/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Motivational hadith / ayaah

syilla
01-07-2008, 03:53 AM
:salamext:

I'm making my own 2008 desktop calender, using my old calender as the stand.

Can you please post me a short motivational hadith / ayaah, so that i can put in my calender InshaAllah.

Jazakallah khayr in advance. :sunny:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abdul-Raouf
01-07-2008, 04:00 AM
The Prophet (pbuh)said: 'A strong man is not the one who knocks others down, but the one who controls himself when angry.' (Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim)

syilla
01-07-2008, 04:06 AM
Jazakallah khayr akhee...

Anything more feminimn... :D

maniadoc
01-07-2008, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

Anything more feminimn... :D
more feminine!!!

Bukhari:Volumn 008, Book 073, Hadith Number 068
Narated By 'Abdullah bin Zam'a : The Prophet forbade laughing at a person who passes wind, and said, "How does anyone of you beat his wife as he beats the stallion camel and then he may embrace (sleep with) her?"

Abu Dawood:-Book 005, Hadith Number 2139.
Narated By Mu'awiyah al-Qushayri : I went to the Apostle of Allah (pbuh) and asked him: What do you say (command) about our wives? He replied: Give them food what you have for yourself, and clothe them by which you clothe yourself, and do not beat them, and do not revile them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
01-07-2008, 04:26 AM
okay okay... :)

anything in between...

i'm getting very demanding...sorry about that. :hiding:

Khayal
01-07-2008, 05:08 AM
:sl:

25:63. And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed cannot be not equal. Return an evil deed with one that is good. Then he between whom and thyself was mutual enmity shall become as though he were an intimate friend.

1. The Prophet said: 'Righteousness is good character, and sin is what makes you uncomfortable inside and you would not like other people to find out about.'(Sahîh Muslim)
2. The Prophet said: 'Indeed Allah is gentle and loves gentleness, and gives due to gentleness that which He does not give to harshness.'
(Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)

3. The Prophet said: 'Purity and cleanliness is part of faith.
(Sahîh Muslim)

4. The Prophet said: 'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.'
(Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

5. The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.'
(Sunan Abî Dawûd)

6. The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.'
(Musnad Al-Bazzâr)

7. The Prophet said: 'Modesty is part of faith.'
(Sahîh Muslim)

The Prophet said: 'None of you is truly a believer until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.'
(Sahîh Muslim)

8. The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his own family, and I am the best of you towards my family.'
(Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

9. The Prophet said: 'Paradise lies at the feet of your mother'
(Musnad Ahmad, Sunan An-Nasâ’i, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

10. The Prophet said: 'The life of this world is bountiful, and the best of the bounties of this world is the righteous woman.'
(Sahîh Muslim)

11. The Prophet said: 'Whoever loves my way of life (Sunnah) loves me, and whoever loves me will be with me in Paradise.'
(Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Source.

:w:

maniadoc
01-07-2008, 05:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
okay okay... :)

anything in between...

i'm getting very demanding...sorry about that. :hiding:
You can add these Quranic prayers:-

[2:286]On no soul doth God Place a burden greater than it can bear. It gets every good that it earns, and it suffers every ill that it earns. (Pray:) "Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us. Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against faith."

[2:201] And there are men who say: "Our Lord! Give us good in this world and good in the Hereafter, and defend us from the torment of the Fire!"

[3:8] "Our Lord!" (they say), "Let not our hearts deviate now after Thou hast guided us, but grant us mercy from Thine own Presence; for Thou art the Grantor of bounties without measure.

[3:147] All that they said was: "Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and anything We may have done that transgressed our duty: Establish our feet firmly, and help us against those that resist Faith."

syilla
01-07-2008, 06:12 AM

nice suggestion on the quranic dua... :)

جوري
01-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Ayah of the Day
Do then those who devise evil plots feel secure that Allâh will not sink them into the earth, or that the torment will not seize them from directions they perceive not? [An-Nahl 16 : 45]

Hadith of the Day
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar: Allah’s Messenger said, “Bashfulness is part of Faith.” (Agreed upon)

Quote of the Day
"Do not belittle even the smallest act of kindness, even if it were no more than meeting your brother with a smiling and cheerful face." Hadith

I got all of these from http://newyorkmuslims.com/
where the quote/hadiths/suras change daily..

sounds like a neat idea..

snakelegs
01-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Volume 8, Book 76, Number 453:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "Riches does not mean, having a great amount of property, but riches is self-contentment."

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 389:
Narrated Anas:
The Prophet said, "The real patience is at the first stroke of a calamity."

Volume 9, Book 93, Number 473:
Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah:
Allah's Apostle said, "Allah will not be merciful to those who are not merciful to mankind."

Mikayeel
01-07-2008, 08:10 AM
Is that (Paradise) better entertainment or the tree of Zaqqûm (a horrible tree in Hell)? (62) Truly We have made it (as) a trail for the Zâlimûn (polytheists, disbelievers, wrong-doers). (63) Verily, it is a tree that springs out of the bottom of Hell-fire, (64) The shoots of its fruit-stalks are like the heads of Shayâtin (devils); (65) Truly, they will eat thereof and fill their bellies therewith. (66) Then on the top of that they will be given boiling water to drink so that it becomes a mixture (of boiling water and Zaqqûm in their bellies).

Surah as saafat

These verses really do scare me, put them on ur calendar so u be scared:P

syilla
01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
If you have it in arabic text...please post it too :)

Abdul-Raouf
01-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I gained a lot of knowledge from this thread.

Alhamdulillah.

Jazakallah khair to Sister syilla for starting this thread and to everyone posted here.

snakelegs
01-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 29:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, Allah divided Mercy into one-hundred
parts and He kept its ninety-nine parts with Him and sent down its one
part on the earth, and because of that, its one single part, His
creations are Merciful to each other, so that even the mare lifts up its hoofs
away from its baby animal, lest it should trample on it."

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 42:
Narrated Jarir bin 'Abdullah:

The Prophet said, "He who is not merciful to others, will not be
treated mercifully.

Volume 8, Book 73, Number 64:
Narrated Anas:

I served the Prophet for ten years, and he never said to me, "Uf" (a
minor harsh word denoting impatience) and never blamed me by saying, "Why
did you do so or why didn't you do so?"

Narated By Abu Shuraih : The Prophet said, "By Allah, he does not
believe! By Allah, he does not believe! By Allah, he does not believe!" It
was said, "Who is that, O Allah's Apostle?" He said, "That person whose
neighbor does not feel safe from his evil."

syilla
01-07-2008, 09:31 AM
invoke Me [and ask Me for anything], I will respond to your invocation {40:60}

Nay, verily! With me is my Lord. He will guide me. {26:62}

Abdul-Raouf
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khayal

41:34 The good deed and the evil deed cannot be not equal. Return an evil deed with one that is good. Then he between whom and thyself was mutual enmity shall become as though he were an intimate friend.

Wonderful :sunny:......I will try my best to follow ^^ Insha'allah

syilla
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
15:3 Character cannot be developed in ease and quite. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieve.

54:8 Hastening towards the caller, the disbelievers will say : "This is a hard day."

52:48 "Now await in patience the command of your Lord : for verily you are in our eyes..."

2:153 "for Allah is with those who patiently persevere"

Khayal
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
:sl:

Every punishment from Him is pure justice and every blessing from Him is pure grace.
(Majmû 'ul-Fatâwâ, 10/85)

Guidance is not attained except with knowledge and correct diorection is not attained except with patience.
(Majmû 'ul-Fatâwâ, 10/40)

In this world there is a paradise, whoever does not enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter
(quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Al-Wâbil p.69)

If you do not taste the sweetness of an action in your heart, suspect it, for the Lord, Exalted is He, is the Appreciative.
(quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Madârij 2/68)

The more the servant loves his Master, the less will he love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more will he love other objects and they wil increase in number.
(Majmû 'ul-Fatâwâ, 1/94)

Sins cause harm and repentance removes the cause.
(Majmû 'ul-Fatâwâ, 10/225)

In this world, man finds in the remembrance of Allah, praising Him and worshipping Him, a delight that is incomparable to anything else.
(Minhâj As-Sunnah 5/389)

Bearing witness to tawhîd opens the door of good and repentance from sins closes the door of evil.
(Majmû 'ul-Fatâwâ, 10/256)

A man will never fear something besides Allah unless it be due to a disease in his heart.
(quoted by Al-Bazzâr, p.74)

Trials and tribulations are like feeling the heat and cold: when one knows that they cannot be avoided, one will not feel anger at their onset, nor will they be distressed or disheartened.
(quoted by Ibn Al-Qayyim, Madârij 3/289)

Source.

syilla
01-09-2008, 02:34 AM
Jazakallah khayr for sharing ukhtee :)

Nobody_
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Excellent thread, mashaAllah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.