/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Sins of The Youth

islamirama
01-18-2008, 04:37 PM
The Sins of The Youth

By Sheikh Feiz

In this issue we feature sins and their harmful effects. Some special mention is needed regarding young Muslims, especially those in their teenage years.

It is often taken for granted that these are the years of carelessness and not those of serious thought. This is not an Islamic position. Indeed we find youth in the time of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alaihi wa sallam) performing heroic deeds and very serious in their practice and dedication. Examples such as Ali Ibn Abi Taalib, Ibn Abbaas, Anas Ibn Malik, Usaamah Ibn Zaid, Mus'ab Ibn 'Umayr, Ammaar Ibn Yaasir and others (radiallahu 'anhum ajma'een) will be forever remembered for their sacrifices and willingness to give their lives in the cause of Islam at tender ages. This is a character assessment checklist aimed at the youth to assist them in making their own assessment of themselves and decide if changes in their character are in order. Parents too can use it as a gauge.

In fact, what is listed are sins certainly not limited to youth. Each point is an interrelated sin that either weakens eemaan or comes from weak eemaan. Some stem from others while others lead to something worse. Possessing any of them makes change necessary because to continue doing them may lead to worse sin, hypocrisy and disbelief. It may not seem like it, but even you, as young as you are, could face death at any moment. Do you want to meet Allah in a sorry moral condition? One step toward correction is recognizing one’s faults and setting out to do the opposite.

A second step is honestly seeking Allaha help and asking His forgiveness. There have been people who commit terrible sins and Allah has guided and forgiven them after true repentance and struggle with themselves. Certainly you can too.

Look at yourself and ask yourself if you do any of the following:

1. Lie to and disobey parents .

2. Raise your voice to or abuse parents or other family members.

3. Disregard the advice of parents.

4. Disrespect adults.

5. Break your promises.

6. Insult the opposite sex.

7.Freely mix with the opposite sex by flirting or looking lustfully at them Backbite and gossip.

8.Look at bad movies and listen to music, especially sexually explicit types or that have a lot of profanity.

9.Use profanity Lie or steal.

10. Devise ways to avoid anything Islamic.

11. Spend your money on what is haraam.

12.Think mostly of yourself and little of others .

13.Do as little as you can to assist in the home.

14.Put minimum effort into schoolwork.

15.Imitate, respect or love the ways and manners of kuffaar.

16. Act hard with Muslims and easy with kuffaar .

17. Smoke or do drugs.

18. Mostly keep company with weak and sinful Muslims or kuffaar.

18. Waste a lot of time and never study the deen.

19. Find it easy to do wrong and difficult to do right.

20. Hate to be reminded of religious duties.

21. Feel little or no sense of shame or modesty.

22. Hate proper hijaab.

23. Do not enjoy listening to the Quran.

24. Only try to learn Arabic or how to recite the Quraan if pressured.

25. Donât go to the masjid or consistently go late to prayer (for males) when there is no obstacle to doing so regularly and on time.

26. Dislike going to prayers or concentrate little in them and hurry to get them over with.

27.Rarely give charity or gifts.

28. Avoid the company of striving Muslims.

29. Rarely or never make extra (sunnah) prayers

Read anything else other than the Quraan or authentic hadeeth that is of little or no value or haram.

30. Read the Quraan or the hadeeth only if forced to Attend circles of Islamic knowledge only if forced and pay little attention.

31. when you do Never give thanks, seek forgiveness from Allah nor seek refuge from wrong doing.

32. Dont use the faulty logic that ˜I am young so I want to enjoy as much as I can before I get old and I will ask forgiveness before I die!

Such people almost never change on their own. They usually get worse because sins become a part of their character that they can no more rid themselves of than they could the noses on their faces. Being good or right according to Islam has absolutely no importance in their lives. Almost anything else is more important than their religion and they couldnt care less about how Allah sees them. They may even be ashamed to be Muslim! This is a sure sign that they are headed for the worst fate if they dont change.

You are a Muslim and you must not take a defeated attitude or think that your sins affect you only. When the Muslims complain of their position or situation it is because there are too many of them who take the attitude that Islam is not the number one concern in their lives and it is not important to follow or that its for ˜old people. Are you a part of the problem or part of the solution? Practicing Islam to the fullest is a cause for great inner joy, satisfaction and happiness and totally eliminates the desire or need for any other means to feel good, better or best.

May Allah help you to be the kind of youth that all Muslims can be proud of

Avoid Hypocrisy
Strengthen Your Faith
Depend On Allah
Make Your Islam Real

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-18-2008, 08:20 PM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah nice thread!

May Allah help you to be the kind of youth that all Muslims can be proud of
Ameen, Summa Ameen....

krypton6
01-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Some are a bit off if you ask me; For example is stealing better than lying and Is taking drugs better than listening to music?
And some are simply not sins for example;

Rarely give to charity, not enjoying listening to the quran, not doing homework properly... You get the point

MartyrX
01-18-2008, 09:49 PM
˜I am young so I want to enjoy as much as I can before I get old and I will ask forgiveness before I die!

That used to be me. I'm glad those days are over. Nice article! Thank you very much!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-18-2008, 10:00 PM
hehe...#14 is a major sin?

eek!!!! HHHEEEELPPP!! I DUNT WANNA GO TO HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk..me is a docta...soon...sometime after 4 years of highschool...in yemen...or here in the boring u.s....idc..all works fo me...i even do it fo free if i got to..

:w:

ansar.tajudeen
01-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Alhamdulillah ......
its a nice with sound reminder to all of us
masha allah
:)
may allah guide us the straight path....

Ameen!!!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.