/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help....please

AnonymousPoster
01-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

I hope you are all well inshallah......I just wanted some words of assurance from you all inshallah, to give peace to my mind becuase for the past couple of years iv been struggling with my faith.....Il tel you all the basics, to cut a long story short, when I was younger I started reading namaz, carrying out good deeds, making sure I was doing halal and avoiding the haraam etc, I loved offering salat, I was helping people to read and telling them that it is the key to success etc, I was extremely happy, so so happy..but one day I was offering salat, I think it was Asr and a though came into my head saying 'Why are you reading namaz?' 'What's the point of it all?' 'Allah is not real' 'You are wasting your time' these thoughts bombarded me till I got to the point where I stopped reading etc...I spoke to people and they assured me that it was the Shaytan and his whispering and that I should ignore it....I must strengthen my imaan to attack these lies within my mind and I wanted to ask you all that why did this happen and what can I do from now on to never doubt Allah and His beloved Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) again?...becuase everytime I think about offering salat the thoughts come back to me and it gets to the point where I struggle and think about it and I don't even concentrate on my namaz, and I start getting headaches...so I get sacared to read namaz..:cry: it is very upsetting, I jus want to get back to the way it was when my faith was pure and free from doubts, now I feel like it is ruined by these doubts and I feel that I don't believe properly anymore, it is very very very upsetting, it breaks my heart :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please help me brothers and sisters
Jazakhallah for taking time out to read my thread, may Allah (swt) reward you for your efforts and good intentions, ameen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PersianPrince
01-22-2008, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

I hope you are all well inshallah......I just wanted some words of assurance from you all inshallah, to give peace to my mind becuase for the past couple of years iv been struggling with my faith.....Il tel you all the basics, to cut a long story short, when I was younger I started reading namaz, carrying out good deeds, making sure I was doing halal and avoiding the haraam etc, I loved offering salat, I was helping people to read and telling them that it is the key to success etc, I was extremely happy, so so happy..but one day I was offering salat, I think it was Asr and a though came into my head saying 'Why are you reading namaz?' 'What's the point of it all?' 'Allah is not real' 'You are wasting your time' these thoughts bombarded me till I got to the point where I stopped reading etc...I spoke to people and they assured me that it was the Shaytan and his whispering and that I should ignore it....I must strengthen my imaan to attack these lies within my mind and I wanted to ask you all that why did this happen and what can I do from now on to never doubt Allah and His beloved Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) again?...becuase everytime I think about offering salat the thoughts come back to me and it gets to the point where I struggle and think about it and I don't even concentrate on my namaz, and I start getting headaches...so I get sacared to read namaz..:cry: it is very upsetting, I jus want to get back to the way it was when my faith was pure and free from doubts, now I feel like it is ruined by these doubts and I feel that I don't believe properly anymore, it is very very very upsetting, it breaks my heart :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Please help me brothers and sisters
Jazakhallah for taking time out to read my thread, may Allah (swt) reward you for your efforts and good intentions, ameen
:sl:

Please don't cry... Everything will work out Insha'Allah. I know this is a tricky feeling to experience. You appear to have the right intentions, but I can see you also want to *feel* positive about performing your prayers and strengthening your beliefs. The only thing I can advise is to look at and understand the meaning of Surah Fatiah. Try to perform a long prayer, such as Isha. Read each verse, take a pause and recall the meaning of each verse during your prayer. When you go into Sajood, take another pause. Try to recall the positive events in your day and think of passing your thanks to Allah for giving you such a wonderful day. You will begin to *feel* inside you, the gratitude towards Him.

Right.. enough said from me. I think you get the picture. Give it a try (if you like the idea)

Pure Imaan
01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Jazakhallah brother for taking time out to read my thread, I understand what you are saying, and I do actually do that and when i pause the thoughts come back to mess my mind up....my mind is messed up HOWEVER everything is clear in my heart cuz Allah is within my heart and I love Him sooo much, when I was not reading everythign was going wrong, but the day I started reading, I felt peace, I felt guided, everything good happened I also got a job which I was trying to get when I was not reading, alhumdullilah...anyway when I read the thoughts just don't leave me...even when I am in bed, it gets to the point where im sitting up and I just cry myself to sleep, it is very upseting, so so upsetting....please make dua for me brothers and sisters, I need my imaan to be ok, I need it to be pure and free from doubts

Pure Imaan
01-22-2008, 11:34 PM
I used the anonymous account first but it don't matter now...please brothers and sisters could you make dua for me...I feel as if my death is really near, I am not ill or anything alhumdullilah, but day by day deah comes approaches and I really want to sort my imaan out.....any suggestions, special dua's, any words of advice..I would really appreciate it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
PersianPrince
01-22-2008, 11:47 PM
:sl: my friend

No problem at all! We are all here to help one another. I can tell you that I had a somewhat similar feeling yesterday. I had realised a couple of things. First of all, I had been cleaning my room, so maybe I had picked up dirt or dust particles in my clothes. I realised into my first Rakah and decided to take a shower.

Also, check to see if you haven't dropped any religious materials on the floor. Another thing, check to see if your shoes or anything that can be deemed unclean have been removed from the area in which you are praying. By "unclean" I don't necessarily mean soiled with mud, but it could be that if you've been out all day, you may have picked up something negative. I say this because I drove home from work yesterday via some dodgy single-track road in the middle of nowhere - pitch black, lots of trees, no humans in site. Those areas my mum classifies as "no go" zones.

How about trying to pray in a different room? Also, check your room. Is everything clean? Perhaps your room needs blessing.

These are all things my mum normally advises me. I am not sure if I am correct in what I am saying. Maybe others will have better ideas.

PersianPrince
01-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Another thing. If it's night time, try to close your windows.

InToTheRain
01-22-2008, 11:59 PM
Assalamualaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,

Sister the fact that you are feeling the way you do and hate it shows that you have retained your faith Alhamdullilah as this hadith says:

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

Also see this Q&A insha'Allah, I pray it helps you:

Please advise me: I am having big doubts in Allah Ta'ala. I weep and make du'a for them to go away, but they don't. It is ruining my life, I feel like I am so far from the Deen now. I live in the U.S and the problem is when I look around at the complex cities and all the materials and history, it just doesn't seem to me that the purpose of all this is to Worship Allah. Please help me as I am very confused. I am a practicing Muslim, I do sin a lot but I make Tauba and I go to the Masjid on a daily basis.

In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,

Having doubts in Allah Almighty is perfectly natural and one should avoid being too concerned about them. In fact, doubts and evil thoughts are a sign of one’s faith.

Sayyiduna Abu Haraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that once a group of people came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “We experience such evil thoughts that it is impossible to bring them on our lips”. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Do you really experience these thoughts? Yes, they replied. The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “They are clear signs of faith”. (Sahih Muslim).

Sayyiduna Ibn Abbas (Allah have mercy on him) narrates that a Companion came to the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) and asked: “Sometimes I experience such thoughts that I would rather be reduced to charcoal than get them on my lips” (meaning that to speak of these thoughts was worse than burning in fire, m). The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “All praise is to Allah who restricted the devil’s designs to mere evil promptings”. (Sunan Abu Dawud,)

The above two narrations Cleary show that it is not unusual to have these evil thoughts neither is one more sinful or evil due to them. Even some Companions of the blessed Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) received these thoughts, as we have seen in the above narrations.

Therefore, one should not be worried on their account or feel sad and deterred, for these thoughts are signs of faith.

Some scholars have explained this by saying that a robber or thief only strikes at a place where he knows that there is wealth or money. He would not break into a place where there is no wealth. Similarly, when the devil (shaytan) whispers and puts these evil thoughts into anyone’s heart, then this shows that this person has the wealth of faith (iman) in his heart. If there was no wealth in that heart, Shaytan would have never entered it, thus one should not worry about these evil thoughts.

No sin on mere thoughts

It should also remember that one is not accountable for the evil thoughts that occur in the mind and heart as long as they remain thoughts.

Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“Verily Allah forgives my Ummah for the evil thoughts that occur in their hearts until they don’t say it verbally or act upon it”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

Therefore, one does not come out of the fold of Islam due to experiencing these evil thoughts, neither is there any sin., as long as one remains a believer with his heart, mouth and action.

What to do

When experiencing evil thoughts one should do the following:

1) Do not be worried about them, rather one should be happy, for the occurring of evil thoughts is a sign of faith. A saint said: “Shaytan can not tolerate a believer being happy, thus when he sees him being happy for receiving these thoughts, he stops from whispering them.

2) When these thoughts come, one should occupy oneself with something else. These thoughts will not disappear by simply desiring them to go, rather, one should get busy in some work or task.

3) One should seek Allah’s protection and refuge from the devil. Sayyiduna Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said:

“The devil (shaytan) comes to one of you and says: “Who created this? Who created that? Until he says: “Who created your Lord?” When one experiences this, one should seek Allah’s refuge and stop the matter there”. (Sahih al-Bukhari & Sahih Muslim).

The following verse of Surah al-mu’minun may be beneficial:

“Rabbi inni a’uzu bika min hamazat ashayatin wa a’uzu bika rabbi an yahdurun”

Trans: O my Lord! I seek your protection from the instigations of devils and I also seek your protection from that they (ever) come to me.

And Allah knows best

Muhammad ibn Adam al-Kawthari
:w:

Muslim Woman
01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
:sl:

sis , only Allah can help u . So , seek refuse in Allah from the Satan the rejected one.

Try to understand the meaning of the prayer ...offer ur namaz with understanding . InshaAllah it will help u to remove ur confusion.

a related link:

Help Me.. My Faith Decreases!

http://theislampath.com/smf/index.php?topic=2371.0

Verse we need for hereafter

So, when the piercing call is heard, on a Day when everyone will flee from his brother, and from his mother and father, and from his spouse and his children:

on that Day, to every one of them will his own state be of sufficient concern.

-Quran (80:33-37)

Pure Imaan
01-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Jazakhallah brother PersianPrince, brother Z.AL - Rashid and sister Muslim women, I really really appreciate you all taking your time out and replying to my thread, I understand what the Q&A is saying, alhumdullilah it makes things more clear alhumdullilah...I am going to keep increasing my knowledge to ensure the next time these thoughts come inside my head that the knowledge that I acquired will attack these lies, inshallah...I pray my imaan strengthens...please pray for me brothers and sisters....if anyone has any more suggestions or special prayers etc, then I would GREATLY appreciate it....jazakhallah once again, I feel a little more comfortable now...also if anyone has any lectures regarding the cursed shaytan or about shaytanic whispering then I would appreciate it if you could post it here inshallah....help me to understand inshallah

PersianPrince
01-23-2008, 07:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pure Imaan
Jazakhallah brother PersianPrince, brother Z.AL - Rashid and sister Muslim women, I really really appreciate you all taking your time out and replying to my thread, I understand what the Q&A is saying, alhumdullilah it makes things more clear alhumdullilah...I am going to keep increasing my knowledge to ensure the next time these thoughts come inside my head that the knowledge that I acquired will attack these lies, inshallah...I pray my imaan strengthens...please pray for me brothers and sisters....if anyone has any more suggestions or special prayers etc, then I would GREATLY appreciate it....jazakhallah once again, I feel a little more comfortable now...also if anyone has any lectures regarding the cursed shaytan or about shaytanic whispering then I would appreciate it if you could post it here inshallah....help me to understand inshallah
You're very welcome Pure Imaan. It is really pleasing to hear that you are feeling more comfortable. This is a positive first step. Your intentions are right, so given time, everything will fall into the right place Insha'Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!