/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iran speedboats 'threatened suicide attack

AvarAllahNoor
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Iran speedboats 'threatened suicide attack on US' in Strait of Hormuz The White House issued a stern warning to Tehran today after Iranian speedboats buzzed three US navy ships passing through the strategic Strait of Hormuz and reportedly threatened to blow them up. :D

A Pentagon official said that US forces were "literally" on the verge of firing on the Iranian boats and had moved to man their guns when the Iranians turned and sped away. No shots were fired in the incident yesterday morning in one of the world's key shipping routes for crude oil.

"We urge the Iranians to refrain from such provocative actions that could lead to a dangerous incident in the future," said Gordon Johnson, spokesman for the White House's National Security Council, in a terse statement.

Details of the incident remain unclear, but the skipper of one of the five Iranians speedboats reportedly said in a radio transmission: "I’m coming at you and you will blow up in a couple of minutes."

Related Links
How $100 oil will change your life
For sale: West’s deadly nuclear secrets
Woman among seven hanged in Iran
"It is the most serious provocation of this sort that we’ve seen yet," a Pentagon official said.

News of the stand-off emerged as President Bush prepares to leave tomorrow on a trip to the Middle East in which he is expected to tackle Iran's growing regional influence.

Tensions between Iran and the United States have risen sharply recent years over Washington's charge that Tehran had been trying to develop nuclear weapons, as well as supplying and training Shia Muslim insurgents in Iraq.

Yesterday's face-off was the most serious such incident since the Revolutionary Guard's seizure of eight Royal Navy sailors and seven Marines from the HMS Cornwall last March in the Shatt al-Arab waterway in the Gulf. Iran claimed that the 15 had strayed into Iranian waters, which Britain denied.

The latest incident occurred at about 5 am local time on Sunday as a US Navy cruiser, destroyer and frigate were crossing the strait on their way into the Gulf when they were buzzed by the speedboats, which dropped boxes in the water in front of them.

Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman, said that the American vessels were in international waters, making a normal transit into the Gulf. He said that the Iranian boats were operating at "distances and speeds that showed reckless and dangerous intent – reckless, dangerous and potentially hostile intent".

Mr Whitman said that the episode lasted 15 to 20 minutes but would not say whether officials know for certain whether the were vessels were Iranian Revolutionary Guard or regular Iranian navy. The Revolutionary Guard forces have been known to be more aggressive than the regular navy.

"At least some were visibly armed. Small Iranian fastboats made some aggressive manoeuvres against our vessels and indicated some hostile intent," he said.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3147217.ece

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 01:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
A Pentagon official said that US forces were "literally" on the verge of firing on the Iranian boats and had moved to man their guns when the Iranians turned and sped away.
........^o)

No wonder why the Arabs can´t win a conventional war...

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ricardo_sousa
........^o)

No wonder why the Arabs can´t win a conventional war...
you just showed your abit stupid no offense, iranians or persians, whatever you would like to call them,,,,,they are not Arabs, they dont even come from the same ancestors or area, they are a completely different race to one another.

infact your so ignorant you wouldn't know that Iranians share a same common ancestor etc with the Europeans....the Iranians descend from the Aryan race, go look up the Aryan race....it would be good for you to educate yourself seriously.....

i myself am lucky to be an Arab-Iranian, but if someone is a pure Iranian both parents, then they are not Arabs, they are simply Iranians, Persians. sheesh go learn abit plz.

as for the story......is there any proof this is true? ohhhh just because some American navy said this happened mean it really did? go learn history everyone, go look up the gulf of tonkin incident,,,,,america will make up things like this and even sometimes provoke others to attack them then say the others started it etc etc........

but as usual many western supporters will come out acting this is 100% true.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The_Prince
you just showed your abit stupid no offense, iranians or persians, whatever you would like to call them,,,,,they are not Arabs, they dont even come from the same ancestors or area, they are a completely different race to one another.

infact your so ignorant you wouldn't know that Iranians share a same common ancestor etc with the Europeans....the Iranians descend from the Aryan race, go look up the Aryan race....it would be good for you to educate yourself seriously.....
when I say Arabs, I mean the concept that in Europe and USA this days represent it: people of the middle east. I was not referring to races.

as for the story......is there any proof this is true? ohhhh just because some American navy said this happened mean it really did? go learn history everyone, go look up the gulf of tonkin incident,,,,,america will make up things like this and even sometimes provoke others to attack them then say the others started it etc etc........

An Iranian foreign ministry spokesman said: "This... happens for the two sides every once in a while and, after the identification of the two sides, the issue is resolved."

BBC

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
01-08-2008, 02:25 PM

i myself am lucky to be an Arab-Iranian, but if someone is a pure Iranian both parents, then they are not Arabs, they are simply Iranians, Persians. sheesh go learn abit plz.

hola...

aryans were persians... they did not have anything in common with europeans, all of that nonsense about a germanic 'aryan race' was stuff that hitler invented... do not put any stock into it...

que Dios te bendiga

seeker_of_ilm
01-08-2008, 02:28 PM
when I say Arabs, I mean the concept that in Europe and USA this days represent it: people of the middle east. I was not referring to races.

So would you class all Israeli's as Arabs? They are from the middle east too.

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
hola...

aryans were persians... they did not have anything in common with europeans, all of that nonsense about a germanic 'aryan race' was stuff that hitler invented... do not put any stock into it...

que Dios te bendiga
not that german rubbish, hitler was on some crack lol................the aryan race is nothing special, its just a race.....hitler and white groups always bring it up like something special, its just a race like any other race.............

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm
dont waste your time, he is lying, he knew exactly what he meant, he thought Iranians are Arabs, then got busted, so he makes this stupid excuse which makes no sense whatsoever.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:31 PM
no. because Arabs are Muslims. That´s normally what people associate to the word "Arab".

But 20% of the Israeli population are Arabs.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:32 PM
dont waste your time, he is lying, he knew exactly what he meant, he thought Iranians are Arabs, then got busted, so he makes this stupid excuse which makes no sense whatsoever.
exactly, just like you saying that this incident was not real and made up by the Americans.

seeker_of_ilm
01-08-2008, 02:35 PM
no. because Arabs are Muslims. That´s normally what people associate to the word "Arab".

Actually, no. There are Arab Christians too. Just admit you were wrong in your labelling.

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:36 PM
exactly, just like you saying that this incident was not real and made up by the Americans.
you lie again, i said IS THERE ANY PROOF? then i said THIS COULD be made up because America has made things like this before, i.e. gulf of tonkin, so no buddy, dont compare me with you.....now go learn about races plz, before you make an idiot of yourself again when you say Arabs are Iranians or Iranians are Arabs.

if this is true, then its good, im iranian, im happy this happened, over a decade ago an american navy ship in the persian gulf shot down an Iranian jetliner killing over 200 innocent Iranians, including dozens of women and children....infact the men on that ship were even later given hero awards.....so quite frankly, those navy boys have whats comming to them one day.

Agnostic
01-08-2008, 02:39 PM

I found this story in the IRNA website confirming the incident.
http://www2.irna.ir/en/news/view/lin...7873200809.htm

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
btw ricardo, the ORIGINAL article from the times makes no mention of the Iranian foreign minister, therefore my first comments were not wrong at all since i only had what was given to me at the time, i guarentee you that 9 out of 10 ppl who read the times story would have the same conclusion as me at first, is this even true? so therefore i wasnt wrong at all, nor did i lie....you cant beat me

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Actually, no. There are Arab Christians too. Just admit you were wrong in your labelling.
"oh Jesus".. ok, in my country, Arab mean "the guys from middle east, who are Muslims, and burn american flags when something is wrong". this is what anyone in my country would say.

But to not "hurt" some people, that are so united under a religion, but then so offended when "their races are confused", I will rewrite my statement:

"No wonder why the people of Middle East, not including Israel, can´t win a conventional war..."

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
we all need to ask ourself this, why are american navy ships even in these waters???????? America is so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from this area, so why in this blue world are American war ships in Muslim territory????? 99% of the Muslims in that region want every single American millitary group OUT OF THE REGION, how would you americans like it if you had Iranian navy ships in the gulf of Mexico? you would all call for ww3 if that happened.....so you want this to end? then plz get the hell out of our waters.......you dont even belong in this part of the world with your millitary...offcourse everyone wants to ignore this point.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
if this is true, then its good, im iranian, im happy this happened
you are happy of "your" coward army? making threats and then run away?

Jayda
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM

ricardo you sound ridiculous...

S_87
01-08-2008, 02:44 PM
i bet the americans were right on the verge of iranian waters and trying to provoke them on purpose

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
"oh Jesus".. ok, in my country, Arab mean "the guys from middle east, who are Muslims, and burn american flags when something is wrong". this is what anyone in my country would say.

But to not "hurt" some people, that are so united under a religion, but then so offended when "their races are confused", I will rewrite my statement:

"No wonder why the people of Middle East, not including Israel, can´t win a conventional war..."
lol who said i am offended? i am just exposing how stupid you are to call Arabs Iranians! im not offended at all, i earlier wrote i am Arab! and i am half iranian too, so why would i feel offended at that????? erm no buddy, im not offended, i repeat im just showing how ignorant you are with your stupid classifications.

now if in your country ppl think like you, then im sorry to say your countrymen are idiots as well, although i doubt they think like you.....your just lying to cover such a stupid comment you made.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:45 PM
we all need to ask ourself this, why are american navy ships even in these waters???????? America is so farrrrrrrrrrrrrrr from this area, so why in this blue world are American war ships in Muslim territory?????
oil. The only thing that makes "the Muslim territory" important to the world.

aamirsaab
01-08-2008, 02:46 PM
:sl:
Now now ladies, please put your handbags away. Dawn isn't until several hours.

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:47 PM
oil. The only thing that makes "the Muslim territory" important to the world.
yes, but its time America leaves, because Iran isnt the bad guy in this situation, america is because they dont even belong in these waters, so no westerner can actually turn this news report and say look how evillllllll iran is. nop, american war ships shouldnt be in this region in the first place.

even if Muslims had no oil america would still be there, or some other western nation.....why did britian colonize so much of Muslim lands? there wasnt any oil.

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:50 PM
i guess ill call all Koreans, japanease, Malaysians, Indonesians etc etc Chinese because they all look the same ey? should i do that Ricardo?

lol this analogy i just made cements my point on your Ricardo, and on your people if they think like you.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:51 PM
yes, but its time America leaves, because Iran isnt the bad guy in this situation, america is because they dont even belong in these waters, so no westerner can actually turn this news report and say look how evillllllll iran is. nop, american war ships shouldnt be in this region in the first place.
I think Iran made a ridiculous figure in this incident actually.

even if Muslims had no oil america would still be there, or some other western nation.....why did britian colonize so much of Muslim lands? there wasnt any oil.
No it won´t. Britain colonization was a different period in a different world, where European nations wanted to control the entire world.

ricardo_sousa
01-08-2008, 02:53 PM
i guess ill call all Koreans, japanease, Malaysians, Indonesians etc etc Chinese because they all look the same ey? should i do that Ricardo?
actually, yes. Lots of people when see that "funny eyes", despite being Japaneses or Koreans, call them Chinese.

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:55 PM
actually, yes. Lots of people when see that "funny eyes", despite being Japaneses or Koreans, call them Chinese.
yes and these ppl are classified as idiots incase you didnt know that? are you putting yourself with them? lol thanks, you just confirm my points.

keep it up man, you just proveeeeeeeeeeee im right as usual. :D

The_Prince
01-08-2008, 02:57 PM
you are happy of "your" coward army? making threats and then run away?
run away? you mean like American soldiers in iran who tried to rescue the hostages and lol they blew themselves up like idiots?????????? is that the coward army you are refering to????????????????????????????

Keltoi
01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
These sort of incidents happen all the time between countries but we usually don't hear about them. This probably got more attention because of the political situation and the fact that little incidents like this can lead to a very large incident.

aamirsaab
01-08-2008, 03:03 PM
:sl:
Thread locked. No point in keeping it open if all you lot do is fight.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.