PDA

View Full Version : Questions from Quran



munssif
01-16-2008, 05:13 AM
A Quranic verse speaks about the qualities of bride groom.
Any one knows the verse?
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlackMamba
01-24-2008, 01:36 AM
This is the only ayah I can think of on the top of my head but there might be others.
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable."(24:26)
الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ أُوْلَئِكَ مُبَرَّؤُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ
Reply

munssif
01-24-2008, 03:15 AM
No, brother, thatsis not the AYAH. That AYAH begins to warn Prophet Muhammed( PBUAH) wifes, then it continues to describe the Qualities of Bride groom.
Read "Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins." (66:05)

jazakALAH for ur reply br.
salam
Reply

munssif
01-24-2008, 05:28 AM
OK, LETS GO FRO ANOTHER QUESTION.

A QURANIC VERSE CONSISTS OF "KALIMA THAYYIBA". WHICH AYA IS THAT?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Sami
01-24-2008, 02:11 PM
innahum kanoo izi qeela lahum la ilaha illallahu yastakbiroon?
iz thats the verse?
Reply

BlackMamba
01-25-2008, 04:08 AM
There is no ayah in the entire quran that begins with "kalima thayyib" And I dont these words have to do with marriage because kalima tayyib means pure words.
Reply

munssif
01-25-2008, 05:59 AM
ASSALAMU ALAiKUM brthres,
SAMI u r correct, it mght be easy fr u , cz u r a HAAFIZ. cn u pls Quote d verse and chapter?

bt, br SHAKOOR, i thnk u didnt get my questin, i didnt say begin wth 'kalima Thayyiba".
ok
salam
Reply

sur
01-25-2008, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by Shakoor15
This is the only ayah I can think of on the top of my head but there might be others.
"Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable."(24:26)
الْخَبِيثَاتُ لِلْخَبِيثِينَ وَالْخَبِيثُونَ لِلْخَبِيثَاتِ وَالطَّيِّبَاتُ لِلطَّيِّبِينَ وَالطَّيِّبُونَ لِلطَّيِّبَاتِ أُوْلَئِكَ مُبَرَّؤُونَ مِمَّا يَقُولُونَ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةٌ وَرِزْقٌ كَرِيمٌ
Originally Posted by munssif
No, brother, thatsis not the AYAH. That AYAH begins to warn Prophet Muhammed( PBUAH) wifes, then it continues to describe the Qualities of Bride groom.
Read "Perhaps his Lord, if he divorced you [all], would substitute for him wives better than you - submitting [to Allah ], believing, devoutly obedient, repentant, worshipping, and traveling - [ones] previously married and virgins." (66:05)

jazakALAH for ur reply br.
salam
This one is also relavent:-
Q:4:34:-
[004:034] Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because God has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what God would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (Next), refuse to share their beds, (And last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them Means (of annoyance): For God is Most High, great (above you all).
Reply

munssif
01-25-2008, 09:03 AM
YES BR IT TOO SPEAKS SOME REGRDING THAT.
JAZAKALLAH
.
Reply

BlackMamba
01-26-2008, 11:15 PM
O I think the 1st kalima tayyib is in 2 places in the Quran. One in Al-Saffat (37:35) like brother Sami quoted. And theres also one in Surah Muhammad aya 19. It is, "falam annahu la illaha illahu wastaghfir lizambika"
Sorry I misunderstood the question in the beginning
Reply

sur
01-27-2008, 03:23 PM
Q:-

What verse(s) points towards Jesus's 2nd coming.???
Reply

munssif
01-28-2008, 04:50 AM
i think is the verse speaking regarding jesus coming back to this world,

043.061

And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.

im not sure....
Reply

sur
01-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by munssif
i think is the verse speaking regarding jesus coming back to this world,

043.061

And indeed, Jesus will be [a sign for] knowledge of the Hour, so be not in doubt of it, and follow Me. This is a straight path.

im not sure....
Right . & also, i think, this one enumerates the events that'll occur close to DOJ(Day of Judjement):-



[Q:3:55] Behold! God said: "O Jesus! I will cause you to die and raise thee to Myself and clear thee (of the falsehoods) of those who deny thee; I will make those who follow thee superior to those who reject thee, towards إِلَى the Day of Resurrection: Then shall ye all return unto me, and I will judge between you of the matters wherein ye dispute.





So this verse is counting the events that will happen close to(Towards) DOJ, since word إِلَى refer to ALL events counted in this verse.:-
* مُتَوَفِّيكَ So towards(close to) DOJ , he’ll die his first death. As he’s a sigh of arrival of DOJ Q:43:61.
* وَمُطَهِّرُكَ He’ll be cleared of ALL who rejected him & those rejectors were bani-Israel. So no disbelieving Bani-Israel will be left. Which is NOT the case as yet.
*His believers will win over فَوْقَ his rejectors whether from ppl-of-book (POB) or from non-POB. & these Rejectors from non-POB might live on earth under Muslim rule despite their rejection of Jesus while no single Rejector from POB will be left Q:4:159. So Jesus’ll fight & kill ALL non-believing POB, while non-POB nonbelievers will be subjugated. Then a wind will blow & kill all Muslims & only evil doers will be left on earth & then DOJ will come.


Since Jesus is NOT yet cleared of Blasphemies of Jews, like he was illicit child(God Forbid) & that he was a false prophet etc, so he hasn’t died yet. He’ll die when he’ll be cleared of all false claims about him.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


Next Q:-
Which verse tells duration ppl would stay in Hell???
Reply

munssif
01-28-2008, 08:56 AM
ok JazakALLAH br .

Answer for the next question may be this one,


In which they will remain for ages [unending].(78:23)
Reply

sur
01-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by munssif
ok JazakALLAH br .

Answer for the next question may be this one,


In which they will remain for ages [unending].(78:23)
Verse Above doesn't specify any time period.
Following ,i think, gives an idea of time period; only we need to figure exact age of universe:-

Q:11:107:
YUSUFALI: They will dwell therein for all the time that the heavens and the earth endure, except as thy Lord willeth: for thy Lord is the (sure) accomplisher of what He planneth.
PICKTHAL: Abiding there so long as the heavens and the earth endure save for that which thy Lord willeth. Lo! thy Lord is Doer of what He will.
SHAKIR: Abiding therein so long as the heavens and the earth endure, except as your Lord please; surely your Lord is the mighty doer of what He intends.

خَالِدِينَ فِيهَا مَا دَامَتِ السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالأَرْضُ إِلاَّ مَا شَاء رَبُّكَ إِنَّ رَبَّكَ فَعَّالٌ لِّمَا يُرِيدُ

مَا = how/which is/what is/that is
دَامَتِ = long is/length of/duration of
السَّمَاوَاتُ وَالأَرْضُ = skies & earth

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Next Q:-
What verse(s) indicate that we can't marry Trinitarian christians???There's also a Hadees to same effect which one???


& which one indicate that we can marry ppl of book(who don't commit shirk; Unitarians, Sabians, Messianic Jews & Jews)???
Reply

sur
01-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by sur
Next Q:-
What verse(s) indicate that we can't marry Trinitarian christians???There's also a Hadees to same effect which one???


& which one indicate that we can marry ppl of book(who don't commit shirk; Unitarians, Sabians, Messianic Jews & Jews)???
If my above Q is "disturbing" the preset beliefs, then i ask another one:-

Q:-
What verses describe punishment for homosexual males & homosexual females???
Reply

munssif
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Answering your last question.... i thinhk this is the verse which described the punishment sent down to the people who Did homosexuality and who felped to that sin....
And We rained upon them a rain [of stones], and evil was the rain of those who were warned.(27:58)
Reply

sur
01-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by munssif
Answering your last question.... i thinhk this is the verse which described the punishment sent down to the people who Did homosexuality and who felped to that sin....
And We rained upon them a rain [of stones], and evil was the rain of those who were warned.(27:58)
No, i ment verse that describe SHARIAH punishment for homos:-


For Female homosexual act:-
[Q:4:15] If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, Take the evidence of four (Reliable) witnesses from amongst you against them; and if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them, or God ordain for them some way(Like, some man ask their hand in marriage).


For Male homosexual act:-
[4:16] If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone; for God is Oft-returning, Most Merciful.
Reply

munssif
01-29-2008, 10:56 AM
br, it means that ur question not regarding punishment for the Homosexual, but Unlawful sexual intercourse ( prostitution) . thn its ok.

My next question is... Which Quranic verse speaks about the people who obey their NAFS , what ever it says to do?
Reply

sur
01-29-2008, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by munssif
br, it means that ur question not regarding punishment for the Homosexual, but Unlawful sexual intercourse ( prostitution) . thn its ok.

My next question is... Which Quranic verse speaks about the people who obey their NAFS , what ever it says to do?


answer to ur Q:-
[Q:45:23] Then seest thou such a one as takes as his god his own vain desire? God has, knowing (him as such), left him astray, and sealed his hearing and his heart (and understanding), and put a cover on his sight. Who, then, will guide him after God (has withdrawn Guidance)? Will ye not then receive admonition?
Reply

munssif
01-30-2008, 05:40 AM
great, br, sur may i know tht r u a Hafizh?


then my next Question...
which Quranic verse says that " what ever disaster strikes us, its since our hands have earned"..
Reply

sur
01-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by munssif
great, br, sur may i know tht r u a Hafizh?


then my next Question...
which Quranic verse says that " what ever disaster strikes us, its since our hands have earned"..
:sl:
no brother i am not hafiz. Though i have strong desire to learn as much quran by heart as possible. I have made an index on a register in which i write Quranic verse under topics. though it's very incomplete.

& about ur Q,:-
[30:41] Mischief has appeared on land and sea because of (the meed) that the hands of men have earned, that (God) may give them a taste of some of their deeds: in order that they may turn back (from Evil).
Reply

munssif
01-30-2008, 10:51 AM
correct, bit i intended this 1...

وَمَا أَصَابَكُم مِّن مُّصِيبَةٍ فَبِمَا كَسَبَتْ أَيْدِيكُمْ وَيَعْفُو عَن كَثِيرٍ

042.030 Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because on the things your hands have wrought, and for many (of them) He grants forgiveness.

and br Sur, hw many juz u have memorixed rght nw..?
Reply

munssif
08-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Salam,

A new Question after a long time.

" We know there are several verses speaking of Put trust on ALLAH ( THAWAKKUL) in the Quran. My question is in a verse consist a new different word for that as Prophet Musa mentioned? "


comment on this...
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-18-2011, 05:15 AM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 05:54 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 08:46 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 09:31 PM
  5. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 08:24 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!