/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you are aware of your humility, then you are arrogant

Mikayeel
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
alsalaam 3alekum

i have read the title on a islamic site as being an islamic saying, know i dont know if this is a hadeeth or just a saying by the companions or the scholars but any how. i stive everyday to show the best side of me to people around me(i am aware that i am being humble to others around me), and i know that people will find me a nicer person if i present my self in that way. but i am very aware that i am being humble and nice to others!(i cant stop being aware of it) does this make me arrogant? because i dont feel arrogant in anyway(but then agian arrogant people dont see them self arrogant) so i really would like some advice on this manner. thanks alot:)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PersianPrince
01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
alsalaam 3alekum

i have read the title on a islamic site as being an islamic saying, know i dont know if this is a hadeeth or just a saying by the companions or the scholars but any how. i stive everyday to show the best side of me to people around me(i am aware that i am being humble to others around me), and i know that people will find me a nicer person if i present my self in that way. but i am very aware that i am being humble and nice to others!(i cant stop being aware of it) does this make me arrogant? because i dont feel arrogant in anyway(but then agian arrogant people dont see them self arrogant) so i really would like some advice on this manner. thanks alot:)
As far as my interpretation of the teachings of Islam goes, being aware of your own behaviour is quite important. This is why becoming intoxicated (or drunk) is forbidden. Perhaps you're not giving yourself enough credit. I am willing to bet that the majority of the time you're not aware of "purposely" being humble. Maybe you are being you and deep down you realise you have been given a beautiful gift and are appreciating it. Could it be this? Remember, you are you...

Mikayeel
01-09-2008, 12:00 AM
you know what i have never looked at it from that point of view:), i hope i have a gift:P, then somehow am special:) thanks

Hamas
01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
alsalaam 3alekum

Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I dont know where you got that statement from or if you agree or not but it dosnt sound accurate your humility is important it can be the cause of your up rise or the cause of your downfall. Your aim is not to strive everyday to show the best side of you to people and be humble to them of course being kind to people is important but basic kindness and consideration would inshaAllah be sufficient you dont have to go way out your way to do this. Your ultimate goal is your Creator not your co-creation but make no mistake your actions towards your co-creation will be judged by Allah. You say that you are very aware of being humble and nice to others is this arrogrance? well it sounds like your going more towards pride than arrogance. You think your special and gifted bro? well arnt we all? The greatest gift Allah has given us is faith and our speciality is or should i say should be in being Muslims.

Assalam Alaikum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aamirsaab
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
:sl:
Being aware of your humility can lead to arrogance in the sense where you start looking down upon others: ''Oh he isn't very humble is he. I on the other hand am very much more humble than he!'' - now that's arrogance. But by simply being aware of your humility it doesn't mean you are arrogant. At most you could call it pride. What it really is is you being aware of your humility - and that is a good thing.

Mikayeel
01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamas
Assalamu Alaikum brother,

I dont know where you got that statement from or if you agree or not but it dosnt sound accurate your humility is important it can be the cause of your up rise or the cause of your downfall. Your aim is not to strive everyday to show the best side of you to people and be humble to them of course being kind to people is important but basic kindness and consideration would inshaAllah be sufficient you dont have to go way out your way to do this. Your ultimate goal is your Creator not your co-creation but make no mistake your actions towards your co-creation will be judged by Allah. You say that you are very aware of being humble and nice to others is this arrogrance? well it sounds like your going more towards pride than arrogance. You think your special and gifted bro? well arnt we all? The greatest gift Allah has given us is faith and our speciality is or should i say should be in being Muslims.

Assalam Alaikum.
first thanks for your replies:),
salaam 3alekum brother

oke, maybe thats true if i be kind to people i feel good about myself! but thats about it,(i dnt feel gifted in any kind/way/form what so ever (my only gift is being here and being a muslim) but yes as i said i feel good being nice, but i dnt go out telling people this, and that. if that makes sense?

Hamas
01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
first thanks for your replies:),
salaam 3alekum brother

oke, maybe thats true if i be kind to people i feel good about myself! but thats about it,(i dnt feel gifted in any kind/way/form what so ever (my only gift is being here and being a muslim) but yes as i said i feel good being nice, but i dnt go out telling people this, and that. if that makes sense?
Brother i wasnt trying to get at anything by my post i jsut typed on impulse and the ameersaab made it sound like alot more sense so good one brother ameersaab.

Woodrow
01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
There is humility and there is humility.

The harder one strives to achieve humility, the harder it is to achieve. The goal is not to strive for humility, the goal is to recognize our arrogance and do our best to avoid it and stop the practices and thoughts that lead to arrogance. We can not achieve humility it is the state of shunning arrogance. If we can eliminate our arrogance, humility is what is left.

It is very arrogant to think we are humble. We all show traits of arrogance, it is part of us, but we can make a conscious effort to keep our arrogance within ourselves and pray for forgiveness of our arrogance.

Omari
01-11-2008, 11:37 PM
Peace be with you brother,

If you choose to be humble to people then you are choosing to be a Muslim, and choosing to follow the sunnah.
In MY opinion those who choose to be humble or nice or decent or anything that helps another person, should continue doing so, however in my opinion he should keep it to himself.

Anyone who does somthing for the sake of Allah, will do it for allah and allah only, if the person, for example, gives charity infront of people and dileberatly flashes the money before he places it in the charity box, then he is not doing it for allah, but rather for his image. This is not only a sin, but it shows your character in a negative way.

YOU, in my opinion are a great person, and you should keep up with what you are doing brother, but like I said before, be humble but do it for the sake of being a muslim, not for showing off (which I can say that you aren't doing).

Peace be with you dear brother,
Omari

Mikayeel
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
thanks alot Omari!, thanks alot Woodrow! and thanks to all the brothers , ur answers have satisfied my question fully:).. one more happy person:).

salaam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.