/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Society ... Having A Revolution?

Amadeus85
01-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Saudi Society ... Having A Revolution?
Posted: Jan 23, 2008 10:37 AM
Click to reply to this thread Reply

Hi all

Saudi Arabia has been facing a new form of change lately ..

The King has declared a resolution allowing women to be behind the wheels ..

A case which has been a subject for debate for a long time ..

In another side , Another resolution is been issued to allow women into hotels without A " Mahram " which means a big change taking place in the kingdom ..

so what's going in Saudi ? Is the society having a wide reform?

Is the King hoping to change a lot of the habits in the society?

How could that affect Saudi image Inside and outside?

Could it be due to Foreign pressure over the kingdom?

Share your opinion ..

http://www.islamonline.net/discussio...threadID=13384

Are there any Saudis here? What you all think about it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
01-23-2008, 07:08 PM
i think saudi arabia is only going to get worse as a result of all of the money that is flowing into the country... it will exacerbate the worst qualities...

جوري
01-23-2008, 07:31 PM
the women could drive cars for a while now it isn't news, and Saudi money has been pouring here in the states, it would be actually nice if it went to needy saudi families.

Many women who would rather be stay at home moms are joining the work force only to make ends meet for their families..My upstairs neighbor during the time I lived in Saudi Arabia used to work as a seamstress to help out her husband!

Having money exacerbates the worst quality, if you were rotten to begin with...
if you know about it, you must have experienced it?!

I'd worry myself about my own state in the country where I live rather than point the finger at other people's perceived 'flaws'..
as the adage goes, if your house is made of glass don't go throwing people with stones!

cheers

AvarAllahNoor
01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia
the women could drive cars for a while now it isn't news, and Saudi money has been pouring here in the states, it would be actually nice if it went to needy saudi families.

Many women who would rather be stay at home moms are joining the work force only to make ends meet for their families..My upstairs neighbor during the time I lived in Saudi Arabia used to work as a seamstress to help out her husband!

Having money exacerbates the worst quality, if you were rotten to begin with...

cheers
Good point sister.

If you're atuned to what's right and what's wrong to begin with, you'll not be led astray by what you may see.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.