/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 most dangerous destinations!!!!

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:00 PM
HERE IT IS BE AWARE HAHAHA:)

10. Zimbabwe

Background

Prime minister Robert Mugabe launched a campaign exiling white farmers and re-distributing land in 2000, plunging the country into an economic crisis that has worsened ever since. Unemployment, inflation and food shortages have devastated the country and fuelled political instability and violent crime. Commercial farms owned by supporters of the Mugabe government often act with impunity from the law and can be particularly dangerous to foreigners.

Dangers

- Violent crime, especially against tourists, including robberies and car-jackings
- Fuel shortages means limited police force and general emergency services
- Political demonstrations, violence and intimidation

Travel risk: Medium to high

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Omari
01-24-2008, 10:01 PM
GAZA STRIP!

TRAVEL RISK: HighX26555245412

Dangers: "stray" rocket
"stray" bullet
"Stray" atomic bomb(s)

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:04 PM

9. Ivory Coast

Background

Once one of the most prosperous countries in West Africa, the Ivory Coast has been in a state of political turmoil ever since the military coup in 1999. And although the region is back in civilian control there are continued violent demonstrations and clashes between government and rebel forces. The most serious was in November 2004 when an evacuation of British nationals was mounted. According to the Foreign Office, the situation in the country remains "fragile and unpredictable, especially in the far west of the country, which should be avoided at all times".

Dangers

- Potential for sudden deterioration of law and order, at any time
- Violent crime including car-jackings and hold-ups especially directed at foreigners
- Toxic waste recently dumped indiscriminately in Abidjan (August 2006)
- UK Government does not offer formal consular protection

truemuslim
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
^^^ LOOL...

its a good thing i have no idea where the place zimbabwe is... or the other place... all in africa somewhere...hmm

i like the first place cuz the cops dunt have fuel shortage... muaahahahaha.. u kno how fun it is to run away from cops on a game?? imagine it in real life...hehe

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM

8. Liberia

Background

Founded as an independent nation by previously enslaved African Americans, Liberia’s long-running civil war has left the country’s economy in tatters. A transitional government steered the country towards elections in 2005 and UN peacekeepers are deployed to the main population centres, however high unemployment and political instability remain serious problems and fuel crimes rates and civil unrest.

Dangers

- Armed robbery and violent crime are commonplace, especially of foreign visitors
- Frequent political rallies and demonstrations can quickly spiral out of control
- Waterborne diseases, malaria and other tropical diseases prevalent

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:06 PM

HOW DARE THEY SUDAN!!!! GRRR THATS THE PLACE THE SCORPION STUNG ME!! AND IT IS NOT DANGEROUS!! lool:)

7. Sudan

Background

Sudan gained its independence from the United Kingdom in 1956, when Islamic military regimes took the reins of power and have, despite a protracted and bloody civil war, controlled the country ever since. A long-awaited peace agreement was signed in January 2005, ostensibly ending the north-south war, however increased reports of genocide in Darfur have emerged since and clashes between government forces and the militant groups persist.

Dangers

- Banditry is widespread especially outside the major population centres or at night
- Fatal attacks against people working for aid organisations in southern Sudan
- Ongoing reports of terrorist threats including suicide bombing and kidnapping

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:08 PM

6. Chechnya (Russia)

Background

During the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the government of the Chechen republic declared itself an independent state. However, the Russian government refused to recognise it as such, and so put into motion an ongoing series of bloody conflicts between the Russian military and Chechen rebels. Despite some concessions offering greater autonomy for Chechnya, guerilla warfare, political instability and, more recently, terrorism continue to blight this area of the world.

Dangers

- Guerilla warfare and widespread lawlessness
- Kidnappings for ransom, especially of foreigners, are common
- Terrorist attacks or bombings at hotels and government buildings

Travel risk: High

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:08 PM

5. Somalia

Background

Since gaining independence from the UK and its unification as Somaliland in 1960, this country’s history has been plagued by civil war, famine, political assassinations, and even natural disasters. As Somalia has no recognised central government authority, warlords continue to assert a powerful stranglehold over much of the region, while more recently Islamic militia have established a foothold and are spreading influence through the area.

Dangers

- High level of criminal activity by armed militia including kidnapping and robbery
- Frequent inter-clan fighting and attacks on relief workers and journalists
- Piracy and armed robbery against ships in and around Somalia's waters
- High threat from terrorism against foreigners and Western interests

Travel risk: High to extreme

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:09 PM

4. Democratic Republic of Congo

Background

An ex-Belgian colony and previously known as Zaire, the Democratic Republic of Congo has been decimated by the world’s most devastating conflict since World War II - the Second Congo War, responsible for almost four million deaths. Although the war officially ended in 2003, political insecurity continues to undermine the region, political power battles and assassinations are rife, and both official military and armed criminal gangs roam the country acting with impunity.

Dangers

- Car-jackings, murders, and kidnappings by active-duty troops and criminal gangs
- Fragile political situation, which could deteriorate at short notice
- Rebel groups still active in many parts of the region

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:09 PM

3. Haiti

Background

After colonisation by the Spanish and French, 1804 saw Haiti became the second independent country in the Americas (after the US). Since then stability has been undermined by a string of revolutions, invasions, occupations, dictatorships and political assassinations. Recent history saw the government overthrown by armed rebels, and despite 2006 elections this country remains one of the most volatile on earth.

Dangers

- Frequent incidences of violence and kidnappings for ransom
- Many Haitian towns controlled by criminal gangs with no effective police force
- Basics such as water and electricity unavailable or extremely limited
- Attacks on the vehicles of aid agencies and diplomatic staff
- No British Embassy and British Consulate operations have been suspended

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:10 PM

2. Iraq

Background

Hardly the top of anyone’s top holiday destinations under Saddam Hussein, since the start of the 2003 Iraq War the country has become one of the most dangerous places in the world. Terrorist organisations such as al Qaida, previously suppressed by the secular Iraqi government, have exploited the insurgency to establish themselves in the region. While international forces struggle to contain terrorist attacks and sectarian violence, the death toll continues to spiral with little hope of resolution in sight.

Dangers

- Frequent kidnappings some of which result in the murder of hostages
- Daily car and suicide bombings and other terrorist activity often aimed at foreigners
- Crossfire between international forces and insurgents
- Random and indiscriminate sectarian violence
- Outbreaks of bird flu in northern Iraq

Travel risk: Extreme

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:11 PM

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!!!!

1. Afghanistan

Background

War-torn only begins to describe this country. Since 1979, Afghanistan has been battered by continuous conflict, starting with the Soviet invasion, then civil war and most recently by the 2001 US-led 'war on terror' and the toppling of the Taliban. International forces are involved in ongoing attempts to stabilise the region. However, widespread poverty, warlords, Taliban insurgency, a huge illegal heroin trade, and the largest concentration of land mines and other unexploded ordnance on earth, still make this the most dangerous place on the planet.

Dangers

- Increasingly sophisticated terrorism targeting foreigners and Western interests
- British nationals under ongoing threat of kidnapping and assassination
- Widespread danger from mines and unexploded ordnance
- Violent protests and rioting targeting Western interests
- Criminal activities and violence stemming from drug trade

Travel risk: Extreme

truemuslim
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
i only knew somalia, iraq ( i told u to put it on the list lol) and afghanistan... btw those somalians got ak's... now i dunt wanna go to yemen bcuz alot of somalians run to yemen then become beggers.. it okay i already gave some some $..actally rial but yah.. and iraq... we already kno that was gonna be somewhere on the list... afghanistan..hmm...not sure..until now...

oh yah i also used to like sudan...until now.. u couldve kept the place where u got bit by that sickkk scorpion unknown... now i hate sudan...lol..sorta..ok yah i do... thats sickk.. the only safe place is saudi arabia now ... IN MECCA ONLY!!

thanks again brother

Mikayeel
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
i only knew somalia, iraq ( i told u to put it on the list lol) and afghanistan... btw those somalians got ak's... now i dunt wanna go to yemen bcuz alot of somalians run to yemen then become beggers.. it okay i already gave some some $..actally rial but yah.. and iraq... we already kno that was gonna be somewhere on the list... afghanistan..hmm...not sure..until now...

oh yah i also used to like sudan...until now.. u couldve kept the place where u got bit by that sickkk scorpion unknown... now i hate sudan...lol..sorta..ok yah i do... thats sickk.. the only safe place is saudi arabia now ... IN MECCA ONLY!!

thanks again brother
haha loool, it was my pleasure, although i would prefer living in madina (I was born there)

krypton6
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Iraq is alot more dangerous than Afghanistan!

truemuslim
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
^^^ ...oh yah rub it in... first u disgust me and now u saying u born in medina.....hmp..nah im kiddin. thats cool tho

oh yah btw now i know why there was a head in the middle of a street in yemen...somalias!! they makin me country sick!! lol jk my brothers told me that they saw a head for real.. this time of course...they never said 'jk' ...i think they are...i hope they are... if they arenti swear i am not goin back to yemen ever ever ever again!! ...untill my parents force me..lol

Omari
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
Iraq is alot more dangerous than Afghanistan!
Afghanistan is not dangerous at all...anymore. The media only displays the kidnappings and bomblasts and such, in reality its once in a blue moon.

krypton6
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Omari
Afghanistan is not dangerous at all...anymore. The media only displays the kidnappings and bomblasts and such, in reality its once in a blue moon.
Yeh I dont agree on it rating "extreme" on the scale. Its far from extreme... Iraq on the other hand....

MartyrX
01-24-2008, 10:37 PM
Violence in Iraq and Afghanistan? But the war is over and peace has been established in those countries.

(sarcastic)

krypton6
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Leave it to america and everything will be fine!

MartyrX
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by krypton6
Leave it to america and everything will be fine!
Yes because we know best for everyone through out the world. And if you disagree we'll bomb you or rename your food American something.

krypton6
01-24-2008, 10:50 PM
And call you a terrorist.

MartyrX
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Yes how could I have forgot that one!

truemuslim
01-25-2008, 10:33 PM
^ lol

snakelegs
01-25-2008, 10:58 PM
i'm surprised that pakistan didn't make the list.
it has a big variety of types of land - some very beautiful country that would have great tourist potential if the country ever becomes stable.

waji
01-26-2008, 04:37 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
i'm surprised that pakistan didn't make the list.
it has a big variety of types of land - some very beautiful country that would have great tourist potential if the country ever becomes stable.
Why not You make a visit here and you will see yourself that it's not
that bad then your surprise

There is one thing that is terror by the people but what about the state terrorism
Israel , India and all around West how Muslims are treated there

:w:

AabiruSabeel
01-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Destination: the place designated as the end (as of a race or journey)
or The end point of a journey

Hell is the most dangerous destination. May Allah save us all from it...

snakelegs
01-26-2008, 06:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wkas

Why not You make a visit here and you will see yourself that it's not
that bad then your surprise

There is one thing that is terror by the people but what about the state terrorism
Israel , India and all around West how Muslims are treated there

the danger is probably exaggerted.
you do have a very beautiful country - unfortunately my travelling days are over. you have everything - sea, desert and mountains.

sur
01-26-2008, 06:37 AM
1.United States Of America aka USA:-

Owner of TRG (an outsource Co.) whose father is caucasian American & mother is Pakistani, & he studied in USA, said in TV iv that murder rate in USA is 10times that of Pakistan still ppl r afraid of travelling to Pakistan & NOT to USA.!!!

US jails harbor more prisoners than any other country.

In various Crime rates, USA is usually on TOP:-

Assaults

Rape

Burgalaries

Car Thefts

Prisoner population

Frauds 2nd aft Germany

Illicit Drugs
Quote:-
USA is world's largest consumer of cocaine, shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean; consumer of ecstasy and of Mexican heroin, marijuana and methamphetamine; minor consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center
& 1st prize of TOP Crimes goes to.......USA
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...e-total-crimes

& as the economy of USA is going to continue it's downward journey coz of her policies of wasting her ppl's money on protecting Israel; US would make it's 1st position even more unshakable.

snakelegs
01-26-2008, 06:43 AM
this made me think of a story i read about some afghan immigrants. they survived all the years of nightmare in afghanistan, came to california and a new life and the mother was gunned down in the streets in freemont california for no reason whatsoever. :unhappy:

sur
01-26-2008, 02:51 PM
may be I am wrong, but i've noticed it quite a few times that when i reply to a thread, ppl stop replying to that thread. ^o)

Though snakelegs supported my point by an example,
i need some more comments on USA being TOP most dangerous place to be in, anyone.!!!

http://www.islamicboard.com/904148-post29.html

adeeb
01-26-2008, 02:59 PM
many muslim countrys on the list...:enough!::enough!::scared::thumbs_do

they become dangerous because of us...

we left them on poverty and diseases...we happy and satisfy with our condition...we dont even know they are exist!!!

and we just laugh because we are not there....
too bad! :thumbs_do

:peace:

Believer_786
01-26-2008, 06:38 PM

You know, it's hardly ever a country's fault if it becomes highly corrupt. A lot of the African countries have a lot of gun crime and other criminal activity due to poverty. Which is kinda because the rest of the world doesn't give a crap about them whilst smoking their cigars and wiping their butts with leather. Why make a thread like this? It's so depressing :cry:, hehe.

Mikayeel
01-26-2008, 06:48 PM
wa 3alekum alsalaam

so we can give more to the boxes in the mosques:) so that the money can go to people like that in africa inshAllah

smile
02-04-2008, 05:08 PM
what about South Africa!!!

Moon*Light
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM

La hawla wala quwata ila billah. How awful. Most of them are african countries. Hope they become better in the near future insha'Allah.

truemuslim
02-06-2008, 12:41 AM
lol yeah... why isnt america in there... nvm

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.