/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fox Host John Gibson Mocks Heath Ledger's Death

Muezzin
01-24-2008, 11:23 AM
Not really a World Affair as such, so I chucked it in this section.

Fox News' John Gibson found a way to outdo MSNBC's Courtney Hazlett for the most inappropriate comment on Heath Ledger's death. ThinkProgress reports that, on his radio show yesterday (which opened with funeral music), Gibson called Ledger a "weirdo" with a "serious drug problem." Making fun of the famous "I wish I knew how to quit you" line from "Brokeback Mountain," Gibson said of his death, "Well, he found out how to quit you."

This is not Gibson's first time making inappropriate comments in the wake of tragedy. In July 2005, just one day before the 7/7 terrorist bombings in London, Gibson said that "the International Olympic Committee missed a golden opportunity....If they had picked France instead of London to hold the Olympics, it would have been the one time we could look forward to where we didn't worry about terrorism. They'd blow up Paris, and who cares?" The next day, after the London bombings, Gibson repeated the remarks.

To hear the must-listen audio of John Gibson mocking Heath Ledger's death, visit ThinkProgress.

Source

What a butthead. I wonder what people will say on Mr Gibson's passing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AvarAllahNoor
01-24-2008, 11:26 AM
He's a Lethal Weapon....

Muslim Knight
01-24-2008, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin

What a butthead. I wonder what people will say on Mr Gibson's passing?
He'd be ground up into Torgo's Executive Powder.

YusufNoor
01-24-2008, 01:37 PM
:sl:

once upon a time i was a regular fox viewer. the 1st thing you learn is to change the channel when sean hannity comes on, changing it when gibson comes on is the 2nd...

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tania
01-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Here its a saying: if you have 0 nice words to say about the dead person its better to remain silent :-[

MartyrX
01-24-2008, 03:21 PM
How disrespectful. Someone died its best to leave them alone.

Keltoi
01-24-2008, 03:54 PM
That's the land of talk radio. Not to defend his comments, but Gibson has a history of mocking certain news stories, especially Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, and other celebrity stories he is forced to cover on TV. I think his radio show is his way of venting his frustration with the lack of serious news coverage in the TV media.

Like I said, that doesn't justify his comments.

Strzelecki
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
He's looking for controversy and attention. He's one of those people it's better to just ignore. =]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.