/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Brother (not muslims ) coming to stay

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-08-2008, 02:18 PM
:sl:
i just wanted to seek advice on 2 topics regarding my brother coming to stay with me, he is soon to have a 2 week break form Afghanistan ( he is in the army ) and when he comes to england he always stays with me, he is normally stationed in Germany, he asked me if i would mind if he drinks to which i replied.. "what you put inside your body is your choice tho i would prefer it if you did it outside of my home."
The second situation is that i know my brother is a very big fan of eating pork,bacon, etc etc...

so the question is... is it permissible to allow my brother to drink alcohol and eat pork in my home?

Obviously i wouldnt touch it, but i feel some what arkward by putting 'rules + limits' on him because he is not a muslim and he only gets a few weeks off a year, and he has earned his time off to relax and enjoy etc. and its only going to be 10 days so its not like its a every day thing....

anyhows.. any advice highly appriciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-09-2008, 12:44 AM
well i think if he loves and respects you, he can live without pork for 2 weeks!
i also see nothing wrong with telling him that you do not want alcohol in the house. (which you've already told him).

ikaj
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
it's your home. it's not like youre going into his house and telling him not to drink and not to eat pork. out of respect for you, he should i think, not drink in the house or eat pork in your house...nothing's stopping him from goiing to bars and restaurants and doing what he wants...

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-09-2008, 10:52 AM

Thanx for replying and the advice...

so there would be no problem in him coming to my home 'drunk' or under the influence as long as he consumes it elsewhere... ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ikaj
01-09-2008, 11:04 AM
well since he's a grown man you can't really control what he's doing outside on his own time..all you can do is set limits for him for what's ok within your own home..

i guess you can't really ask him not to drink when he goes out..
if he goes out and drinks until he gets drunk and comes home in the middle of the night and passes out in his room..no harm done to you....
but if he comes home drunk and causes a racket in your home then you should have every right to control what goes on in your house...

islamirama
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
Thanx for replying and the advice...

so there would be no problem in him coming to my home 'drunk' or under the influence as long as he consumes it elsewhere... ?
Well you have to see what is at home? a Muslim husband? kids? What kind of environment are creating with a non-muslims there who openly drinks and eats what is forbidden even in their book? It's your home and you have the ability to control the atmosphere in there. I think, you should advise him to not bring or drink or eat that stuff while in the house but he's welcome to go to the bar or eating places and eat out all he wants in regards to that food. Also, you could advise him not to drink so much as to come home drunk. Lastly, rather then seeing what you should let him do, inshallah you should look for ways to see how you can give him dawaah instead.

Whatsthepoint
01-09-2008, 02:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
who openly drinks and eats what is forbidden even in their book?
She never said her brother is jewish and anyway judaism does not prohibit alcohol.

☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Well you have to see what is at home? a Muslim husband? kids?
im on my own, my husband is currently abroad and i have no kids...

Lastly, rather then seeing what you should let him do, inshallah you should look for ways to see how you can give him dawaah instead.
this i can not do. Firstly i am a revert and still learning myself and do not have a vast amount of knowledge of islam. Secondly, my brother is Atheist and i have made it a 'rule' that i do not discuss religion with him, because of past conversations we have had, have led to arguements.

but i do appriciate the advice JazakAllahu... and will request him with respect to not bring pork or alcohol into my home.

Nájlá
01-09-2008, 02:43 PM
i think the post has giving advise but can i say cant you try to tell him to become a proper muslim thats if he is muslim or if he isnt then try and make him become muslim and make sure u do duaa for ur brother. and may allah help u and guide all through ur life.ameen

Nájlá
01-09-2008, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by (¯¨›Åÿê§h勨¯)
but i do appriciate the advice JazakAllahu... and will request him with respect to not bring pork or alcohol into my home.
i think that is the only best way if u cant talk about the religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.