/* */

PDA

View Full Version : just need kind words I suppose

anonymous
01-14-2008, 01:44 PM
AssalamuAlaikum

I fear for my Imaan, for the Imaan of all the Muslims, what if Allah chooses to take it away, where will we be then? So many things have happened in the last few days...they've made me think so much about how precious my Imaan is to me, but at the moment I just want to break down and cry, I'm not usually this quick to despair, I dont know whats wrong with me, I just need consolation I guess.

This despair has to do with the fact that i recently received some bad news...and its affecting me real bad, i can be a pretty strong character when i have to, but yesterday i had to give somebody the same terrible news, and its really got to me, I didnt think it would but its bothering me...

I regret that it had to be ME giving the news, there was no way round it and I felt it was my duty, but its ... I dont know... scarred is too strong a word, but I feel really low, has anybody else felt that way after giving somebody bad news? or is it just me?

wassalam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sabah
01-14-2008, 03:59 PM
:sl:

im sorry to hear your going through a difficult time lately however remember allah never places a burden on you more than which you can carry. Giving some bad news is really difficult mainly because you know how much its going to hurt that person, so your not alone feeling this way. I hope allah makes it easy for you ameen.

:w:

ps: is anonymous, anonymous tester and anonymous gender the same person :uuh:.

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2008, 04:02 PM
ps: is anonymous, anonymous tester and anonymous gender the same person
They are different people sister. WalaykumasSaalaam.

anonymous
01-14-2008, 04:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah

im sorry to hear your going through a difficult time lately however remember allah never places a burden on you more than which you can carry. Giving some bad news is really difficult mainly because you know how much its going to hurt that person, so your not alone feeling this way. I hope allah makes it easy for you ameen.

ps: is anonymous, anonymous tester and anonymous gender the same person :uuh:.
JazakAllah sis, i guess I dont want them to hate me for having to tell them, the guilt is weighing me down and I feel terrible about it. Thumma Ameen to the Du'aa

Wassalam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tomtomsmom
01-14-2008, 05:07 PM
Perhaps your strong character and also having the same bad news is a test of seeing if you can be helpful to this other person in dealing with the news. Compassion is a powerful thing in a time of need.

aadil77
01-14-2008, 05:40 PM

bro don't worry Allah(swt) will never take your imaan away, if you yourself choose to go astray then Allah (swt) may choose to let you stay that way

so have 'sabr' as those who have patience through difficulties and clamities, Allah (swt) has a special reward for them , so you could be being tested

:peace:

AnonymousPoster
01-14-2008, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
AssalamuAlaikum

I fear for my Imaan, for the Imaan of all the Muslims, what if Allah chooses to take it away, where will we be then? So many things have happened in the last few days...they've made me think so much about how precious my Imaan is to me, but at the moment I just want to break down and cry, I'm not usually this quick to despair, I dont know whats wrong with me, I just need consolation I guess.

{"O you who have believed, seek help through patience and prayer. Indeed, Allah is with the patient."} [al-Baqarah; 153]

Seek consolation in the Qur'an and be patient. Recite it, listen to it and ponder over its meanings. Our Salaf went through great trials and tribulations and yet they never faltered even for a second, they knew how much Imaan is worth. By you being a Muslim, saying "I believe" trials will come upon you as Allaah says: {"Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried?"} [al-Ankabut; 2]; and they come upon the greatest of men, the Anbiya. Look at Yusuf and his father, look at Ayoub, look at Musa, look at Nuh, and look at our beloved Messenger Muhammad saw. They went through the toughest trials and they were the best, and so it is that the best go through the toughest trials. Don't despair in Allaah and His Mercy, He says: {"...Indeed, the mercy of Allah is near to the doers of good."} [al-Ar'af; 56]

Remember that there is no running from Allaah, except to Allaah.

This despair has to do with the fact that i recently received some bad news...and its affecting me real bad, i can be a pretty strong character when i have to, but yesterday i had to give somebody the same terrible news, and its really got to me, I didnt think it would but its bothering me...
I think if I said to you 'Don't let it get to you', it won't really help. I know you're saying you have a strong character, let it come out then. At times, things can seem hopeless to us and sometimes things happen, which we would never have imagined. But remember that, whatever happens is decreed by Allaah, and we as Muslims believe in this and from the benefits of our Imaan in this is that a Muslim is never swayed. His tests strengthen him; in response to them he becomes bold and brave and firm in his Imaan, he never swerves from it nor does doubt in Allaah come near his heart for Allaah says about these people that they say: {"Say: 'Nothing shall ever happen to us except what Allah has ordained for us...'"} [at-Tawbah; 51] This leads him to be patient and persevere in the face of trials even if the ones around him falter and fall and succumb to desires. He never shakes, he remains like a rock firm in its position in the belief of Allaah and in the belief of His Messenger. He relies on none other and is content with what he gets because he knows that this life is nothing more than a few more days and that real life is after this. He is humble and tranquil and he is attached to the Qur'an and he never leaves it and he is so convinced of the truth that he is upon that if everyone on earth were to leave Islaam, he would remain firm upon it and never so much as doubt in it. He knows that the people are not going to help him in the least now, in the grave, and on the Day of Standing. This is why Sulayman ad-Darani said:
"If every single person began to have doubt in the truth, I would remain certain in it by myself."
''Uluww al-Himmah'; p. 42
I regret that it had to be ME giving the news, there was no way round it and I felt it was my duty, but its ... I dont know... scarred is too strong a word, but I feel really low, has anybody else felt that way after giving somebody bad news? or is it just me?

wassalam
If you've given the news and it has already been done, don't say "IF" and don't regret it. Make Dua' to Allaah. Don't underestimate the power of Dua'.
‘The strong believer is better and more beloved to Allaah, than the weak believer and there is goodness in both. Strive for that which will benefit you, seek help from Allaah and do not despair. If a mishap should happen to befall you then do not say ‘ If only I had acted….such and such would have happened’. Rather say:

‘Allaah has decreed and what He wills, He does’.
… for verify ‘If’ lets in the work of the devil.’

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.