/* */

PDA

View Full Version : When to Stop Listening

AntiKarateKid
01-15-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey guys! I was wondering, I have started exploring my faith more deeply as of the last few months. I have looked into the arguments for and against the other religions and even for and against atheism because God I believe God would not like blind obedience. But lately, I think my inquisitive nature has been going too far and now I start to question everything and my faith falters for a small time until I sort everything out and regain my faith. For example, I believe God created us and not the other way around but when I think about it I find myself trying to make an argument against someone who might question me about this and end up getting confused when in my heart my beliefs are clear.

Long post but basically, when should I stop questioning or do we always question?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
morate
02-18-2008, 10:06 PM
I wanted to reply something...like seeking knowledge and understanding is part of human nature.....or maybe that sometimes I feel like I hold doubts inside and can't really be sure I believe.....but I really wanted something better than that. So, as I opend the Quran, I thought -yes, I prayed, let me find something in here that is relevant.
Here is what I opened to:

And return to your Lord time after time and submit to Him before there comes to you the punishment, then you shall not be helped

And follow the best that has been revealed to you from your Lord before there comes to you the punishment all of a sudden while you do not even perceive;

Perhaps it is time to stop listening to those who would have you doubt and believe what you know to be true.

- Qatada -
05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
:salamext:

Try to ask students of knowledge insha Allah - the questions which you have. Also, attempt to learn the principles of faith of the religion, so instead of you searching for answers for your questions, rather - you read the knowledge which will be of benefit to your faith, even if it isn't a direct response to your question, because this knowledge will give answers to future questions which may arise.

So basically, learn how to defend yourself - with correct knowledge from authentic/reliable sources so it can be a weapon to your doubts. - Instead of you coming up with questions without knowing an answer for them and doubting yourself without any defense to rely on.

this might be of some benefit insha Allah;

http://kalamullah.com/

TrueStranger
05-05-2008, 06:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AntiKarateKid
Hey guys! I was wondering, I have started exploring my faith more deeply as of the last few months. I have looked into the arguments for and against the other religions and even for and against atheism because God I believe God would not like blind obedience. But lately, I think my inquisitive nature has been going too far and now I start to question everything and my faith falters for a small time until I sort everything out and regain my faith. For example, I believe God created us and not the other way around but when I think about it I find myself trying to make an argument against someone who might question me about this and end up getting confused when in my heart my beliefs are clear.

Long post but basically, when should I stop questioning or do we always question?

:sl:

Not every question has an answer, but every answer has a question. :D

I took philosophy, sociology, and psychology. And there was a time where I was continuously asking questions, and not all my questions had answers, and if they did had answers they weren’t answers which I was pleased with. Don’t ask to much “why” questions, those are the most doubt creating questions, but rather ask the how questions. When you understand how things work you will start to know why they are important and what not.

And just remember you are on the right track, Islam is the right path towards success. If you start doubting then stop questioning for a while. I really don’t think a person should ask questions which only create doubt. But that is my personal opinion.

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AntiKarateKid
05-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Thanks for ressurecting this thread with those answer! I appreciate all of them, everytime I pray I feel better and more confident.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.