/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Sightings criticized by Al-Jazeera

nasimov786
01-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Salam

The following You Tube video is a discussion on the wrong Saudi Moon Sighting declarations.

At 17:05 into the video, the slide shows that from the years 1961~2004 (43 years), the Saudis declared the moon was sighted 63% of the time when it was IMPOSSIBLE to see it. 24% of the time they declared that they had seen the moon when they could not have seen it. In those 43 years, they could have been correct only 13% of the time for the beginning of Ramadhan.

In other words, over those 43 years, the Saudis were correct only six times according to the astronomers! In other words, they got 6 out of 43! Sweeeeet!

I'm extremely busy right now otherwise (it's 12:30 am), I would have summarized the various parts of the video. I'll do it after a couple of days. If any person who understands Arabic wants to help out please do so. You don't have to do the whole video. Whatever part you want to do, just make sure you write down when that part starts like how I've done in the above paragraph.

In brief, Saudi sighting is waaaay off according to the many Arabian astronomers interviewed in the following video. But folks, it's in Arabic so if you don't know Arabic, that's just too bad. That is why I say...learn Arabic my children. Learn Arabic! Shariah Program has an amazing Arabic online offering and you can check it out in the other thread.

Here's the Al-Jazeera You Tube video which has been viewed 640 times as of yet:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lx0rLtKPzbc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
01-10-2008, 12:42 PM
it was impossible by who? the scientists?

shev
01-10-2008, 12:55 PM
but how big responsibility. it is to make people fast on wrong days.

sur
01-11-2008, 01:03 AM
scintists give their predictions as per position of moon in relation to earth.

while air cushion arround earth can refract light & cause moon to be seen when it wouldn't be visible if there was no air cushion around earth.

may that's who ppl see it while science doesn't expect it.!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.