/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get free advice :(

anonymous
01-23-2008, 09:12 PM
:w::sl:

Does anyone know any FREE advice services on obtaining a uk settlement visa (spouse)?

Please no CAB or IAS sites, ive tried them and they have proven to be useless.

Im looking for an organization or such where i can use email or telephone for free advice.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
PersianPrince
01-24-2008, 01:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
:w::sl:

Does anyone know any FREE advice services on obtaining a uk settlement visa (spouse)?

Please no CAB or IAS sites, ive tried them and they have proven to be useless.

Im looking for an organization or such where i can use email or telephone for free advice.
Dear Anonymous, unfortunately, no one has been able to help so far. I have a question. What did you mean by "obtaining a uk settlement visa (spouse)"? Are you a British citizen trying to get your spouse to obtain a settlement visa? I've Google'd a bit and found this site for you http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/

Im unsure what sort of advice you are after. I would have thought that if you have all the facts, you could simply apply - however, forgive my ignorance/arrogance as I have no knowledge in this area.

Muslim Woman
01-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Salaam/peace;

no idea about these things . Found some info on yahoo.here it is

I want to bring my wife in UK, London?

I am British Citizen and I have British passport and I am also working as Security Officer Chubb.

My wife at the moment is living with her parents in Pakistan in Peshawar but she is Afghan.

I need a info how I am able to bring her here, I got everything I need, I work full time job 43 hours per week wage £6.80.

I can prove that I am working and I can provide her support, and we have certificate of our marriage. I live with my family and I can't leave them to live alone because they need me alot to support them all the time. I want to bring my wife to london and live my parents. It be appreciated that you could help me with this situation to bring my wife in London. Also if it be kind if anyone als had same thing as me problem when they brought their wife here.

I would be most to hear your advice!!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Well you have a job, with a reasonable wage, so as long as you do NOT claim any social benefits then you should have no problem in applying to bring her here to the UK.

To be eligible for the marriage visa service, partners must fulfil the following requirements
~Parties must be legally married to each other.
~Plan to live together.

~Have met each other.
~Be able to support themselves entirely without recourse to public funds.
~Have adequate accommodation where dependants can live without recourse to public funds.

Initially visas for spouse immigration are issued for a two year period.

After this time, a person can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) commonly known as permanent residency in the UK. In some cases, settlement entry clearance may be granted allowing a partner to stay in the country permanently; however, this is only applicable to a person who has been married and living abroad with their spouse for four years at the time they apply for entry to the UK.
  • 2 weeks ago
Source(s):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/6425...
http://www.globalvisas.com/uk_immigratio

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6134330AASIOu1

anonymous
01-24-2008, 02:44 PM
I am looking for organizations or support groups who can advise me on a one to one basis.

Either via email or telephone

As i stated befor the CAB ( Citizens Advice Bureaux ) and IAS ( immigrations advisory service ) have not been very helpfull to me when i approached them.

I am fully aware of the requirements but there are circumstances which i need further advise on and were not mentioned on any of the government or home office sites.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.