequent dua. Read a portion of the quran every day.

3. When you get depressed/suicidal, make wudu and pray whatever sunnah salat is at that time.

4. Check this website for muslim resources on mental illnesses.

PersianPrince
01-07-2008, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sparkling-water
i've been suicidal for years now and i do self harm,can anyone give me any advice on how i can stop myself? the reasons are too personal to post onto here but yeah i don't know how to get rid of it. :hmm: iv got myself in so deep itz lyk an everyday thing for me.
take care
:w: Sparkling Water,
You have been feeling suicidal for years and you have indeed already managed to stop yourself. Perhaps you could keep doing that.

I am feeling quite worried for you for some reason. I don't want to speculate or analyse anything because I don't want to increase your pain.

Whatever the pain is, you have several options: you can talk to someone who you can trust. Now this is not easy, because even the most trustworthy person will not necessarily understand and may irritate you.

I wouldn't want to pressure you to talk about it, unless you really want to. There is one method which may stop you harming yourself - think about the consequences of you not being around. What will you miss not experiencing. Perhaps there is a chance to put things right, but you won't know for sure if you harmed yourself.

If you do feel like having a chat - (about anything) by all means let me know. I don't mind giving a listening ear.

PersianPrince
01-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I have just received a PM from a reader with the initial 'C'. Im afraid I am unable to respond to your PM 'C', because I am a limited member. I wanted to say thank you for your kind words but after writing a longish message, it didn't send :cry:

Woodrow
01-07-2008, 10:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sparkling-water
take care
Although you see the problem as suicidal ideation. I more strongly suspect OCD.

This is a medical problem. Seek medical attention as soon as possible.

Also follow all of the good advice that has been given to you by the Members, but do not put off getting medical help.

krypton6
01-11-2008, 09:55 AM
In what way does harming yourself solve the problem?

qassy!
01-11-2008, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
In what way does harming yourself solve the problem?
This is one thing with girls I dont understand, someone I knew put my name on her by cutting her self, so it had my name in blood :raging::-[

Please sister dont be silly and do something like that, pray, listen to what "Umm Hurairah" said

Is it not possible to explain why your suicidal? Its a forum no one knows who you are. You can also make an anonymous post if you want

If you want to make an anonymouse thread and example abit more follow this thread
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...s-account.html

If you explain what happend it might help you just do NOT hurt your self in ANY WAY

Eric H
01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Greetings and peace be with you sparkling-water;

It is five days since you posted here, how are you today, please let us know.

Blessings and peace be with you

Eric

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.