/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weight problem.

anonymous
01-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Assalaams.

So most of us have problems LOSING weight. But what about putting ON weight. I always been very slim from a young age, (most people would say skinny, which may I point out , I see as an insult). At the age of 28, I weigh only 6 stones, maybe 6 and a half. Can anyone suggest how to gain weight, I would like to be AT LEAST 8 stones, I have been to the doctors, says I am perfectly healthy, I should be happy with my weight as I am not that much underweight (dont know who he was trying to kid). Most people say its due to fast metabolism.. Are there any kind of vitamins or any other type of medicine that would help me to gain weight? Im getting married in a few months and I would like to actually FIT into my lengha rather than drown in it. Lol.

Any help would be very much appreciated

W.Salaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
01-19-2008, 07:58 PM
:salamext:

Fatty foods :D And if ur a Pakistani, make sure lots of butter and ghee :D

Burgers, chips, milkshakes, oh and dont forget chocolate! :D

anonymous
01-19-2008, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AhLÄÄM

Fatty foods :D And if ur a Pakistani, make sure lots of butter and ghee :D

Burgers, chips, milkshakes, oh and dont forget chocolate! :D
Honey, I eat like a horse, I STUFFF Ma face with ALL of the above 24 7 lol

Tried it, does nothing :thumbs_do:okay:

piXie
01-19-2008, 09:21 PM
:w:

lol sis, aksar loag shaadi se pehle esse hote hai:

('')
/[.]\
_/\_

phir shaadi ke baad ese ho jate hain:

(',')
/( . )\
_/ \_

in kamo mei hame zeda fikar nahin karni chahiye, bas khow piyo, khush row, sehat banow, aur khud ba khud apne time mei moti ho jow gi insha'Allaah :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
01-19-2008, 10:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Honey, I eat like a horse, I STUFFF Ma face with ALL of the above 24 7 lol

Tried it, does nothing :thumbs_do:okay:
Yeah I know exactly how you feel, my doctor gave me appetizing pills which are menno make you a donkey x a thousand, your menno be atleast near obesity by the end of the month, I think the problem with me is I have a lot of sugar and get high and run around alot lol

:sl:

anonymous
01-20-2008, 11:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
:w:

lol sis, aksar loag shaadi se pehle esse hote hai:

('')
/[.]\
_/\_

phir shaadi ke baad ese ho jate hain:

(',')
/( . )\
_/ \_

in kamo mei hame zeda fikar nahin karni chahiye, bas khow piyo, khush row, sehat banow, aur khud ba khud apne time mei moti ho jow gi insha'Allaah :D

LOL SIS!!!!!!!!!

krypton6
01-20-2008, 11:58 AM
Eat as much protein and fat as you can, and lift some weights right after. You'll gain alot of fat around your legs and arms and it shouldnt take too long.

anonymous
01-20-2008, 01:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

I've been told to eat more than I can handle and due to my high metabolism I get hungry very quickly, so as soon as you're feeling hungry fill up to the top again, this may mean that you're required to have lunch up to 10 times a day, and no this doesn't mean through fatty foods, through your usual diet...Such as rice and curry.

All the best sister.

w'salam.
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lol, I eat- I dont under-eat, BUT it doesnt take much to make me feel stuufed to the max. So that^^^ wont work for me lol. 10 times a day!?? I think I eat twice a day. :playing:

Woodrow
01-20-2008, 02:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Assalaams.

So most of us have problems LOSING weight. But what about putting ON weight. I always been very slim from a young age, (most people would say skinny, which may I point out , I see as an insult). At the age of 28, I weigh only 6 stones, maybe 6 and a half. Can anyone suggest how to gain weight, I would like to be AT LEAST 8 stones, I have been to the doctors, says I am perfectly healthy, I should be happy with my weight as I am not that much underweight (dont know who he was trying to kid). Most people say its due to fast metabolism.. Are there any kind of vitamins or any other type of medicine that would help me to gain weight? Im getting married in a few months and I would like to actually FIT into my lengha rather than drown in it. Lol.

Any help would be very much appreciated

W.Salaam

There is a very important part of your post, that I made read. Now the next question should be how do you feel physically? If you feel good and the doctor checks you out as being healthy, the problem may be you are concerned more about your appearance thany our health.

Many people often feel they are not physically attractive because they are either too thin or too heavy. That should not be your main concern. It is far worse to look like what you consider to be attractive, but feel ill all of the time because of improper weight for your body type.

The truth is most of us will not look like movie or TV stars. Most of us look like real people and we come in a variety of sizes and shape. We are individuals and not cookie cutter imitations of what Hollywood is trying to tell us we are supposed to look like. It is much better to be a healthy you instead of a sick cheap reproduction of somebody in a movie.

Ibn Al Aqwa
01-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Inshaa'Allaah no offence to you hear,

Allaah created you that way, you are healthy, be grateful :)

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rehmatullaah

anonymous
01-20-2008, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
There is a very important part of your post, that I made read. Now the next question should be how do you feel physically? If you feel good and the doctor checks you out as being healthy, the problem may be you are concerned more about your appearance thany our health.

Many people often feel they are not physically attractive because they are either too thin or too heavy. That should not be your main concern. It is far worse to look like what you consider to be attractive, but feel ill all of the time because of improper weight for your body type.

The truth is most of us will not look like movie or TV stars. Most of us look like real people and we come in a variety of sizes and shape. We are individuals and not cookie cutter imitations of what Hollywood is trying to tell us we are supposed to look like. It is much better to be a healthy you instead of a sick cheap reproduction of somebody in a movie.
Jazakallah for your advice.But 6 stones at my age? Im probably a size 0 you know- the size that most 'models' would do anything for. But to me thats classed as SKINNY- I hate even SAYING the word.

anonymous
01-20-2008, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -Ibn Al Aqwa-
Inshaa'Allaah no offence to you hear,

Allaah created you that way, you are healthy, be grateful :)

Wa Alaikum Salaam Wa Rehmatullaah
:)
:)

Ummu Sufyaan
01-21-2008, 05:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
yeah sis, i agree. If there isnt any underlaying health issues, dont worry about it too much :sunny:
:sl:

syilla
01-21-2008, 06:28 AM

Take my fat...i'll be happy to give it to you free of charge.

Be happy ukhtee...i'm sure alot girls are envy with you. Not everyone can eat as much as you can :yawn:

truemuslim
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
BURGER KING...

anyway i dunt kno 'stones' i kno pounds

rozeena
01-22-2008, 03:06 PM
eat alot of burgers chips, biscuits, chocolates,crisps, pizzas.yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmi!!! lol. No jus keep eating helthy n dnt do exercise lol im onli jokin. i want to advise u bt im quite thin myself lol.

*~Sofia~*
01-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Salams sis,

I think what a few members here have said correctly: as long as you are healthy there isn't much to worry about.

Eating all those fatty foods some people have mentioned won't be good on your health sis, externally you might not see any change, but im sure internally all those fatty foods may be having an effect. Just my opinion neway..

Im 20 and about 6 stones too, i guess some of us are just meant to be petite :D

Just be happy about yourself.. your young and healthy alhamdulillah that should be enough... and just ignore anyone who tells you ur the S word :P

Keep smiling sis :D

w'salam
xxx

anonymous
01-22-2008, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *~Sofia~*
Salams sis,

I think what a few members here have said correctly: as long as you are healthy there isn't much to worry about.

Eating all those fatty foods some people have mentioned won't be good on your health sis, externally you might not see any change, but im sure internally all those fatty foods may be having an effect. Just my opinion neway..

Im 20 and about 6 stones too, i guess some of us are just meant to be petite :D

Just be happy about yourself.. your young and healthy alhamdulillah that should be enough... and just ignore anyone who tells you ur the S word :P

Keep smiling sis :D

w'salam
xxx
;)

I guess being a size 8 isnt so bad, :D

MaiCarInMtl
01-22-2008, 08:44 PM
Ok, first off, don't eat bad food! Weight gain will be caused by an excess in calories, the easiest way to make those calories add up is to eat bad food, but you have to ask yourself if the impact on your body is worth it? (I'm talking health problems further down the road due to poor food choices)

Instead, try to stick to healthy foods that have more fibre, higher in carbs (opt for whole grains), fruits, veggies and protein sources.

I highly suggest you go to the gym and try to transform that energy into muscle (and not just let it fester and become fat). Your body will thank you and you will feel more confident.

Go see a nutritionist (you mentionned a doctor, but was it a nutritionist) and ask them for their professional help and advice.

If all else fails, contact me, I'd be more than happy to give you my excess fat that just won't go away!!!!

anonymous
01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MaiCarInMtl
If all else fails, contact me, I'd be more than happy to give you my excess fat that just won't go away!!!!
:D:D:D:D I would love an extra 2 stones, send them my way Lol :okay:

Lina
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
Healthy?

Say: Alhamdulilah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.