/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam. Please Help.

AnonymousPoster
01-07-2008, 04:55 PM
Assalam u alaykum wr wb.

I am in desperate need for some help and advice. If you've repented for some sins you may have done in the past, and you've prayed for forgiveness, how do you ever know if you've been forgiven or not?

My problem is that I cant get over the sins that I committed, and I dont feel worthy of forgiveness, and I know that may be a sin in itself not accepting Allah swts forgiveness. But i feel so conflicted I truly want his forgiveness, but then I feel like I should be punished too. I've prayed, and prayed, and prayed, but i still feel like im not worthy of his forgiveness.

Please help, what do i do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
glo
01-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Depending on the nature of your sin, can you go to the person you have wronged and ask their forgiveness?
It sounds to me like you need to forgive yourself, and are unable to do so. And because of that, you cannot imagine that God would forgive you either ...

As a Christian I believe that no sin is too great to be forgiven by God, and that God forgives your sin if only you truly repent.
God forgives you, regardless of whether you feel worthy or not. (Of course, this is a Christian perspective, so please check what Islam teaches in this respect)
Knowing and accepting his forgiveness will give you much joy and peace - so I hope God will show you the way. :)

If at first you don't succeed, pray, pray and pray some more! :)

Peace

Hamas
01-08-2008, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalam u alaykum wr wb.

I am in desperate need for some help and advice. If you've repented for some sins you may have done in the past, and you've prayed for forgiveness, how do you ever know if you've been forgiven or not?

My problem is that I cant get over the sins that I committed, and I dont feel worthy of forgiveness, and I know that may be a sin in itself not accepting Allah swts forgiveness. But i feel so conflicted I truly want his forgiveness, but then I feel like I should be punished too. I've prayed, and prayed, and prayed, but i still feel like im not worthy of his forgiveness.

Please help, what do i do?
Assalamu Alaikum,

Brother i dont think your problem is that you cant get over the sins you have commited your problem is that you are allowing yourself to despair in the mercy of Allah.

Whatever sins you feel you have commited upon yourself is between you and Allah but if you have wronged others Allah will never forgive you untill those you have wronged forgive you so ask for forgivness from those you may have wronged and then ask for forgivness from Allah too. Think about the mercy of Allah, induldge yourself in the greatness of Allah and occupy yourself in the worship of Allah and inshaAllah your guilt will be eliminated.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.