/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oh Noh...

M..x
01-15-2008, 09:36 PM
Not so much as needing advise...Like i know what the right thing to do, tha har part is doing it...Like Im needing duaz inshAllah...Planning to go Umrah but like i gotta change soooo much, Im just a loudmouf idiot child...& I gotta proper fix up and i think Umrahz gunna be an experiance to do that for me...Like I stil listen to my music...Raahs i used to lecture back in tha day when i used to listen to Quran, keep doing this on off thing...Its like one day im proper in2 ma deen and the next day someone will play a track and ma head be looping sumwer else...Kinda tha effect music has on yah I guess....Buh soooo much otha stuff me gotta change & im well scared wif like peepz cummin back and dduin messd up shizzle...Like omg afta duin umrah...& tha posibility dat might be me eeeeek...
So erm Do duazzzz inshAllah and tccc :sl:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ummu Sufyaan
01-16-2008, 10:36 AM
:sl:
off topic, ermm...but what do you mean by Oh Noh...:?:uuh:

Angelzz
01-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Sorry sis but it would help if you typed in English so we all can understand what it is we are reading.

Maybe we can help you more that way. If you dont mind can you clarify your question please?

AnonymousPoster
01-16-2008, 11:58 PM
The sister thinks that Music is affecting her, she plans to go to do Umrah inshaallah but the problem is that she has witnessed other people around her coming back but not doing what they should be doing, well she used the terms 'messed up'. Just make dua'aah that doing Umrah is worthwhile and she changes for the better inshaallah. oh and pray that she gives up listening to music. :sl:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Angelzz
01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Jazak Allah khair for the clarification.

In regards to Umrah and listening to music -- you must first clarify your intentions in everything that you do.

First sis the source of strength is your intentions and determination -you must ask yourself sis:

Am i doing umrah for sake of allah swt?
Do I want to stop listening to music for sake of allah swt ?
Or do i feel obliged too?
Are my parents friends family insisting or influencing my decision?

If the answer is anything other than for sake of allah swt ONLY. Then you need to recognise this and bring your intentions back for Allah swt sake inshaallah and continue on doing the deed/act of worship.

Anything that you do or give up for his sake -- truly for His sake ---Allah swt inshaallah accept this from you and make it easy on you and put barakah in it for you.

May allah swt make it easy on you sis and keep you steadfast in this deen and increase your eman and knowledge and keep you firm on la illaha ilallah.

Ameeeen.

M..x
01-18-2008, 09:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by x MuslimGyal x
Not so much as needing advise...Like i know what the right thing to do, tha har part is doing it...Like Im needing duaz inshAllah...Planning to go Umrah but like i gotta change soooo much, Im just a loudmouf idiot child...& I gotta proper fix up and i think Umrahz gunna be an experiance to do that for me...Like I stil listen to my music...Raahs i used to lecture back in tha day when i used to listen to Quran, keep doing this on off thing...Its like one day im proper in2 ma deen and the next day someone will play a track and ma head be looping sumwer else...Kinda tha effect music has on yah I guess....Buh soooo much otha stuff me gotta change & im well scared wif like peepz cummin back and dduin messd up shizzle...Like omg afta duin umrah...& tha posibility dat might be me eeeeek...
So erm Do duazzzz inshAllah and tccc :sl:
Not so much as needing advise...Like i know what the right thing to do, the hard part is doing it. Like I need duas InshAllah...Planning to go Umrah but i got to change soo much...I'm just another loudmouth idiot child...& I got to proper change & I think Umrah will be the experiance to do that for me...I mean I even still listen to music...I used to lecture back in the day to others about it when i used to play Qurn...I keep doing this on/off think where one moment im really into my deen and the next day someone will play a song and my head will be somehwere esle...Guess its the effect music has on you...But in regards to my problem, Iv gotta change so many other things and im scared hearing accounts of people coming back from this journey and doing stupid stuff...Like to think i cant be one of them...
:) You dont know how long that took me...T R U S T...

Oh noh...Oh Noh?:muddlehea C'mon i know i talk on another level but that wasnt too hard to figure out was it?...

Back to ma problem...Like Courrrseeee me wanna go, it'l be a journey of a lifetime but theres just soooo much more to it than that...Something i cant exactly blag on a website...Should done this anonymous but only thought of it after i posted :muddlehea...I know it'll be tha right thing to do but i mean sooooooo much's gotta change and i knooooooooow things, certain things are gonna pull me back....arghhhhhh cant explain even dammit... Like another thing bothering me is seeing sooooooo many people around me mess up...Like how tha fudge can they live these kinda lives...Sometimes get tha feeling that I'm tha only sane one left....I needa get out of this craaaaapholeee....****nnnnnnnnnnnnn isssssssssh soooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaards

M..x
01-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Ahhh Gawd...By mess up I mean more than me...Like Dunya is all they want...Man people have shocked me, esp those i knew back from school and come college everyones on a hype...&
& hearing crap about how S I S T A Z are drinking...Man Im soo not happy with this...o anything else for that matter...

I
Think
I'm
D
e
p
r
e
s
s
e
d
:-I

Angelzz
01-18-2008, 11:02 PM
sis -- dont worry about other people -- they have to explain themselves to allah swt and so do you.

Yes sure you may seem the odd one out at the moment but keep in mind sis -- your living to get to jannah not to fit in socially.

Be true to yourself sis -- allah swt has given you knowledge of this deen and you are held accountable for the information you have and what you have done with it.

Not only do you know better sis but you should try your hardest to follow it and teach it to others --- inshaAllah even your friends or ppl around will slowly look to you for help.

sis we all make mistakes we all do things we shouldnt its part of being human and yes unfortunately we sin.

seek refuge with Allah swt from shaytan the cursed the rejected and from his whispers sis.

Stay true to yourself and the deen you know -- dont just follow ppl or cave in because everyone else is doing it.

BE ORIGINAL and Be the leader (not a follower) and do whats right for you in dunya and akhira.

And the most important of all TALK with allah swt confide your feelings and thoughts to him ASK him to help you make you stronger and firm in deen and eman and help make things easy on you

SIS allah swt is waiting for all of us to talk to him like he is the bestest friend you ever had - make dua's sis

YusufNoor
01-19-2008, 03:13 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by x MuslimGyal x
Not so much as needing advise...Like i know what the right thing to do, the hard part is doing it. Like I need duas InshAllah...Planning to go Umrah but i got to change soo much...I'm just another loudmouth idiot child...& I got to proper change & I think Umrah will be the experiance to do that for me...I mean I even still listen to music...I used to lecture back in the day to others about it when i used to play Qurn...I keep doing this on/off think where one moment im really into my deen and the next day someone will play a song and my head will be somehwere esle...Guess its the effect music has on you...But in regards to my problem, Iv gotta change so many other things and im scared hearing accounts of people coming back from this journey and doing stupid stuff...Like to think i cant be one of them...
:) You dont know how long that took me...T R U S T...

i listen to Mufti Ishmail Menk ALOT! he RARELY says that you have to be 100% PERFECT! he always says that the goal is 100%, but as long as that is what you are working towards, just make sure that you always DECREASE the things that you know you need to change! keep working towards that goal! with music, take a look at the lyrics and the intention of the music, eliminate the WORST first, then the next, etc...

our Imam's kutbah today addressed the loudmouth issue. just remember that Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala is watching you and TRY to increase your shyness in front of Him! [decide which angel you want writing stuff down!] if you screw up 20 times a day, just try to make it 19 for a while; then 18... if you you do 20 or 22 one day, just realize that you are only harming yourself, make Tawbah and start back at 19!

in MY life, i've actually found that i learn ALOT more by messing up than by doing everything right!

Oh noh...Oh Noh?:muddlehea C'mon i know i talk on another level but that wasnt too hard to figure out was it?...

Back to ma problem...Like Courrrseeee me wanna go, it'l be a journey of a lifetime but theres just soooo much more to it than that...Something i cant exactly blag on a website...Should done this anonymous but only thought of it after i posted :muddlehea...I know it'll be tha right thing to do but i mean sooooooo much's gotta change and i knooooooooow things, certain things are gonna pull me back....arghhhhhh cant explain even dammit... Like another thing bothering me is seeing sooooooo many people around me mess up...Like how tha fudge can they live these kinda lives...Sometimes get tha feeling that I'm tha only sane one left....I needa get out of this craaaaapholeee....****nnnnnnnnnnnnn isssssssssh soooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaards

try to add to your du'as by pleading with Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala not to "take" you until He is pleased with you! go on Umrah, do your best! IF somehow you mess up, make dua that Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala allows you to go again!

IF Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala expected us to be perfect, He would have made us Nabi's or companions of the Nabi's.

remember, EVERYTIME you ask Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala for help, you are performing worship! IF you need ALOT of help, Allah Subhannahu Wa Ta' Aala is giving you the means for extra Ibadah!

Tawbah erases your sins and du'a increases your Ajr!

how can you lose?? isn't Islam soo cool!!:coolious:

:w:

anonymous
01-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Sis, i get exactly what you mean, I would be in the exact same poition as you, and thats exactly what I would be worried about- going on such an amazing amazing journey and though it will without a doubt affect you as a person its the keeping it up when you come back home thats the big problem. Im exactly like you- there used to be a point when I used to be on off on off and now Its just completely OFF -ASTAGFIRULLAH! MAY ALLAH SWT GUIDE MEEEEE :'(:'(:'(:'(

For me there would be a million things I would have to change like:

1- NOT ONLY START PRAYING BUT PRAY 5 TIMES A DAY!!! Astagfirullah I am so bad what is wrong with me!?

2- Wear the hijaab

3- Dress differently- (Though I dress v modestly anyway.. though some narrow minded people would disagree)

4- Stop listening to music

5- GROW UP as in stop being the stupid little child that I am, even though am a (hate to say it) n ''adult' ( by appearance only)

6-....................

I think Ill stop right there, or else I will stop at about 100

ASTAGFIRULLAH

sis, take the oppurtunity to become as good a muslim as you can, as life on this earth even though many of us including myself, forget, is only temporary :'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

PersianPrince
01-24-2008, 01:37 AM
Yo Sista! Well, someone had to get your attention! Many would appreciate all the wonderful things that others have kindly written. I have a feeling you already know most of this stuff. Personally, I feel as though you're full of uncertainties. I think you need to step back and take a chill pill. Forgive me if I am coming across hard, that's not my intention. I think you're perfectly capable of understanding everything. You just need to make a decision what it is you actually want out of this world. Am I right? Slow down a little, take a step back and think about the big picture. By "big picture", I mean think about what is important for your life and your future. Hopefully one day you will have the opportunity to teach your own children. Am I going too far?

Anyway, enough rambling... slow down a little and give yourself some breathing space. It will all come to you. Remember, everything boils down to what it is *you* intend on doing. (Trust me on that! I say that 'cos you seem a little like me (sometimes)). Take it as a compliment :okay:

M..x
01-27-2008, 09:44 PM
:w: Beings :P
Ahhh Lots of Sistery luv ur way....ALL<< ur comments helped i swears downs...But like fings have comes up and I might not be going afterall :'(
But the truth of the matter is i DO know most of the stuff, as it im aware of what i should be doing and what i shouldnt be...gues tha hard part comes when implementing it..Cause trus when your blazing haram crap and when your indulging in haram acts you actually dont think twice...Thawbah its bad to say but its tha actual truth...E.g a drug dealer knows he's messing up his own life and others yet he continues cause he thinks the benefits outwiegh the costs...But ur in this state of jahiliyah and its hard to control that...I ain hard on maself, I'm too easy...I think that these dogy things are minor and I'ma be forgiven and then get into Jannah, like its gonna be given on a plate...Astaghfirullah...I think like a friggn kid, but most of tha Ummah (youth nowdayz...!) are deluded into thinking thats how life functions...I need to grow out of it...Oh nuff babbling...Jazakz for all tha advise...God Bless... x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!