/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I shall recite it for them!

- Qatada -
09-25-2005, 02:28 PM
:sl: warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

The companions of the Prophet (sal Allah u alai hi wasalam) were together one day in Makkah. They were still few in number, weak and oppressed. They said, "The Quraysh have not yet heard the Qur’an being recited openly and loudly. Who is the man who could recite it for them?'

"I shall recite it for them," volunteered Abdullah ibn Masud .

"We are afraid for you," they said..."We only want someone who has a clan who would protect him from their evil . "

"Let me," Abdullah ibn Masud insisted, "Allah shall protect me and keep me away from their evil."

He then went out to the mosque until he reached Maqam Ibrahim (a few meters from the Kabah). It was dawn and the Quraysh were sitting around the Kabah. Abdullah stopped at the Maqam and began to recite:

"Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim. Ar-Rahman. Allama-l Quran. Khalaqal insan. Allamahul bayan... (In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful. The Merciful God. He has taught the Qur’an. He has created man and taught him the clear truth...)"

He went on reciting. The Quraysh looked at him intently and some of them asked: "What is Ibn Umm Abd saying?" "Damn him! He is reciting some of what Muhammad brought!" they realized.

They went up to him and began beating his face as he continued reciting. When he went back to his companions the blood was flowing from his face.

"This is what we feared for you," they said.

"By God," replied Abdullah, "the enemies of God are not more comfortable than I at this moment. If you wish, I shall go out tomorrow and do the same."

"You have done enough," they said. "You have made them hear what they dislike."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummbilal
09-25-2005, 02:51 PM
akhee i love your sig, mashallah very true

Batoota
09-25-2005, 03:45 PM
:sl:

Subhan Allah! that he (radiya Allahoo anyhoo) would offer to go again and recite after what they did to him!!

how times have changed- now...to some ...reading one aya of the Quran is torture...:(

Jazak Allah!!

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.