/* */

PDA

View Full Version : wrote a post about my mum if you remember...

saidah_ahmed
01-26-2008, 10:15 PM
:raging:
I don't know if you remember that i told you about my mum going out partying and drinking alcohol, well, i've done everything I could, i prayed 5 x a day for her to stop, but it just got worse, i asked her to join the muslim community at mosque, she didn't want to, even if I pressurise her to go, she hasn't even been once. she told me that i can't make her go if she doesn't want to, I said there's a womens gathering at the mosque if she wants to come just to for me just to make me happy at least, she says no each time and says that she's promised her friends that she'll go out and drink at a nightclub. it's embarrassing, if she was western that's fine, but she's a muslim and once got drunk. i feel like i'm distancing myself from her because of this and rumours in the muslim community have spread saying how a bad mother she is. isn't that embarrassing? why can't she be like any other muslim mums. if do'as not enough, if asking her to go to the women's gathering at the mosque is not enough, arguments are just going to increase and that'll make me a ad person to argue with parents all the time. what shall I do? why can't she just go to the mosque at least for me. everytime i ask her to go to the mosque we start argueing. do you think she's setting a bad example? help.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anonymous
01-27-2008, 08:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saidah_ahmed
:raging:
do you think she's setting a bad example? help.
WITHOUT A DOUBT

Sister I always hear about stories like these where an inidvidual is practising, yet the family are not, and coming from a very much practising family though I am not very practising myself, this surprises me. I can understand a family being religious, and an individual not, yet i can never seem to understand the opposite. :-\:-\ MashaAllah, Alhamdulillah, U sound very practising yourself and I cannot even begin to imagine what you are going through- I mean, I hear of families not being practising as in into their music, dont regularly go to teh mosque or pray etc etc but Iv never heard of a situaution like this where a MUSLIM MOTHER goes pubbing and clubbing. This somewhat upsets me as you. However, im nt very good at advising people but all I can say is, dont give up on her, continue as you are doing in trying to pursuade her to attend the masjid with you etc and inshAllah, in due time you will get somewhere. You will be in my duas sis, good luck xx

P.s if your mother a born muslim and are the friends she hangs out with also muslim??

Have you tried speaking to a member of your family about this, for instance your father?

saidah_ahmed
01-28-2008, 08:08 PM
well, they're divorced and that's the reason why she's like this. he totally gave up talking to her because it just falls into an argument and she always replies that he doesn't control her. i would love to talk to an imam, but what if she finds out I've been talking to him and gets angry that I've been doing this behind her back?

saidah_ahmed
01-28-2008, 08:18 PM
well, they're divorced and that's the reason why she's like this. he totally gave up talking to her because it just falls into an argument and she always replies that he doesn't control her. i would love to talk to an imam, but what if she finds out I've been talking to him and gets angry that I've been doing this behind her back?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.