/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what do I do?

khadija_007
01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
:sl: brothers and sisters,hope ur all in the best of iman and health

I was wondering if any1 can give me sum advice,
basically i made the decision to drop out of uni and take up Islamic studies instead. I was really excitd so I mentioned this to my parents and they said "No".imsad
Ive tried explain to them why I want to go but they are just refusing, now I dont know wot 2 do bcz its not like i can just laze about at home all day and Iseriously dont wanna go uni.
The worse thing is that my parents are paying the full tution fees for me to go uni so they are expecting a lot from me so basically..................wot do i do???:-\

be weally grateful for ur help, jazakallah
until next time :peace: out
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mohsen1985
01-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, I think the best thing to do is get your degree from the university and then go into Islamic studies. Having a degree could have a lot of benefits for you. Like you can get a good job and pay for your Islamic studies tuition yourself.

Ghira
01-17-2008, 06:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija_007

basically i made the decision to drop out of uni and take up Islamic studies instead. I was really excitd so I mentioned this to my parents and they said "No".imsad
Ive tried explain to them why I want to go but they are just refusing, now I dont know wot 2 do bcz its not like i can just laze about at home all day and Iseriously dont wanna go uni.
The worse thing is that my parents are paying the full tution fees for me to go uni so they are expecting a lot from me so basically..................wot do i do???:-\

I say do what you want to do and they will learn to live with it...I am not saying disrespect your parents or anything just do what YOU LOVE to do (occupation wise) and forget about everyone else. I wanted to do that (go to Islamic univ) but no one in my family approved and said it could be done "on the side"...I foolishly listened to them and regret it ever since. I am a double major and getting my masters in psychology so no med school for me...that is not for me... Just please listen to your heart and go with your passion because you will excel in what you love doing.

Parents always feel they are looking for your best interests and majority of the time they are....In terms of choosing your occupation or what you want to major in...that should be completely up to you as long as it is halal...Good luck sister and let us know what happens...

islamirama
01-17-2008, 06:36 PM

It's good to have duniya education as well in case one needs to fall back on it in time of need. also its' good to have a good balance of both.
format_quote Originally Posted by khadija_007

Shaykh Abdur-Rahman As-Sa’dee said, “Thus any path a person takes, whether physical or otherwise, something that will help them in acquiring knowledge of the Deen, they enter in the words of the Prophet, “Whoever seeks out a path to acquire knowledge (of the deen), Allah makes easy a path for them to Jannah.”

The position of the people of Islamic knowledge reached such a level that Allah (Jalla Thanaa’uhu wa taqaddasat Asmaa’uhu) and the Angels pray for them!

From Abu Umaamah: Rasul Allah said, “Verily Allah and His angels, even the ant in its hole and the fish in the sea, verily (they all) pray for he who teaches people good.” – authentic, narrated by Tabraanee.

Rasul Allah prayed for them also. He said, as narrated by Zayd ibn Thabit, “May Allah grant light (and happiness and beauty in the face) of someone who hears a hadith from us and memorizes it until he passes it on to others!” – authentic, narrated by Tirmidhi.

And Ibn Al-Jowzee said, “I haven’t seen a flaw more sad in the community than those who stop working even though they have the ability to continue.”

Rasul Allah said, “Whoever studies that which is meant for the sake of Allah, desiring only a piece of the Dunya, he shall not smell the frangrance of Jannah on the Day of Judgement.” – authentic, narrated by Ahmad, and Tirmidhi.

Allah ta’aala says [When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me…] Surah AlBaqarah, 186

Let us pray to Allah now to make this effort we are doing to learn His Deen, to learn His Shariah, sincere for His sake. And that He blesses us by His Mercy to succeed in what we intend. Verily, he has the Power to do anything. Ameen.

- by Muahmmad Alshareef

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
tomtomsmom
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Can't you do both?

khadija_007
01-17-2008, 06:45 PM
:sl:
JZK all for ur advice, but now the problem is trying to get myself back into uni and love what i used to love b4 (i.e study for a degree) because i was soo eager to do islamic studies and learn about the deen i kinda lost the love for studying. I guess its Allah's way of trying to test me,
newyz until nxt time:peace: out

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!