/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientific Miracles in sensation of pain

Danah
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Asalam Alykom sisters and brothers

I was reading this article about the scientidfic miracles in the Quran in the sensation of skin pain
and I would like to share it you.

It was commonly believed, for several centuries, that the body is all sensitive to pain. It was not clear then that there were specialized nerves in the body responsible for transporting all kinds of pain and other sensations, until recently when anatomy has discovered the role of specialized nerve endings in transporting all different kinds of pain.

The most significant nerve sensations in the human body are:
The sensation of touch: the corpuscles responsible for such sensation are called Meissners and Merkels corpuscles.

The sensation of pain: this is transported by the nerve endings in the skin.

The sensation of heat: this is the responsibility of Ruffini cylinders corpuscles.

The nerve endings will be exposed if the dermis and epidermis layers are injured

Taking skin burns as a distinct cause for the skin sensation of pain, burns can be divided into 3 types:

1- Burns of first degree (sun burns): these affect the epidermis causing swelling and moderate pain. The phenomena of redness, swelling and pain usually disappear within two to three days.
like this picture http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6862/burn11ah8.jpg

2- Burns of second degree: epidermis and dermis are injured. In such a case, a detachment occurs between epidermis and dermis, causing the collection of secretions between these two layers . The injured person suffers from severe pain, and excessive increase of pain sensation, due to irritation of exposed nerve ending particularly after the outburst of blisters. The skin starts to heal within 14 days as a result of the process of renovation and inversion under the skin.
Like this picture http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/2649/burn1te4.jpg

3- Burns of third degree: the whole skin thickness is burned and perhaps the injury may reach the muscles or the bone. The skin loses elasticity and becomes rough and dry. In this case, the injured person do not feel much pain, as nerve endings have been damaged almost completely due to burning.
Like this picture http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4941/burn4fo4.jpg

The Quran states :
“Those who reject our signs, We shall cast into the fire; as often as their skins are roasted through. We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the punishment; for Allah is Exalted in power; Wise.”
( 4:56)

(إنَّ الذٌينّ كّفّرٍوا بٌآيّاتٌنّا سّوًفّ نصليهم نّارْا كٍلَّمّا نّضٌجّتً جلودهم بدلناهم جلوداَ غيرها ليذوقوا العّذّابّ إنَّ اللَّهّ كّانّ عّزٌيزْا حّكٌيمْا)
(النساء:56).

Allah did not say “as often as their skins are burned”, as burning could be partial, but He rather said: “as often as their skins are roasted through”, i.e., totally burned with all nerves of sensation and pain. So, He the Almighty associated between the sensation of pain and the skin when roasted and burned totally, thus losing its structure and function. When sensation of pain is lost, a new fully composed and functional skin is replaced, where the nerve ending responsible for the painful sensation of heat and burn perform and function to make the unbeliever taste the punishment of being burned with fire over and over again

Subhan Allah

source: http://www.islamicmedicine.org/medmi...eseng.htm#pain

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Whatsthepoint
01-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Literal
That those who disbelieved, with Our verses , We will roast them (in) a fire, whenever their skins were done/cooked (burnt), We replaced/substituted them (with) skins other than it, to taste/experience the torture, that God was/is glorious/mighty , wise/judicious.

Yusuf Ali
Those who reject our Signs, We shall soon cast into the Fire: as often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the penalty: for Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise.

Pickthal
Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations, We shall expose them to the Fire. As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment. Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.

Arberry
Surely those who disbelieve in Our signs -- We shall certainly roast them at a Fire; as often as their skins are wholly burned, We shall give them in exchange other skins, that they may taste the chastisement. Surely God is All-mighty, All-wise.

Shakir
(As for) those who disbelieve in Our communications, We shall make them enter fire; so oft as their skins are thoroughly burned, We will change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement; surely Allah is Mighty, Wise.

Sarwar
We will make the rejectors of Our revelations suffer in hell fire. As soon as the fire destroys their skins, We will give them new skins so that they may suffer more of the torment. God is Majestic and All-wise.

Khalifa
Surely, those who disbelieve in our revelations, we will condemn them to the hellfire. Whenever their skins are burnt, we will give them new skins. Thus, they will suffer continuously. GOD is Almighty, Most Wise.

Hilali/Khan
Surely! Those who disbelieved in Our Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) We shall burn them in Fire. As often as their skins are roasted through, We shall change them for other skins that they may taste the punishment. Truly, Allah is Ever Most Powerful, AllWise.

H/K/Saheeh
Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.

Malik
Those who rejected Our revelations will soon be thrown into the Fire. No sooner will their skins be burnt out than We shall replace their skins, so that they may taste the real torment. Allah is Mighty, Wise.[56]

QXP
Those who are rejecting Our Revelations and opposing the establishment of the Divine System, will soon burn in the agony of defeat. If they come with renewed preparation they will taste further chastisement. Allah is Almighty, Wise.

Maulana Ali
Those who disbelieve in Our Messages, we shall make them enter Fire. As often as their skins are burned, We shall change them for other skins, that they may taste the chastisement. Surely Allah is ever Mighty, Wise.

Free Minds
Those who have rejected Our signs, We will admit them to a Fire. Every time their skins are cooked, We replace them with other skin that they may taste the retribution. God is Noble, Wise.

Qaribullah
Those who disbelieve Our verses We will roast them in a Fire! As often as their skins are cooked, We exchange their skin with another, in order that they taste the punishment. Surely, Allah is Mighty, the Wise.

George Sale
Verily those who disbelieve our signs, we will surely cast to be broiled in hell fire; so often as their skins shall be well burned, we will give them other skins in exchange, that they may taste the sharper torment; for God is mighty and wise.

JM Rodwell
Those who disbelieve our signs we will in the end cast into the fire: so oft as their skins shall be well burnt, we will change them for fresh skins, that they may taste the torment. Verily God is Mighty, Wise!

Asad
for, verily, those who are bent on denying the truth of Our messages We shall, in time, cause to endure fire: [and] every time their skins are burnt off, We shall replace them with new skins, so that they may taste suffering [in full] Verily, God is almighty, wise.

Only 3 out of 17 English tanslations of the Quran use the verb roast through.
Anyway, "roast through" does not necessarily imply the skin has got layers or that there are different degrees of burns (which I guess was not hard to figure even in the time of Muhammad) or that burned skin is unsensitive (which again, was not unknown at the time of Muhammad).

Danah
01-23-2008, 09:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
Only 3 out of 17 English tanslations of the Quran use the verb roast through.
Anyway, "roast through" does not necessarily imply the skin has got layers or that there are different degrees of burns (which I guess was not hard to figure even in the time of Muhammad) or that burned skin is unsensitive (which again, was not unknown at the time of Muhammad).
so, could you please clarify what exactly you mean with this, so I can explain more to you?

and about the translations, the meaning is one in all the translations copies, because if you look at the detailed explanations of these translations you will find it the same. they all take it from the arabic copy of Quran wich is only one

Whatsthepoint
01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SAYA
so, could you please clarify what exactly you mean with this, so I can explain more to you?

and about the translations, the meaning is one in all the translations copies, because if you look at the detailed explanations of these translations you will find it the same. they all take it from the arabic copy of Quran wich is only one
What I am saying is taht I do not find the verse miracolous.
I wouldn't see it as a miacle of any kind even if the verse translated to "...roasted through...", which I guess it doesn't, as 14 of the 17 translatiosn, including the literal one, say otherwise.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Danah
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
well, then to support the previous example, just take a look here on this verse, what Quran said about the differences between replaced their skins and cut their bowels.

like those who shall dwell for ever in the fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels?

كَمَنْ هُوَ خَالِدٌ فِي النَّارِ وَسُقُوا مَاء حَمِيمًا فَقَطَّعَ أَمْعَاءهُمْ
( سورة محمد 15)

here Allah did not say that the boiling water will burn their bowels but said it will cut them, because when it comes to the inside the body there is no nerves of sensation and pain as it is proved recently and nervous is only on the outter layers of skin as I said before, so the bowels will be cutted by the affecting of the boiling water not burned, while the first example Allah said that the (skins) will be replaced to made them taste the punishement because if will feel the pain

hope this clarify what I wanna said

Whatsthepoint
01-23-2008, 10:17 PM
well, then to support the previous example, just take a look here on this verse, what Quran said about the differences between replaced their skins and cut their bowels.

like those who shall dwell for ever in the fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels?

كَمَنْ هُوَ خَالِدٌ فِي النَّارِ وَسُقُوا مَاء حَمِيمًا فَقَطَّعَ أَمْعَاءهُمْ
( سورة محمد 15)

here Allah did not say that the boiling water will burn their bowels but said it will cut them, because when it comes to the inside the body there is no nerves of sensation and pain as it is proved recently and nervous is only on the outter layers of skin as I said before, so the bowels will be cutted by the affecting of the boiling water not burned, while the first example Allah said that the (skins) will be replaced to made them taste the punishement because if will feel the pain

hope this clarify what I wanna said
I know what you mean. And I guess I understand why you find it miracolous, whereas I don't.
As I asid before, you don't have to be a medical doctor to know severely burned parts of the skin are not sensitive to pain.
I see the verse as a description of allah's way to make the disbelievrs suffer forever.
As for thes econd verse. Cut off can be a matter of speach or a way to describe the severity of the punsihment - the water will be so hot, that it will cut off their bowels.

Anway, here's the literal translation:
The Paradise'sexample which the fearing and obeying were promised in it, (is) rivers from water not stagnant , and rivers from milk, its taste did not change, and rivers from wine/all intoxicants, (it is a) delight/pleasure to the drinking , and rivers from purified/strained honey/molasses , and for them in it (are) from all the fruits, and forgiveness from their Lord, as/like who he is immortal/eternal in the fire , and they were made to drink hot/cold water , so it cut off/severed their intestines/guts.

There's no word for the feeling caused by hot and cold water alike...or is there? If there sin't, cut off could be a metaphoric description of such feeling

Danah
01-24-2008, 10:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Whatsthepoint
There's no word for the feeling caused by hot and cold water alike...or is there? If there sin't, cut off could be a metaphoric description of such feeling
this could be an answer to your question.

Having considered the above scientific explanation, we can easily arrive at a conclusion that to experience pain (or any other sensations), it is necessary to have skin.
In a comparative analysis, we deduce many of the described functions of the skin from the mentioned corresponding verse in the Quran. The word ليذوقواLeyazuqu” (to make them feel) meaning, “In order to make them taste” implicitly clarifies the necessity of existence of skin in order to feel the sensation. This is because after consumption (burning) of the unbelievers’ skin in the fire, Allah replaces a new skin for them to taste (or to sense) the torment again and this happens repetitively to provide an eternal punishment for the unbelievers. Namely, since sensing the pain is at the skin, the doomed unbelievers will get fresh skin for their burnt out skin to taste it again.
source : http://www.imamreza.net/eng/imamreza.php?id=6333

Whatsthepoint
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I know what you mean, I just don't find it miraculous. It's not rocket science to know burned parts of the skin loose their sensitivity.

Danah
01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
but the quran was before 1429 years, so do you think that at that time it will be easy to that in details that the sensation of pain is useless in the inner part of the body and the nervous sensation is only in the skin?????

Whatsthepoint
01-24-2008, 09:45 PM
but the quran was before 1429 years, so do you think that at that time it will be easy to that in details that the sensation of pain is useless in the inner part of the body and the nervous sensation is only in the skin?????
I told you "cut off their bowels" does not necessarily imply that there are no nerves in the interior of internal organs.
And to answer your question, there is nothing scientific about those verses, they do not describe the nervous sensation "in detail", it's like any other religious miracle - dubious verses, seeking dubious connections with science etc.

Danah
01-25-2008, 06:42 PM
no, it is mean that.
because if there are nerves in the internal organs of the body, Allah will said that they will be replaced......Quran is so specific in the using of words
,the language of the quran and the way that words are using in Quran was a miracle by it self that Allah challenge the Arabs that time to try and write a book in the same way. the words of Quran are not written randomly.

well, then if you are not satisfy with that it is up to you, it is your point of view. but I was just posting the truth which all muslims and many of non muslims scientist stated it and admit the greatness of Quran

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.