/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Share your favourite Ayah or Surah

Pages : [1] 2

Muslimah
01-02-2005, 05:33 PM
:sl:

My respected sisters and brothers, the whole Al-quraan Al-kariim is great...and we all surly enjoy listening or recitation. I'd like to know, if there're some special suura(s) or aayaat..you usually play it or even read it.

I love suurat Maryam, specially the first page..No day passes by without listening to it specially with the voice of Abdirihman Al-sudays...such a beautiful ayat subxana Allah....

Its Your turn ...

Baaraka Allahu Fiikum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Uthman
01-03-2005, 07:53 PM
Assalam alaikum brothers and sisters,

Indeed the voice of Al-Sudais is great! He adds to the beauty of our holy book with his wonderful tune and voice.

P.S. I don't really have a favourite!:-\

Khaldun
01-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Assalamu Alykum

Surah Yusuf is just a must hear, follow the tafseer at the same time, if that doesnt bring you to tears then I dont know what will :D.

and oh yes sudais is reading it lol

Uthman
01-04-2005, 05:29 PM
Great! Surely it will bring me to tears! Everything does! :laugh: Don't worry, I confuse myself sometimes! lol! As long as Sudais is reading it . . .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
WomanOfJihad
01-05-2005, 12:17 AM
Subhanallah Sheikh Sudais his recitation is CLASS.. also i really like Sheikh Shatery's REcitation ... he gt a lovely tune as welll...

My FAvourite Surah is Surah Yusuf .. its beautifull ...

n my Favourite Ayah the one which keeps me goin all the time is :

fa Inna Ma'al 'Usri Yusra !!
( verily with every difficulty there comes relief)

Uthman
01-08-2005, 06:01 PM
In Surah AL-MUMENOON chapter number 23 verse number 62

"On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth: they will never be wronged. "

I like this one. It's very refreshing:)

Link
01-14-2005, 01:02 AM

aytal kursi, i have read hadiths that it is like the qibla of the Quran and many other hadiths regarding its merit

ma'asalama

Uma Rayanah
01-14-2005, 08:01 PM

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Gr8 topic...sis

well my fuv suraah is Suraah Al Kahaaf..

mashallah dat surah has in it 2 many storiz ,,,,,,,,

Uma Rayanah
01-14-2005, 08:07 PM

~*I hope u r all in da best state of health 'N' iman inshallah*~

Sister Muslimah.. sorry but can u change ur Signature plz..

it soo sad,, it sayz ,, why u r cryin,, u dad dead,, ur mam ,, and so on,, plz change it ,, if u don't mind,,,, dat fact it i can't see it ,, Inshallah Islaam will shine in Palestine,,,, Inshallah..

Thanx sister

Sumayya
01-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Salaamz :teeth:

I love the Whole Qur'an :$

But..i particularly love Surah Rahman..itz amazing :love:

and and..Ayatul Kursi..beautiful :'(

anddd Surah Yaseen..the Heart of the Quran :love:

Surah Noor..'Noorun Ala Noor'

And an ayah which keepz me going..jus like womanofjihad :p
iz : Fa innamal Usri Yusra' (surely after difficulty comes ease) ..its a promise of Allah..SubhanAllah
!

Uthman
01-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Assalam alaikum,

Heres where to get Sheikh Sudais' recitation for the whole Qur'an :) I was gonna attach some but it seems that you can't attach mp3 files! *glares at admins*

http://english.islamway.com/bindex.p...&recitor_id=28

;)

Wassalaam

Muslimah
01-16-2005, 01:22 AM

Suurat Yusuf is great too...subaxana allah ...

Okay please Check verse 35 from suurat Al-Ahzzaab....i love it too...amazing!

1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam ukhti let it be...so we all remember to make dua's for our muslim brothers in palastine...

Ma salaama

Link
01-16-2005, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sumayya

anddd Surah Yaseen..the Heart of the Quran :love:
!
subhannallah, suratal yaseen is suppose to be recited every night of jumaa (thursday night) and for the sick too right

suratal yaseen is my favorite surah, it has such a healing impact on the heart, also yaseen is a mystic name of the Rasool (saw)

Uma Rayanah
01-16-2005, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah

1_Of_Ur_Siss_In_Islam ukhti let it be...so we all remember to make dua's for our muslim brothers in palastine...
Inshallah dear sister....

Ummatee
01-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Wicked topic MahsALlah..

Yeah My favourite surah is..Surah Ikhlas..and Surah Yaseen..

Absolutely :love: Surah Yaseen..

And..favoirite aayahs..SO MANY but best one is... Fbi'aayi Aalaa ee rabbikumaa tukadhibaaan (surah Rahman)...
:shade: Cool stuff !!!

Far7an
01-24-2005, 11:39 AM
I have many favourite recitors, amoung these are alot of egyptians, I belive ALLAH (swt) has blessed them with beautiful voices Masha ALLAH

Qari Abdul Basit Abdus Sammad; i think he needs no introduction

Sheikh Muhmmad Siddiq Al Minshawi: Such a beautiful reciter who recited with such taqwa

Sheikh Mustafa Ismail: He coud change between maqamaat so quickly (for mishari rashid fans, this is his fav recitor)

Sheikh Muhammad Rif'at: he was widely regarded as the recitor of his century

Far7an
01-24-2005, 11:58 AM
My mistake...i was gonna get to that

Favourite surah is surah taha, it is recited so beautifully by Salah Al Budair

al-muminoon
01-24-2005, 12:53 PM

I love Surah Yaseen, especially recited by Qari Abdul Baset Abdul Samad, so beatiful, slow and meaningful.

Alhamdulillah!

The recitation can be found here....

http://quran.islamway.com/abdulbasetmu/036.ram

or

http://quran.islamway.com/abdulbasetmu/036.mp3

Listen and enjoy!!

kadafi
01-24-2005, 06:08 PM
And whoso obeys Allâh and the Messenger (Muhammad P), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allâh has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiqûn (those followers of the Prophets who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As*Siddiq), the martyrs, and the righteous. And how excellent these companions are! (An-Nisa 4:69)

Muslimah
01-24-2005, 10:23 PM

Az-Zumur ayaah number 8
وَإِذَا مَسَّ الْإِنسَانَ ضُرٌّ دَعَا رَبَّهُ مُنِيباً إِلَيْهِ ثُمَّ إِذَا خَوَّلَهُ نِعْمَةً مِّنْهُ نَسِيَ مَا كَانَ يَدْعُو إِلَيْهِ مِن قَبْلُ وَجَعَلَ لِلَّهِ أَندَاداً لِّيُضِلَّ عَن سَبِيلِهِ قُلْ تَمَتَّعْ بِكُفْرِكَ قَلِيلاً إِنَّكَ مِنْ أَصْحَابِ النَّارِ
"And then some hurt toucheth man , he crieth unto his Lord , turning unto Him ( repentant ) . Then , when He granteth him a boon from Him he forgetteth that for which he cried unto Him before , and setteth up rivals to Allah that he may beguile ( men ) from His way . Say ( O Muhammad , unto such an one ) : Take pleasure in thy disbelief a while . Lo! thou art of the owners of the Fire ".

Al-Baqara aayah number 186
وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

"And when My servant question thee concerning Me , then surely I am nigh . I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he crieth unto Me . So let them bear My call and let them trust in Me , in order that they may be led aright".

Sheikh Haroon
01-29-2005, 01:58 PM
My favourite is Sura Ta Ha, especially recited by Ahmed Al-Ajmy.

Uthman
01-29-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, I also like Sura Ta-ha. I only read it again a few days ago.

Far7an
01-29-2005, 04:42 PM
I know ive already posted my favourite, by here are a few more..

Surah Al Inshiqaq by Salah al Budair
http://server1.aswatalislam.net/Audi...islam.net).mp3

Surah Al Qiyamah by Ibrahim aljibreen

Surah Fajr by Abdul Aziz al Ahmed

Ansar Al-'Adl
01-30-2005, 04:58 PM

Masha'Allah, Br. Farhan I have the first link that you gave it is also one of my favourites..very emotional..very powerful

These ayaat are also very striking:

Suratul Qasas:
68. And your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses, no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified be Allâh, and exalted above all that they associate as partners (with Him).

69. And your Lord knows what their breasts conceal, and what they reveal.

70. And He is Allâh; Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He). His is all praise, in the first (i.e. in this world) and in the last (i.e.in the Hereafter). And for Him is the Decision, and to Him shall you (all) be returned.

71. Say (O Muhammad ): "Tell me! If Allâh made night continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, who is an ilâh (a god) besides Allâh who could bring you light? Will you not then hear?"

72. Say (O Muhammad ): "Tell me! If Allâh made day continuous for you till the Day of Resurrection, who is an ilâh (a god) besides Allâh who could bring you night wherein you rest? Will you not then see?"

73. It is out of His Mercy that He has put for you night and day, that you may rest therein (i.e. during the night) and that you may seek of His Bounty (i.e. during the day), and in order that you may be grateful.

The translation does not do justice to the original arabic, unfrotunately. Nor have I found any recitation that does justice to the ayaat either.

Ansar Al-'Adl
02-01-2005, 05:09 PM
Good point zAk. A muslim doers not worry about details which will not benefit him/

S_87
05-03-2005, 09:00 PM
thought id start a thread for ayahs that stood out/ made us cry and just ayahs in general that had us thinking etc :)

:w:

me
Unto every man among them will be paid that which he had earned of the sin, and as for him among them who had the greater share therein, his will be a great torment.

[24/11]

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 09:52 PM
i love the ayats on my sig

Bint Abdusattar
05-03-2005, 10:02 PM

This verse really affected my outlook on life and I shudder evertime i read it:

Surah Al-Araf:176

And had We willed, We would surely have elevated him therewith, but he clung to the earth and followed his own vain desire. So his parable is the parable of a dog: if you drive him away he lolls out his tongue, or if you leave him alone, he (still) lolls out his tongue. Such is the parable of people who reject Our Ayat. So relate the stories, perhaps they may reflect.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
05-03-2005, 10:07 PM
I have to say, everytime i read the Quran and try to pick out a ayat that i like best, it is impossible. So i have to conclude that The Quran as a whole stood out for me:)

Far7an
05-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Subhanallah I just saw this thread, oh here we go..

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاء رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ
13. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

More to follow InshaAllah...

Far7an
05-04-2005, 11:34 AM

وَلِيَعْلَمَ الَّذِينَ أُوتُوا الْعِلْمَ أَنَّهُ الْحَقُّ مِن رَّبِّكَ فَيُؤْمِنُوا بِهِ فَتُخْبِتَ لَهُ قُلُوبُهُمْ وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ لَهَادِ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ
54. And that those who have been given knowledge may know that it (this Quran) is the truth from your Lord, and that they may believe therein, and their hearts may submit to it with humility. And verily, Allah is the Guide of those who believe, to the Straight Path.

Surah Al Hajj

Khaldun
05-04-2005, 01:43 PM

I am quite amazed by the letters of the Quran that dont have an apperent meaning such as Nun and Qaaf etc. Although the favourite is Alif LaaaaaaaaaaaaM Meeeeeeeeeeeem *shuraim style*

Khaldun
05-04-2005, 02:02 PM

loq no i dont cry cry because of them ayahs but i think that the purpose of this thread was to also post ayahs that make u ponder and think....

Bint Abdusattar
05-04-2005, 10:07 PM

This verse made me very wary of how the shaitan works:

Surah Al-Isra/Bani Israeel : 64

"And befool them graduallythose whon you can among them with your voice, make assaults on them with your cavalry and your infantry, share with them wealth and children, and make promises to them." But satan promises them nothing but deciept.

How chilling:
- shaitan's voice is music and songs and all calls to disobedience;
- not only the shaitan but his army, with their weapons are always attacking;
- this is the worst bit - shaitan is sharing our children with us by tempting them all the time
- shaitan is also tryiing to get a share in our wealth by making us love wealth so much that we would go about doing haram works to get it.

May Allah save us from the evil plottings of shaitan.
Ameen

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-04-2005, 10:20 PM
:sl: We've had this thread multiple times, so I'm going to merge it, insha'Allah.

S_87
05-06-2005, 02:09 PM
43. See you not that Allah drives the clouds gently, then joins them together, then makes them into a heap of layers, and you see the rain comes forth from between them. And He sends down from the sky hail (like) mountains, (or there are in the heaven mountains of hail from where He sends down hail), and strike therewith whom He will, and averts it from whom He wills. The vivid flash of its (clouds) lightning nearly blinds the sight.
44 Allah causes the night and the day to succeed each other (i.e. if the day is gone, the night comes, and if the night is gone, the day comes, and so on). Truly, in these things is indeed a lesson for those who have insight.
45 Allah has created every moving (living) creature from water. Of them there are some that creep on their bellies, some that walk on two legs, and some that walk on four. Allah creates what He wills. Verily! Allah is Able to do all things.

sure nur

MetSudaisTwice
05-06-2005, 02:18 PM
my favourite ayahs are:

Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?
Surah Ar-Rahman

وَيْلٌ يَوْمَئِذٍ لِّلْمُكَذِّبِينَ
Woe on that day to the rejecters.
Surah Mursalat

Rafay
05-07-2005, 03:36 AM
http://kuran.tolgay.biz/
this website is very good for high quality mp3 recitation, excellent ones from imam at makkah n medina, and i can see everyone loves sudais, so hf:). edit: i know its in some weird language but da names are on the right side jus click n ull get all da surah #s.
salamu alaikum

Uthman
05-07-2005, 05:48 PM
بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ

Since it's impossible for me to have a favourite verse of the Qur'an I would like to post just a few of the ones that I find particularly, heart-warming or thought-provoking. :)

013:027
And those who disbelieve say: "Why is not a sign sent down to him (Muhammad SAW) from his Lord?" Say: "Verily, Allah sends astray whom He wills and guides unto Himself those who turn to Him in repentance."

013:028
Those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah - Islamic Monotheism), and whose hearts find rest in the remembrance of Allah, Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest.

001:002
All the praises and thanks be to Allah, the Lord of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinns and all that exists).

008:017
You killed them not, but Allah killed them. And you (Muhammad SAW) threw not when you did throw but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair trial from Him. Verily, Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

024:046
We have indeed sent down (in this Quran) manifest Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, lawful and unlawful things, and the set boundries of Islamic religion, etc. that make things clear showing the Right Path of Allah). And Allah guides whom He wills to a Straight Path (i.e. to Allah's religion of Islamic Monotheism).

109:006
"To you be your religion, and to me my religion (Islamic Monotheism)."

021:030
Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens and the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?

021:001
Draws near for mankind their reckoning, while they turn away in heedlessness.

Needless to say, I have many more. :) Jazak'Allahu Khayran for reading. :)

Arwa
05-07-2005, 06:25 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Surah Nur, ayah 35!!

Surah Kahf ayah 109!

Surah Muzzammil

Surah Muddathir

I'll get back to you later insha'Allah with more :sister:

Oh yeah Farhan, that Sheikh Budayr's recitation of Surah al Inshiqaaq is beautiful :'(

Uthman
05-08-2005, 12:54 PM

So I have those and I have:

007:172
And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this."

MukkyX
05-22-2005, 05:07 AM
قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَى أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ

"Say: O `Ibadi (My slaves) who have transgressed against themselves (by committing evil deeds and sins)! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: verily, Allah forgives each and every sin. Truly, He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful". (39:53).

MukkyX
05-22-2005, 07:06 PM
lol i didnt see it :$ i guess i skimmed through a bit too quickly :p
Oh well

Lateralus63
05-23-2005, 02:12 AM

for me it has to be this one,

"Which of the favours of your lord will you deny?"

Ra`eesah
05-23-2005, 03:49 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~ :wilted_ro ~

Surah al- Baqarah 2:186

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2005, 09:49 AM
mashallah a very good ayah bro

MetSudaisTwice
05-25-2005, 09:58 AM
bro what are these links? they don't seem to work bro

S_87
05-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Only those believe in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), who, when they are reminded of them fall down prostrate, and glorify the Praises of their Lord, and they are not proud.
Their sides forsake their beds, to invoke their Lord in fear and hope, and they spend (charity in Allahs Cause) out of what We have bestowed on them.
[sure sajdah 15-16]

:love:

So that Allah will punish the hypocrites, men and women, and the men and women who are AlMushrikoon (the polytheists, idolaters, pagans, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah, and in His Messenger Muhammad SAW ). And Allah will pardon (accept the repentance of) the true believers of the Islamic Monotheism, men and women. And Allah is Ever OftForgiving, Most Merciful.
[Sure Ahzab 73]

al faqeer
05-25-2005, 11:07 AM
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

لَقَدْ جَاءكُمْ رَسُولٌ مِّنْ أَنفُسِكُمْ عَزِيزٌ عَلَيْهِ مَا عَنِتُّمْ حَرِيصٌ عَلَيْكُم بِالْمُؤْمِنِينَ رَؤُوفٌ رَّحِيمٌ

128. Verily, there has come unto you a Messenger (Muhammad SAW) from amongst yourselves (i.e. whom you know well). It grieves him that you should receive any injury or difficulty. He (Muhammad SAW) is anxious over you (to be rightly guided, to repent to Allah, and beg Him to pardon and forgive your sins, in order that you may enter Paradise and be saved from the punishment of the Hell-fire), for the believers (he SAW is) full of pity, kind, and merciful.

Uthman
05-25-2005, 06:50 PM

Good choice(s) everyone! :) The Qur'an is full of timeless wisdom. As a brother once said, we must memorise as much of the holy Qur'an as we can and absorb it's knowledge. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose. :)

Ansar Al-'Adl
05-25-2005, 08:27 PM
Thread stuck.

khalid zaheer
05-26-2005, 05:35 AM
assalaam o alaikum friends

Quran is revealed to "Act upon" not to choose Favorite ayaat. It's not revealed to listened in beautifull voices but should be Penetrated in every moment of our lives. Our heart should be it's reciter. Our body should be actor.

I think

Allah Hafiz

al faqeer
05-26-2005, 06:09 AM

Akhi This is true , But there is no harm in listening to a beautiful voice as Allah SWT has ordered us to recite the Quran ,

أَوْ زِدْ عَلَيْهِ وَرَتِّلِ الْقُرْآنَ تَرْتِيلاً

4. Or a little more; and recite the Quran (aloud) in a slow, (pleasant tone and) style .

We can read and Listen study and Must follow the Quran Akhi .

Shukran :)

Ibn Syed
06-09-2005, 07:41 PM
I love the last from surah Yaseen the way Sa'd Al-Ghamidi recites it. That verse is on my signature. Here is a link for Ghamidi's Yaseen:
http://quran.islamway.com/saad/036.ram
Enjoy! :)

Labaik Ya Allah
06-10-2005, 07:36 PM

My favorite surah is Surat Al-'alaq ( The Clot )
and my favorite ayah is

87:1 Glorify the name of thy Guardian-Lord Most High

سَبِّحِ اسْمَ رَبِّكَ الْأَعْلَى

and my other favorite ayah is

51:56 Indeed I created jinn and mankind for no other purpose but to worship Me.

وَمَا خَلَقْتُ الْجِنَّ وَالْإِنسَ إِلَّا لِيَعْبُدُونِ

;)

Sister In Deen
06-18-2005, 10:43 AM
Assalamu Alaykum.

Subhan'Allah, Sheikh Sudais has one of the best recitation!

Indeed, the whole book of Allah is beautiful and true. Every Ayah is the Glorious Qur'an is something to reflect upon.

My favourite Surah in the Qur'an is Surah Yasin and Surah Al-Qiyamah.

Surah Yasin because it is the heart of the Qur'an. And the reason why I like Surah Al-Qiyamah is because it reminds me about the Akirah, Death, Paradise and Hell. The Translation of this surah is very strong and effective. It touches a Believers heart, sometimes makes you cry over it, when you read the Tafsir of this inspiring Surah.

Jusuf
06-28-2005, 12:26 AM
I love the whole Qur'an, everytime I read it, I tremble and sometimes cry.., specially when Allah explains about the judgment day in many surahs.. Subhanallah.., don't know what are we going to be in that final day...

One ayat that I always say is Az Zumar 13.

Say: "I would, if I disobeyed my Lord, indeed have fear of the Penalty of a Mighty Day."

This ayah keeps me obeying Allah's order all the time
:thumbs_up

Hajar
07-01-2005, 10:37 AM

It is not right to prefer some parts of the Quran than other parts .
All Quran parts are equal and must be loved in the same amount.
Maybe the topic should be changed to "What do u read daily"???

Batoota
07-15-2005, 10:46 AM

^ Regarding what sister Hajar just wrote:

yes, the entire Quran is beautiful, but the Rasool Sallah Allahoo Alyhee wa salam did point out that some ayaat have more "excellence" than others, and some sura'as. And some sahabah told the Rasool sallah allhoo alyhee wa salam their love of one sura...

For example:

Abu Sa`id Ar-Rafi` bin Al-Mu`alla (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?'' Then he (PBUH), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (PBUH) said, "It is `Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft-repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love Surat-Al-Ikhlas [Say: He is Allah, (the) One].'' He (PBUH) said, "Your love for it will admit you to Jannah.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Allah Himself says:

"And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al-Mathani (the seven repeatedly recited Ayat), (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) and the Grand Qur'an.'' (15:87).

And I am sure we have all heard of this one:

Ubayy bin Ka`b (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest?'' I replied: "It is `Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayum (Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living...)'.'' (2:256) Thereupon he (PBUH) patted me in the chest and said, "Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abu Mundhir!''
[Muslim].

therefore, sister, I do not think you should say "it is not right to prefer some parts of the Quran...". ??? For more on what i am trying to say:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...08/chap183.htm

Insha Allah, I will be back to post some ayaat that i find to be inspiring/chilling/and that really move me to tears and break my heart a bit.

^I hope I did not offend you sister Hajar!! :love: And May Allah forgive me if i have said anything wrong.

all errors are mine,

Hajar
07-15-2005, 11:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Batoota

^ Regarding what sister Hajar just wrote:

yes, the entire Quran is beautiful, but the Rasool Sallah Allahoo Alyhee wa salam did point out that some ayaat have more "excellence" than others, and some sura'as. And some sahabah told the Rasool sallah allhoo alyhee wa salam their love of one sura...

For example:

Abu Sa`id Ar-Rafi` bin Al-Mu`alla (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Shall I teach you the greatest Surah in the Qur'an before you leave the mosque?'' Then he (PBUH), took me by the hand, and when we were about to step out, I reminded him of his promise to teach me the greatest Surah in the Qur'an. He (PBUH) said, "It is `Alhamdu lillahi Rabbil `Alamin (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) which is As-Sab` Al-Mathani (i.e., the seven oft-repeated Ayat) and the Great Qur'an which is given to me.''
[Al-Bukhari].

Anas (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: A man said: "O Messenger of Allah! I love Surat-Al-Ikhlas [Say: He is Allah, (the) One].'' He (PBUH) said, "Your love for it will admit you to Jannah.''
[At-Tirmidhi].

Allah Himself says:

"And indeed, We have bestowed upon you seven of Al-Mathani (the seven repeatedly recited Ayat), (i.e., Surat Al-Fatihah) and the Grand Qur'an.'' (15:87).

And I am sure we have all heard of this one:

Ubayy bin Ka`b (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: "Abu Mundhir! Do you know which Ayah in Allah's Book is the greatest?'' I replied: "It is `Allah la ilaha illa Huwal-Haiyul-Qayum (Allah! none has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living...)'.'' (2:256) Thereupon he (PBUH) patted me in the chest and said, "Rejoice by this knowledge, O Abu Mundhir!''
[Muslim].

therefore, sister, I do not think you should say "it is not right to prefer some parts of the Quran...". ??? For more on what i am trying to say:

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/h...08/chap183.htm

Insha Allah, I will be back to post some ayaat that i find to be inspiring/chilling/and that really move me to tears and break my heart a bit.

^I hope I did not offend you sister Hajar!! :love: And May Allah forgive me if i have said anything wrong.

all errors are mine,

Thanks Batoota to point this out to me...

And ofcours im not offended!! I was wrong and you just corrected me :)

Ma'salam

Batoota
07-15-2005, 01:18 PM

^ Alhamdillah, i was just worried that I hadn't written it nicely!

Okay, I am back (as i promised :D )!

[surat Al Baqara]

257. Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness.
They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever)

[surat Al Noor]

35. Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

36. (Lit is such a Light) in houses, which Allah hath permitted to be raised to
honour; for the celebration, in them, of His name: In them is He glorified in
the mornings and in the evenings, (again and again),-

37. By men whom neither traffic nor merchandise can divert from the Remembrance
of Allah, nor from regular Prayer, nor from the practice of regular Charity:
Their (only) fear is for the Day when hearts and eyes will be transformed (in a
world wholly new),-

38. That Allah may reward them according to the best of their deeds, and add
even more for them out of His Grace: for Allah doth provide for those whom He
will, without measure

[Surat At Tawbah]

111. Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for
theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and
slay and are slain: a promise binding on Him in truth, through the Law, the
Gospel, and the Qur'an: and who is more faithful to his covenant than Allah.
then rejoice in the bargain which ye have concluded: that is the achievement
supreme.

[Surat Fatir]

19. The blind and the seeing are not alike;

20. Nor are the depths of Darkness and the Light;

21. Nor are the (chilly) shade and the (genial) heat of the sun:

22. Nor are alike those that are living and those that are dead. Allah can make
any that He wills to hear; but thou canst not make those to hear who are
(buried) in graves.

[Surat Al Ahzab]

35. For Muslim men and women,- for believing men and women, for devout men and women, for true men and women, for men and women who are patient and constant, for men and women who humble themselves, for men and women who give in Charity,for men and women who fast (and deny themselves), for men and women who guard their chastity, and for men and women who engage much in Allah's praise,- for them has Allah prepared forgiveness and great reward

[Surat Al Wa'aqiah]

77. That this is indeed a qur'an Most Honourable,

78. In Book well-guarded,

79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean:

80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?

82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?

83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-

84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-

85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-

86. Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-

87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?

Insha Allah, tomorrow I'll add some more :D

:wub: :love:

:sister:

Batoota
07-16-2005, 06:59 AM

[Surat Al Imran: Shakir's translation]

169. And reckon not those who are killed in Allah's way as dead; nay, they are alive (and) are provided sustenance from their Lord;

170. Rejoicing in what Allah has given them out of His grace and they rejoice for the sake of those who, (being left) behind them, have not yet joined them, that they shall have no fear, nor shall they grieve.

171. They rejoice on account of favor from Allah and (His) grace, and that Allah will not waste the reward of the believers

172. As for) those who responded (at Ohud) to the call of Allah and the Messenger after the wound had befallen them, those among them who do good (to others) and guard (against evil)shall have a great reward

173.Those to whom the people said: Surely men have gathered against you, therefore fear them, but this increased their faith, and they said: Allah is sufficient for us and most excellent is the Protector

174. So they returned with favor from Allah and (His) grace, no evil touched them and they followed the pleasure of Allah; and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace.

175. It is only the Shaitan that causes you to fear from his friends, but do not fear them, and fear Me if you are believers.

[Surat Al Furqan: Yusuf Ali's translation]

63. And the servants of (Allah) Most Gracious are those who walk on the earth in humility, and when the ignorant address them, they say, "Peace!";

64. Those who spend the night in adoration of their Lord prostrate and standing;

65. Those who say, "Our Lord! avert from us the Wrath of Hell, for its Wrath is indeed an affliction grievous,-

66. "Evil indeed is it as an abode, and as a place to rest in";

67. Those who, when they spend, are not extravagant and not niggardly, but hold a just (balance) between those (extremes);

68. Those who invoke not, with Allah, any other god, nor slay such life as Allah has made sacred except for just cause, nor commit fornication; - and any that does this (not only) meets punishment

69. (But) the Penalty on the Day of Judgment will be doubled to him, and he will dwell therein in ignominy,-

70. Unless he repents, believes, and works righteous deeds, for Allah will change the evil of such persons into good, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful,

71. And whoever repents and does good has truly turned to Allah with an (acceptable) conversion;-

72. Those who witness no falsehood, and, if they pass by futility, they pass by it with honourable (avoidance);

73. Those who, when they are admonished with the Signs of their Lord, droop not down at them as if they were deaf or blind;

74. And those who pray, "Our Lord! Grant unto us wives and offspring who will be the comfort of our eyes, and give us (the grace) to lead the righteous."

75. Those are the ones who will be rewarded with the highest place in heaven, because of their patient constancy: therein shall they be met with salutations and peace,

76. Dwelling therein;- how beautiful an abode and place of rest!

^ May Allah let us be of them :wub: :thumbs_up :love:

:w: :sister:

A7med
07-16-2005, 08:31 AM
I like the AAYAH in my sig _
l l
\ /
:D

IslamInside
07-16-2005, 09:46 AM
My favourites :

وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِي إِذَا دَعَانِي فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُوا لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُوا بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ

--Surah baqarah - ayah - 86

& :

وَإِذْ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمْ لَئِنْ شَكَرْتُمْ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمْ وَلَئِنْ كَفَرْتُمْ إِنَّ عَذَابِي لَشَدِيدٌ
Surah Ibraheem - ayah - 7

bro_faz
07-16-2005, 09:50 AM
I dont have a favourite Ayah, because to me all the Quraan is beautiful and it is the word of Allah SWT and all the ayats are the most beautiful texts i have ever read

Batoota
07-18-2005, 05:43 PM

I am back! Ayaat to take heed from:

[Surat Al Baqarah:]

79. Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby

80. And they say: "The Fire shall not touch us but for a few numbered days:" Say: "Have ye taken a promise from Allah, for He never breaks His promise? or is it that ye say of Allah what ye do not know

(Subhan Allah: how many of us think like that? We do a sin and think...well whatever...it's tiny. WE'll still go to jannah or hell won't be that bad! Istagifr Allah!)

[Surat Taha:]

86. Then Moses went back unto his folk, angry and sad. He said: O my people! Hath not your Lord promised you a fair promise? Did the time appointed then appear too long for you, or did ye wish that wrath from your Lord should come upon you, that ye broke tryst with me?

[Surat Al Hujrat]

17. They impress on thee as a favour that They have embraced Islam. Say, "Count not your Islam as a favour upon me: Nay, Allah has conferred a favour upon you that He has guided you to the faith, if ye be true and sincere.

(Subhan Allah! Another problem: sometimes it seems like we think we've done so much just by being Muslim. It's like we think that Allah should be grateful that we've sloppily prayed, instead of us being grateful that we have been shown the way!)

[Surat At Tauba]

42. If there had been immediate gain (in sight), and the journey easy, they would (all) without doubt have followed thee, but the distance was long, (and weighed) on them

(2 Words: So True!)

:w: :sister:

nahyan
07-20-2005, 06:32 PM
salamualaikum

probly my favourite surahs are yaseen and waqi'ah and i would recommend reading the translation of waqi'ah...very peaceful and scary. ull find out. it give description of ppl on the left and right. JANNAH AND JAHANNAM

Abdalla
08-07-2005, 11:45 AM
My fav ayahs are the last three of surah al-baqaah and the last 15 of surah al waqiah when recited by sheikh mishary rashid al-efasi.

Beblessed
08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
have u heard the voice of Ahmad bin Ali Al Ajmy ..MasHA'Allah.. SURA Al-Isra

http://www.freewebs.com/islamicworld01/holyquraan.htm

sena
08-20-2005, 08:36 PM
I love whole Quran..my favorite Surah Yaseen, Ayatul Kursi, Surah Nisa..

Umm Muslimah
08-20-2005, 09:03 PM
salaaam
i love the whole quran and i particularly like surah az Zumar especailly ayah 53-58

'say, "O my servants who have transgressed aginst themselves {by sining], do not despair of the mercy of allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the forgiving, the merciful."

and up to the end and the best reciter has to be 'Mohammed Almohaisny' mashaAllah he has the best voice i think and when he reads the quran he cries so much that u will cry with him. the quran is so beatiful especaily when u understand the meaning.

i got say whoever speaks the arabic lang is blessed.

salaam

Labaik Ya Allah
08-24-2005, 10:32 PM
i like surat al-a'la

Uthman
08-25-2005, 08:37 AM

029:041
The parable of those who take protectors other than Allah is that of the spider, who builds (to itself) a house; but truly the flimsiest of houses is the spider's house;- if they but knew.

Labaik Ya Allah
08-25-2005, 11:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
the thread title asks for Fav ayaah, not SURAH :)

okey then

يَا بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ اذْكُرُواْ نِعْمَتِيَ الَّتِي أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأَنِّي فَضَّلْتُكُمْ عَلَى الْعَالَمِينَ

2:47 Children of Israel! call to mind the (special) favour which I bestowed upon you, and that I preferred you to all other (for My Message).

Umm Safiya
09-01-2005, 11:10 AM

I can't really choose.. And I haven't been muslim for so long, so I can't remember so much ayah.

Surah an-Nahl ayah 16:

وَالْخَيْلَ وَالْبِغَالَ وَالْحَمِيرَ لِتَرْكَبُوهَا وَزِينَةً وَيَخْلُقُ مَا لاَ تَعْلَمُونَ

And (He has created) horses, mules, and donkeys, for you to ride and use for show; and He has created (other) things of which ye have no knowledge.

Zuko
09-01-2005, 09:49 PM

I love surat al-fajr and al-bayyinah... But my all-time favorite ayahs are these:

26. And none will bind as He will bind.
27. (It will be said to the pious): "O (you) the one in (complete) rest and satisfaction!
28. "Come back to your Lord, Well-pleased (yourself) and well-pleasing unto Him!
29. "Enter you, then, among My honoured slaves,
30. And enter you My Paradise!" :wilted_ro

Those verses, especially heard in Shuraim and Sudais' voices, makes me tear up...:'(:'(

Noor
09-02-2005, 02:27 AM
The Last three ayahs of surah Al-Hashr ( The Gathering ) are simply beautiful!

22. He is Allah besides Whom there is no god; the Knower of the unseen and the seen; He is the Beneficent, the Merciful

23. He is Allah, besides Whom there is no god; the King, the Holy, the Giver of peace, the Granter of security, Guardian over all, the Mighty, the Supreme, the Possessor of every greatness Glory be to Allah from what they set up (with Him).

24. He is Allah the Creator, the Maker, the Fashioner; His are the most excellent names; whatever is in the heavens and the earth declares His glory; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.

Salema
09-12-2005, 01:50 AM
My Favorite Surah Is Surah Yaseen-surah Burooj-surah Rahman-surah Wakiah-ayatul Kursi..n All Teh Quran Of Course..!

Din-al-Islam
09-14-2005, 10:20 AM
As-salâmu 'alaykum wa rahmatullâhi..

My favorite is Al-Ikhlas ... I really like it..

Ma'salâma..

patricia cross
09-14-2005, 02:34 PM
'' O people who believes save yourselves and your families from a fire whose fuel is men and stones, over which are appointed angels stern and severe, who disobey not, the commands of Allah, but do that which they are commanded (At-Tahrim) 66:6

patricia cross
09-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Say: " It is He Who Has created you, and made For you the faculties Of hearing, seeing and understanding: Little thanks it is ye give. (Al-Mulk) 67:23

minutes_until
09-27-2005, 06:42 PM
for me the best is not one ayah, but many.....read the end ayas of surat bakarah

ummbilal
10-01-2005, 02:24 AM
salaam alakum bros and sisters

Allhumdulilah the Quran is a wonderful blessing from Allah

my fav ayah is

Tabaraka Allahthi beyadhi al Mulk wa huwa ala kuli shain kadr

Blessed be He in whos hand is Dominion and He over all things Hath Power.

Forgive me if i've made any mistakes in the above,

Allhumdulilah an amazing ayah, Dominion? more than we could imagine, mashallah we are just like specs of dust, nothing compared to the creation of Allah.

Allah have mercy on us all.

Fatimab
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Subhannallah so true

Fatimab
10-12-2005, 10:25 AM
:):):)

Batoota
10-12-2005, 11:43 AM

Found a new aya!

2:268 The Evil one promises you poverty and bids you to conduct unseemly; and Allah promiseth you His forgiveness and bounties. And Allah careth for all and He knoweth all things.

edit: I meant a "different/new" aya to add to this thread!

Bass
10-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I don't have a favourite
cos I love all the surahs in da Quran Equally
salam

Idris
10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
I don't know about a favorite ayaah but i like Surah Mu'minon and Ar-Rahman :)

Sista_Faithful
10-13-2005, 10:03 PM
What is the life of this world but amusement and play? Verily, the home of the Hereafter, that is life indeed - if they but knew
(29:64)

Zuko
10-13-2005, 10:06 PM
And strain not your eyes in longing for the things We have given for enjoyment to various groups of them (polytheists and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah), the splendour of the life of this world that We may test them thereby. But the provision (good reward in the Hereafter) of your Lord is better and more lasting. (Surah Taha, Verse 131)

mawa
10-18-2005, 09:40 AM
mansha alah sis sumaya u are just like me
Ilove whole quran it is amasing and it is mucjisa subxanalaah try to listen this young
sheikh sunxanlaah it is so wonderful
http://www.islamway.com/?iw_s=Quran&iw_a=view&id=147

salehah
10-26-2005, 09:02 AM
"Wama Qadarullah a haqqa qadrehi.."
sooooo true.. will we ever??
this ayat brings tears in my eyes and makes my love for Allah grow ..
subhanAllah!

wasalaam

Samee
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Oh, where to start, where to start?

I love so many ayats. I can't just choose one. But I love the ones in my signature. So, I'll choose that :)

masood_a
11-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Assalam Alaikum,

Has anyone listened to Surah Hadid (57) and Surah Fajr (89) by Sa'd Al Ghamidi? The recitation is just beautiful.

WaSalaam

aysenil
11-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Alaikum Salaam sis and bro
my favourite surah is Ar-Rahman.
and ayath "inna lillahi ve inna ileyhi raciun"

MetSudaisTwice
11-24-2005, 11:04 AM
salam
one of my fave ayaah is
'subhana rabbika rabbil izzatil amma yasifoon wa salamun alal mursaleen walhamdu lillahi rabbil alameen'
am listening to it now by Sheikh Shuraim
mashallah
wasalam

Khadeejah
12-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,

Does anyone have a personal Favorite Surah/Ayah?

My personal Fav. Surah so far is Surah Al Fatiha and Ihklas

My Fav. Ayah is Ayah Al Kursi

Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa BAraakatu

hasib
12-05-2005, 01:00 AM

omg.. i have several.. :) below are some of my personal favourites.

(29:2-3) Do men think they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and they will not be tested? For sure we will test them as we have tested those who came before them, to show (them) the truthful of the honest and the liars in their falsehood."

"Surely in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find peace" Quran (13:28)

[86:15] As for them, they are but plotting a scheme.
[86:16] And I am planning A scheme.
[51:56] I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me

Quran (2:216) Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knows and ye know not

22:5 O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

Ever been to an old folks home?? Subhan'Allah the last verse 22:5 where Allah tells us that ye will know nothing after having known much makes me cry so much its unbelievable but i hold it back in public. Subhan'Allah may Allah guide us all: Ameen.

hasib
12-05-2005, 01:04 AM

Some of the ayats are so powerful they make you stop doing whatever you are doing and think if you are ready for a change in your life. How many times are we guilty of not doing something which we all know we should but are worried what others may think or etc along those lines.. Subhan'Allah, Allah tells us this below:

Quran (5:44) It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.

Quran (33:37) Behold! Thou didst say to one who had received the grace of Allah and thy favour: "Retain thou (in wedlock) thy wife, and fear Allah." But thou didst hide in thy heart that which Allah was about to make manifest: thou didst fear the people, but it is more fitting that thou shouldst fear Allah. Then when Zaid had dissolved (his marriage) with her, with the necessary (formality), We joined her in marriage to thee: in order that (in future) there may be no difficulty to the Believers in (the matter of) marriage with the wives of their adopted sons, when the latter have dissolved with the necessary (formality) (their marriage) with them. And Allah's command must be fulfilled.

Quran (33:39) (It is the practice of those) who preach the Messages of Allah, and fear Him, and fear none but Allah. And enough is Allah to call (men) to account.

Brothers & Sisters, plz forgive me if i've said anything to hurt you.

Mainul_Islam
12-05-2005, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khadeejah-Fatim

My personal Fav. Surah so far is Surah Al Fatiha and Ihklas

My Fav. Ayah is Ayah Al Kursi

ditto! :)

Khadeejah
12-05-2005, 01:23 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakatu,
YAAAAY......lol........I could listen to those two all day and recite......I liek others but those are my Fav.......Does any one have a fav recitor for the Ayahs and Surahs????? Just curious.....The first time I heard Al Fatiha I cried Alhumdulilah the reciter put sooo much emotion in the recitation.....Sadly i can no longer find him :( but its ok theyre many reciters eh.......Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraakatu

Maheen
12-05-2005, 01:52 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Personally, I like listening to the whole Quran..all of the surahs and ayahs are my favorites.But I do enjoy reading Surah Yaseen and Ar-Rahman. :)

Mainul_Islam
12-05-2005, 03:28 AM
sister Maheen i need to ask u something... can u clear ur inbox plz? (<-- thats not the Q)

wa alaikum assalaam

Maheen
12-05-2005, 04:42 AM
It is cleared

Mujahideen
12-08-2005, 09:15 PM
ma favourite surah has to be the 1 and only surah ikhlas. it gives me the strength to fight on coz it reminds me of Allahs infinite power

safwana
12-08-2005, 09:18 PM

my fav ayah is in surah walfajr the meaning is so beautifull? subhannalah

Mujahideen
12-09-2005, 05:27 PM
SALAAM did anyone hear Sheik Yahya hawwa recite surah Rahman. wow it is so wicked. i love the way he says which of your Lord's signs can you then deny

asma2
12-09-2005, 06:51 PM
last page of maryam(day

Halima
12-15-2005, 09:20 PM
Allah says, in the preceding verse: “And marry those among you who are single and the pious of your slaves and maid-servants. If they be poor, Allah will enrich them out of His grace. Allah is of ample means, Aware.” [ Sûrah al-Nûr : 32]
:sister:

TabTabiun
12-16-2005, 09:18 PM
As-Salaam WAlikum-I :loving: how Brother Sudais Sings Al-Quran Exspecially Al- Humazah....Ar-Rahman... And Al-Bayinnah...Just Thinking about it ....brings me to tears...Suphana Allah Rabbil Alaameen...If You Would like to hear more of his reciatations you can go to Quran.net...Inshallaah Taa'La.

TabTabiun
12-16-2005, 09:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ripa
SALAAM did anyone hear Sheik Yahya hawwa recite surah Rahman. wow it is so wicked. i love the way he says which of your Lord's signs can you then deny
As-Salaam WAlikum-Sister Ripa Can you please tell me where I Can Go To Hear This Sheikh?...Jazakha....

Sis_ReNa
12-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Salam walakum,
I know ... many have prob said this. but the whole Quran is my favoirt!:sister: Rena

TabTabiun
12-19-2005, 11:10 PM
:) .Oh..No Sister Rena I Do Not Have A Hard Time Saying That The Whole Quran Is My Favorite(Inshallah).Because I Love It Inshallah Because Allah SWT wrote it so it makes it is the best book of ALL.:coolsis: .:sister: .:)

samina1
12-20-2005, 12:43 AM
salam....
i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee da whole qurannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn alhumdoliha...

TabTabiun
12-23-2005, 09:09 PM
Al-Hamdiullah...

asma2
12-24-2005, 08:01 AM
last page of maryam is talking about day of judgement and listen so sh saeed ghamdi.also with the meaning would be better

SunniMuslimah
12-27-2005, 11:05 AM
"No Compulsion in Religion" (Qur'an 2:256)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
:) To know about Islam in general:
http://itolerance.4t.com/

:) To know about the 20 Most Common Questions about ISLAM:
http://20questions.4t.com/

Syed Hussain
12-31-2005, 01:17 AM
ASW
Alhamdulillah all the verses in the quran are beautiful but the best phrases are 'Kun Fayakun'- be and it is. this has very significance as it glorifies the power of Allah and what he can do whenever he wills. he can will to cure things or make them worse.
the ayas that make me contemplate the mosque and make me recite often are the first couple of ayats in surat al isra and also the last 10 ayats of surat abasa. it is scary and unthinkable and makes you think. everyone should recite it and look for its real meaning and subtext. everyone shall benefit from it inshallah.
ASW

Tilmeez
01-06-2006, 09:16 AM
"And Allah has never disappointed me when i asked Him" Sura Maryam

shariq_0189
01-15-2006, 11:56 PM
I really like Mohammed Al Mohasny's Suraah Qiyamah...listen to if u havent yet really nice. And Saood Shuraims Surah Mulk is amazing..the first two ayats.

aZn_pLayGurL
01-16-2006, 11:43 AM
SaLaamz aM in jUr bOaT...a LuB wHoLe *qURaaN PaaK** :)

Nawal89
01-16-2006, 02:02 PM
I love the last few ayats of surah alhashr, where it mentions alot of Allahs' names.
Also the one "And if we sent this Qur'an down on a mountain.. " i love that one.

sapphire
01-16-2006, 02:24 PM
the whole Quan is sooo nice to read subhanallah.......

Abu Zakariya
01-16-2006, 03:05 PM
I love sura ar-Rahman (the repetition of the verse "which of the blessings of your Lord will you deny" is so powerful), al-Adiyat (the oath by the horses and the mujahideen fighting for the sake of Allah and then the statement that human beings are ungrateful to their Lord and violent in their love of wealth brings me to tears), ash-Shams (the eloquence... it's amazing... I fell in love with this sura before I understood it's meaning because of the amazing eloquence... I spent the whole winter vacation last year memorizing and exploring it... I had an amazing spritual expirience during that period because of that and because of the lectures I had the chance to listen to).

I can't choose one sura. Some periods I like to listen to one particular sura, and other periods I listen exstensively to others...
Right now, I listen to these suras a lot and they are probably my favourite right now:

Suratul Qiyamah (recitation by al-Kanderi)

Some Muslims (may Allah reward them), managed to make subtitles to this video, inserting the Swedish translation of the Surah to the video (English and Bosnian subtitles may also be availible soon insha'Allah), so this is a great Daw'ah tool.
This surah is amazing. I mean, it describes the horror and panic of death and the Day of Judgement. Allah also warns the disbelievers (particularly Abu Jahl at the ending of the surah) and chills go down through your spine.
Somewhere in the middle, Allah also instructs the Prophet salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam about how to recieve the revelation and you are on a spiritual high imagining how Muhammad salallahu 'alayhi wa sallam recieved the revelation of the Most High.

Another favourite surah (currently) would be:

Suratul Mulk (recited by ibn Jibreen)

It is not easy being a Muslim in this day and age, particuatly not living in the West. We are being ridiculed for believing in our Creator and this surah streangthens ones Iman and gives one comfort in an amazing way.
I mean, just read this translation of the meaning, doesn't it give comfort when you just came home from a day of ridicule because of your willingnes to submit to your Creator:

7. When they are thrown into it, they hear from it a [dreadful] inhaling while it boils up.
8. It almost bursts with rage. Every time a company is thrown into it, its keepers ask them, "Did there not come to you a warner?"
9. They will say," Yes, a warner had come to us, but we denied and said, 'Allāh has not sent down anything. You are not but in great error.' "
10. And they will say, "If only we had been listening or reasoning, we would not be among the companions of the Blaze."
11. And they will admit their sin, so [it is] alienation for the companions of the Blaze.
12. Indeed, those who fear their Lord unseen will have forgiveness and great reward.

Also, this sura makes you fear Allah and gives you a motivation to do good deeds and come closer to Him and ask Him to give you Paradise. You never now what state you will die in.
Here's a translation: http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=120&chapter=67

And the third surah:

Suratul Anfal (recitation by Naser al-Qattami)

English translation

Amazing! You listen to it and you are reminded of what it means to submit to your Creator, most High. You realize that there is nothing better than submission to Him and you want to go out and fight for His cause agaisnt oppression. Just listen to it folks!

EDIT:
Also, suratul Isra is unbeliavable. I know it is from Allah because it is as if the author of this chapter looked into my heart and expressed my feelings about God and life in this sura.
I simply refuse to believe that a person living in the desert 1400 years ago could write this.

- Qatada -
01-16-2006, 03:14 PM
:salamext:

Is there any Reward for Good - other than Good? (55:60)

That no bearer of burden shall bear the burden of another-

That man can have nothing but what he strives for;

That (the fruit of) his striving will soon come in sight:

Then shall he be rewarded for it with the fullest reward-

(53: 38-41)

Surah Najm is a really powerful surah/chapter..

:wasalamex

Umar001
01-22-2006, 11:43 AM
Ipersonally have these to ayahs:

Surah Al Baqra, surah 2 aya 18, Deaf, Dumb and Blind so they do not return (to the straight path)

and

Surah An Anbiya surah 21 aya 107, I dont know the proper english transletion, I can just say it, I love it, so so much.

plus

Surah 28 aya 56, about Allah guiding and not the prophet, peace be upon him.

nurul3eyn
01-29-2006, 11:37 PM
salam aleikum
I love surah Al-Ikhlas and..Ayatul Kursi..beautiful
Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Rahiim

Qul Hu-wallaahu 'Ahad;

Allaahus-Samad;

Lam yalid, wa lam yuulad;

Walam yakul-la-Huu kufuwan 'ahad

Purity

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: He is Allah, the One!

Allah, the eternally Besought of all!

He begot not nor was begotten.

And there is none comparable unto Him

Bahja
01-30-2006, 12:06 AM

The last two verses of surah baqarah are my favoite ayaat.
I love reading reading Surah Towbah and Yusuf too.

285. . The Messenger (Muhammad ) believes in what has been sent down to him from his Lord, and (so do) the believers. Each one believes in Allâh, His Angels, His Books, and His Messengers. They say, "We make no distinction between one another of His Messengers" - and they say, "We hear, and we obey. (We seek) Your Forgiveness, our Lord, and to You is the return (of all)."

286. Allâh burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maulâ (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."

sshuraimno1fan
01-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Surah Ad Doekhaan(Haa meem) by Ibrahim al Jibrien such a wondaful reciter

mizan_aliashraf
01-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Salam
Suratul-Haaqqah (The Reality)
It has a very powerful meaning and describes the yawmul-qiyaamah in very graphic detail and it brings tears to the eyes
Wassalam

fantaxxy_moon
01-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Every person reads Qu'ran, but sometimes you find yourself in need to read a special Su'rah, so what is it?, and how do u feel after reading it....
for example, when i feel bored or angry or miserable or sometimes happy, i feel in the need to read su'rah " Yassin", when i read it i feel relaxed after it...and as i know that when u are n some difficulties or something you can read su'rah " Yassin " and ask Allah to help you....
that's what i usually do..., it makes me feel to relaxed...
umm, so what about you?, what about the Surah that appeals most to you and to your needs, ?, and why?
thanks, shimaa....

mizan_aliashraf
01-31-2006, 02:03 PM
Salams
Surah ad-Dukhaan - The Smoke
Wassalam

Ghazi
01-31-2006, 02:07 PM
Salaam

Surat 'Zilzaal'

fantaxxy_moon
01-31-2006, 02:10 PM
well , but u didn't say why it appeals to you, i want to know your reason...:happy:
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Surat 'Zilzaal'

fantaxxy_moon
01-31-2006, 02:12 PM
well, but you didn't say why it appeals to you , i want to know your reasons...:happy:
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Salams
Surah ad-Dukhaan - The Smoke
Wassalam

papa_smurf
01-31-2006, 02:24 PM
Its gotta be, surah jinn for me

Ghazi
01-31-2006, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
Salaam

Surat 'Zilzaal'
Salaam

Cause I think of the numbar of Earthquakes that happen, and remind me of the earthquake in pakistan as one women thought judgment day was here.

FatimaAsSideqah
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
My best surah recite are:

Ayat al-Kursi (The Throne Verse)

In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
Allah! There is no god but He -- the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most
High, the Supreme (in glory).

:sister: :thankyou:

fantaxxy_moon
02-01-2006, 01:53 PM
assalamo alikom dear sister,
there is another thread like this and still going on, from yesterday, thanks, bye bye
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah

My respected sisters and brothers, the whole Al-quraan Al-kariim is great...and we all surly enjoy listening or recitation. I'd like to know, if there're some special suura(s) or aayaat..you usually play it or even read it.

I love suurat Maryam, specially the first page..No day passes by without listening to it specially with the voice of Abdirihman Al-sudays...such a beautiful ayat subxana Allah....

Its Your turn ...

Baaraka Allahu Fiikum

Sharifa
02-01-2006, 01:54 PM
These ayah's Are my abo----e Faviorte to me it has a special meaning behind it, It always brings tears to me eye's.

41. O ye who believe! Celebrate the praises of Allah, and do this often;

42. And glorify Him morning and evening.

43. He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers.

44. Their salutation on the Day they meet Him will be "Peace!"; and He has prepared for them a generous Reward.

45. O Prophet! Truly We have sent thee as a Witness, a Bearer of Glad Tidings, and Warner,-

46. And as one who invites to Allah.s (grace) by His leave, and as a lamp spreading light.

47. Then give the Glad Tidings to the Believers, that they shall have from Allah a very great Bounty.

Surah Tul Ahzab

anis_z24
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Salam
I love all surahs. But the one that stands out with me is Surat Albaqaraa.
I don't know why it seems to have a special relationship with me. Trust me I am not crazy, I really feel this. Sun7an Allah

Nawal89
02-02-2006, 03:39 PM
I was reading surah Nur the other day..Subhanallah thats one beautiful surah.

M H Kahn
02-03-2006, 10:28 AM
Rivalry for Avarice

That mutual rivalry of humans for avarice
In its destiny punishment in hereafter carries,
God - the Merciful - to us kindly precautions
Not to carry the rivalry to the tomb stations;
And for those still not have returned from race
Angrily the Merciful has ordained His disgrace!

Those in the hereafter who are still unwise
Shall be stationed far away from paradise.
They shall find the hell their abode for ever,
And be questioned for their mundane favour.
Let this Surah be favourite the most to us
To lead us to the paradise the most precious!

-----------------------------------------
[Following the contents of At-Thakathur]

M H Kahn
02-03-2006, 10:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zAk
^ wats tht ? :?
surah / ayah ? :?
The poem is in following the Surah 'At -Thakathur' wherein man has been warned by Allah that those who compete for riches upto the grave shall find their abode in the hell.

Nabal12
02-04-2006, 03:10 AM
I'm sure alot of people agree about Ayat Al-qursi being one of the best, and so do I. I say it in my head before everything...before I sleep, before I do a test, during salaah. I also like Surah Al-ma'oun. I first had to learn its meaning in grade 3, and its been stuck in my head ever since.

M H Kahn
02-04-2006, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nabal12
I'm sure alot of people agree about Ayat Al-qursi being one of the best, and so do I. I say it in my head before everything...before I sleep, before I do a test, during salaah. I also like Surah Al-ma'oun. I first had to learn its meaning in grade 3, and its been stuck in my head ever since.

This verse clearly delineates the paramount attributes of Allah-the Living, the Eternal- Whom neither slumbers nor sleeps overtakes and to Him belongs all that is in the Heavens and the Earth.

It should be one of the favourite ayahs of all Muslims to be recited day and night in remembrance of Allah .:hiding:

nurul3eyn
02-04-2006, 03:49 AM
This surat is one of the best masha'allah beautiful...

He is Allah--there is no diety but Him. He is the Knower of the Unseen and the Visible. He is the All-Merciful, the Most merciful. He is Allah--there is no deity but Him. He is the King, the Most Pure, the Perfect Peace, the Trustworthy, the Safeguarder, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Supremely Great. Glory be to Allah above all they associate with Him. He is Allah--the Creator, the Maker, the Giver of Form. To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names. Everything in the heavens and Earth glorifies Him. He is the Almighty, the All-Wise. (Surat al-Hashr, 22-24)

shanu
02-05-2006, 11:32 PM
I like surah yaseen for now becos the voice of the recitor is sooo nice i wish to recite like him. The melody is so beautiful . i like surah al ikhlaas, for some reason, and al nas and al falaq becos in the way they rhyme, so beautiful :D
i write down the recitor of of yaseen, you should listen to it well they put the name as shaikh x, if you cant get it, pls mail me or add me at msn messenger, ill send it to u:) its that beautiful!!!

Ibrar
02-11-2006, 11:17 AM
I enjoy listening and reading surat-ul-Rahman.
specially the lines (THEN WHICH OF THE FAVOURS OF YOUR LORD WILL YOU DENY)?.
I feel very peaceful when I read this surat.

maryam (",)
02-14-2006, 07:57 PM
def sura yusuf
recitation of it by shuraim is excellent...mashallah

The Ruler
02-14-2006, 08:02 PM
i like surah al waqe'ah n also sura ya seen :)

abdul Majid
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
http://www.nzmuslim.net/modules.php?...e=index&page=5

AL QADR, AL MA&#218;N.....LISTEN TO THEM HEAR,THEY ARE SHORT, GIVE IT A TRY

Saifadin_Qutuz
02-15-2006, 11:16 PM
yes!

yasin and 7ijr, I hope I spelled it right :)

wafa islam
02-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Asalamu alaykum wa rahmat 'Ullahi wa barakatoh...

There are sooo many soorahs i like. I enjoy listening to Shaykh Abdurahman As-Sudays reading the three last ayahs of Soorat Al-Hashr, and I also enjoy listening to ayah number 35 of Soorat Al-Ahzab, and also ayah number 42-48 of the same soorah.

I love to listen to Ayat-Al- Kursi, soorah Baqarah, and i also love soorah Al-Mo'minoon ayah 1-11

Wa alykum asalam

julie sarri
02-25-2006, 05:09 PM
asalam every one inshaallah i love the whole quran its wouderful meaning and inportent message to mankind i read it from beging to end then start over again:statisfie

FatimaAsSideqah
03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
I like Sura 16 - An-Nahl (The Bee)

It is Allah Who creates you

And takes your souls at death;

And of you there are

Some who are sent back

To a feeble age, so that

They know nothing after

Having known (much):

Inshallah...:w:

Fatima :sister:
For Allah is All-Knowing,

All-Powerful.

FatimaAsSideqah
03-01-2006, 05:10 PM
OOPS my mistake!

It is Allah Who creates you

And takes your souls at death;

And of you there are

Some who are sent back

To a feeble age, so that

They know nothing after

Having known (much):

For Allah is All-Knowing,

All-Powerful.

From Fatima...sorry!

Maimunah
03-09-2006, 08:56 PM
i love this ayah!!
it reminds me that allah is calling me to paradise while i bussy maself in this dunya

suraa yunus
ayaa 25 "And Allah invites to the abode of peace and guides whom He pleases into the right path"
salaam

------
03-12-2006, 01:38 PM
I :love: all of the Qur'an it is beautiful...

But if I had to choose a Favourite Surah it would be Surah Yaseen

alitheislamian
03-17-2006, 03:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pagal Kuri
I :love: all of the Qur'an it is beautiful...

But if I had to choose a Favourite Surah it would be Surah Yaseen
:sl: Surah yaseen I agree with u. I have learnt it by heart but i now have forgotten it a bit . bro and sis pray for me so that I may learn it perfectly again. Ameen

khaledmm123
03-24-2006, 03:45 PM
my favarate surah is sure rahmaan and sure waqiyah.
mr fav ayah is sure baqarah aya 185 wa iza saalaka ibadi...........
....yarshudoon. and wama arsalnaka .............aalameen.

mizan_aliashraf
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
Salam
One of my favourites is surah qaaf
Basically, i like all the surahs that mention qiyaamah and jannah/naar. These really make me think.
Wassalam

FatimaAsSideqah
03-26-2006, 01:56 AM
as-salaam alaykum

What your favourite of Surah and why?

My favourite surah is Surah Qiyamah

1. Nay, I swear by the Day of Resurrection;

2. Nay, I swear by the accusing soul (that this Scripture is true).

3. Thinketh man that We shall not assemble his bones ?

4. Yea, verily. We are Able to restore his very fingers!

5. But man would fain deny what is before him.

6. He asketh: When will be this Day of Resurrection ?

7. But when sight is confounded

8. And the moon is eclipsed

9. And sun and moon are united,

10. On that day man will cry: Whither to flee!

11. Alas! No refuge!

12. Unto thy Lord is the recourse that day.

13. On that day man is told the tale of that which he hath sent before and left behind.

14. Oh, but man is a telling witness against himself,

15. Although he tender his excuses.

16. Stir not thy tongue herewith to hasten it.

17. Lo! upon Us (resteth) the putting together thereof and the reading thereof.

18. And when We read it, follow thou the reading;

19. Then lo! upon Us (resteth) the explanation thereof.

20. Nay, but ye do love the fleeting Now

21. And neglect the Hereafter.

22. That day will faces be resplendent,

23. Looking toward their Lord;

24. And that day will other faces be despondent,

25. Thou wilt know that some great disaster is about to fall on them.

26. Nay, but when the life cometh up to the throat

27. And men say: Where is the wizard (who can save him now) ?

28. And he knoweth that it is the parting;

29. And agony is heaped on agony;

30. Unto thy Lord that day will be the driving.

31. For he neither trusted, nor prayed.

32. But he denied and flouted.

33. Then went he to his folk with glee.

34. Nearer unto thee and nearer,

35. Again nearer unto thee and nearer (is the doom).

36. Thinketh man that he is to be left aimless ?

37. Was he not a drop of fluid which gushed forth ?

38. Then he became a clot; then (Allah) shaped and fashioned

39. And made of him a pair, the male and female.

40. Is not He (Who doeth so) Able to bring the dead to life ?

My reason of this because it make me more aware of coming near death and make me to practice Islam even more than ever before! Make me feels more to closer to Allah!
ALLAHU AKBAR
wa-salaam alaykum

abdul Majid
03-26-2006, 03:50 AM
Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi

1. Lam yakuni allatheena kafaroo min ahli alkitabi waalmushrikeena munfakkeena hatta ta/tiyahumu albayyinatu

2. Rasoolun mina Allahi yatloo suhufan mutahharatan

3. Feeha kutubun qayyimatun

4. Wama tafarraqa allatheena ootoo alkitaba illa min baAAdi ma jaat-humu albayyinatu

5. Wama omiroo illa liyaAAbudoo Allaha mukhliseena lahu alddeena hunafaa wayuqeemoo alssalata wayu/too alzzakata wathalika deenu alqayyimati

6. Inna allatheena kafaroo min ahli alkitabi waalmushrikeena fee nari jahannama khalideena feeha ola-ika hum sharru albariyyati

7. Inna allatheena amanoo waAAamiloo alssalihati ola-ika hum khayru albariyyati

8. Jazaohum AAinda rabbihim jannatu AAadnin tajree min tahtiha al-anharu khalideena feeha abadan radiya Allahu AAanhum waradoo AAanhu thalika liman khashiya rabbahu

FatimaAsSideqah
03-28-2006, 12:04 AM
as-salaam alaykum

002.AL-BAQARA.023
And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides God, if your (doubts) are true.

wa-salaam alaykum

M H Kahn
03-28-2006, 12:28 AM
How are these verses?

Who has a better Deen (way of life or religion) than the one who is a Muslim (submits himself entirely) to Allah, does good to others and follows the faith of Ibrãhïm (Abraham) the upright one, whom Allah chose to be His friend?[4:125]

O believers! Stand firm for justice and bear true witness for the sake of Allah, even though it be against yourselves, your parents or your relatives. It does not matter whether the party is rich or poor - Allah is well wisher of both. So let not your selfish desires swerve you from justice. If you distort your testimony or decline to give it, then you should remember that Allah is fully aware of your actions.[4:135]

faisalfaz
04-04-2006, 07:25 PM
saLam sis MusLima N EVERY1
abt Mary chapter
its the most chapter that has the name AL RAHMAN in it
and that is a name n a discription that every1 Loves in anything

i reaLLy go to another worLd when i read AL Esra'a chapter
speciaLLy becauz of the verses of being thankfuL:wa kan sa3yokom mashkoraa
and abt asking God to mercy our parents as they raisd us when we were chiLdren

aLso AL FAJr chapter for the ending it has(if i pray 3isha with ppL hearing me,,they'r gona notice i sound funny @ the end
cauz,,im crying

the verses @ the end of surat aL mo2minoon r touching to me
since my mom taught them to me
and they were the Last thing is recited to her ear,,b4 she passed away
TO HEAVEN
inshaLLAH

laylatul qadar
04-05-2006, 06:30 AM
u should love all the quran and not just 1 or2 ayahs or surahs coz it's all allah's words in the end.

ummnasr
04-05-2006, 06:34 AM
Great topic myn would have to be surah yusuf Marshaa allah

alafasy
04-06-2006, 04:57 AM
aslam o alaikum warahmatullah
great topic sis
my favourite ayah is of surah qaaf ayat no#30 it takes tears to my eyes i always recite this ayt while praying tahajjud .
plz pray for me so tthat allah forgive me and give me taufeeq to be a good muslim.
wa alaikum salam

amirah_87
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
salaams bruv's and sis's

my fav would have to be quite a few
mu'minuun (recitation of maahir al-mu'aygily)
maryam (recitation of shuraim....check this one out)
al-anbiyaa ( r:maahir)
yusuf (r;shuraim)
an-nisaa ( r: sa'ad al-ghaamadi)

i could go on and on but i'll stop for now :):):):)

Slave of Rehman
04-07-2006, 09:50 AM
Aslaam-o-Alikum Sisters and Brothers in Islam!
well Allah (s.w.t) is revealed the whole quran for us and commanded us to read it, love it, hold it and epliment in ur life.
so Quran is the way of Our Life.
all Quran's surrah's are lovely but some of them i daily Recite it coz i love them.
that is: Surrah Yaseen, Surrah Ar-Rehman and Surrah Al-Muzammil in the voice of Ahmed Al-Ajmy.
Oh my Allah (s.w.t) Mashallah wot a lovely voice of the man, i really love in it.
Jazakalalh

Hussam
04-12-2006, 10:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice
my favourite ayahs are:

Which then of the bounties of your Lord will you deny?
Surah Ar-Rahman

Thats my favorite too...it seems to be a common favorite

broth3r Ali
04-13-2006, 06:14 PM
salaam

surah yasin subhanAllah!:thumbs_up

Surah Yassin (36)

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:
'Whoever recited Surrah Yassin at night seeking Allah's pleasure, Allah would forgive him'

Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) said:
"Whoever recited Surrah Yassin would seem (in terms of reward) as if he had recited the Qur'an ten times."

Surah ad Dukhan (44)

Ibn Masud (may Allah be pleased with him) said, 'The 'ha-meems' are the embellishment of the Qur'an

The 'ha-meems' refer to the seven Surrahs which have ha-meem at the start.

i learnt it by off by heart a while back!

Pure Imaan
04-13-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
In Surah AL-MUMENOON chapter number 23 verse number 62

http://www.islamicoutlet.com/islamic...uran/23_62.gif

"On no soul do We place a burden greater than it can bear: before Us is a record which clearly shows the truth: they will never be wronged. "

I like this one. It's very refreshing:)
This is my favourite as well, so whatever situation i am goin thru i always rememba this and it helps me get thru, it has helped on so many occasions

extinction
04-13-2006, 06:23 PM
I like the one ayah on the 1st page of 22nd juz ..innal muslimeena wal muslimaati wal mumineena wal muminaati wall qanitina wal qanitaati till the end..

Hussam
04-13-2006, 10:58 PM

This one is simple,...but can you imagine hearing it in the akhira....gives me goosebumps

89:30 "Yea, enter thou My Heaven!

Waodkhulee jannatee

Maimunah
04-13-2006, 10:59 PM
i love the whole quraan

broth3r Ali
04-14-2006, 12:28 PM
^^^ MASHALLAH!^^^ :thumbs_up

Maham
04-15-2006, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hussam

Thats my favorite too...it seems to be a common favorite

Yeah, I love that Surah too .. its so powerful and beautiful.

NahidSarvy
04-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Sûratu l-Qâri'a is lovely; I like the Murattal-style recitation by Hajjah Maria Ulfa.

*noor
04-15-2006, 03:26 PM
Bismillahirrahmanirraheem

Surah Al Baqarah

153- Ye who believe! seek help with patient perseverance and prayer: for Allah is with those who patiently persevere.

This aayah should be a lesson for all of us because most of us are usually not patient. What we need to do is put our full trust in Allah (Subhanahu wataalah) and be patient.

M H Kahn
04-15-2006, 03:43 PM
I feel we bear these verses in our mind:

3:144 Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels?

2:136 Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

4:125 Who can be better in religion than one who submits his whole self to God, does good, and follows the way of Abraham the true in Faith? For God did take Abraham for a friend.

ummnasr
04-16-2006, 12:48 AM
one of the best surah would have to be Al- Buruj (the big stars)
please find the tasfeer of this surah there are a few ahadith that are directly related to this in particular the ayah 'Qutila 'as-habul-'ukhdood'
( cursed were the people of the ditch ( in the story of the boy and the king),
The believers before the time of the prophet muhammad (SAW), who were told that they were to disbelieve in Allah, or they would be thrown into the trench of fire, from the orders of the king in that time, so every believer that believed in Allah alone, threw themselves into the trench, the story continues to a woman who was about to also jump in but hesitated as she had a newborn baby in her arms, when miraculously by the will of allah the baby spoke to her and told her not to fear, as Allah has given you glad tidings of paradise, her told her to jump for you are on the haqq
Subhanallah
There is another story that goes along with it about a man whom could not be killed the same king tried killing this man, in every way imaginable ( because he believed in Allah Alone), until the man being killed said the only way for you to kill me is to draw a ( sword or arrow) and when striking it say "in the name of Allah" this is the only way i can be killed, and he was killed in this way, that is what led the people to believe so strongly in Allah to throw themselves into the trench of fire.
(The previous story)
I have just given you a rough idea of the meaning behind one ayah of this beautiful surah, please go and find the whole tasfeer as it is so moving, subhanallah its only one beautiful ayah that has so much benefit for all :sl:

NJUSA
04-17-2006, 04:18 PM
My favorite surah? The one that I'm about to read. My second favorite surah? The one I last read.

salafiah
04-20-2006, 04:36 PM
i love surrah bayinah. Mashallah

Starseeker
04-20-2006, 04:37 PM
surah rahman is my fav because of the repitition ayas and so it was easy to learn.

*noor
04-23-2006, 11:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarah999
surah rahman is my fav because of the repitition ayas and so it was easy to learn.

Surah Rahman- thats the most forgiving surah...............inshallah on day of Qiyaamah Allah will recite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres another reason to love it.

*noor
04-23-2006, 11:06 PM
i dont have one favorite surah or aayah but one that i read a lot is aayat al Kursi.

it protects against shaytan............so read it anytime and inshallah shaytan will stay away from you and Allah will help you.

alafasy
04-24-2006, 02:33 PM
aslam o alaikum warahmatullah brothers and sisters
my favourite ayat is yaaooma naqoolo lijahnnama halimtalaty wataqoolo hal mim mazeed
every time when i read it i start crying
this ayat is in surah qaaf
yes one more thing i like this surah in the voice of sheikh abdul rehman al sudais
wa alaikum salam

DigitalStorm82
04-25-2006, 05:47 PM
Quran Chapter 32 Sajda prostration Beautiful Recitation Must See! - Google Video

Try this link... you'll fall in love with his voice!

hissa
04-25-2006, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nurofislam
Surah Rahman- thats the most forgiving surah...............inshallah on day of Qiyaamah Allah will recite it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres another reason to love it.
Surah Rahman is my fave surah.. and this is definitely one reason why I love to listen to it.

Hamba Allah
04-28-2006, 04:03 PM
My favourite surah is the Laila Tul Qa'da

Silver
04-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Everything in the Coran is great but my fave Sourah is al-Rahman.I love it,the words,the rhymes,everything...

zircon
04-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Al-Hasyr!!

chacha_jalebi
04-29-2006, 11:55 PM
mashallah, me liks d whole Quran, but in particuliar, Surah Nasr - Idhaa Jaa .. bcos b4 wen i woz un islamic, sum man bless his socks, used 2 recite dis surah alwyz 2 me in my dream!!! also surah Ikhlas, Rahman, Kahf, and Nas oo and Kaafireen, Qul Ya Aiyuhal Kafiroon, jus purely unmatchable!! mashallah:)

*noor
04-29-2006, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lara
Everything in the Coran is great but my fave Sourah is al-Rahman.I love it,the words,the rhymes,everything...

yeah......i love surah Rahman too.

chacha_jalebi
04-30-2006, 12:00 AM
ya Surah Rahman is class, Ar Rahmaan, Allamal quran khalaqal insaan, almahul bayaan, ashamsu wal qamaru bihusbaan .... n especially wen it keep sayin fabi ayyi alaa e rabbi ki ma ku kazzi baan dat givs u d shivers!!!

saidaharther
05-19-2006, 09:01 PM
i love listening to surah fatiha by sheikh abdullah matrood, very nice
also i like surat taha, very nic lessons and even surah yusuf
i like the whole quran, but they are my favourite :)

DAWUD_adnan
06-12-2006, 04:20 PM
my favourite is surah TA HA when Allah(SWT) speaks to Musa(as)
and another one Surah Ar-Rahmann

Malaikah
06-22-2006, 10:33 AM

AlaysAllahu bi a7hkamil-7haakimeen [95:8]

"Is not Allah the best of judges" :)

samina1
06-22-2006, 11:43 PM
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE THIS SURAH CALLED ZALZALA, N WAIT LET ME LOOK FOR A WEB WHER U CAN ACTUALLY HEAR DA SURAH.. AH BLESS I LOV WHN I LISTEN 2 THIS SURAH.. i feel like flyin... :D

habiibti
06-23-2006, 01:11 AM
suratul mohammed.wow it just bring joy to me.and suratul yusuf,its very lovely of cause recited by Abdullahi madrood.

fantaxxy_moon
06-29-2006, 04:38 AM
surah mariam is very nice :-)

DAWUD_adnan
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
TA HA is my favourite!
brings me to tears
subhanAllah

Malaikah
07-02-2006, 05:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fantaxxy_moon
surah mariam is very nice :-)

i second that, i love that chapter mashaallah

mano_the_cat
07-02-2006, 11:31 AM
All surahs of the Holy Quran are lovely ... the one i love the most is surah Rahman.

Fishman
07-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Al-Zalzalah makes shivers run up my spine.

Sunflower
07-02-2006, 11:36 AM
surah alkahf and yaseen are the ones i love to hear the most

afriend
07-02-2006, 11:40 AM
Surah Mu'minun.....:thumbs_up

My sig and avatar says it all ;) ;D

DAWUD_adnan
07-02-2006, 11:51 AM
[20:11] When he came to it, he was called, "O, Moses.

[20:12] "I am your Lord; remove your sandals. You are in the sacred valley, Tuwaa.

[20:13] "I have chosen you, so listen to what is being revealed.

[20:14] "I am Allah ; there is no other god beside Me. You shall worship Me alone, and observe the Contact Prayers (Salat) to remember Me.

[20:15] "The Hour (end of the world) is surely coming; I will keep it almost hidden, for each soul must be paid for its works.
[20:16] "Do not be diverted therefrom by those who do not believe in it - those who pursue their own opinions - lest you fall.

SubhanAllah makes me CRY!

Hijrah
07-06-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't have a favorite but these are the verses I ponder over the most...

Luqman

O my dear son! Lo! though it be but the weight of a grain of mustard-seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens, or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Lo! Allah is Subtile, Aware.
O my dear son! Establish worship and enjoin kindness and forbid iniquity, and persevere whatever may befall thee. Lo! that is of the steadfast heart of things.
Turn not thy cheek in scorn toward folk, nor walk with pertness in the land. Lo! Allah loveth not each braggart boaster.
Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice. Lo! the harshest of all voices is the voice of the ass.

life
07-06-2006, 05:01 AM
surah al-rahman is my favorite......

muslim_friend
07-06-2006, 05:12 AM
Surah Al-Baqarah by Shk.Sudais :brother:

thahira
07-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Salam to everybody

I just wanted what is your fav surah? Mine I like Surah Al-Fatihah as this surah is start of every prayers.....

Wassalam

Kittygyal
07-28-2006, 02:29 PM
don't know any :mad:

- Qatada -
07-28-2006, 02:32 PM

The Threads have been merged together, because there was already a thread like this.

:wasalamex

Ameen_Ebrahim
07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Surat Luqmaan is really nice especially the Aayaas in which Luqmaan (Alaihissalaam) gave advice to his son and Surat Al Maryam is really nice too.

Mezier
07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
ever since last semester when i heard one of my friends recited surah Al-A`alaa (The Most High, 87) during Jumaa, ive loved it. he said it so beautifully. then i went home and looked up the english translation and got one of my most favourite verses from that surah:
87:14 Successful indeed is the one who redeems his soul.

Serene
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Asslamu Alikum everyone,

I hope this finds you all in good health. I have been thinking about this for some time now. Every one of us relates to one verse, or some verses, or even a certain sura one way or another. This may be due to a variet of reasons. Please, do spare us a couple of minutes to share with all of us your most favourite (if I may say so) verse or saura. It is the one when you hear, you feel like it is yours.As some of you may have known by now that there is an ongoing research on the translation of Qur'an, and who knows this can be very useful for the research.

Jazakum Allah khayran

ameen
08-14-2006, 06:41 AM
as-salamu'alaikum,

I think Surah 56 - Al-Waqiah ('The Event / Inevitable') is my favourite Surah, because it's a short summary of the nature of the Afterlife - for the Good, the Bad, and the Best people...

'The Event / Inevitable'

1. When the Event inevitable cometh to pass,

2. Then will no (soul) entertain falsehood concerning its coming.

3. (Many) will it bring low; (many) will it exalt;

4. When the earth shall be shaken to its depths,

5. And the mountains shall be crumbled to atoms,

6. Becoming dust scattered abroad,

7. And ye shall be sorted out into three classes.

8. Then (there will be) the Companions of the Right Hand;- What will be the Companions of the &#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;Right Hand?

9. And the Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?

10. And those Foremost (in Faith) will be Foremost (in the Hereafter).

11. These will be those Nearest to Allah.

12. In Gardens of Bliss:

13. A number of people from those of old,

14. And a few from those of later times.

15. (They will be) on Thrones encrusted (with gold and precious stones),

16. Reclining on them, facing each other.

17. Round about them will (serve) youths of perpetual (freshness),

18. With goblets, (shining) beakers, and cups (filled) out of clear-flowing fountains:

19. No after-ache will they receive therefrom, nor will they suffer intoxication:

20. And with fruits, any that they may select:

21. And the flesh of fowls, any that they may desire.

22. And (there will be) Companions with wide, lovely eyes,-

23. Like unto Pearls well-guarded.

24. A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).

25. Not frivolity will they hear therein, nor any taint of ill,-

26. Only the saying, "Peace! Peace".

27. The Companions of the Right Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Right Hand?

28. (They will be) among Lote-trees without thorns,

29. Among Talh trees with flowers (or fruits) piled one above another,-

30. In shade long-extended,

31. By water flowing constantly,

32. And fruit in abundance.

33. Whose season is not limited, nor (supply) forbidden,

34. And on Thrones (of Dignity), raised high.

35. We have created (their Companions) of special creation.

36. And made them virgin - pure (and undefiled), -

37. Beloved (by nature), equal in age,-

38. For the Companions of the Right Hand.

39. A (goodly) number from those of old,

40. And a (goodly) number from those of later times.

41. The Companions of the Left Hand,- what will be the Companions of the Left Hand?

42. (They will be) in the midst of a Fierce Blast of Fire and in Boiling Water,

43. And in the shades of Black Smoke:

44. Nothing (will there be) to refresh, nor to please:

45. For that they were wont to be indulged, before that, in wealth (and luxury),

46. And persisted obstinately in wickedness supreme!

47. And they used to say, "What! when we die and become dust and bones, shall we then &#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;indeed be raised up again?-

48. "(We) and our fathers of old?"

49. Say: "Yea, those of old and those of later times,

50. "All will certainly be gathered together for the meeting appointed for a Day well-known.

51. "Then will ye truly,- O ye that go wrong, and treat (Truth) as Falsehood!-

52. "Ye will surely taste of the Tree of Zaqqum.

53. "Then will ye fill your insides therewith,

54. "And drink Boiling Water on top of it:

55. "Indeed ye shall drink like diseased camels raging with thirst!"

56. Such will be their entertainment on the Day of Requital!

57. It is We Who have created you: why will ye not witness the Truth?

58. Do ye then see?- The (human Seed) that ye throw out,-

59. Is it ye who create it, or are We the Creators?

60. We have decreed Death to be your common lot, and We are not to be frustrated

61. from changing your Forms and creating you (again) in (forms) that ye know not.

62. And ye certainly know already the first form of creation: why then do ye not celebrate His &#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;praises?

63. See ye the seed that ye sow in the ground?

64. Is it ye that cause it to grow, or are We the Cause?

65. Were it Our Will, We could crumble it to dry powder, and ye would be left in wonderment,

66. (Saying), "We are indeed left with debts (for nothing):

67. "Indeed are we shut out (of the fruits of our labour)"

68. See ye the water which ye drink?

69. Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?

70. Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?
71. See ye the Fire which ye kindle?

72. Is it ye who grow the tree which feeds the fire, or do We grow it?

73. We have made it a memorial (of Our handiwork), and an article of comfort and convenience &#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;for the denizens of deserts.

74. Then celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme!

75. Furthermore I call to witness the setting of the Stars,-

76. And that is indeed a mighty adjuration if ye but knew,-

77. That this is indeed a qur'an Most Honourable,

78. In Book well-guarded,

79. Which none shall touch but those who are clean:

80. A Revelation from the Lord of the Worlds.

81. Is it such a Message that ye would hold in light esteem?

82. And have ye made it your livelihood that ye should declare it false?

83. Then why do ye not (intervene) when (the soul of the dying man) reaches the throat,-

84. And ye the while (sit) looking on,-

85. But We are nearer to him than ye, and yet see not,-

86. Then why do ye not,- If you are exempt from (future) account,-

87. Call back the soul, if ye are true (in the claim of independence)?

88. Thus, then, if he be of those Nearest to Allah,

89. (There is for him) Rest and Satisfaction, and a Garden of Delights.

90. And if he be of the Companions of the Right Hand,

91. (For him is the salutation), "Peace be unto thee", from the Companions of the Right Hand.

92. And if he be of those who treat (Truth) as Falsehood, who go wrong,

93. For him is Entertainment with Boiling Water.

94. And burning in Hell-Fire.

95. Verily, this is the Very Truth and Certainly.

96. So celebrate with praises the name of thy Lord, the Supreme.

&#160;

Serene
08-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Asslamu Alikum,

The last fifteen verses, from sura No. 25 Al-Furqan (the Criterion), verses 62:77. They speak of the traits of the servants of Ar_Rahman, Allah the Mercy-Giving

25 Al-Furqan (The Criterion)

62 and the Mercy-giving's servants who walk modestly on earth and peacefully say: "How do you do!" whenever ignorant men address them; who spend the night bowing down on their knees and standing before their Lord; and who say:
"Our Lord, ward off Hell's torment
from us! Its torment is atrocious;
it is such an evil residence and station;"
67. who when they spend, give neither too lavishly nor yet hold back and keep to a happy medium;
68. who do not appeal to any other deity besides God [Alone]; nor kill any soul whom God has forbidden [them to] except through [due process of] law; nor misbehave sexually.
Anyone who does so will incur a penalty. Torment will be doubled for him on Resurrection Day and he will remain disgraced for ever in it, except for someone who repents and believes, and acts in a honorable manner. God will replace their evil deeds with fine ones, since God is Forgiving, Merciful.
71. Anyone who repents and acts honorably should turn to God in repentance,
72. and those who will not bear false witness, and when they pass by [people] gossiping, pass by in a dignified manner,
73. who whenever they are reminded of their Lord's signs, do not fall down deaf and blind [when reminded] of them;
74. and [rather] who say: "Our Lord, bestow the comfort of our eyes on us in our spouses and our offspring. Make us a model for those who do their duty."
75. Those will be rewarded with the Mansion because they have been so patient, and welcomed there with greetings as well as "Peace [be on you]!", to live there for ever. How fine is such a residence and status!
77. SAY: "My Lord will never care about you unless you appeal to Him. Yet since you have rejected [Him], something else will be necessary.

ktl1509
09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Mines are Surah Ar Rahman and Surah Bayinnah Masha Allah

chacha_jalebi
09-10-2006, 12:04 AM
i have a few :p but one ayah dat always hits me is

wali man khafa ma qama rabbi hi jannataan

from surah Rahman, it like sums up the whole of islam, those who fear the position of their lord there will be gardens i.e - jannah inshallah :D:D:D:D

abs
09-30-2006, 02:29 PM
shuraimz voice is fantastic

al Amaanah
09-30-2006, 04:39 PM

I have a lot of favourite Soerahs, like Soerah Maryam, Soerah Yusuf, Soerah Kahf, Soerah At Taubah (by Sa'd al Ghamidi!) Soerah Ar Rahmaan (by Abdurrahmaan Sudais!) and so on..

al Amaanah
09-30-2006, 04:41 PM
And oh yeah..Soerah al Kahf by Shuraim!

al Amaanah
10-21-2006, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an
I have many favourite recitors, amoung these are alot of egyptians, I belive ALLAH (swt) has blessed them with beautiful voices Masha ALLAH

Qari Abdul Basit Abdus Sammad; i think he needs no introduction

Sheikh Muhmmad Siddiq Al Minshawi: Such a beautiful reciter who recited with such taqwa

Sheikh Mustafa Ismail: He coud change between maqamaat so quickly (for mishari rashid fans, this is his fav recitor)

Sheikh Muhammad Rif'at: he was widely regarded as the recitor of his century

Soerah al baqarah of Abdul Basit Abdus Sammad, masha Allah! :' (

http://quran.islamway.com/abdulbasetmu/002.mp3

sister_fatimah
10-21-2006, 07:45 PM

I have a lot of favourites surahs , but now my favourite is Surah Yaseen :loving: masha allah , the first ayats are hard :cry:

an other ayat is from surah al baqarah ,115

115.Walillahi almashriqu waalmaghribu faaynama tuwalloo fathamma wajhu Allahi inna Allaha wasiAAun AAaleemun

115. To Allah belong the east and the West: Whithersoever ye turn, there is the presence of Allah. For Allah is all-Pervading, all-Knowing.

sister_fatimah
10-21-2006, 07:51 PM
:rollseyes i forgot an other one

1. Proclaim! (or read!) in the name of thy Lord and Cherisher, Who created-

2. Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood:

3. Proclaim! And thy Lord is Most Bountiful,-

4. He Who taught (the use of) the pen,-

5. Taught man that which he knew not.

6. Day, but man doth transgress all bounds,

7. In that he looketh upon himself as self-sufficient.

8. Verily, to thy Lord is the return (of all).

9. Seest thou one who forbids-

10. A votary when he (turns) to pray?

11. Seest thou if he is on (the road of) Guidance?-

12. Or enjoins Righteousness?

13. Seest thou if he denies (Truth) and turns away?

14. Knoweth he not that Allah doth see?

15. Let him beware! If he desist not, We will drag him by the forelock,-

16. A lying, sinful forelock!

17. Then, let him call (for help) to his council (of comrades):

18. We will call on the angels of punishment (to deal with him)!

19. Day, heed him not: But bow down in adoration, and bring thyself the closer (to Allah.!

- Qatada -
10-21-2006, 08:45 PM

Surah Yasin, and Waqi'ah by Sa'ad al ghamdi.

AhlaamBella
10-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I love surah naba and Naziyah. Allah hu akbar...this surahs really have a strong effect on me subhanAllah.

*noor
10-21-2006, 08:50 PM
i love surat al mulk

Umar001
11-27-2006, 04:05 PM
Surah Maryam that is BOOOOOYA

I mean touches on Zakariyya peace be upon him then Maryam peace be upon her and Ebraheem peace be upon him then all the other prophets, specially Idreees

Man Mishary totally rules in that surah.

^..sTr!vEr..^
11-27-2006, 04:14 PM
i would advice al of u to read Surah Tawba's ayah 111....
it rulzzzz!!!! :) luv it to the max

Ibn Abi Ahmed
12-09-2006, 02:00 AM

Just found this Hadith:

Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 536
Narrated Usaid bin Hudair:

That while he was reciting Surat Al-Baqara (The Cow) at night, and his horse was tied beside him, the horse was suddenly startled and troubled. When he stopped reciting, the horse became quiet, and when he started again, the horse was startled again. Then he stopped reciting and the horse became quiet too. He started reciting again and the horse was startled and troubled once again. Then he stopped reciting and his son, Yahya was beside the horse. He was afraid that the horse might trample on him. When he took the boy away and looked towards the sky, he could not see it.

The next morning he informed the Prophet who said, "Recite, O Ibn Hudair! Recite, O Ibn Hudair!" Ibn Hudair replied, "O Allah's Apostle! My son, Yahya was near the horse and I was afraid that it might trample on him, so I looked towards the sky, and went to him. When I looked at the sky, I saw something like a cloud containing what looked like lamps, so I went out in order not to see it." The Prophet said, "Do you know what that was?" Ibn Hudair replied, "No." The Prophet said, "Those were Angels who came near to you for your voice and if you had kept on reciting till dawn, it would have remained there till morning when people would have seen it as it would not have disappeared."
Bukhari :: Book 6 :: Volume 61 :: Hadith 566

Narrated Qatada:

Anas was asked, "How was the recitation (of the Quran) of the Prophet?' He replied, "It was characterized by the prolongation of certain sounds." He then recited: In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful prolonging the pronunciation of 'In the Name of Allah, 'the most Beneficent,' and 'the Most Merciful.

tasha
01-17-2007, 01:40 AM
i read ayatul qursi after every salah
it is said who ever reads it after every salah goes directly to heaven after death so it is very special to me
also surah yaseen because if u read it after fajr salah allah swt solves all ur probs
i like this verse from surah shams:
"By the soul and proportion and order given to it
and its enlightenment as to its wrong and its right.
truly he succeeds that purifies it,
and he fails that corrupts it."
v. 7-10 s.XCI Shams

Ali_slave of Allah
01-17-2007, 03:57 AM
i love these ayahs surah al Anam ayah 125 to 127

north_malaysian
01-17-2007, 04:03 AM
my favourite - Surah Al Rahman:statisfie ... read by Sheikh Mustafa Ismail (Egyptian recitor)

*Nazneen*
04-03-2007, 06:23 PM
:sl: My favorite surah is surah Ikhlaas. The meaning is beautiful

- Qatada -
04-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Surah Saffaat [37]

TASKENDI
04-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Repentance surah. last two ones.

128. Certainly an Apostle has come to you from among yourselves; grievous to him is your falling into distress, excessively solicitous respecting you; to the believers (he is) compassionate,

129. But if they turn back, say: Allah is sufficient for me, there is no god but He; on Him do I rely, and He is the Lord of mighty power.

El Mulk surah, El Ikhlas=Unity, Fatiha sures are my favorites.
''Who reads el mulk-TEBAREKE sures every evening, It will protect againist grave torture.''

snakelegs
04-06-2007, 10:00 AM
favourite ayahs -
there is no compulsion in religion
to you your religion - to me mine.
sorry if i didn't quote them exactly and off the top of my head, i don't know the surahs they're from.

------
04-06-2007, 10:25 AM

Favourite Surahs -
Favourite Ayah -

Beblessed
04-07-2007, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Yeah sura saffat with sheikh ajmi mashallah!

'Abd al-Baari
04-13-2007, 09:05 PM

My favourite ayahs in Surah Ana'am
قُلْ إِنَّنِي هَدَانِي رَبِّي إِلَى صِرَاطٍ مُّسْتَقِيمٍ دِينًا قِيَمًا مِّلَّةَ إِبْرَاهِيمَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا كَانَ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِين
قُلْ إِنَّ صَلاَتِي وَنُسُكِي وَمَحْيَايَ وَمَمَاتِي لِلّهِ رَبِّ الْعَالَمِينَ
لاَ شَرِيكَ لَهُ وَبِذَلِكَ أُمِرْتُ وَأَنَاْ أَوَّلُ الْمُسْلِمِينَ
006.161: Say: "Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight,- a religion of right,- the path (trod) by Abraham the true in Faith, and he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah."

006.162: Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:

006.163: No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His will.

In Surah Tawbah
وَقَالَتِ الْيَهُودُ عُزَيْرٌ ابْنُ اللّهِ وَقَالَتْ النَّصَارَى الْمَسِيحُ ابْنُ اللّهِ ذَلِكَ قَوْلُهُم بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ يُضَاهِؤُونَ قَوْلَ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ مِن قَبْلُ قَاتَلَهُمُ اللّهُ أَنَّى يُؤْفَكُونَ

اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُواْ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُواْ إِلَـهًا وَاحِدًا لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

يُرِيدُونَ أَن يُطْفِؤُواْ نُورَ اللّهِ بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَيَأْبَى اللّهُ إِلاَّ أَن يُتِمَّ نُورَهُ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْكَافِرُونَ

هُوَ الَّذِي أَرْسَلَ رَسُولَهُ بِالْهُدَى وَدِينِ الْحَقِّ لِيُظْهِرَهُ عَلَى الدِّينِ كُلِّهِ وَلَوْ كَرِهَ الْمُشْرِكُونَ
009.030 The Jews call ‘Uzair a son of Allah, and the Christians call Christ the son of Allah. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) they but imitate what the unbelievers of old used to say. Allah’s curse be on them: how they are deluded away from the Truth!

009.031 They take their priests and their anchorites to be their lords in derogation of Allah, and (they take as their Lord) Christ the son of Mary; yet they were commanded to worship but One Allah: there is no god but He. Praise and glory to Him: (Far is He) from having the partners they associate (with Him).

009.032 Fain would they extinguish Allah’s light with their mouths, but Allah will not allow but that His light should be perfected, even though the Unbelievers may detest (it).

009.033 It is He Who hath sent His Apostle with guidance and the Religion of Truth, to proclaim it over all religion, even though the Pagans may detest (it).

In Surah Nur
اللَّهُ نُورُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ مَثَلُ نُورِهِ كَمِشْكَاةٍ فِيهَا مِصْبَاحٌ الْمِصْبَاحُ فِي زُجَاجَةٍ الزُّجَاجَةُ كَأَنَّهَا كَوْكَبٌ دُرِّيٌّ يُوقَدُ مِن شَجَرَةٍ مُّبَارَكَةٍ زَيْتُونِةٍ لَّا شَرْقِيَّةٍ وَلَا غَرْبِيَّةٍ يَكَادُ زَيْتُهَا يُضِيءُ وَلَوْ لَمْ تَمْسَسْهُ نَارٌ نُّورٌ عَلَى نُورٍ يَهْدِي اللَّهُ لِنُورِهِ مَن يَشَاء وَيَضْرِبُ اللَّهُ الْأَمْثَالَ لِلنَّاسِ وَاللَّهُ بِكُلِّ شَيْءٍ عَلِيمٌ

024.035 Allah is the Light of the heavens and the earth. The Parable of His Light is as if there were a Niche and within it a Lamp: the Lamp enclosed in Glass: the glass as it were a brilliant star: Lit from a blessed Tree, an Olive, neither of the east nor of the west, whose oil is well-nigh luminous, though fire scarce touched it: Light upon Light! Allah doth guide whom He will to His Light: Allah doth set forth Parables for men: and Allah doth know all things.

ژاله
04-14-2007, 09:33 AM
i like surah ibrahim

'Abd al-Baari
04-14-2007, 10:18 PM

Yeh, Alhamdulillah its a good surah

Periwinkle18
04-15-2007, 06:13 AM
my favourite surah is surah rahman

Taqiyah
04-15-2007, 06:26 AM
salaamz

My favorite Surah is doubtlessly "Maryam" especially when it is recited by Mohammed Al Jibreel, my favorite Quran/Du'a reciter. can you believe I memorized the whole surah Maryam before I even got to it...coz I loved it ...I loved to read it over and over again n I like the stories and the way it beautifully rhymes at the end of each Ayah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.