/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Whatever you abandoned for Allah, do not return to it!

MinAhlilHadeeth
01-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Whatever you abandoned for Allah, do not return to it!

The following is a summary translation taken from sahab.net

http://www.sahab.net/forums/showthre...hreadid=352134

Sheikk Uthaymeen, may Allah have mercy upon him, said in his explanation of the hadith of Sa’d bin Abi Waqaas in the chapter of sincerity and intention in Riyaadis Saaliheen.

The second affair: That no one from amongst them would return to Mecca after they had left it migrating to Allah and His Messenger.

Because if you leave a land migrating to Allah and His Messenger then it is like the wealth that you gave in charity, it is not possible that you can take it back.

And in a similar fashion, everything that the person leaves for the sake of Allah, then it is not possible that they return to it.

And with this; many of the people have been given success to remove the televisions from their homes thus making repentance to Allah and placing themselves far away from it and the evil that it contains; so they say, ‘is it now possible for us to return the television to our homes?’

We say, no; after you have removed it for the sake of Allah do not return it. Because if the person abandons something for the sake of Allah and makes hijra from something for the sake of Allah, he does not return to it. And for this reason the Messenger, peace and blessings are upon him, asked his Lord to allow his companions to continue in their hijra.

Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ummAbdillah
01-18-2008, 06:24 PM
:sl: great post, Jazakillah khayr for sharing.

------
01-18-2008, 08:16 PM
:salamext:

Nice post ukhtee, but sometimes people turn back to their old ways even after repenting

------
04-07-2008, 01:07 PM

* B U M P

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2008, 05:59 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Masha'Allah! Such benefical post!

Alhamdulillah, I don't have any of televisions in my house. I have loads loads of books in my house and it was good to getting more of knowledge in my mind, Insha'Allah!

Allah Knows Best.

TrueStranger
04-07-2008, 06:25 PM
What if you have abandoned a certain person for the sake of Allah, can one return to that person if he or she changes his methods, and follows and obeys Allah?

------
04-07-2008, 06:26 PM

^ Allaahu Aalim sis... better to ask a scholar inshaaAllaah :)

TrueStranger
04-07-2008, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

^ Allaahu Aalim sis... better to ask a scholar inshaaAllaah :)
Thanks, that is only if i can find a scholar. I think I should just pray that Allah replace him with a better person :D

FatimaAsSideqah
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Thanks, that is only if i can find a scholar. I think I should just pray that Allah replace him with a better person :D

Insha'Allah! :)

TrueStranger
04-07-2008, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RighteousLady

Insha'Allah! :)
Wa-Alaikum-Salaam. Yes Insha'Allah

Or time will be on my side, and i will easily forget, and let the past be the past.

Allah knows Best.

------
04-07-2008, 06:48 PM

You’ve probably heard this millions of times, but time heals sis. :)

TrueStranger
04-07-2008, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

You’ve probably heard this millions of times, but time heals sis. :)
:w:

I never really paid much attention to that saying, but these days it's good to hear it again and again.:)

Time does truly heal, one of the blessings of Allah. :D: (Am I right to say that) ???

------
04-08-2008, 10:11 AM

^ Yeh mashaaAllaah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.