/* */

PDA

View Full Version : mother in law problem

sunshine81
01-08-2008, 09:05 PM
salam.
i am muslim and really need advice. ive been married for over a year now and since the beginning of my marriage i have had problems with my mother in law. thing is i dont think she likes me. im muslim, so is she. we both practice islam. i have never spoken back to her even if she is wrong. she has upset me and humiliated me many times. it has got to a point where a day does not go by that she doesnt have a remark about me. my husband is providing and looking after her in one house. we all live together. i just want to leave. yet i feel guilty for thinking this way. as in islam it says we have to be kind and look after our parents. what do i do, as she will not go to her other childrens to live with. how can i get round this. please give me feedback. id be grateful. preferably islamic advice please.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aamirsaab
01-08-2008, 11:00 PM
:sl:
It might help if you could give us a little hint as to what exactly she is saying.
If it's something along the lines of : ''You suck as a daughter in law. Die!'' or ''Die!'' Then this is clearly a matter of concern. In which case, I'd advise you to talk about the matter with your husband first - going straight to your mum in law may lead to more hassle. Or worse, no rotis for your husband.

If it's something along the lines of: ''Your roti skills need improving'' or ''pick the **** rolling pin up!'' then this is a matter of you over reacting. In which case, it's nothing that any other mother in law wouldn't do.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.