/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [Science] The human body online

guyabano
01-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello,

find here an nice website about human anatomy. It's worth having a look and learn something

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-24-2008, 04:55 AM
that's cool. you find some good stuff!

Eric H
01-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Greetings and peace be with you guyabano;

I tried your link and I am forbiden entry, are there any other links

Peace

Eric

guyabano
01-24-2008, 07:19 PM
huh ? why forbidden?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
01-24-2008, 07:29 PM
ooh thanks..i like the bones.. i remember memorizing all the bones of the body when my brother tought them to me..

Umm Safiya
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
:sl:

I can't access the site either, my anti-virus programme says it contains sex-info..

sabah
01-24-2008, 07:34 PM
i already no ALL the bones. the knee bone is conected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is conected to the hip bone, the hip bone is conected to the spine bone and so on and so on. if any one needs any help learning them i can sing you the whole song.

truemuslim
01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
LOOLL u made me laugh!!! ^^^

Eric H
01-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Greetings and peace be with you guyabano;
huh ? why forbidden?
For some strange reason the link is working for me now, good site, thanks

take care

Eric

al_islam
01-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Interesting !!

guyabano
01-25-2008, 06:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Safiya

I can't access the site either, my anti-virus programme says it contains sex-info..
no, not at all. I'm pretty sure, you parental control is confused with some medical expression like maybe 'Vagina' or 'Penis', but hey, there is nothing bad on that as it belongs to the context

adeeb
01-25-2008, 06:45 AM
very good site..masha Allah...

sur
01-25-2008, 07:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sabah
i already no ALL the bones. the knee bone is conected to the thigh bone, the thigh bone is conected to the hip bone, the hip bone is conected to the spine bone and so on and so on. if any one needs any help learning them i can sing you the whole song.
OK, lets make this thread an Anatomy quiz!!!

How many bones make knee joint & what r their names???

Where's "sesamoid bone" located???

Sami
01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
i think four bones make knee joint
patella,femur,tibia and fibula
is sesamoid bone located in skull?
am i right?

ژاله
01-25-2008, 08:12 AM
ok whats the total no. of vertebrae in human spine?

sabah
01-25-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sur
OK, lets make this thread an Anatomy quiz!!!

How many bones make knee joint & what r their names???

Where's "sesamoid bone" located???

sesamoid bones can pop up in many places, theres ofter one in the thumb or in the foot. the patella is classed as a sesamoid bone!!

sur
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sami
i think four bones make knee joint
patella,femur,tibia and fibula
is sesamoid bone located in skull?
am i right?
Wrong;

3 bones make knee joint.
Fibula does NOT take part in Knee joint formation.

& sesamoid bones r the ones formed within tendons or ligaments, & usually found within tendons of muscles of sole of feet. Patella of knee joint is a BIG sesamoid bone formed in tendon of Qudratus-Femoris muscle.

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaak
ok whats the total no. of vertebrae in human spine?

Q:- What is the smallest bone in human body???

sabah
01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Q:- What is the smallest bone in human body???[/quote]

The stapes in the middles ear is the smallest bone in the body.

Q: what is the suture called in the skull that separates the left and right parietal bones?

sur
01-26-2008, 07:56 PM
sagittal suture.

Q:-
What body part is used to extract DNA long after death?

sabah
01-27-2008, 12:16 AM
sagittal suture.

I have no idea, wow you know you stuff mashaallah!

sur
01-27-2008, 03:20 PM
sagittal suture.
I have no idea, wow you know you stuff mashaallah!
Thanks.

Answer is Tooth Pulp. (core inside tooth)

Next Q:-
What artery does not carry clean(oxygenated) blood???

sabah
01-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks.

Answer is Tooth Pulp. (core inside tooth)

What artery does not carry clean(oxygenated) blood???
Ok i know this one, pulmonary artery. :coolious:
Ive also studied human anatomy, its amazing. it makes you greatful of allah and how great allah is.

ok brother clever clogs lol, how many bones are there in the foot?

thats to easy for you im sure!

al_islam
01-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Ok i know this one, pulmonary artery. :coolious:
Ive also studied human anatomy, its amazing. it makes you greatful of allah and how great allah is.

ok brother clever clogs lol, how many bones are there in the foot?

thats to easy for you im sure!
Salam

OOh, let me join in please......lets see what i learnt at uni.

Its 52 bones in the two feet altogether.

Why are the number of bones in a newborn baby higher than in an adult ?

Fishman
01-27-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by al_islam
Why are the number of bones in a newborn baby higher than in an adult ?
Some fuse together with growth.
:w:

al_islam
01-27-2008, 10:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
Some fuse together with growth.
Salam,

Correct..

What is the smallest contractile unit of skeletal muscle ?

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 12:34 AM
^^^ is it sarcomere?

sur
01-28-2008, 05:05 PM
right. Good to see so many anatomists here. :)

how many layers Greator Omentum is made of, when 1st formed???

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 05:11 PM
^^ im not an anatomist ... i will be a doctor tho..inshallah...as u can see im 15 i got no job..lol

sur
01-28-2008, 05:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^^ im not an anatomist ... i will be a doctor tho..inshallah...as u can see im 15 i got no job..lol
InshAllah.

Docs also read Anatomy don't they.

Back to Q, how many layers Greator Omentum is made of, when 1st formed???

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 05:19 PM
^^ 4?

and also i meant i cant be an anatomist..YET...lol

i dunt wanna do a question..kk. u or someone do the next one..IF my answer is right

sur
01-28-2008, 05:52 PM
yes. it's 4. 2 anterior & 2 posterior layers of lesser sac.

main muscle used while tightening a screw???

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
okey i just answered the ones i remember from last year in school and my class a week ago or so.lol. otherwise i isnt a doctor (yet) or nutin ...anyway i cant do this one...i think..

sur
01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Tightening a screw is process of supination of forearm. &

Main supinator of forearm is Biceps-Brachii.

why some use radial artery at wrist to commit suicide???
This is especially famous method in Japanese.

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 07:52 PM
^^ aw dang that was an easy one... i was gonna answer but then i remembered my class.lool.im in class right now and on LI and eating at the same time..lo..dunt u just love homeschool,....my teacher is tardy for class..LOL. next one?

sur
01-28-2008, 08:12 PM
why some use radial artery at wrist to commit suicide???
This is especially famous method in Japanese.

what is "homeschool" by the way?

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 08:36 PM
^ lol i check that answer later im in a middle of a class right now and my teacher can take a screen shot of my screen to make sure i am in class so i gota hurry and BTW homeschool is school at home..the one im at has online classes and all...

okey class is done so... This entails cutting through the wrists and may damage the tendons, ulnar and median nerves which control the muscles of the hand, which can result in temporary or permanent reduction in sensory and motor ability (if one survives). Wrist slitting is usually not fatal and it is thought that of all suicide attempts using this method, only 1% succeed

where do u get all these questions? lol very good brother

sur
01-29-2008, 09:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
okey class is done so... This entails cutting through the wrists and may damage the tendons, ulnar and median nerves which control the muscles of the hand, which can result in temporary or permanent reduction in sensory and motor ability (if one survives). Wrist slitting is usually not fatal and it is thought that of all suicide attempts using this method, only 1% succeed
what i know is that, normally when an Artery is cut it contracts to stop blood flow & save from blood loss.

While walls of Radial Artery r fixed by surrounding connective tissue at wrist, so do NOT collapse when cut & thus blood flow does NOT stop & person faints & dies of blood loss.

where do u get all these questions? lol very good brother
Anatomy books usually have a section at end of each chapter, called "Applied Anatomy". That's where u find practical application of anatomy u learned in that chapter.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

It's from Physiology, if that's OK. When we see on TV, video recording of a computer screen(Monitor), we see frames moving up. While we don't see any frames moving up when we look monitor directly, WHY???

Similar reason causes us to see spokes of tyre or blades of helicopter, moving too slow while they r turning very fast or moving in opposite direction of their actual direction.!!!

truemuslim
01-29-2008, 05:22 PM
what i know is that, normally when an Artery is cut it contracts to stop blood flow & save from blood loss.

While walls of Radial Artery r fixed by surrounding connective tissue at wrist, so do NOT collapse when cut & thus blood flow does NOT stop & person faints & dies of blood loss.

Anatomy books usually have a section at end of each chapter, called "Applied Anatomy". That's where u find practical application of anatomy u learned in that chapter.

= = = = = = = = = = = =

It's from Physiology, if that's OK. When we see on TV, video recording of a computer screen(Monitor), we see frames moving up. While we don't see any frames moving up when we look monitor directly, WHY???

Similar reason causes us to see spokes of tyre or blades of helicopter, moving too slow while they r turning very fast or moving in opposite direction of their actual direction.!!!

oh ok thanks bro..:D

guyabano
01-30-2008, 08:43 AM

That is a technical question:

Take a spinning wheel, f.ex. the human eye can only capture 25 images a second, max. As long as the wheel spin less than 25 rotations per second, you can see a forward move of the wheel. As soon as the speed of the wheel exceed 25 rotations per second ( 25Hz), in that case, the human eye cannot follow anymore and you get the illusion, the wheel is spinning backward.
The same is for Helipcoter Blades, or movie on a screen in a movie, where here, the Frequency on the Screen in the movie is also relevant.

Note: When the speed of the wheel is exactly 25Hz, means 25 rotations per second, then you have the feeling, the wheel is not moving at all, because the 'shutter'-speed of your eye has also 25 frames a second.

In Nature, you have animals, or Insects, which have more frames per seconds. A simple fly can beat us easily. They have more than 200 frames a second, thats why, a human's move look for a fly like a slow motion. Thats why they can escape us so easily.

sur
01-30-2008, 09:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by guyabano
That is a technical question:

Take a spinning wheel, f.ex. the human eye can only capture 25 images a second, max. As long as the wheel spin less than 25 rotations per second, you can see a forward move of the wheel. As soon as the speed of the wheel exceed 25 rotations ( 25Hz), in that case, the human eye cannot follow anymore and you get the illusion, the wheel is spinning backward.
The same is for Helipcoter Blades, or movie on a screen in a movie, where here, the Frequency on the Screen in the movie is also relevant.

Note: When the speed of the wheel is exactly 25Hz, means 25 rotations per second, then you have the feeling, the wheel is not moving at all, because the 'shutter' of your eye has also 25 frames a second.

In Nature, you have animals, or Insects, which have more frames per seconds. A simple fly can beat us easily. They have more than 200 frames a second, thats why, a human's move look for a fly like a slow motion. Thats why they can escape us so easily.
that's good; i wasn't expecting anyone to answer this.
though the figure i read was that human eye can retain image for 1/10 th of a second.

guyabano
01-30-2008, 09:50 AM
that's good; i wasn't expecting anyone to answer this.
though the figure i read was that human eye can retain image for 1/10 th of a second.
long enough to compensate the blackout for the time of an eye blinking.

sur
02-13-2008, 05:50 AM

if some ulna is lost in accident, where they get the graft from???

sur
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
bump

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.