/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some advice.

malanaiz
01-26-2008, 08:51 AM
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters.
I was talking to a friend of mine who's family is having a bit of financial trouble and my friend is losing faith in Islam. I was very shocked to hear from him today when he said something like.. why should i pray. because i know nothing good ever will happen from doing it. nothing good has happened yet.
Someone please help me get this brother back onto the right path and help his family.also is there a proper way to make dua for him and his family?
Inshallah someone will respond soon.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
snakelegs
01-29-2008, 06:21 AM
**bump**

noorseeker
01-29-2008, 06:35 AM
Salam brother, reading that it reminds me of me sometimes, and i see how silly things i think sometimes.

For example all these people are doing haram things and they seem to be happy, im trying to pray and be good and how comes im un happy.

Because shaytan is going to come to me more than those other people , im cant offer a solution my brother , im looking for it my self. I know a lot of bro and sis will say to your friend to be patient,
and to be honest they are right.
Patience is the only way and believe you me i need to learn it in double quick time.

I hate it when i think i prayed and allah swt and he isnt listening to me , when i know he is.
Im in financial diffuculty my self , and you know what it makes me want to give more money to charity, i hope i have helped and forgive me for any mistakes i have made , slam

sur
01-29-2008, 09:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by malanaiz
Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters.
I was talking to a friend of mine who's family is having a bit of financial trouble and my friend is losing faith in Islam. I was very shocked to hear from him today when he said something like.. why should i pray. because i know nothing good ever will happen from doing it. nothing good has happened yet.
Someone please help me get this brother back onto the right path and help his family.also is there a proper way to make dua for him and his family?
Inshallah someone will respond soon.
Read these verses from Qur'an to ur friend; Thell them this life is all about TEST:-

[2:155] Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your toil), but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere,

[21:35] Every soul shall have a taste of death: and We test you by evil and by good by way of trial. to Us must ye return.

[3:185] ......For the life of this world is but goods and chattels of deception. [186] Ye shall certainly be tried and tested in your possessions and in your personal selves; and ye shall certainly Hear much that will grieve you, from those who received the Book before you and from those who worship many gods. But if ye persevere patiently, and guard against evil,-then that will be a determining factor in all affairs.

[2:245] ...... It is God that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return.

[2:177] ........; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and a dversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the God-fearing.

[2:214] Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you?(Pray to Allah Q:2:286:-our Lord! Lay not on us a burden Like that which Thou didst lay on those before us;) they encountered suffering and adversity, and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: "When (will come) the help of God?" Ah! Verily, the help of God is (always) near!

[70:19] Truly man was created very impatient;-[20] Fretful when adversity touches him;[21] And niggardly when good reaches him;-[22] Not so those devoted to Prayer;-[23] Those who remain steadfast to their prayer;[24] And those in whose wealth is a recognised right.[25] For the (needy) who asks and him who is prevented (for some reason from asking);[26] And those who hold to the truth of the Day of Judgment;[27] And those who fear the displeasure of their Lord,-

[9:126] See they not that they are tried every year once or twice? Yet they turn not in repentance, and they take no heed.

[3:142] Did ye think that ye would enter Heaven without God testing those of you who fought hard (In His Cause) and remained steadfast?

[11:7] He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days - and His Throne was over the waters - [that He might try you, which of you is best in conduct. But if thou wert to say to them, "Ye shall indeed be raised up after death", the Unbelievers would be sure to say, "This is nothing but obvious sorcery!"

[11:9] If We give man a taste of Mercy from Ourselves, and then withdraw it from him, behold! he is in despair and (falls into) blasphemy.[10] But if We give him a taste of (Our) favours after adversity hath touched him, he is sure to say, "All evil has departed from me:" Behold! he falls into exultation and pride.[11] Not so do those who show patience and constancy, and work righteousness; for them is forgiveness (of sins) and a great reward.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

& that there's good time after bad time if they persist:-

[65:7] Let the man of means spend according to his means: and the man whose resources are restricted, let him spend according to what God has given him. God puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. After a difficulty, God will soon grant relief.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
malanaiz
01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Jazaka Allahu Khairan.

S_87
01-29-2008, 03:50 PM
thats a question that goes through so many peoples minds. why should they? but lets remind ourselves a little about islamic history. when Bilal radhiallahu anhu accepted islam, he accepted it with the wholeness of his heart. not for wealth or power. He was beaten so bad- his life looked horrible, his torture was something we cannot imagine. but what were his words? Ahad! he took it with faith. his life was the life of a slave, nothing was ever good for him and now he was being beaten up for a belief he could easily have thrown away and lived life slightly easier.
but did he? his heart had touched the light of iman, how could he give up what he saw? he was willing to die of the torture.
and lets fast forward to today. Bilal bin Rabah, the slave who was tortured and had nothing is a name known in every muslim household. every single corner of the world echoes with the words he said so frequently. he was given the honour of being the muazzin of Muhammed :arabic5: and what did he have to give for that? money? no. power? no. Family relations? no. Iman! trust in Allah!
and thats what we need. this is not just one case, but there are many like this.
even today, we see millions of muslims in pain hunger but with what? faith. faith in the promise of Allah.
surely after hardship comes ease.
and you have to believe that. he can give it all up, but what does he think? he will make money get out of the financial troubles then what? he will die and be a loser both in this world and the hereafter?

remind him of stories and show him examples of the sweetness of faith. everyone gets tested. the rich are tested with their wealth too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.