/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Haafidhoon and Haafidhaat!!!

------
01-24-2008, 03:07 PM
:salamext:

• How old were you when you finished Hifaz?
  • How long did it take you to become a haafiz?
  • What were the difficulties you came across?
  • How did u organise your time?
    E.g. schoolwork and haafiz at the same time, etc.

Jazaak Allaah Khayr in advance for all of you who reply :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MinAhlilHadeeth
01-24-2008, 03:13 PM

I tweaked the title slightly so that it's more gramatically correct. This thread should be beneficial. JazakAllaah khayr for starting it!

mizan_aliashraf
01-25-2008, 10:03 AM
Assalamu Alaykum

I was 17 when I completed my memorisation of the Qur'an. I know this might sound quite old, but I memorised it alone, without a teacher for most of the time. I used to listen to CDs of shaykh Ahmad al-Ajmy and memorise bit by bit.

I then went to my teacher (shaykh Salah al-Ansari) and recited the whole Qur'an to him, and the rest is history.

In total, it took me 6 years to complete. Not bad, considering I did it alone. And being half-blind isn't exactly easy.

But Alhamdulillah, I teach Qur'an and have Ijazah certification to recite in 4 of the 10 Qira'ah. Insha'Allah, I will try to get at least another 3 more.

I'm also a full-time Computer Science student, so I use my Tahajjud to revise 1 juzz per night. I think its the best time to revise because the mind is clear and free.

Wassalam

------
01-25-2008, 02:08 PM

^ Jazaak Allaah Khayr for ur reply! :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Z-Blade
01-27-2008, 02:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Assalamu Alaykum

I was 17 when I completed my memorisation of the Qur'an. I know this might sound quite old, but I memorised it alone, without a teacher for most of the time. I used to listen to CDs of shaykh Ahmad al-Ajmy and memorise bit by bit.

I then went to my teacher (shaykh Salah al-Ansari) and recited the whole Qur'an to him, and the rest is history.

In total, it took me 6 years to complete. Not bad, considering I did it alone. And being half-blind isn't exactly easy.

But Alhamdulillah, I teach Qur'an and have Ijazah certification to recite in 4 of the 10 Qira'ah. Insha'Allah, I will try to get at least another 3 more.

I'm also a full-time Computer Science student, so I use my Tahajjud to revise 1 juzz per night. I think its the best time to revise because the mind is clear and free.

Wassalam

MashaAllah, what a brother ^^. May Allah reward you in abundance and may Allah forever preserve the Quran in your heart and make your children hufaadh and may He grant you Jannatul Firdaws, Ameen!

Wassalam.

------
01-28-2008, 07:35 PM

^ Ameen!

truemuslim
01-28-2008, 07:45 PM
  • How old were you when you finished Hifaz?
  • How long did it take you to become a haafiz?
  • What were the difficulties you came across?
  • How did u organise your time?
right now im 14 almost 15 and im still learning the quraan.. a surah or two a day and its really easy actually (with tajweed)
not a hafiz yet (inshallah will be tho)

difficulties for me...hmm..when my ipod isnt working..it got surah after surah and juz's and all its amazing..

school..eat..and usually at night then i learn and recite...

sorry if i wasnt supposed to post and im not a complete hafiz yet...lol.

Z-Blade
01-29-2008, 02:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
right now im 14 almost 15 and im still learning the quraan.. a surah or two a day and its really easy actually (with tajweed)
not a hafiz yet (inshallah will be tho)

difficulties for me...hmm..when my ipod isnt working..it got surah after surah and juz's and all its amazing..

school..eat..and usually at night then i learn and recite...

sorry if i wasnt supposed to post and im not a complete hafiz yet...lol.
:salamext:,

MashaAllah, nice post, may Allah make you a Hafidhah ukhti, and may Allah reward you in abundance and may Allah forever preserve the Quran in your heart and make your children hufaadh and may He grant you Jannatul Firdaws, Ameen!

(Yeah it's the same dua as above, but I still mean it! :') ).

Wassalam.

Khaldun
01-31-2008, 05:59 PM
:sl:

How old were you when you finished Hifaz?

How long did it take you to become a haafiz?

What were the difficulties you came across?

How did u organise your time?

I finished memorising the Quran at the age of 18 (even older then brother mizan_aliashraf I know)

I used to do hifdh on my own and was very inspired by Shuraim and Sudais and I always thought if they can do it so can I! Alot of brothers always ask me how come you made your quran so strong? And the truth is I dont see it as very strong, brother Muhammad was also one of my motivations since he finished the Quran before me and alhamdulilah he still is.

The story of how I enrolled into a madressah is quite strange, it all happened a few ramadans ago now, I love to pray in the first row and special when its taraweeh but then the spots just behind the imam are always "reserved" so I sat in the second row right behind the "big" guys so I sat there and when it was time for salah I read along with the imam every single ayah in my head then the imam slipped and I rememeber til this day what ayah it was, it was surah Mujadilah "Wat-taqullaha Lathi ilayhi tuhsharuun" and the Imam said "Wat-taqullah Lathi antum bihi mu'minuun" so before thinking twice I read out in a soft voice "Wat-taqullaha Lathi ilayhi tuhsharuun" and then when the salah was over the "big" guys looked around to see what kinda of hafidh it was that had corrected the imam when all of them hadnt noticed, so they turned back and saw a skinny somali they looked passed me and asked the other people who corrected the Imam!

The people pointed at me and I get abit worried what will they do to me now? But alhamdulilah they smiled at me, and guess what? I got to stand in the first row for the rest of the taraweeh. So they started asking me, are you a hafidh? And I was like no, but id like to be one? Then they said but how did you manage to correct the Imam? I said I listen to tapes some times and I have done 10 juzz. So then the Imam tells me come to my office tomorow Dhuhr and Im even more worried now. But Alhamdulilah I went to him and he put me in a class (even tho they said the madressah was full and alot of people were on the waiting list) and alhamdulilah I became the first somali to finish by them and they were very proud of me. This was when i was 16.

I didnt face any difficulties as such, the only thing that was important was to organise your time and be consistent making time for your revision and learning 2 pages every day even when you didnt feel like it. I usually read my revision after college at least once before i went to masjid and I learned my new lesson after isha and read it again after fajr.

Also rememeber to make alot of Dua as this is Allah's Book its not everybody He lets it be preserved in their hearts

Sorry if its hard to read i am in abit of a hurry

Z-Blade
02-01-2008, 12:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

I finished memorising the Quran at the age of 18 (even older then brother mizan_aliashraf I know)

I used to do hifdh on my own and was very inspired by Shuraim and Sudais and I always thought if they can do it so can I! Alot of brothers always ask me how come you made your quran so strong? And the truth is I dont see it as very strong, brother Muhammad was also one of my motivations since he finished the Quran before me and alhamdulilah he still is.

The story of how I enrolled into a madressah is quite strange, it all happened a few ramadans ago now, I love to pray in the first row and special when its taraweeh but then the spots just behind the imam are always "reserved" so I sat in the second row right behind the "big" guys so I sat there and when it was time for salah I read along with the imam every single ayah in my head then the imam slipped and I rememeber til this day what ayah it was, it was surah Mujadilah "Wat-taqullaha Lathi ilayhi tuhsharuun" and the Imam said "Wat-taqullah Lathi antum bihi mu'minuun" so before thinking twice I read out in a soft voice "Wat-taqullaha Lathi ilayhi tuhsharuun" and then when the salah was over the "big" guys looked around to see what kinda of hafidh it was that had corrected the imam when all of them hadnt noticed, so they turned back and saw a skinny somali they looked passed me and asked the other people who corrected the Imam!

The people pointed at me and I get abit worried what will they do to me now? But alhamdulilah they smiled at me, and guess what? I got to stand in the first row for the rest of the taraweeh. So they started asking me, are you a hafidh? And I was like no, but id like to be one? Then they said but how did you manage to correct the Imam? I said I listen to tapes some times and I have done 10 juzz. So then the Imam tells me come to my office tomorow Dhuhr and Im even more worried now. But Alhamdulilah I went to him and he put me in a class (even tho they said the madressah was full and alot of people were on the waiting list) and alhamdulilah I became the first somali to finish by them and they were very proud of me. This was when i was 16.

I didnt face any difficulties as such, the only thing that was important was to organise your time and be consistent making time for your revision and learning 2 pages every day even when you didnt feel like it. I usually read my revision after college at least once before i went to masjid and I learned my new lesson after isha and read it again after fajr.

Also rememeber to make alot of Dua as this is Allah's Book its not everybody He lets it be preserved in their hearts

:salamext:,

MashaAllah, jazakallahu khayran for your great post and story akhi :'). May Allah reward you in abundance and may Allah forever preserve the Quran in your heart and make your children hufaadh and may He grant you Jannatul Firdaws, Ameen!

I'm taking notes (in my brain) :'). Good thread! Jazakallahu khayran to sister Ahlaam for starting it.

Wassalam.

BlackMamba
02-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Khaldum, you said that you would do 2 pages a day new lesson. Did you maintain that throughout your hifz, or did u slow down and speed up at different parts. Like right now I got 4 and a half juz left till I finish and with school work and all other aspects of being a teen in the west, I'm not going to my hifz class as regularly as I should.And my pace is slowing down. Did stuff like that happen to you when u memorized?

mizan_aliashraf
02-01-2008, 09:58 AM
Assalamu Alaykum
I used to do 2-3 sides a day, but sometimes I used to do more and sometimes I used to do less.

By the way, have any of you ever led Taraweeh/Tahajjud anywhere?

Wassalam

BlackMamba
02-01-2008, 04:30 PM
Ya I lead some taraweehs at my masjid. The days that I lead I would do 4 rakats so just about 1/4 juz. I lead about 7-8 times last ramadan. But its not out of necessity that I got to lead because the sheikh of the Masjid is full hafiz and he used to lead all 20 rakats a few years ago. The sheikh just wanted students to lead so they could practice.

Khaldun
02-01-2008, 06:48 PM

Leading salah or praying on your own (specially night prayers) is the best bit about being a hafidh you read baqrah and finish it and dont feel like going into ruku and you add Imraan and just keep going...

brother Shakoor your hifdh is suppose to increase with time, the last Juzz I did took me 3 days (it was the 20th juzz) I wanted to do it in two days but my teacher didnt allow me he said its better you split it up

If you stay absent from your teacher one day you will learn to skive lessons avoid this as its a very bad habit!

BlackMamba
02-01-2008, 07:06 PM
Last juz in 3 days! MashAllah that inspires me. InshaAllah in 6 weeks I can become Hafiz I just need to do 3-4 pages a day and not skip days.

jzcasejz
02-02-2008, 03:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf
Assalamu Alaykum

Wassalam
wa'Alaykum Salaam

MashaAllaah, well done Bro. :) May Allaah (SWT) bless you!

Ummu Sufyaan
02-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Mashallah, akh. thats an awesome story!

MashaAllah, nice post, may Allah make you a Hafidhah ukhti, and may Allah reward you in abundance and may Allah forever preserve the Quran in your heart and make your children hufaadh and may He grant you Jannatul Firdaws, Ameen!
Ameen. subhanallah, studying at tahhajud. thats really good.

Na7lah
02-07-2008, 01:15 AM
* How old were you when you finished Hifaz?
I'll answer wen i finish inshallah ;D

* How long did it take you to become a haafiz?
I'm not one YET

* What were the difficulties you came across?
Some surahs are kind of hard but i manage alhamdulillah
also i try my best to not forget so i make alot of muraja3ah

* How did u organise your time?

I memorize quran in the morning after fajr because thats wen my mind is clear and i'm all colm
"Ina Quranal Fajri Kana Mashhuudaa' -Israa'

i memorize about three pages and half each day so i can be quicker .

Ummu Sufyaan
02-07-2008, 07:18 AM
sis, did you know that 'quran al-fajr' mentioned in that ayah is actually refering to salaatul fajr. and i read that in one of those tajweed multi-coloured qurans that have a 'side commentry' :sunny:

Ghira
02-07-2008, 04:58 PM

I love my Somali Muslim brothers...I have met 2 who are hafiz so far... They have such awesome personalities. I liked your story, sounds like Allah (swt) made it easy for you since you did not face any difficulties.

Ghira
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM

Leading salah or praying on your own (specially night prayers) is the best bit about being a hafidh you read baqrah and finish it and dont feel like going into ruku and you add Imraan and just keep going...
SubhanAllah...what you said makes so much sense, and it is sooo inspirational. May Allah increase you in all that is good...ameen.

Na7lah
02-08-2008, 10:40 PM
sis, did you know that 'quran al-fajr' mentioned in that ayah is actually refering to salaatul fajr. and i read that in one of those tajweed multi-coloured qurans that have a 'side commentry'
mashallah thnks sis :)

Pk_#2
02-08-2008, 10:58 PM
Wow this thread is Awesome, Ameen to all the dua's, and mashaAllah at all those who are hafiz/hafizah's or futre hafiz/hafizahs,

AsalamuAlaykum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.