/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cholestral!

rozeena
01-10-2008, 09:09 AM
salaam,

I just wanted to know what you should eat etc when you have cholestral. As my dads got cholestarl doctors said cut down sugary,oily stuff. But is their any pacific food that he should eat?

thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PersianPrince
01-11-2008, 12:41 AM
:w: rozeena,

It's really nice you care so much about your father. Im no health expert, but I have just read a little bit about Cholesterol. From what I gather, we should have the right balance. Diet and Amount of Excercise seem to be the key factors of cholesterol. Have a read of the following page. It may help

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cholesterol

By the way, my dad isn't the greatest when it comes to excercise, but he says that when he's doing household DIY (or making a mess as my mum puts it), he feels much better.

Umm Yoosuf
01-11-2008, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rozeena
salaam,

I just wanted to know what you should eat etc when you have cholestral. As my dads got cholestarl doctors said cut down sugary,oily stuff. But is their any pacific food that he should eat?

thank you
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

If he has high cholestral he should try and eat things like garlic, soya, oats, corn, selenium-enriched cereals etc. Insha Allaah he needs to exercise and avoid saturated fats intead have unsaturated alternatives. He should have a good talk with his doctor i'm he'd be more helpful.

PersianPrince
01-11-2008, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaah,

If he has high cholestral he should try and eat things like garlic, soya, oats, corn, selenium-enriched cereals etc. Insha Allaah he needs to exercise and avoid saturated fats intead have unsaturated alternatives. He should have a good talk with his doctor i'm he'd be more helpful.
Wow.. I must commend you on your knowledge! I'll send that to my dad too!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syilla
01-11-2008, 01:04 AM
If he is in medication...avoid eating peanuts.

rozeena
01-11-2008, 09:09 AM
thanks 4 ur replies. Yeh love my dad to bits.his my best buddy lol! thank u once again ill giv him da list of food. and hope he gets betta inshallah.

UmmSqueakster
01-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Depending on what kind of roll genetics plays in the high cholesterol, eating well and exercising are a good start, but may not be enough. Unfortunately, my family is aflicted with high levels of cholesterol (both bad and good), and even my stick thin, uber healthy, organic eating sister has cholesterol that is too high. When that's the case, medication is a good option. inshaAllah it's something he should talk to his doctor about. A combination of lifestyle changes (diet and exercise) and medication may be a good route to take.

Abu Thabit
01-13-2008, 10:32 AM
Plus- apple, carrot, onion, olives, they play a role to lower the cholestrol if they were consumed. may Allah cure your dads and all of the muslims from any type of disease

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!