/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Weird and spooky place

PersianPrince
01-22-2008, 11:56 PM
:sl:

I have just been responding to a thread which reminded me about distractions in prayers. I have found that if I am home all day (say a weekend), I am usually satisfied with all my prayers, Masha'Allah. If I have gone to work, sometimes I make the odd mistake and have to restart.

If I have been to some dodgy place (such as late night driving in total dead areas where there are no people, no cars etc), I have very unsettling prayers.

Once I visited a small village called Clophill (go Google it) here in the UK. There is a myth about St Mary's Church which has some history behind it. When I came back that evening, I felt really really odd and was tossing and turning all night. I could not perform my prayers well. There was a strange smell lurking around as well.

The funny thing was, I did not get out of my car at all. All I did was drive around this funny village.

Anyone have similar experiences?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Pure Imaan
01-24-2008, 05:01 PM
hmmm I havent had experiances like that bro, the only times when I am distracted in my prayers is when thoughts comes into my mind, I try my best to ignore then...maybe because you visited these places and whilst you are offering salat you think back and feel strange that is why maybe you feel that you have unsettling prayers.

The_Prince
01-24-2008, 05:13 PM
i like weird and spooky places.

AvarAllahNoor
01-24-2008, 05:32 PM
Maybe it's to do with the 'Spirit World'

Also reminds me of the film 'Stigmata' classic!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-25-2008, 02:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince
:sl:

I have just been responding to a thread which reminded me about distractions in prayers. I have found that if I am home all day (say a weekend), I am usually satisfied with all my prayers, Masha'Allah. If I have gone to work, sometimes I make the odd mistake and have to restart.

If I have been to some dodgy place (such as late night driving in total dead areas where there are no people, no cars etc), I have very unsettling prayers.

Once I visited a small village called Clophill (go Google it) here in the UK. There is a myth about St Mary's Church which has some history behind it. When I came back that evening, I felt really really odd and was tossing and turning all night. I could not perform my prayers well. There was a strange smell lurking around as well.

The funny thing was, I did not get out of my car at all. All I did was drive around this funny village.

Anyone have similar experiences?
I lived in England for a couple of years and I held temporary residence up on some hill that was right by a cemetery, I have had horrible nights there, but surprinsgly that was the first time in my life I started being regular with my prayers.. I have written about my experience here before, one night in particular when I thought my friend was playing a gag on me by chocking me, I woke up when I could no longer breathe, only to have the coldest chill run through me for not only was I alone, she was locked asleep inside her room. I kept knocking at her door frantically to 'kill' her for freaking me out, when I woke her up I could see how crusty her eyes were with sleep... I was so incredibly freaked out and neither she nor I could sleep for the rest of the night-- just thinking of that night makes me shudder...

:w:

جوري
01-25-2008, 02:22 AM
whi knows mayb clophil is where the anti-christ is chained

kiddddddddddddding :lol:

adeeb
01-25-2008, 02:26 AM
^ nice pic..

but wherever u are...Allah will always with u...dont worry!

Pure Imaan
01-25-2008, 08:47 PM
ooohhh FREAKY!!!

Muezzin
01-25-2008, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PersianPrince
Are you sure you didn't step in a cow pat?

Ah, definitey cow pat, maybe. Got on your tyres, brushed off on your coat when you exited.

Yup, yup.

Perhaps.

MartyrX
01-25-2008, 08:50 PM
That looks like fun to look around and wonder through all of the history of the place.

Muezzin
01-25-2008, 08:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
I lived in England for a couple of years and I held temporary residence up on some hill that was right by a cemetery, I have had horrible nights there, but surprinsgly that was the first time in my life I started being regular with my prayers.. I have written about my experience here before, one night in particular when I thought my friend was playing a gag on me by chocking me, I woke up when I could no longer breathe, only to have the coldest chill run through me for not only was I alone, she was locked asleep inside her room. I kept knocking at her door frantically to 'kill' her for freaking me out, when I woke her up I could see how crusty her eyes were with sleep... I was so incredibly freaked out and neither she nor I could sleep for the rest of the night-- just thinking of that night makes me shudder...

Sleep paralysis or night terrors?

Why don't they wage a war on night terrors? I'm more afraid of them than some random beardy bloke obsessed with explosives.

InToTheRain
01-25-2008, 09:32 PM
Only place I have been to is Epping forest, there is this place called Hangmans Hill. If you turn your car off while faceing up hill it feels as if the car is being dragged up :ooh: it was freaky... the car wouldn't start up initially...and many in the car decided to ignore their call for nature rofl...ahhh the good old days.

There are classes of jinn, some have more power then others. Ifrit especially, Sulaiman(AS) controlled them and one of them were able to tranport a whole palace within a blink of an eye!

So in the prescence of more sinister Jinns Paranormal activities occur?
It was also a custom of the Arabs before the prophethood of Mohammad(SAW) to call out to the jinns of their valley for aid. So whenever they entered a new place they would seek the aid of the most powerful jinn of that area and it would respond and corrupt them.

La 7aula wala Kuwata Illa Billa7hil Alli'ul 3zzim.

جوري
01-25-2008, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Sleep paralysis or night terrors?

Why don't they wage a war on night terrors? I'm more afraid of them than some random beardy bloke obsessed with explosives.
No.. I know what sleep parlysis and night terror is (though night terror is usually limited and experienced by young children) -- I know what it means to be in theta waves and a hypnogogic reverie.. I also know what the sensation of someone coming from behind me and choking me is.

I am perhaps one of the last existing few on earth who will exhaust every medical explanation before I look for another 'super natural' one..

anyhow there is more to that night, than I have actually professed here.. but it was what it was.. and for all intensive purposes I don't wish to experience that again! :ooh:

truemuslim
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
...great more about jinn...*sigh*... the scary times when i cant sleep are ..hmm...never...oh i kno..after watching those siickkkkk movies my brothers watch...ew.ew.ew.and ewwww... sometimes when im asleep i feel someone hitting me on my arm...its freaky...because i am also dreamin that someone was punching me or something like that... of course when i wake up its my annoying little brother waking me up..no not for fajr i gotta alarm clock for that...it was only 1:00 how much sleep does he expect me to get? (he likes wakin up eaarlly as in 9 or 10 o clock) anyway i have never been to a grave yard except in yemen...its the family graveyard... it was the day my uncle died he was yougn too..(he drowned...somehow.) and i saw a huge grave it was his, then i saw another grave it was my grandma's then another it was my great grandma's and...finally...i see a small one.. this is the part i get the keyboard wet...then i ask my cousin who is in this tiny one? she says...sulaiman...*tear* .. my baby brother who died 7 years ago...he is seven years old now..(in heaven)..

graveyards arent scary nothing is..knowing allah is with you..
ALLAHU AKBAR! (whatevr happened to that game?)

PersianPrince
01-26-2008, 09:30 PM
Hehehe you lot crack me up!:thankyou:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.