/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of Al-Sabr al-Jameel

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2008, 12:23 AM
:sl:
The following info has been taken from a lecture called 'miyyatu fawaaid min Surat Yusuf' 100 point of benefit from Surat Yusuf, which was gievn by Sheikh Al-Munajjid.

Anyway, one of the points touched on what is meant by "Sabrun Jameel," which is mentioned in verses 18, and 83.
الثامن عشر:
الصبر الجميل: ما هو وما الفرق بينه وبين الصبر العادي؟
الصبر الجميل, قال العلماء, الذي ليس به تشكن ولا جزع. فالصبر الجميل يعن يصبر بدون تشكن
18: Al-Sabr al-jameel: What is it, and what is the diffrence between it and the common sabr?
The Ulemaa say that the Sabr al-Jameel, is that which does not contain complaint or grumble. So the person is paitent without complaining.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
01-07-2008, 07:14 PM
post approved.

------
01-07-2008, 07:15 PM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah nice post sis :)

Ummu Sufyaan
01-07-2008, 10:44 PM
thanks. glad you liked it :sunny:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
01-24-2009, 09:01 AM
*bump

Olive
01-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Jazakillah khair for sharing. :)

abdullah_001
01-24-2009, 02:33 PM

I also thought about this a lot and am glad the topic came up.

When I read the translation of "fasabrun jameel" in surah Yusuf in English most of the translators translated it as "patience is most fitting." My Arabic isn't that good but doesn't the word "jameel" mean beautiful? I know words can have multiple meanings so I went with the translation but it is hard not to think about it lol. Again, my Arabic isn't strong at all but I thought a lot about that aayah and I thought about Ya'qoob (as) and the only think I could come up with was how awesome must Ya'qoob (as) be to have such patience lol. Prior to this aayah Ya'qoob (as) tells his children that he fears that Yusuf (as) might get devoured by a wolf if he went playing with his brothers. It's like he had firaasah that this would happen and he was anticipating this... and yet when it happened he already knew how it happened but chose to be patient... and his patience was also exemplary in the sense he already knew what the outcome would be... what trust lol. subhan Allah. I'm just glad what I thought was in line with what the ulamaa have stated heh

Again, to my more knowledgable brothers n sisters, if I have said something wrong out of my lack of knowledge feel free to correct me and I already apologize.

:w:

*Yasmin*
02-04-2009, 11:18 AM
^ nice

May Allah reward u sis
beautiful message thanks for sharing

Umm Safiya
03-19-2009, 01:53 PM
Maashaa Allaah, jazaakillaahu khayran :)

Where can you read the rest?

Mazhara
03-19-2009, 03:02 PM
74:07-10 Perception and Meanings of Sabr.{English}

http://www.haqeeqat.org.pk/English%2...ro%2007-10.htm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.