/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Catholics Please Answer

AvarAllahNoor
01-22-2008, 05:55 PM
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong To God, Victory To God)

Hey, just wondering about this , It's always played on my mind, perhaps you can set me straight as it were. Thanks :D

The Catholic church teaches that Peter was the first Pope and the earthly head of the church, but the Bible never says this once. In fact, it was Peter himself who spoke against "being lords over God's heritage" in I Peter 5:3. Popes do not marry, although Peter did (Mat. 8:14; I Cor. 9:5). The Bible never speaks of Peter being in Rome, and it was Paul, not Peter, who wrote the epistle to the Romans. In the New Testament, Paul wrote 100 chapters with 2,325 verses, while Peter wrote only 8 chapters with 166 verses. In Peter's first epistle he stated that he was simply "an apostle of Jesus Christ," not a Pope (I Pet. 1:1). The Roman papacy and priesthood is just a huge fraud to keep members in bondage to a corrupt pagan church.

The priests are sexual abusers, and the pope did nothing to curb this but kept it hidden. If you say the pope is infallible and represents God on earth, is this how he operates? or are you followers just gullible and accept and follow like sheep? Is the Church not just a money making business, or did Jesus say live in cushy places and worship mammon to his people? (those that 'represent' God and Jesus)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh (Pure Ones Belong To God, Victory To God)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Keltoi
01-22-2008, 06:21 PM
The title "Pope" didn't come about until the fall of the Western Roman Empire, and since Peter formed the first church in Rome, hence being the first Bishop, Pope's claim apostolic succession, meaning each Pope is a successor to Peter.

Obviously this wasn't a popular idea with the other major bishops during this time, and certainly not to the Eastern Roman emperor.

AvarAllahNoor
01-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Is he infallible?

AvarAllahNoor
01-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Dupe Posts

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Keltoi
01-23-2008, 04:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Is he infallible?
That would depend on what one means by "infallible". The doctrine of "infallability" didn't come about until 1870, and it has more to do with being "infallible" in the implementation and direction of Church doctrine. In other words, what the Pope says goes, as he is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit. I believe what you mean is "perfect", which is not what the word "infallible" is meant to convey in this context.

AvarAllahNoor
01-23-2008, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
That would depend on what one means by "infallible". The doctrine of "infallability" didn't come about until 1870, and it has more to do with being "infallible" in the implementation and direction of Church doctrine. In other words, what the Pope says goes, as he is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit. I believe what you mean is "perfect", which is not what the word "infallible" is meant to convey in this context.
Is he guided by the Holy Spirit?

Keltoi
01-23-2008, 12:16 PM
Is he guided by the Holy Spirit?
I suppose that would be between him and God.

AvarAllahNoor
01-23-2008, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I suppose that would be between him and God.
lol - I mean do Catholics percieve him to be?

Keltoi
01-23-2008, 03:30 PM
lol - I mean do Catholics percieve him to be?
Anyone can be guided by the Holy Spirit, from the beggar in the alley to the Pope in Rome, but to answer your question, yes, the Pope is thought to be guided by the Holy Spirit when he makes his declarations concerning the Catholic faith. However, saying yes or no to that question is a little too simplified. Perhaps a better way to put it is that the Holy Spirit guides the Church itself, whether from the Papal level or the more local level. The Pope is looked to as the highest human authority on matters of faith and doctrine.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.