/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Hair Gel count as an impurity when performing a prayer?

PersianPrince
01-19-2008, 02:47 PM
:sl:

Sorry for writing more posts on prayers. I was just wondering if Hair Gel should be completely washed out (at the time of ablution) before doing any prayer. Does it count as an impurity that must be removed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-19-2008, 08:09 PM
:salamext:

As-Salamu `Alaykum, are Muslims allowed to put on hair gel that has alcohol in it?
http://www.readingislam.com/servlet/...EAskTheScholar

Online thing I've been able to find, sorry...

------
01-19-2008, 08:10 PM

Is masah for wudhu valid if a person uses gel on his hair.
In the name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful

Assalaamu `alaykum waRahmatullahi Wabarakatoh

1)- Masah for wudhu will be valid if a person uses gel on his hair, as long as the effect of the gel is similar to that of oil upon the head .

2)- However , if the effect of the gel on the head is more thicker , similar to grease or lard [cooking fat] , then in this case the masah will not be valid .

And Allah knows best

Wassalam

Ml. Abdul Hameed,
Student Darul Iftaa

Checked and Approved by:

Mufti Ebrahim Desai
Darul Iftaa, Madrassah In'aamiyyah

http://www.askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.p...39d4f25fc16b91

qassy!
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
1)- Masah for wudhu will be valid if a person uses gel on his hair, as long as the effect of the gel is similar to that of oil upon the head .

2)- However , if the effect of the gel on the head is more thicker , similar to grease or lard [cooking fat] , then in this case the masah will not be valid .
Thank god, because that would of ment all my namaz wouldnt of counted!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-21-2008, 03:02 AM
LOOOL... my brother is addicted with hair gel..his hair is all...hard...when he is done he comes to me and tells me to feel it..then goes outside plays street basketball with his friends and messes it all up with sweat... he dunt pray tho so this wouldnt be a question to be asking for him..he gon now anyway..(yemen..) hair gel.. i never even thought about it being haram when praying and all..but at least we all know now..or already knew..

InToTheRain
01-21-2008, 04:08 AM
Don't use hair gel, use oil, I recommend olive oil. Far better for the hair in the long run. Not the oil left over from the pan used to fry somosas ofcourse :ooh:... use that incase of emergencies.

:w:

truemuslim
01-21-2008, 04:11 AM
^^^ LOOOOOOL yeah i luv olive oil ...(hindus use it too..thaz why they got good hair) its good and natural...

p.s. i luuuuvv sambosas...

PersianPrince
01-21-2008, 08:13 AM
I know some people who gel their hair all the way to the roots. I avoid this. I only gel mostly the tips of my hair and I only use a small amount to hold the shape, as my hair is cut the way I (need?) want it. In other words, the gel "holds" the hair into place. Oil would probably encourage my hair to curl as my hair is a little wavy. I think the best hair cut I had was in Japan. People started talking to me in Japanese!

Anyway, wrong place for such discussion. I guess I will make sure that I keep the hair gel moderate. And if necessary, I will cancel the gel's effect during Wudu and re-apply it afterwards, if I really need to!

truemuslim
01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
^^ yah it does keep it in place..makes it all hard feelin right? smells amazing... and makes ur hair look good... oil makes it soft and good..gel makes it hard and good...temporarly..i kno i didnt spell that one right.

------
01-21-2008, 10:43 AM

^ Temporarily sis :D

I only gel mostly the tips of my hair and I only use a small amount to hold the shape, as my hair is cut the way I (need?) want it.
Masah should be ok then Inshaa Allaah, although it's still better to ask ur local imaam or something.

Allaahu Aalim

qassy!
01-21-2008, 12:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
LOOOL... my brother is addicted with hair gel..his hair is all...hard...when he is done he comes to me and tells me to feel it..then goes outside plays street basketball with his friends and messes it all up with sweat... he dunt pray tho so this wouldnt be a question to be asking for him..he gon now anyway..(yemen..) hair gel.. i never even thought about it being haram when praying and all..but at least we all know now..or already knew..

lol people like touching my hair to see how hard it is, but I just put my phone on my hair just to show them, as i have a spike up hair cut the hair stays spiked up even with my phone on it :)

PersianPrince
01-21-2008, 07:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
lol people like touching my hair to see how hard it is, but I just put my phone on my hair just to show them, as i have a spike up hair cut the hair stays spiked up even with my phone on it :)
Now that is funny! Don't go putting trucks/buses on there, like the old Volvo adverts!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.