/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Please vote

Silver Pearl
01-09-2008, 03:17 PM
:salamext: or Greetings

When reading a book what do you look for? Do you prefer fictional or non-fictional? Please cast your vote. If you wish to elaborate on your vote, please do so.

You can make more than one choice, so go wild, not too wild.

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
:sl:
i love reading books.. but only factual stuff... i also love humour but again more factually based...

MartyrX
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
I put a mixture with the exception of romantic I'll read them all.

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-09-2008, 04:28 PM
:salamext:

I prefer non-fiction.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Hurairah
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Asalaamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu,

I love reading horror mysteries and adventures and comedy and biographies.

I also love reading the manga. :X

Pk_#2
01-09-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl
:salamext: or Greetings

When reading a book what do you look for? Do you prefer fictional or non-fictional? Please cast your vote. If you wish to elaborate on your vote, please do so.

You can make more than one choice, so go wild, not too wild.

Thank you.
Aww check out your title, I voted all of them including 'mixture of the above' 'cause you asked sooo nicely,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah.

Keltoi
01-09-2008, 06:46 PM
I'm a history buff, so most of my books are non-fictional biographies or simply non-fiction history...of course some would say alot of the history we read today is at least partly fiction. :)

aljawaad
01-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Prefer readin bks wid mixture of da above mentind.. Mre intrstin wid n guess its 2 mst people tste...

Amadeus85
01-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I liked Erich von Daniken when i was younger. He has some really twisted theories. From horrors I used to like "The call of Cthulu" and other stories by the same author but sadly I forgot his name now.

Keltoi
01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
I liked Erich von Daniken when i was younger. He has some really twisted theories. From horrors I used to like "The call of Cthulu" and other stories by the same author but sadly I forgot his name now.
That would be H.P. Lovecraft :)

north_malaysian
01-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Non Fictional. For a decade, I still love reading "Road to Mecca" by Muhammad Asad Weiss

sapphire
01-09-2008, 11:15 PM
i like detective, spy and mystery type of novels and auto-biographys or biographys written as a story.

im not sure which option to vote for lol. i guess both fictional or non-fictional depending on my mood. :D

truemuslim
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
i hate romance, i hate horror... and i like comedy (tv only, such as will smith, jackie chan, and some black guy i forget his name tho.) but i voted for comedy and fictional...

i really hate reading anything non-islamic tho.
i like 'a boy from mecca' and some other ones.

snakelegs
01-10-2008, 01:31 AM
fiction or non-fiction. no horror, comedy or romance.

Muslim Woman
01-10-2008, 02:07 AM

i like to read on religion :statisfie

Woodrow
01-10-2008, 02:37 AM
I guess the genre I am interested in depends on the moment. I have several purposes for reading.

Learning Religion

Learning History

Learning Culture

Learning Sciences

Learning Geography

Learning about anything

Teaching

Relaxation

Prayer

If I am going to be talking to my grand kids, I had best be up to date with whatever is of interest to them. My grand kids range in ages from in their 20s to less then 2 years old. So that keeps me on my toes. If I am talking about people in my age Bracket. FDR and WWII are most certainly going to come up. Then there are my flying friends both active and inactive. The latest trends in light air craft and the newest navigational equipment will come up. Of course my former colleagues in the med field. I still try to keep up with the current findings in neurology and neuroanatomy.

Then there are the graphic arts. We are in the early stages of previously unknown art media and art topics. A person can spend a life time just learning the art of fractuals.

So, there is my long winded rant as to why I checked a mixture of the above.

smile
01-10-2008, 01:32 PM
i like reading fiction,comedy
or horror books

adeeb
01-10-2008, 01:44 PM
i like reading on islamic books... but sometimes i read non-islamic..and i love mixture of horror, comedy, and other..

so we will experience different feelings while we read the book...

Abu Musab
01-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Where's the option for those who don't read? :hmm:

truemuslim
01-10-2008, 10:30 PM
^^^ lol yeah... i hate reading... i skim thru my school novels tho... i only LIKE and WANT to read islamic books

sabah
01-10-2008, 11:29 PM

sorry i didnt vote because i hate reading lol and try to avoid it at all costs. I have yet to find a book that has kept me interested so i want to reach the end of the book. Any ideas of some good books would be great!

:w:
ps: i like the books with colour pictures and big print :D

truemuslim
01-10-2008, 11:37 PM
^^^ lol yeah me 2 lol... and i know the best book ever in the world and in the universe which has the best author in the world and in the universe who wrote it and no one can write just like him unless dajjal wants another try.lol

Silver Pearl
01-11-2008, 06:00 AM
:wasalamex / Greetings

Barakallaahu feekum/ Thank you to all those who voted or/and left a comment. Highly appreciated.

The choie for 'I hate reading' wasn't put up as a choice because you guys are insignificant :p Nah I wanted to only focus on those who read books, sorry if I made it seem like I was isolating anyone.

For those who prefer non-fictional to fiction, can I ask why? For me I'd only read history based books if I had to read non-fiction or a major event-Holocaust, Slave trade, Slavery etc. I don't count Islamic books as something to be read as a hobby. I do it to learn, my aim and objectives are different when I pick up an Islamic book. Anyways fictional books aren't exciting enough for me. Its too realistic so its just average. I like a book that is compelling, extra-ordinary. That's just my opinion.

I only put few choices up because I wanted to limit the voting poll. Once again thank you everyone! Keep voting!

------
01-11-2008, 07:26 PM
:salamext:

I love reading Horror books :D

truemuslim
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
i hate horror books from the movies...like... saw 1 2 3 and 4.. final destination 1 2 3 and 4... the grudge...disturbia...halloween 1 2 3 4 5 and i think 6...

sorry but these are just like the sickest movies of america...EWWWWWWWW....k well bye

sabah
01-11-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^^^ lol yeah me 2 lol... and i know the best book ever in the world and in the universe which has the best author in the world and in the universe who wrote it and no one can write just like him unless dajjal wants another try.lol
lol i like that book alhmadulilah!

truemuslim
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
lol yeah me too sabah. we all kno that book even scientists love that book. i sadly only kno one chapter of that book memorized... i still learning tho. i started last year because i never was able to learn in america without a good islamic school. but i still learning.. it gets easier and easier. lol. Alhamdulilah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.