/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping on your right side

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Assalamu Alaikum... Here are some hadiths of Rasulallah (saw) about sleeping on your right side.

Al-Bara' ibn 'Azib said, "When the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to retire to his bed, he would lie on his right side and then say, 'O Allah, I surrender my soul to You and I turn my face to You and I entrust my affair to You and I seek Your support with hope and fear of You. There is no refuge from You but to You. I have believed in Your Book which You sent down and Your Prophet whom You sent.'" [al-Bukhari]

815. al-Bara' ibn 'Azib reported: 'The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said to me, 'Whenever you go to bed, do wudu' as you do wudu' for the prayer and then lie down on your right side. Then say...'" and he mentioned the rest of it and in it is, "Make that the last of the words that you utter." [Agreed upon]

816. 'A'isha said, "The Prophet , may Allah bless him and grant him peace, used to pray eleven rak'ats at night. When it was dawn, he would pray two quick rak'ats and then lie on his right side until the mu'adhdhin came and gave the adhan." [Agreed upon]

818. Ya'ish ibn Tikhfa al-Ghifari said, "My father said, 'Once while I was lying on my stomach in the mosque, a man moved me with his foot and said, "This is a position which Allah hates."'" He said, "I looked up and it was the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace." [Abu Dawud]

:D:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
☆•♥°ąყ℮Տիმ°♥•☆
01-16-2008, 07:29 PM
:sl:
intresting..
im constantly tossing and turning throughout the night and wake up facing a diff way each morning.. but generally start off on my right side.
i voted whatever is comfortable

Omari
01-16-2008, 07:39 PM
i sleep with my head buried in the pillow...

Pure Imaan
01-16-2008, 07:42 PM
I know that we should sleep on out right side but I didnt have no hadiths to refer to, jazakhallah sis for the post, may Allah reward your efforts, ameen...mwah sis....tc

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omari
i sleep with my head buried in the pillow...
lol how do u breath...i try that... and cant stay two seconds under the pillow unless its winter... otherwise i just sleep on my right side and stay asleep all the way to like 1 ...if i got skool then up to 11...ayesha yeah it doesnt matter when ur actually asleep then cuz u cant control urself knowing what ur doing no more..lol

truemuslim
01-16-2008, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan
I know that we should sleep on out right side but I didnt have no hadiths to refer to, jazakhallah sis for the post, may Allah reward your efforts, ameen...mwah sis....tc
lol mwah lool wa iyaki sis yeah i didnt have hadiths till a while ago

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.