/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Divorce advice

nadia85
01-19-2008, 12:50 PM
Salam all It s been about 6 weeks since me and my husband decided 2 split up he said talak X3 but we still have our uk law marrige certificted not sure what my next step is any advice I mean Islamicaly we r divorced but cant b botherd with the other takes long time and money etc any 1 been trough this

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Angelzz
01-20-2008, 03:01 AM
not exactly the same way sis -- however as long as you wait your iddah period your free to remarry islamically.

Its only the legal paperwork thats like a cloud that looms --- however I guess this comes down to you --- if you would like a clean slate and move on with no skeletons to come back to haunt you --- its best to get a legal divorce .

Also so you can register any new marriage also -- just helps when there is kids etc involved but these are all your choices.

Islamically -- your divorced, you wait your iddah period and after that you can be approached or look for another marriage. whether or not your legally (UK law) divorced or not.

Muslim Woman
01-20-2008, 10:07 AM
:w:

format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
Salam all It s been about 6 weeks since me and my husband decided 2 split up he said talak X3

oh no , why he needed to say talak three times ? I read in an article that a man gave 3 talak at a time & Prophet (p) became very angry & scolded him for making Allah's law as a fun . Also , it considered as one talak.

Anyway , as it's a very sensitive issue , pl. talk to a learned Imam.

may Allah ease the matter for u , Ameen.

PS. here is a link u will get phone numbers of mosques

http://www.muslimconverts.com/masjids/

Green Lane Masjid
20 Green Lane
Small Heath
Birmingham
B9 5DB
T: 0121 773 0019
F: 0121 766 8779

MAIDSTONE
Islamic center
20-28 Mote Road
Maidstone
Kent
ME15 6ES
T: 01622 759973

& more

nadia85
01-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Salam sis he said it 3 times cause I asked him 2 cause we wonted to divorce.So after 2 months is it allowed 2 do another Nikkah???

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
01-21-2008, 05:22 PM
:w:

Salam sis he said it 3 times cause I asked him 2 cause we wonted to divorce.
but say talak one time is enough & this is the right way go for divorce . Uttering 3 talak at a time is forbidden.

So after 2 months is it allowed 2 do another Nikkah???
u can remarry when u finish ur Iddat period...it's when u have ur 3 periods / menses. it's to make sure that u r not pregnant. If u r pregnant , then u have to wait till give birth.

Rules are different depending if u marrying ex-husband or a different one .

So , Pl . talk to a learned Imam to avoid unIslamic matters. U 2 already did a mistake ...don't repeat mistakes pl.

may Allah help u , Ameen.

nadia85
01-21-2008, 07:25 PM
so saying talak 3 times is haram I thought that was the way 2 get divorced not 2 say it once but 3 times??And also my x husband went to a few mosques for advice and they said we r divorced he explained 2 the Iman how it hapend and they said it was divorce saying talak 3 times

aamirsaab
01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
:sl:
HOLY Book of Allah! Woman, talk to an imaam not us supremus geekus!

Muslim Woman
01-22-2008, 02:24 AM

.....they said it was divorce saying talak 3 times
of course , if husband say talak & don't withdraw talak before Iddat time is passed , talak will take place.

are u 2 planning to reunited ?

nadia85
01-22-2008, 08:41 AM
NO we will not get back together

Muslim Woman
01-22-2008, 08:54 AM

NO we will not get back together
ok ...u r in ur middle of Iddat period . U can't marry other person right now . U have to wait till u have 3 periods.

about ur other questions , u may ask Imam online.

The following site regularly invites Imams & arrage fatwa sessions. Keep an eye on that site & ask Imam.

http://www.islamonline.net/english/index.shtml

Malaikah
01-22-2008, 10:06 AM
so saying talak 3 times is haram I thought that was the way 2 get divorced not 2 say it once but 3 times??And also my x husband went to a few mosques for advice and they said we r divorced he explained 2 the Iman how it hapend and they said it was divorce saying talak 3 times

No sister, that is not the proper way divorce. The way you have done is valid but as far as I know (in other words, the divorce happens), but also sinful.

The proper way to divorce is for the husband to say I divorce you once. That you are divorced but you are allowed to marry each other again in the future. The husband has until the end of the waiting period to take it back. (I don't remember if you need to renew the contract though).

After that, if the couple gets back together and the husband says I divorce you again, you still have to the option to marry each other again but this it is the right of the wife to decide if she wants to stick with the marriage, not teh husband.

But after the third time, the marriage is over and the man and woman can't marry each other again unless the woman remarries and then get a divorce (not sure if it applies to becoming widowed).

I hope that makes sense. :)

Muslim Woman
01-22-2008, 05:39 PM

sis , u may ask ur question here :

The Da`iyah, Zienab Mostafa ProfessionA prominent Muslim Scholar and Da`iyah SubjectFatwas on Women Issues Date Thursday,Jan 24 ,2008 Time Makkah
From
... 15:30...To... 17:00
GMT

http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa/english/select.asp

From
... 12:30...To...14:00

Muslim Woman
01-27-2008, 04:52 PM

here is a good article on the procudure of divorce. All must read it as there are so many misconceptions about it.

Divorce: Islamic Procedure & Rulings

You can also read:
Divorce Should Be the Final Resort
Ruling on Triple Divorce

Allah Almighty knows best.

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=1119503543322

glo
01-27-2008, 09:08 PM
How important is the British marriage law to you, when you are married/divorced Islamically??

Many British people are not legally married, so can't you just ignore the legal marriage aspect? I imagine that Islamically it has no bearing at all ...

chosen
01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
I am not muslim..however, I have to ask if there were any witnesses to this islamic divorce..things could get sticky if there were no witnesses and you are still legally married..couldnt he come back and deny the divorce ever took place..Wouldnt it be best to have him sign somthing and have it witnessed..this way you are protecting yourself from any future problems...maybe I am wrong but I would not feel right with just my word and his word...could cause too many problems..

Muslim Woman
01-28-2008, 06:13 PM

related links

What is the validity of the divorce certificate outside and in U.K.?

IN U.K.

The Islamic Sharia Council deals with the islamic divorce only and islamic divorce certificate issued by it has neither any association with the civil divorce nor has any bearing on it.

Where a couple had an islamic marriage only and did not have a civil registration, civil divorce is not required and Islamic divorce cerfiticate will suffice them.

Divorce : Sharia Style - Channel 4, Sunday 3rd February 2008 at 7pm

Exploring the deeper themes of Sharia Law as well as looking at how the Council deals with some of the very 21st-century problems people come to it with, this programme offers an insight into this long-established but little-known court of Islamic law.

How to contact us:
Advice Line Number: 0870 300 1424
Office Tel: 020 8558 0581
Fax: 020 8558 7872
eMail: info@islamic-sharia.org

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/divorc...de-and-in.html

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/divorc...h-her-hus.html

http://www.islamic-sharia.org/divorce-talaq/index.php

mimian
01-31-2008, 06:54 PM
salam sister i went through the same thing.i got my islamic divorce and i had to go to court to get my dicorce fromcourt too.i dont know the laws in
uk .im in canada,it toulk me one year my x was giving me hard time with the divorce because he new i was going to get remarried thats why i got an ligal aid lawyer .he never showed up in court so the judge signed for my divorce.good luck sis.

allah hafiz
mariam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.