/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why the censorship?

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Just wondering what people are so afraid of that they choose to review posts before they are put up? If I post a thread why does it not go up right away? I have been in kafr forums that have less censoring. You post a topic and it goes up. If the moderators deem that it is unappropriate then they take it down.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
baby_muslimah15
09-24-2005, 08:11 PM
I dont know... But thats a good question

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:13 PM
Another thing I am realizing is it seems that in some areas you cannot ever RESPOND to some of the posts. Why the lockdown?

baby_muslimah15
09-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Because they be closed by the LI Staff

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
libyanhero
09-24-2005, 08:14 PM
Salah Ud Deen what are you up to? Actually my posts pass through the security easily man ;D peace of cake. I never even thought they do censorship on this forum

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:19 PM
I tried to post an article in the sectarian forum and it never came up. I also tried to respond to one of the articles there and could not. They say not to talk about sectarian issues yet then the staff pushes salafiyya and wahhabism on the whole forum. I have been to other forums like this and it's really a drag that they feel their view is so weak that they must disallow any conversation on the topic in order to protect their world view.

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Actually I can see the thread I posted in the newest replies up above, but when I click on it there is an error. I guess it has to go through the office of Homeland Security for approval first.

baby_muslimah15
09-24-2005, 08:28 PM
~~~Can you listen to nasheeds??? Because my friend went through this but she had to post 50 post in order to be a full member... And maybe your not a full member yet and thats why your having all these problems~~~~

S_87
09-24-2005, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Salah ud Deen
I tried to post an article in the sectarian forum and it never came up. I also tried to respond to one of the articles there and could not. They say not to talk about sectarian issues yet then the staff pushes salafiyya and wahhabism on the whole forum. I have been to other forums like this and it's really a drag that they feel their view is so weak that they must disallow any conversation on the topic in order to protect their world view.
:sl:

actually brother i have been on forums where sectratarian discussions are allowed and to be honest its such a headache.
people just cannot debate peacefully with these kind of topics

so you read about the sects and thats it- no is and this. just full stop :thumbs_up

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:36 PM
Sounds more like fear of being shown wrong to me.

Uthman
09-24-2005, 08:37 PM

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl
It is the agreement of the staff that there will be no sectarian discussions on this forum. I have engaged in several sectarian debates on other forums and they do not benefit people in any way, except dividing the Muslims.

S_87
09-24-2005, 08:38 PM
Sounds more like fear of being shown wrong to me.

umm not really.
infact, if i remember correctly a few members have tried to debate but been proved wrong each time :)
anyway as said in forum rules

We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
Yeap, wahhabi/salafi forum. I should have known. They have the guts to post articles against different views, but not to let them be discussed.

libyanhero
09-24-2005, 08:42 PM
The moderators like me people, isnt that right modeys :p

;D just kidding, I just get the easy way out luck pure luck :D

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

umm not really.
infact, if i remember correctly a few members have tried to debate but been proved wrong each time :)
anyway as said in forum rules

We are promoting the unity of Islam. Allah (Exalted is He) said in Surah Al-An'âm, verse 159:

Verily, those who divide their religion and break up into sects (all kinds of religious sects), you (O Muhammad -- Peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) have no concern in them in the least. Their affair is only with Allâh, Who then will tell them what they used to do.
Sure you are. I'm sure the Shia are really welcome here. And as for them being proved wrong I see hard-headed Republicans say the same thing even whent he facts are presented to them.

S_87
09-24-2005, 08:47 PM
Yeap, wahhabi/salafi forum. I should have known. They have the guts to post articles against different views, but not to let them be discussed.

one question. whats the use of them being discussed? this will cause ill feeling and as stated its a forum promoting UNITY!

S_87
09-24-2005, 08:50 PM

While some may complain that there is "freedom of speech" please remember this is a privately owned discussion board which was created and is maintained to serve the purpose of promoting Islam. What is allowed in speech is determined by the Admin and not the member.

kadafi
09-24-2005, 08:50 PM
:sl: brother Salah ud Deen

We praise Allaah (Exalted is He) for guidin' you the right path.

The reason why we review sectarian articles is to ensure that no inaccurate articles are posted in these sections.

The article you posted titled 'Why Muslims Follow Madhhabs' written by the Sufi Nuh Keller is simply inaccurate and promotes extreme taqleed (blind-following).

You wrote in the byline:
I have posted this article because I feel it is necessary to provide a counter-point to the articles that I see which are against following a maddhab.
None of the 'ulema have ever claimed that followin' a maddhab is haraam, rather they warned the Muslims not to follow a particular maddhab blindly if the individual has sound evidence that goes against his maddhab. This is contrary to the article that you posted which states that a Muslim must follow a maddhab blindly even if he has evidence that contradict his maddhab.

Furthermore, akhee, the misconceptions that you have on "wahhabism". There is no such thing as "wahhabism". Since you're new to Islaam, you probably were fed lies and distortions about this great scholar of Islaam (Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab). Shaykh bin Baaz (May Allaah have mercy on him) wrote a refutation to those who slander him and attribute lies to him.

I suggest you read:

Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab – a reformer concerning whom many malicious lies have been told

So thus, there is no such thing as wahhabism but only one Islaam (one 'aqeedah and manhaj). The correct Islaam is based on the manhaj (methodology) and 'aqeedah (belief) of the Salaf-us-salih (the Pious Predecessors - first three generations) as stated by the Prophet (Peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in several ahadeeth.

We aim for unity and are against division as Allaah (Exalted is He) has commanded us, hence, this forum does not promote any sect/cult/hizb (groups) but rather concentrates on the true teachings of Islaam which is based on the Glorious Qur'aan and the Sunnah.

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:53 PM
Ill feeling? In order to fix whats wrong with the Muslims we need to discuss topics that may cause ill feeling. Lets take for example the destruction of the Khalifa, who helped the British to destroy the Khalifa? The wahhabi's did, all because in their arrogance they didn't want to be ruled by non-Arabs. Will this cause ill feeling, sure, to those in denial. Ill feeling is spread consistantly by the Wahhabi's against all other Muslims who don't believe what they believe. You want to talk about fighting amongst the Muslims just look to them. They brought fitna to the Islamic world.

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kadafi
The article you posted titled 'Why Muslims Follow Madhhabs' written by the Sufi Nuh Keller is simply inaccurate and promotes extreme taqleed (blind-following).
That is your opinion my brother, just as it is your opinion that Muhammad ibn Abd Al-Wahab was a great scholar, even though both his father and brother, two very well established ulema of their day, spoke out against him and warned people of his inaccurate beliefs. By the way, did you read the entire article or just the name of the author?

Oh one more thing, I love how you "promote unity" by refering to Sheikh Nuh Keller as Sufi Nuh Keller. Great way to promote unity.

S_87
09-24-2005, 08:58 PM
Ill feeling? In order to fix whats wrong with the Muslims we need to discuss topics that may cause ill feeling. Lets take for example the destruction of the Khalifa, who helped the British to destroy the Khalifa? The wahhabi's did, all because in their arrogance they didn't want to be ruled by non-Arabs. Will this cause ill feeling, sure, to those in denial. Ill feeling is spread consistantly by the Wahhabi's against all other Muslims who don't believe what they believe. You want to talk about fighting amongst the Muslims just look to them. They brought fitna to the Islamic world.
i suggest you read the link given by brother kadafi on sheikh ibn Abdul wahhab Rahimullah

Salah ud Deen
09-24-2005, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
i suggest you read the link given by brother kadafi on sheikh ibn Abdul wahhab Rahimullah
Why should I read it when there is no reciprocation? He deletes an article I post and then expects me to read an article that he finds to his liking? Yes sounds like a great trade off to me.

kadafi
09-24-2005, 09:02 PM
That is your opinion my brother, just as it is your opinion that Muhammad ibn Abd Al-Wahab was a great scholar, even though both his father and brother, two very well established ulema of their day, spoke out against him and warned people of his inaccurate beliefs. By the way, did you read the entire article or just the name of the author?

Firstly, I never state my opinion when it comes to the rulings of Islaam, rather I simply repeat the consesus of the 'ulema, and if they differed, the most sound view.

The 'ulema never spoke against Muhammad ibn Abd Al-Wahab (may Allaah have mercy on him) but rather praised him for his efforts.

Oh one more thing, I love how you "promote unity" by refering to Sheikh Nuh Keller as Sufi Nuh Keller. Great way to promote unity.
Akhee, I am not doing injustice since Nuh Keller indeed acknowledged that he is a Sufi.

This again is a misconception akhee.

For more info:

Did Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Abd al-Wahhaab rebel against the Ottoman Caliphate and what was the reason for its fall?

Since the forum rules are clear on sects discussion, I will close this topic. However, you can sent me a pm akhee and I will clarify your misconceptions

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.