/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What if a Fish Has a Hole in it?

Fishman
01-18-2008, 10:59 PM
:sl:
OK, here's a good question arising from an incredibly bizzare discussion in our history lesson today: what happens if a fish has a hole, like a gunshot wound or the like? Does it fill with water and sink (which I think it does), or does it float?
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
01-18-2008, 11:01 PM
wierd question... prolly hmm...prolly..oh i thkn it wud sink...mayb...ignore my post..i duntk no nutin neway

p.s. u must really like fish bro.lol..btw that avatar freaks me out..i hate lookin at fish like dat

Mikayeel
01-18-2008, 11:04 PM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله تعالى وبركاته

lool indeed a bizarre discussion:P, well it prob would will with water due osmosis( and sink).. but it would die before it even does so:P because it looses to much blood

Fishman
01-18-2008, 11:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamada
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله تعالى وبركاته

lool indeed a bizarre discussion:P, well it prob would will with water due osmosis( and sink).. but it would die before it even does so:P because it looses to much blood
The discussion started when I called fishing 'fish hunting', and everybody got the wrong end of the stick and thought I was suggesting some kind of sport in which people have guns and go around shooting fish. This lead the question 'what would happen when the fish died?'. Some people thought that it would inflate with water and rise to the surface, whilst others thought it would sink. Many more people thought that the conversation was just too weird for them and didn't comment...

I'm not sure now, because isn't a fish filled with stuff (blood, muscles, organs etc) all ready? Where would the water pour into?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
01-18-2008, 11:11 PM
you the fishman bro, put a hole in yourself and jump in water and see what happens :D loq

Mikayeel
01-18-2008, 11:12 PM
The cells would take in the water by osmosis thats for sure(they go fat and burst), but if it then sinks or floats i dont know:) let one of the wiser brother/sister answer it salam:)

truemuslim
01-18-2008, 11:13 PM
^^^ LOLOLOLOL chaca I IS LAUGHING NOW!! FINALLY THE FUNNY THING FO TODAY...

*bored again*

p.s. how do yall kno so much bout fish?

جوري
01-18-2008, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
you the fishman bro, put a hole in yourself and jump in water and see what happens :D loq
depends on how one dies right?
if one dies on land gets dumped in the water, his lungs will be filled with air and he'll surface to the top, the politce will find him in a couple of hours of good search, unless his murderer tied him down with some weight!..
if a person dies 'drowned' lungs will be filled with water will likey weigh him down..

Fishman
01-18-2008, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
depends on how one dies right?
if one dies on land gets dumped in the water, his lungs will be filled with air and he'll surface to the top, the politce will find him in a couple of hours of good search, unless his murderer tied him down with some weight!..
if a person dies 'drowned' lungs will be filled with water will likey weigh him down..

Dude, fish don't have lungs! :D

جوري
01-18-2008, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Dude, fish don't have lungs! :D
??
my answer was to the analogy of killing a human not a fish!
fish have gills what is the point?

Fishman
01-18-2008, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
??
my answer was to the analogy of killing a human not a fish!
fish have gills what is the point?
Jalebi was impling that I am a fish, because of my username...

جوري
01-18-2008, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Jalebi was impling that I am a fish, because of my username...
Oh I see.. anyhow to answer your original Q.. many factors will go into whether a fish with a hole in it drownes or surfaces to the top.
the size of the hole, the weight and shape of the fish, the weight of the water.. to name a few..

Mikayeel
01-18-2008, 11:27 PM
oke i came to the conclussion, they dont sink but they go to the surface, otherwise whats the point of hunting them if they sink:) they might sink if u leave them for hours, or days

crayon
01-19-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm thinking that the fish would die before having time to sink or float due to it's insides being injured. Therefore, it would ....? Wait. Dead fish float, right? Well, anyway, they do what dead fish would do when they die. Which is float, if I'm not mistaken...

Pk_#2
01-19-2008, 01:24 PM
Fishman, when fishes die, they don't sink, they float, I don't think that if it had a hole in it it would sink, cause the inside of a fish isn't thaat big, unless it's a whale or sutin,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

mano_the_cat
01-19-2008, 07:28 PM
here fishy fishy ... here fishy fish ...
im coming to your rescue oh delicious fishy ... come to me ... i will dine with you on my platter :D
thats what will happen to the cute fishy :)

snakelegs
01-19-2008, 07:33 PM
don't fish have an air bladder? so wouldn't it depend on whether it was full or empty at the time?
btw, some native americans hunted salmon with bow and arrow!

Omari
01-19-2008, 07:38 PM
HAVE you guys seen the movie "CAST AWAY?" The guys SPEARS a fish :|

lol, so pointless i know

Omari

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.