/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Right of Allaah upon His Slaves- Section #001

Umm Yoosuf
01-19-2008, 08:55 PM

Take Your Creed from The Book (Qur'aan) and The Authenticated Sunnah - Section #001 - The Right of Allaah upon His Slaves

By Shaykh Muhammad Ibn Jameel Zaynoo

Fundamentals of the Islaamic Creed. This article is set up in a question and answer format for clear explanations. The Muslims will be helped when they return to the implementation of the Book of their Lord, and the Sunnah of their Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam), and when they take to the propagation of Tawheed, and when they warn against shirk in opposition to its manifestations, and when they defend against their enemies with whatever is feasible from strength.

SECTION 1 - THE RIGHT OF ALLAAH UPON HIS SLAVES.

Q1. Why did Allaah create us?

A1. He created us for his worship, and not to associate anything with Him. And the proof is the Statement of Allaah the Exalted:

He created us for his worship, and not to associate anything with Him. And the proof is the Statement of Allaah the Exalted:

"And I did not create the Jinn or mankind except to worship Me." [Sooratudh Dhaariyaat]

And the statement of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam): "The right of Allaah upon His slaves is that they worship Him, and that they do not associate anything with Him." [Agreed Upon]

Q2. What is worship?

A2. Worship is the comprehensive name of everything Allaah loves, from sayings and actions such as supplication, prayer, and slaughtering, and other than these. Allaah says:

"Say: verily my prayer, and my sacrifice, and my living, and my dying are for Allaah the Lord of all the worlds." [Sooratul An'aam][note: 'my sacrifice' means: slaughtering animals for Allaah]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Allaah said, 'And the thing that brings my slave closer to Me with something beloved to me is that which I have obligated upon him.'" [a Hadeeth Qudsee, related by Bukhaaree]

Q3. How do we worship Allaah?

A3. As Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) have commanded us. Allaah the Exalted said:

As Allaah and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) have commanded us. Allaah the Exalted said:

"O you who believe, obey Allaah, and obey the Messenger, and do not invalidate your actions." [Sooratul Muhammad]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: .[Muslim]

Q4. Do we worship Allaah with fear and hope?

A4. Yes, we worship Him like that. Allaah says in praise of the Believers:

"They call on their Lord with fear and hope." [Sooratus Sajdah]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "I ask Allaah for Paradise, and I seek refuge with Him from the Fire." [Abu Daawood, authentic]

Q5. What is ihsaan in worship?

A5. Ihsaan is contemplating deeply on Allaah in worship. Allaah the Exalted said:

"The One who sees you when you stand, and who changes you in the two prostrations." [Sooratush Shu'araa]

And the Prophet(sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Ihsaan is that you worship Allaah as though you see Him, so even though you cannot see Him, verily He sees you." [Muslim]

The Types of Tawheed and Their Benefits

Q6. Why did Allaah send messengers?

A6. He sent them to call the people to His worship, and to negate partners from Him. Allaah says:

"And verily We sent to every nation a messenger so that they worship Allaah, and avoid Taaghoot."[Taaghoot: A satan calling to the worship of anything other than Allaah.]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "...and the prophets are brothers...and their religion is one." [The hadeeth is agreed upon.]

Q7. What is Tawheedur Ruboobiyyah?

A7. It's Tawheed is in regards to actions such as creating and managing [all of creation] and other than these two things. Allaah said:

"All praise is due to Allaah, the Lord of all the worlds." [Sooratul Faatihah]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "You [Allaah] are the lord of the heavens and the earth." [Agreed Upon]

Q8. What is Tawheedul Uloohiyyah?

A8. It is singling Allaah out in all acts of worship such as supplication, and sacrifice, and taking oaths. Allaah the Exalted says:

"And you God is one God. There is no true diety except Him. The Most Merciful,[ar-Rahmaan] The Bestower of Mercy [ar-Raheem]."

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "So let the first thing you call them to be the testification that there is no true deity except Allaah." [Agreed Upon]

And in the narration of Bukhaaree: "To the assertion of the oneness of Allaah."

Q9. What is the Tawheed of the attributes of Allaah and His Names?

A9. It is to affirm what Allaah describes Himself with in His Book, or what His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) describes for Him in authentic hadeeths, or their real meanings. Without ta'weel [figurative interpretation], tafweedh [affirming the written word without a meaning], and without tamtheel [resembling Allaah to His creation], and without ta'ateel [denial]. This is for Attributes such as Istiwaa [ascension], and Allaah's descension, and the Hand, and other than those for what is befitting His Perfection. Allaah says:

"There is nothing like Him, and He is All-Seeing, All-Hearing." [Sooratush Shooraah]

And the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Allaah descends at every night to the lowest part of the Heavens." [Muslim]

Allaah descends a descent befitting His Glory, not resembling anything of His creation.

Q10. Where is Allaah?

A10. Allaah is above His Throne, which is above the sky. Allaah the Exalted says:

"The Bestower of Mercy rose above the Throne." [Sooratut Taa-Haa]

This means He ascended and rose above. The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Verily Allaah wrote a book...so it is with Him above the Throne." [Agreed Upon]

Q11. Is Allaah with us?

A11. Allaah is with us in His Hearing, and His Seeing, and His Knowledge. Allaah the Exalted said:

"Say: Do not be afraid, verily I am with you both, I hear and I see." [Sooratut Taa-Haa]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Verily you are calling upon one who is All-Hearing. near, and He is with you. (Meaning: in His knowledge.)

Q12. What is the benefit of Tawheed?

A12. The benefit of Tawheed is having faith in the Hereafter, the punishment and the reward, whilst in this world, and the rejection of sins. Allaah the Exalted said:

"Those who believe and do not mix their faith with Dhulm, these are the ones for whom there is faith, and they are rightly guided." [Sooratul An'aam][Dhulm - to associate partners with Allaah.]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "The right of the slaves upon Allaah is that He does not punish the ones who do not associate anything with Him." [Agreed Upon]

The Conditions For The Acceptance of Actions:

Q13. What are the conditions for the acceptance of actions?

A13.The conditions for the acceptance of actions with Allaah are three:

1. Faith in Allaah and His Oneness. Allaah says:

"Verily those who believe and do righteous deeds, for them are Gardens of Paradise as a final abode." [Sooratul Kahf]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Say: I believe in Allaah, so I am steadfast." [Muslim]

2. Al-Ikhlaas - and it is performing deeds of worship for Allaah without obstinancy and arrogance. Allaah the Exalted says:

"So worship Allaah, purifying the religion for Him." [Sooratuz Zumar]

3. Stopping at what the Messenger (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) came with. Allaah the Exalted says:

"And whatever the Messenger gives you, then take it, and whatever he prohibits for you, then refrain." [Sooratul Hashr]

The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said: "Whoever performs an action not in accordance with our affair, then it is rejected. [Muslim]

http://forpeopleofunderstanding.blog...uraan-and.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.