/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Number of Rakahs in your prayer

PersianPrince
01-18-2008, 08:05 PM
:sl:

I always pray the full number of Rakahs for every Salah. So for Isha, I perform up to 17 Rakahs. Sometimes, when I'm feeling unwell, people tell me to just perform the Faraz. I decline and pray the full amount. I am wondering about the consequences of doing a reduced amount. I don't feel like reducing it. I feel bad.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
01-19-2008, 05:53 AM
You put me to shame brother, isha is the only prayer i do not pray all the rakats,

Allahamdulillah that you do feel bad, i personally dont know why i dont , it is only a few more minutes, Inshalllah i will try my best from today

truemuslim
01-19-2008, 05:59 AM
*guilty and ashamed*

hehe there are 17 rakahs of isha?? tell me the other news plz??FWI i hate hell..hehe... i only pray the 4 rakah's for isha but before it the sinnah and after it the other sinnah so its only 8 rakahs

PersianPrince
01-19-2008, 06:42 AM
:sl: all, and thank you for your comments. I haven't always been a regular with prayers. It is only very recently I have kept up. For Isha, I am doing the following.

4 Sunnah
4 Faraz
2 Sunnah
2 Nafl
3 Vitr
2 Nafl

Are these wrong? My parents taught me these and this is what they do... It takes me about 25-30 mins to perform this.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-19-2008, 06:52 AM
^^^ OOOOOHHHH ... lol ..now i feel bad for not knowin this before...mashallah u pray all this for isha...is this for isha only? or any others too?

PersianPrince
01-19-2008, 06:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^^^ OOOOOHHHH ... lol ..now i feel bad for not knowin this before...mashallah u pray all this for isha...is this for isha only? or any others too?
For Fajr, I was told that I should do 2 Sunnah + 2 Faraz
For Zohr, 4 Sunnah + 4 Faraz + 2 Sunnah + 2 Nafl
For Asr, 4 Sunnah + 4 Faraz
For Maghrib, 3 Faraz + 2 Sunnah + 2 Nafl

I hope these are correct..

truemuslim
01-19-2008, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince

oh ok thanks brother so much... i is gonna do this now... i usually pray 2 sunnah before and after each prayer...takin my time tho of course.. i didnt kno about all of these salah's before... :embarrass:embarrass <<< way more now because i is gonna go to google and search how to pray all this..thanks.. :w:

PersianPrince
01-19-2008, 07:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
oh ok thanks brother so much... i is gonna do this now... i usually pray 2 sunnah before and after each prayer...takin my time tho of course.. i didnt kno about all of these salah's before... :embarrass:embarrass <<< way more now because i is gonna go to google and search how to pray all this..thanks.. :w:
Thanks truemuslim. I am trying to verify if all this is accurate. If you find something, let me know! :D

anonymous
01-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Salaam,

To the original poster- yeah thats what I was taught to, but apparently you do not haver to pray all the rakats

I THINK but I am not sure (someone please clarify) that the MINIMUM rakat for each namaz are the following:

FAJR- 2 FARZ
ZUHR-4 FARZ
ASR-4 FARZ
MAGHRIB-3 FARZ
ISHA- 4 FARZ 3 WITR AND SOME SAY ALSO 2 SUNNAT

am not entirely sure thogh :thumbs_do

------
01-19-2008, 05:23 PM
:salamext:

PersianPrince

that's fine

anoymous ^^ Ur right :)

Mysterious Uk
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
i have always prayed For Fajr 4, For Zohr, 12, For Asr, 8 For Maghrib, 7 and for eisha 17. My parents do this so i do it too, i didn't think i had an option of cutting it short.:uuh:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.